Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

TheBizzness posted:

Russ is so bad.

He just completed a pass to two WRs at the same time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

imagine paying to attend this

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I bought tix to Pats/Colts like two months ago lol. It'll probably be Sam Ehlinger vs Bailey Zappe.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
That's a dub brother

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
It still seems dumb to me that they're going to spend 1.4 billion to build smaller stadium right next to the current stadium, and it's also going to have an open roof.

There's acres and acres of mostly empty land adjacent to downtown, or in South Buffalo/Lackawana where a state of the art retractable roof stadium could have been placed, and parking lots/garages. Yes it would cost more, but the return on investment for the taxpayers would be astronomically higher.

Don't get me started on all the people claiming "but the city doesn't have the infrastructure for the traffic!". Like Orchard park does? Seriously? An exurb with a population of ~35k?

Another fact against Orchard Park, the cell phone companies haven't even bothered to put in enough capacity to handle the increased volume on game days around the stadium. Are there any other NFL stadiums without full cell phone coverage?

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

th3t00t posted:

Another fact against Orchard Park, the cell phone companies haven't even bothered to put in enough capacity to handle the increased volume on game days around the stadium. Are there any other NFL stadiums without full cell phone coverage?

Feeling this post. We almost didn't get into the Titans game because my buddy couldn't load the tickets on his phone as we were walking into the gate. We had to do a email password reset and load the tickets. It took like 10 minutes and lots of other fans were having loading issues as well. Not good.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

some more info on why lifelong dolphins fan tyreek hill picked the miami dolphins!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34732410/inside-jets-trade-pursuit-tyreek-hill-how-rebounded

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

th3t00t posted:

It still seems dumb to me

Not dumb it's a miracle exceeding my wildest dreams. This is one of the only realities where the Bills even exist at all let alone still maintain their deep connection to WNY.

th3t00t posted:

Really dude?

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

pasaluki posted:

Not dumb it's a miracle exceeding my wildest dreams. This is one of the only realities where the Bills even exist at all let alone still maintain their deep connection to WNY.

Nov 6, 2002

With such a rich tradition of winning and achieving accolades how could taxpayers not support the Bills????

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ehud posted:

some more info on why lifelong dolphins fan tyreek hill picked the miami dolphins!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34732410/inside-jets-trade-pursuit-tyreek-hill-how-rebounded
I feel like there's not a whole lot of new info here but I think pretty much all teams involved are happy with how it played out.

Jets wouldn't have Jermaine Johnson or Breece Hall and they obviously wouldn't have used #10 on Garrett Wilson. They probably would have taken Trevor Penning instead or something. I'm good with it.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
There are an endless number of things that the state of New York would be better off spending money on than the football franchise owned by a literal multi-billionaire.

On the other hand, the state of New York would definitely just find some other way to give kickbacks to (a) wealthy billionaire(s) rather than doing anything productive, sooo....:shrug:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

I feel like there's not a whole lot of new info here but I think pretty much all teams involved are happy with how it played out.

Jets wouldn't have Jermaine Johnson or Breece Hall and they obviously wouldn't have used #10 on Garrett Wilson. They probably would have taken Trevor Penning instead or something. I'm good with it.

Yeah, that's basically where I am. I'm not going to go so far as to say I'd *rather* have those guys than Hill, but that could definitely end up being the case.

I still don't know how I feel about Sunday's game. I'm not expecting the Jets to win, but at a minimum I'm hoping Wilson carries some of his progress last week over to a much tougher Dolphins defense. But I also feel like they definitely could win? Or they could also get boatraced by Hill and Waddle? I have no idea.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Ehud posted:

hard to turn down 6 million and the opportunity to catch passes from NFL Passing Rating Leader Tua Tagovailoa

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
They absolutely could win due to the injuries. Dolphins should be favourites, but I don't think by much, depending on the injuries

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Declan MacManus posted:

hard to turn down 6 million and the opportunity to catch passes from NFL Passing Rating Leader Tua Tagovailoa

what's more powerful, NFL Passing Rating Leader Tua Tagovailoa or a couple lil bonks to the head and an organization that top to bottom doesn't care about his health and will gently caress up every step of the process developed to keep him safe

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That doesn’t seem like a real question at all!

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

It sure sounds like Duane Brown is gonna play.

https://twitter.com/richcimini/status/1578395297293762562?s=46&t=DTReQ31bOAcgTb3VYwMpKg

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Phobeste posted:

what's more powerful, NFL Passing Rating Leader Tua Tagovailoa or a couple lil bonks to the head and an organization that top to bottom doesn't care about his health and will gently caress up every step of the process developed to keep him safe

We’re talking about from Tyreeks prespective right? Because I don’t think he worries much about giving lil bonks to the head or the health of his loved ones.

He’ll put up numbers with YOU.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Mixed feelings about playing the Jets. With so many players out you lower your expectations, and at least we won't have to watch Tua get hurt...but if we lose to the stinking Jets I envision a downward spiral that ends with a new head coach in three years after still no play offs.

