Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mario is from New Donk City

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hwurmp posted:

will Mario swear

Mario should say poo poo.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
As long as someone chucks a baby penguin off a cliff I’ll be happy.

e wait what’s this about a movie i haven’t been paying attention

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Waffleman_ posted:

Mario is from No BaDonk City

:colbert:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/motorroach/status/1578135230594138114?s=46&t=1RvaF8XNIbHcCJSP2e3mLw

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Mario should say poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItLgYuDaqMQ

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Waffleman_ posted:

Mario is from New Donk City

But he couldn't take the pace

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lol knew exactly what you were sharing before I clicked it. I love that movie.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
https://twitter.com/AnimeAjay/status/1578121293982990341?t=3HM72JQfkH5Q0x1ON7vB6w&s=19

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Eh, it's probably fine for kids and it certainly looks less annoying than most cgi movies, so that's good for people taking their kids to see it i guess.
Attaching celebrities to animated seems like a huge waste of money to me , but I guess it's a marketing thing

I have one major problem with Wes anderson’s animated movies, and it’s that they use Hollywood stars who do not disguise their voice at all, so it’s just “oh this fox is George Clooney” or “this dog is just Edward Norton” all nite long

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

verbal enema posted:

Jerma should have been mario

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnuyid3Obm4

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

What's up DEWrito nation. We've got more bad news. Scoping out the local food library and once again the lack of Salsa Verde was palpable but to rub salt in the wounds not only were there the fully disgusting Flaming Hot Limon and Sweet Chili but as well they had a new disgusting flavor, Tamarind. Why the Lays company keeps testing us this way is confounding, truly we've become something of a Job figure to them. Let us hold out hope that this dark period ends soon and we can all bask in the seasoning of Salsa Verde and Cool Ranch

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Now that’s what I’m talkin about baby!!!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Mario gets bowser pregnant

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Make the whole movie just Bowser blowing poo poo up cause that part is really cool.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Jack Black as Bowser seems awesome so far at the very least (I assume he’s going to be one of the major highlights of the film)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Trailer seems fine. It's a videogame movie.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I gotta admit, hearing people joking about Chris Pratt being Mario all this time, I'd just assumed they were making another live action film, I had no idea it was gonna be a 3D animated thing. The former I could absolutely understand all the people being upset about, the latter seems entirely fine though :shrug:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/playcentermd/status/1578139031094919170?s=20&t=AY3u6Nqba6ZfkWRZ9ehQlA

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

So my kid had to do a "Hero's Journey" ballad for his literacy class. And it had to be about a current event of the last few years.

He chose as his subject the localization of the Great Ace Attorney duology. :3:

I hope he gets a good grade.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I'm surprised at how good that Mario movie trailer turned out to be considering video game movie track records in general.

And although Chris Pratt wouldn't be my first choice for Mario, it was nice to hear Mario speak in something other than one of the most annoying video game character voices ever conceived, which is saying something.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Oct 7, 2022

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

:goofy:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

you don't have to give movie mario an accent thicker than bolognese but just having christ pratt doing a normal rear end chris pratt voice is the laziest and safest route they could've gone

the fact that it seems like every dub on the planet told their VAs to squeeze in some of martinet's signature rhythms and tones makes me think it's just some uniquely americabrained pathology, like no one will see an animated film in the states if the main character isn't being voiced by someone who's recognizably making $50m+ a year

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Charles Martinent is the GOAT and his Mario is perfect.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I want to find his original audition tape where he just vamped about pasta for like 20 minutes

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Vermain posted:

you don't have to give movie mario an accent thicker than bolognese but just having christ pratt doing a normal rear end chris pratt voice is the laziest and safest route they could've gone

the fact that it seems like every dub on the planet told their VAs to squeeze in some of martinet's signature rhythms and tones makes me think it's just some uniquely americabrained pathology, like no one will see an animated film in the states if the main character isn't being voiced by someone who's recognizably making $50m+ a year

Realistically only a tiny number of people are going to see through this. The rest will go into the theater because Chris Pratt is voicing Mario.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Like, again, this has been working for the studios since 1992 and Robin Williams.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the problem with the trailer is that every line was painfully unfunny, nothing to do with the voices

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't think most of the lines were meant to be jokes

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the ones that were were all awful

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

cheetah7071 posted:

the ones that were were all awful

Did you consider that perhaps you are not a member of the demographic for which this children's movie is being made?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Children's movies haven't been made for children in decades

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

not since sharkboy and lavagirl

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Kids don't give a poo poo about Mario lol

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

kids these days only care about their tiktoks, saul goodman, and the one piece

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yes they do. They absolutely do.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Speaking of the trailer why is the direct for it 45 minutes?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If it doesn't show up in Fortnite it will be invisible to the Youth

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Charles Martinent is the GOAT and his Mario is perfect.

I like his Mario more in 64 than the other stuff, but that’s probably just a direction thing and he’s still the GOAT for being the Wario/Luigi/Waluigi actor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

Speaking of the trailer why is the direct for it 45 minutes?

35 or so minutes of that is just the "starting soon" screen for some loving reason

seriously why do people leave that poo poo in the youtube