Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Yeah this season has looked pretty goddamn ugly. Was the turnover in coaching last year particularly large or something? It seems like many of the offenses I have watched haven't really found their rhythm or figured out what works for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wow Brady just calling out Liam E like that

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Also the UK media relations are going great

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/06/rasul-douglas-playing-in-london-f-ing-sucked/

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Grip it and rip it posted:

Yeah this season has looked pretty goddamn ugly. Was the turnover in coaching last year particularly large or something? It seems like many of the offenses I have watched haven't really found their rhythm or figured out what works for them.

lots of injuries and brady's cooked

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

There was a lot of turnover in coaching staffs this season but not much more than a normal year. I think part of it is a lot of teams don't play anyone in preseason so it takes some time to get communication and things that you can't really practice to come together.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

lol'd at this comment:

quote:

buffalobluecollarlunchbucket56 says:
October 6, 2022 at 11:33 am
It was a business trip Douglas. Sorry you didn’t get to be a tourist while on company time.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lmao that’s gotta be a spoof account with that username

…right?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Scoring is down league wide because, as the argument goes, many teams have switched over to playing a cover 2 shell zone defense, which was most famously used against the Chiefs last year, to solid effect. What this defense does is keep everything deep covered but mostly surrenders the soft short zone, so it's basically defenses going "we'll give you short dump offs all day, if you do this can succeed at this 10 times without fuckin g up you'll score", which is good for shortening games and is generally effective at stalling teams out enough to limit scoring.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Where can I buy your bathwater?

Be careful thoooough…

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Cover 2 shell and also not blitzing Mahomes at all is really effective. Especially against the years past Chiefs offenses which were just Kelce and Hill, with barely a run game and garbage at options 3/4/5 in the pass game.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Which is why I'm very excite about Expecto Pacheco

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

kiimo posted:

Which is why I'm very excite about Expecto Pacheco

CEH has actually looked better as well in the games Ive seen. Maybe he’s feeling the heat from competition, or maybe he’s just finally getting used to NFL speed.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Kalli posted:

Scoring is down league wide because, as the argument goes, many teams have switched over to playing a cover 2 shell zone defense, which was most famously used against the Chiefs last year, to solid effect. What this defense does is keep everything deep covered but mostly surrenders the soft short zone, so it's basically defenses going "we'll give you short dump offs all day, if you do this can succeed at this 10 times without fuckin g up you'll score", which is good for shortening games and is generally effective at stalling teams out enough to limit scoring.

One of the ways to beat cover 2 shell is gap runs up the gut, which famously went out of fashion for the last couple years

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

One of the ways to beat cover 2 shell is gap runs up the gut, which famously went out of fashion for the last couple years

Yup, and also why rushing yards per attempt is at its higher this year then anytime in the last like 15 years.

SMASHMOUTH IS BACK BABY

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

sounds like it's time to establish the run :getin:

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

And somehow the Bills still suck at it.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

latinotwink1997 posted:

Also, the Bucs.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

latinotwink1997 posted:

Meanwhile if you look at the teams who everyone thought would suck but have more competent then expected offenses:

Top 6 in rushing:

Lions 5.9 Y/A
Giants 5.7 Y/A
Ravens 5.4 Y/A
Bears 5.2 Y/A
Seahawks 5.2 Y/A
Falcons 5.1 Y/A

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Hey man our run game is fine

If you exclude our running backs

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

wandler20 posted:

lol'd at this comment:

Honestly the best part of going on business abroad right now is how cheap everything is given the dollar’s strength. Sad to see that NFL teams aren’t allowing their players to buy stuff over there 40%.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

wandler20 posted:

I'm pretty sure the other one is fighting in Saudi Arabi for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship sometime soon.

no, you're confusing him with the other one

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

YOLOsubmarine posted:

CEH has actually looked better as well in the games Ive seen. Maybe he’s feeling the heat from competition, or maybe he’s just finally getting used to NFL speed.
I've read and had Eagles fans tell me that it takes a few years for RBs to really blossom in Reid's system and this is CEH's third year so, uh, well who knows?

