Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

teen witch posted:

I have a feeling that anyone who has the raw nerve to do so doesn’t care if it’s immediate execution.

I really wonder how this is all going to end. I’m not expecting a Waco style disaster but I truly don’t have a good feeling.

I don’t see Jones as really being willing to go down Waco style, or pulling some kind of Jonestown thing, given how much he likes his comfortable life full of toys and nice consumables that would be harder to get if he withdrew to a compound, and how much he hates actually talking to his most fervent fans. He’s going to leave a legacy of madness behind when he eventually kicks it though, and I wouldn’t be surprised if that movement produces a major violent incident like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Narcissists don't kill themselves.

They do whatever they can to keep on going.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
i can still hope that he lowtaxes himself, don't crush my dreams

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009
Alcohol withdrawal. Not because he is trying to quit but because he's gonna hide himself somewhere and someone else stole his reserves.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah, he'll never need to go that far. He doesn't actually need a studio with a hundred employees. If he lost everything he could downgrade to a home podcast and blame the lovely quality on the elites who are trying to silence him. Go on a paid speaking tour blathering about free speech or whatever.

It's not like he has to worry about his retirement and how he's going to support himself in his golden years. He'll be lucky to make it to 55 before his heart blows up.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

My money is on killed by one of his own fans for insane reasons.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hollismason posted:

What's going on with Jones's bankruptcy proceedings

Trustee has recommended a new CRO which is a retired CPA who has worked a number of bankruptcies with the US Trustee in other cases. Lee and Schwartz have both filed for rehearing for their denial but I don’t think judge will humor it. The US Trustee also listed that a paraprofessional will be working with them at a rate of $150/hr (paid by FSS).

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Facebook Aunt posted:

It's not like he has to worry about his retirement and how he's going to support himself in his golden years. He'll be lucky to make it to 55 before his heart blows up.

Wait. How the fulk old is AJ?!

*Praise be to google, That Which Knows All*

Alex Jones is only 8 years older than I am?!

Holy poo poo, I need a second here.

(Also, my Price is Right call is $100m per family now, plus an additonal million per family each time Jones mentions Sandy Hook on his show or in a press conference moving forwards)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Facebook Aunt posted:

He'll be lucky to make it to 55 before his heart blows up.

God willing.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Checks out; Epstein didn't, after all.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
For how much he drinks it will be liver failure.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
When his organs quit on him and he dissolves into a puddle of chili-scented goo, whoever picks up the torch from him (probably one of the other fuckfaces already working under him at InfoWars) will sell a new line of Jones Memorial supplements claiming they’ll give you the same vitality and robust health that AJ himself had before he undershot his cohort’s life expectancy by twenty years.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Megabound posted:

My money is on killed by one of his own fans for insane reasons.

See, I was thinking that once they smell the scent of death on him, some of his subordinates will try to rise up and depose him.

But since none of them have the same skill to keep the operation going, they'll just try to stab each other in the back and keep proclaiming themselves the president of the Republic of Texas new head of InfoWars.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

LifeSunDeath posted:

can't believe all these people got radicalized by a drunk lunatic. like how stupid can you be to follow that guy.

He justify their worst instincts.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Foo Diddley posted:

at long last, Super Male Vitality and Goldbelly together

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

at long last, Super Male Vitality and Goldbelly together

super male belly

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
I have my money on congestive heart failure from the right amount of snake oils that he's selling mixed with a 0.3 or higher BAC one particularly bad day, if that security camera footage was legitimately indicative of his daily alcohol intake.

This is especially ironic to think about considering the jury had to be be read the actuarial tables for life expectancy of the plaintiffs earlier today when they were reading the charges.

But on note of actual verdict, the plaintiffs lawyers made it kind of abundantly clear that the jury should factor a specific thing: "We do not want you to judge with your sympathy, but with your empathy."

And judging by empathy and the human condition alone is going to net that 100 mil per family minimum, I think. But it's been pointed out over and over that FSS/Jones made and is still making bank from this, and it's far more than they were willing to show, so i'm going to up the ante and say 300 million per.

And if there's punitive damages, well. That's all she wrote.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

We won't find out until Tuesday at the earliest, right? Going with $69 million per plaintiff and not entirely as a joke.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

FFT posted:

We won't find out until Tuesday at the earliest, right? Going with $69 million per plaintiff and not entirely as a joke.

Huh, cause I had assumed the opposite.

I know the jury's deliberating tomorrow starting at 9:30AM (they mentioned it at the end), so if they magically get done at 10:07 why would they wait to announce? Especially because Judge Bellis is the one actually determining damages.