We draft a hot Georgia QB that is certified as immune to injury or interception, but his behavioral issues are his downfall. He is suspended after assaulting a fan at a Subway over an argument about his own signature sub. Mitch Trubisky is his back up and people get excited at first after he rallies to beat a hot Jets team, the reigning super bowl champs. But it is all smoke and mirrors. We go 8-10, with a huge loss in the neo-Tokyo game. Head coach Deon Sanders is still lauded as an offensive genius, so maybe next year will be the year...

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
No Poyer. Hopefully it's more management for the Kansas game than major injury.

https://twitter.com/MattParrino/status/1578395183049330692

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Still a decent amount of players in questionable status too including those two DTs.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/Marcel_LJ/status/1578409116611002368
https://twitter.com/Marcel_LJ/status/1578409684176101377
https://twitter.com/houtz/status/1578410944879034368

Professor Funk posted:

It sure sounds like Duane Brown is gonna play.
They're all playing

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Reminder that McDaniel and Saleh are BFFs so he’s gonna be saying lotsa goofy poo poo

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

Reminder that McDaniel and Saleh are BFFs so he’s gonna be saying lotsa goofy poo poo
McDaniel and LaFleur as well since they were run and pass game coordinators together. The flowers have been raining from all sides.
https://twitter.com/Al_Iannazzone/status/1578058444657119232

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

pasaluki posted:

Really dude?
If this was the only option to keep the Bills in WNY, then fine, its better than them leaving.

But there's like 100's of acres of brown field sites they could have cleaned up and turned into the new stadium instead, within <5 minutes of downtown. A much better use of >$800m in taxpayer money.

And yes it's a big issue that people can't use their cell phones near or in the stadium on game day.

The only other stadium I've been to for a game is Green Bay and there was no issue with cell service there.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Has Duane Brown even practiced with the team yet? It feels like he got signed, immediately got hurt, and hasn't practiced since? I just would rather keep him out 1 more week.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
the only good thing about the bills stadium deal is that it's coming from state taxes, meaning a large number of jets fans are footing some of the bill

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

syzpid posted:

Has Duane Brown even practiced with the team yet? It feels like he got signed, immediately got hurt, and hasn't practiced since? I just would rather keep him out 1 more week.

I think I’d rather have Duane Brown on no practice, AVT spot starting RT, and Herbig at RG than letting Connor McDermott on the field.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

syzpid posted:

He played in a couple of preseason games didn’t he? I think he hurt his shoulder the week before the opener.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bill's getting weird again

quote:

BISMARCK, N.D. (KFYR/Gray News) - A North Dakota pizza restaurant worker is going from behind the counter to the front lines of the NFL.

At Uncle Maddio’s Pizza in Minot, Sebastian Gutierrez stood out.

“I saw him behind the line making pizzas and I just, I thought my manager Denise must have hired someone to head off security, I guess,” Losson Leonard said, business owner.

The owner, Losson Leonard, says after talking to his 6-foot-6 employee, he learned Sebastian was recruited to play ball at Minot State as an offensive lineman.

He also discovered Sebastian was working towards a career in the NFL, and in the meantime, making pizzas.

“He’s like, you’re my favorite pizza place, so might as well get a job here, so that’s what happened. My manager, Denise gave him a job, and he worked for us two, three days a week whenever he could when he’s not training,” Leonard said.

Leonard says after being waived by the Denver Broncos; the NFL hopeful was signed Wednesday by the New England Patriots.

He said he and others at the restaurant are proud of Sebastian and his work ethic.

“I think he’s a great young man, and I wish him the best. I think he’ll do well. I think once they let him in the door, he’ll never come out, I think he’ll have a great career in the NFL,” Leonard said, both on and off the field.

From some quick googling, it appears he played HS lacrosse.

Nov 6, 2002

Minot State...

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Nice. I guess the play is move Vera-Tucker to RT and just assume he's superhuman enough to do that as well. Or maybe Ogbuehi is up to speed and AVT can move back inside.
https://twitter.com/DWAZ73/status/1578437831546269696

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://twitter.com/BuffaloBillsPR/status/1578452603960262671

It's been worse...

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I really hope Teddy can weather the storm for a few games because the bottom of the AFC playoff field is the weakest it’s been and the Dolphins are definitely a playoff team on paper.

Nov 6, 2002

Brian Hoyer has been put on short term IR. So I guess they're gonna try to trot out Mac this weekend unless they promote Garrett Gilbert from the practice squad.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

what is this zapperasure ^

https://twitter.com/BerndBuchmasser/status/1578461077591162881

I guess maybe you mean backup, but if Mac could be backup, he could just start

Nov 6, 2002

My point was they either start Jones/Zappe or Zappe/Gilbert.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

I really hope Teddy can weather the storm for a few games because the bottom of the AFC playoff field is the weakest it’s been and the Dolphins are definitely a playoff team on paper.

yeah well tom brady still has a wife on paper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

TheBizzness posted:

I mean on paper, I think it should be fine- to an extent where I don't think it'd be shocking if we have some bad faith posturing about a quarterback controversy. "Good" Teddy Bridgewater is pretty good.

That being said your offense isn't fully settled or in place right now- it's all really just the wild upside without firm consistency.