Kalli posted:

SMASHMOUTH IS BACK BABY
Is that... Mike Mularky's music?!?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1578041351589044224?s=20&t=OQLknD2H8A4kei7yyTdJXg

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
A lot of injuries heading into the weekend:

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1578117157698895890?s=20&t=1KGKks2KAqt4WDJCPQJ81g

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1578113163068932100?s=20&t=1KGKks2KAqt4WDJCPQJ81g

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1578113527750991874?s=20&t=1KGKks2KAqt4WDJCPQJ81g

https://twitter.com/JoshTheAthletic/status/1578113349325389824?s=20&t=1KGKks2KAqt4WDJCPQJ81g

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1578113765316431873?s=20&t=1KGKks2KAqt4WDJCPQJ81g

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami could be without

Waddle
Hill
X
Byron Jones
Tua
Armstead

lmao

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I would be shocked if either Waddle or Hill missed. The rest, probably.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Amy Pole Her posted:

Miami could be without

Waddle
Hill
X
Byron Jones
Tua
Armstead

lmao

Sheesh, that list:

https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/status/1578120311492542472?s=20&t=1KGKks2KAqt4WDJCPQJ81g

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

I would be shocked if either Waddle or Hill missed. The rest, probably.

Did you see something I didnt?

Waddle was extremely limited today and is expected to still be limited tomorrow. Very likely hes not playing, and if he is, limited snaps. Hill Im just hoping

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Browns really should have gone 4-0. Now that they’re 2-2 they’ll probably finish .500

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I was thinking the same thing today. Seems like we have the Chiefs, Bills and Eagles in no particular order as good teams and then varying levels of trash

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

Did you see something I didnt?

Waddle was extremely limited today and is expected to still be limited tomorrow. Very likely hes not playing, and if he is, limited snaps. Hill Im just hoping

I just figure Limited and Questionable by Wednesday usually means they’re playing on Sunday. They might limit his reps I guess. The ones who still aren’t practicing by the install which is usually Thursday then those are unlikely.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Gatts posted:

Browns really should have gone 4-0. Now that they’re 2-2 they’ll probably finish .500

Going .500, especially in games with our backup, isn't really that bad considering.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Adun posted:

Honestly the best part of going on business abroad right now is how cheap everything is given the dollar’s strength. Sad to see that NFL teams aren’t allowing their players to buy stuff over there 40%.

ummm not the pound though

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Woozie66 posted:

Going .500, especially in games with our backup, isn't really that bad considering.

Comedy option we end at .500 because of Deshaun.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Woozie66 posted:

Considering the questionable decisions by coaching which lead to the team losing eminently winnable games?

edit: Not trying to be a dick but I feel like its a discussion at all because the two games they lost they had leads in.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I've read and had Eagles fans tell me that it takes a few years for RBs to really blossom in Reid's system and this is CEH's third year so, uh, well who knows?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Nah. It's because 1) The Chiefs line is dominant at run blocking now. 2) CEH lost his spleen and was also folded in half last season and got down to 160 pounds. He's not particularly fast and definitely not big so that matters a lot. 3) He still has vision issues, he's just hitting the wrong holes better now since he's finally healthy. 4) Pacheco has vision issues too and the more I see them the more I fear they're being told to hit holes no matter what by the coaching staff, possibly because of how it sets up things in the passing game.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Jets winning the Super Bowl this week.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I remember enjoying how the Patriots' SoS was a little easier each season cause they never had to play the Patriots

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

WalletBeef posted:

Jets winning the Super Bowl this week.

This week and not Week 8? I'd think that one is the Jets' Super Bowl potential this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

kiimo posted:

Nah. It's because 1) The Chiefs line is dominant at run blocking now. 2) CEH lost his spleen and was also folded in half last season and got down to 160 pounds. He's not particularly fast and definitely not big so that matters a lot. 3) He still has vision issues, he's just hitting the wrong holes better now since he's finally healthy. 4) Pacheco has vision issues too and the more I see them the more I fear they're being told to hit holes no matter what by the coaching staff, possibly because of how it sets up things in the passing game.

Pacheco runs harder and faster in his pre-snap motion than I will ever run in my entire life.