Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
They'll grab Baker after Carolina fires Rhule and cleans house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Nodoze posted:

They'll grab Baker after Carolina fires Rhule and cleans house

Not nearly old enough

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Wentz is still pretty young, he just happens to play like an old washed-up QB.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
It’s Geoff.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I think the pressure will probably force the Colts to draft somebody at QB in the first round this year, and they'll probably finally have the draft capital to do it without mortgaging the next few years in a trade-up. And barring a Rivers-style surprise retirement by Ryan he'll probably still be the QB Week 1 of next season. So I could see Reich arguing that the team will perform better next year with QB continuity, and that he's the guy to develop the rookie.

One thing in Reich's favor is that I don't think Ballard will fire him unless he's directly ordered to by Irsay. Trouble is, Irsay has been pissed about the team's performance for a while now and might just do that.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
both Reich and Hackett gonna get fired this year bc their teams are loving unwatchable, good lord

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Oct 7, 2022

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

edit - wrong thread!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

I think the pressure will probably force the Colts to draft somebody at QB in the first round this year, and they'll probably finally have the draft capital to do it without mortgaging the next few years in a trade-up. And barring a Rivers-style surprise retirement by Ryan he'll probably still be the QB Week 1 of next season. So I could see Reich arguing that the team will perform better next year with QB continuity, and that he's the guy to develop the rookie.

One thing in Reich's favor is that I don't think Ballard will fire him unless he's directly ordered to by Irsay. Trouble is, Irsay has been pissed about the team's performance for a while now and might just do that.

I don't think Ballard is safe either. If the team keeps like this, it might be time to cut both of them loose. Like I think we're seriously getting to the point of putting Ehlinger in to see if he might actually be starting material.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Codependent Poster posted:

I don't think Ballard is safe either. If the team keeps like this, it might be time to cut both of them loose. Like I think we're seriously getting to the point of putting Ehlinger in to see if he might actually be starting material.
No Big Dick Nick?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Relentlessboredomm posted:

both Reich and Hackett gonna get fired this year bc their teams are loving unwatchable, good lord

Not to turn this into the GDT but this is absolute peak TNF. poo poo teams, nobody is prepared, serious injuries immediately. Just the absolute worst version of the nfl product.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

No Big Dick Nick?

Nah, if the Colts are gonna be bad this season they need to audition Ehlinger to see if he's a possible long term answer or not

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nah, if the Colts are gonna be bad this season they need to audition Ehlinger to see if he's a possible long term answer or not
That makes sense. I doubt Nick could do much better than Ryan, though I doubt his arm is quite as dead but I'm not sure how he would do behind this mess of an OL.

Docjowles posted:

Not to turn this into the GDT but this is absolute peak TNF. poo poo teams, nobody is prepared, serious injuries immediately. Just the absolute worst version of the nfl product.
I gave this a :hmmyes: then suddenly there was an ad about next week - WFT vs the Bears, and I laughed pretty heartily.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Oct 7, 2022

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Wrong thread

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BenVolin/status/1578208237102530562

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I think Ballard is probably safe if he drafts a QB in the first, even if he has to sacrifice Reich to buy himself another year

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I mean he is definitely not a long term answer imo, but if things keep going on like this for another couple of games then yeah. You know who Nick Foles is, might as well find out what Ehlinger is.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Docjowles posted:

TNF absolutely loving sucks. Thursday is the domain of fun belt and lovely lower tier acc games and the like, gently caress off nfl

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Docjowles posted:

Matt Ryan is currently 16/28, 109 yards.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Matt Ryan might just need to retire after this game.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Matt Ryan might just need to retire after this game.

Russ, Hackett, and Reich should join him

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

E:

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Paul Hackett's awful game management early in the year was really distracting from any attention on how awful the offense is. He should probably punt on 3rd down or something here.

Simplex fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Oct 7, 2022

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Simplex posted:

Paul Hackett's awful game management early in the year was really distracting from any attention on how awful the offense is. He should probably point on 3rd down or something here.

For some reason their entire passing game runs on short outs to Eric Saubert and underthrown deep balls to Cortland Sutton it’s honestly fascinating to watch

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Hackett’s loving fired tonight :lol:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Remember when I said Hackett is done at the end of the year

He's not getting that far into the season. And I feel more validated than before for sticking to my guns about his Deservedly short leash

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Professor Funk posted:

For some reason their entire passing game runs on short outs to Eric Saubert and underthrown deep balls to Cortland Sutton it’s honestly fascinating to watch

That is the Russel Wilson offense. 3's and layups

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
So Hackett might need to be moved up :laugh:

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Hackett and Russ graciously trying to shield Reich and Ryan from criticism this week

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Hackett gets fired after Pederson and the Jags shame them in London

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Hackett lost that game with his dogshit coaching, even though Wilson is gonna be taking the brunt of the media criticism

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Grip it and rip it posted:

Hackett lost that game with his dogshit coaching, even though Wilson is gonna be taking the brunt of the media criticism

I think there’s plenty of blame to go around but if everyone on the offense sucks that’s probably an indictment of the offensive coaching.

That said, Russ made a bunch of very bad individual plays.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If the Broncos kick the FG they win. If they run the ball and take the clock down and then kick the FG they win. But they passed?

And in OT, I think you also kick that FG to tie it. Or if you're going for it, you run it.

Hackett should really be fired ASAP.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Russ is bad. The receivers keep dropping the ball. The running backs keep fumbling. The o-line can't block and have to be one of the most penalized in the league. Denver's offense is just miserable, and I don't see how it improves with how many guys are going down with injuries.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

And in OT, I think you also kick that FG to tie it. Or if you're going for it, you run it.

This is the only decision I agree with in theory, I mean screw playing for ties if you're the coach and not just us morons cheering on ties. Play call we can talk about, yeah.

But from with how abhorrent this offense looks...like I don't understand how it's all Russ or any of the other players, and you're gonna be stuck for a few years either way so you need to figure something out... So, yeah.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

If the Broncos kick the FG they win. If they run the ball and take the clock down and then kick the FG they win. But they passed?

It's like Hackett took exactly the wrong lesson from "why did you kick a 64-yard field goal? Why didn't you let Russ try and win it?" The lesson is: DON'T TRY 64 YARD FIELD GOALS, not "don't kick a field goal at the end of a game." Although, based on what we saw tonight, I suppose that the 64-yard FG was actually the better option.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I don't think going for it is a bad call. And the play call was fine, you had a receiver wide open in the end zone. The execution of everything is just dog poo poo.

I think I need this mini break more than the players.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Don't fire Hackett

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Hackett hired a man to tell him when to kick field goals and still didn't kick the field goal.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Hackett hired a man to tell him when to kick field goals and still didn't kick the field goal.

I didn't see the sequence of events in the 4th quarter but I don't fault Hackett for going for it in OT. It was a bad playcall when all you needed was 1 yard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Don't fire Hackett

Yeah this from my perspective, but if I were a Denver fan I'd want to promote Ejiro Evero as the interim coach and see how he handles it.

Because that defense has played their rear end off and kept them in every damned game while the offense just whew, that offense. Which Hackett is supposed to be in charge of.