It's not like I actually know what I'm talking about though. I just know some facts that wouldn't make sense with your assumption and I have my own assumptions which might be laughably wrong. :shrug:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I haven't been following super closely, but I was under the impression that the court was doing other things on Mondays and Fridays

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

The trial itself with entire courtroom staff was meeting Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays, but it's not like the courthouse is closed. They're just doing other stuff because courthouses are big rear end public buildings that run important chunks of major government infrastructure.

They work weekends too, as has even come up in during Kit Daniels' deposition.

But the jury is still deliberating and the Plaintiff's are on 15 minutes notice to return to the courthouse as long as the jury is still doing their thing.

Fake edit : It's not like the judge just sits there waiting for the jury all day until they're done.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
jones is gonna literally just use this as a way to keep being terrible. hell why would he bother stopping now with his lies, if the fear of getting smacked with 100m judgment didn't stop him then nothing but jail will and that's off the table.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Can he be jailed for Contempt if he refuses to pay?

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
Oh there will be more than one way to wring blood from a stone, and Alex Jones and FSS are no exception.

The sad part is that Alex Jones said it himself: "INFOWARS is the #1 Alternative News Sources in the world." It's going to loving suck to hear him coming back to whatever airwave he chooses to engage.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Foo Diddley posted:

I'm convinced that with his visceral, reflexive contrarianism, he'll just go the ol' Bill Cooper route

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

last day will be starting soon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-5PI24xerw

jury are appearing at 9:30 (15m from now) to continue their deliberations and hopefully we have an answer today. what's court procedure if the jury go insane and decide they need a month to decide btw

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They'll ask them to hurry it along after a while.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Foo Diddley posted:

I 'm going to take the long shot and go with defenistration. Fingers crossed that he flees ro Russia at some point.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fit him in a torpedo and fire him at a Russian warship.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

goatface posted:

i'm not sure if that would work. Alex Jones does not look particularly hydrodynamic. I bet dropping his fat rear end from a sufficient height would probably blow up a T 34 tho

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

goatface posted:

If you can squeeze him into a 21-inch-diameter torpedo tube then by all means go ahead

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
There's a joke about firing a pork belly marinated in alcohol towards an army who are in desperate need for food and supplies.
But can't phrase it right

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I'm thinking that if Jones's health starts to fail from over-drinking that he'll be cast out as a loser from his fellow conspiracy theorists. Not unlike how Fred Phelps was supposed to be an eternal being in his church but once his health started failing they cast him out as a fake messiah.

Jones is absolutely replaceable to these nutcases and I think once they get a new personality to form their cult around that we'll never see Jones mentioned again. They'll happily throw him to the meat grinder.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

goatface posted:

he has a hard enough head that he'd just sink the warship

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Win win.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Thomamelas posted:

Doxxing jurors is a federal crime.

SO is storming the capitol to overturn an election, but here we are.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I've seen liver failure, that's how my mother went.

Not from drinking, barely drunk her whole life.

But she was pushing 80 and eventually somethings going to fail.

Took about 6 months from first signs of failure. She was tough.

Having seen it I don't recommend it.

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
The liver shutting down is an absolute hell on the human body, no matter what age you are. The medical processes going on that filter horrible poo poo through your body on a daily basis is something that honestly should be taught about in human anatomy/biology classes for, you know, everyone. I'm so sad to see people not know very simple things to help a sick friend out and what to look for. The worst are people who have to carry epi-pens and hope that when they start seizing, someone actually listened to them and A) Place the ORANGE SIDE TO THE THIGH, B) Don't hesitate to go for the thick muscle in the thigh, and C) NOT THROW THE loving EPI AWAY before driving your seizing friend to the hospital.

Also, D), no ambulance rides. Because :911:

Anyways, place your bets on this getting back...soon. And remember we have one more trial after this.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

funeral home DJ posted:

I'm thinking that if Jones's health starts to fail from over-drinking that he'll be cast out as a loser from his fellow conspiracy theorists. Not unlike how Fred Phelps was supposed to be an eternal being in his church but once his health started failing they cast him out as a fake messiah.

Jones is absolutely replaceable to these nutcases and I think once they get a new personality to form their cult around that we'll never see Jones mentioned again. They'll happily throw him to the meat grinder.

The plaintiffs should thank Alex for his help with the globalist agenda as a double agent, try to get his fans to turn on him. Maybe one of them goes Mark David Chapman on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

red19fire posted:

The plaintiffs should thank Alex for his help with the globalist agenda as a double agent, try to get his fans to turn on him. Maybe one of them goes Mark David Chapman on him.

Unlikely. He's inoculated his audience against that accusation by talking/bragging about how the globalists have tried to recruit him time and time again and FAILED because he's SO COMMITTED to the CAUSE