Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Is there any trick to raptor fighting? I'm just making sure they have swords and shields and occasionally feeding them grape juice. My one good one just got promoted to a new league so now wins 10% instead of 90% which sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
I think the grasshopper/dragonfly tower level has defeated me, it's either three weeks of waiting for pet output or spamming chat which i have achieved nothing with

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

monkeytennis posted:

Hah was just going to ask if anyone had managed to grow one yet :negative:

Took me about 5000 potatoes.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Is there any trick to raptor fighting? I'm just making sure they have swords and shields and occasionally feeding them grape juice. My one good one just got promoted to a new league so now wins 10% instead of 90% which sucks.

There's not really a trick. Items are really powerful for low level raptors but once they get higher level, the fights end so fast that the turn they spend activating the item can cause your raptor to get hit and lose. The best thing you could do would be to send in a new raptor with items once the W/L ratio drops below 1, but it's probably not worth micromanaging.

BennyGsGhost
Jun 27, 2002

Low P/B or Bust
Pillbug

xiw posted:

I think the grasshopper/dragonfly tower level has defeated me, it's either three weeks of waiting for pet output or spamming chat which i have achieved nothing with

how many do you need? and are you xiw in game as well?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

monkeytennis posted:

Would you bother with bank perks once your 4x99 and 100-odd floors up the tower?

I only ask because I seem to have over 1300 gold and don’t see anything else to spend it on.

more

craftworks

slots

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

xiw posted:

There should be 30 dragonflies in your mailbox

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Unponderable posted:

There's not really a trick. Items are really powerful for low level raptors but once they get higher level, the fights end so fast that the turn they spend activating the item can cause your raptor to get hit and lose. The best thing you could do would be to send in a new raptor with items once the W/L ratio drops below 1, but it's probably not worth micromanaging.

I don’t think items consume a raptor’s turn anymore.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I’m sure glad Holger loves potatoes. He’s going to be my best friend very soon

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

GreyjoyBastard posted:

more

craftworks

slots

Yeah I saw sense in the end. Now I have eight slots.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

How important is cooking? I haven’t unlocked it yet so I’m not sure if using the gold on the perks is worth it?

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Steaks are 32k today.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Finally got that stupid model ship to get into pirates cove!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gating the new fishing spot behind a farming rune stone sucks. lol

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
25 large nets in and I got a super rare mythical chest. :confuoot:

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
7000 potatoes and mastery since yesterday and still no golden potato

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Should I be saving perk points for cooking stuff, or just gold?

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Is it worth it to invest in a vineyard? Opinions in general chat seem to conflict.

H110Hawk posted:

25 large nets in and I got a super rare mythical chest. :confuoot:

Congratulations. :toot:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LLSix posted:

Is it worth it to invest in a vineyard? Opinions in general chat seem to conflict.

Congratulations. :toot:

I feel like it’s worth investing in so you can make the number of grape juices you use in a day.

Beyond that though :shrug:

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

You will eventually be able to get all the Grape Juice and Wine you need through the Mandrill and Snake, respectively, but the A Way Back quest line requires 521 Wine to complete, and you’ll want to work on Wine/Grape Juice mastery anyway, so it doesn’t hurt to have the ability to create it yourself. I currently have 700 grapes/day, because with the Resource Saver perks that was sufficient to be able to create 4 Grape Juice/day until I got a Level 6 Mandrill.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

LLSix posted:

I've read both gold perk lists, and I think I have all the essentials. I'm not sure what to get next though. Currently I'm trying to decide between:

a) grape juice pitcher. I want this eventually but I'm low on grape juice right now and another round of pumpkins would only net ~60k a day.

b) extra guess at the vault. If it's the difference between succeeding or not, its an extra ~100k, but it won't be every day, so call it ~50k a day

c) Banker III - I'm saving up for a quarry, so this'd be 200-300k a day except when I empty out my account, but neither guide likes it which is confusing.

Grape juice pitcher is great. More GJ uses are always useful.

Extra guess at the vault is worthless. You can almost always guess in 4 or 5. If you need a 5th guess just pay the 50 AC - don’t waste the gold. My strat is always 1234 as my first guess, 5678 as my second guess, and working in 90 as my third guess. Obviously modify it as needed if you get all the numbers early. In my 63 vaults, I’ve solved 100% and in 4 or 5 guess all times except one where I needed 6.

Banker in general is one of the lowest return investments. I make 8m per day without any upgrades, and the lowest ROI upgrade would allow me to increase that to 16m for 50 gold. For comparison, I can throw a single large net in pirate cove (end game fishing area) and make that 8m. And I’m making many large nets each day. I would avoid the banker perks unless the passive income is really attractive to you for some reason (like you’re going on vacation for a bit).

I would suggest upgrading craftworks or buying some inventory if it’s still cheap. Some people will advise against buying inventory (as you get some passively each day) but I find that getting 100 extra inventory early can really feel like jumping forward in progression.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ruggan posted:

My strat is always 1234 as my first guess, 5678 as my second guess, and working in 90 as my third guess. Obviously modify it as needed if you get all the numbers early. In my 63 vaults, I’ve solved 100% and in 4 or 5 guess all times except one where I needed 6.

Yeah this is exactly how I do it too.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Is there a trick to getting the rare drop in the desert or am I just going to mindlessly be spamming "continue" for 10 stamina at a time until I get the ultra rare drop so I can build this compass thing?

I hope they don't do a questline like this again. It's bad enough trying to get rare drops when I can spam ciders and APs.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Vasler posted:

Is there a trick to getting the rare drop in the desert or am I just going to mindlessly be spamming "continue" for 10 stamina at a time until I get the ultra rare drop so I can build this compass thing?

I hope they don't do a questline like this again. It's bad enough trying to get rare drops when I can spam ciders and APs.

Pretty much.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Vasler posted:

Spend some corn and don't try to min/max it. If the sandworm eats 100 stam off a 10xOJ so be it. I'm at 16/click.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

H110Hawk posted:

Spend some corn and don't try to min/max it. If the sandworm eats 100 stam off a 10xOJ so be it. I'm at 16/click.

The current price for me to upgrade exploring in Jundland is 10,000 corn. I can't imagine what it took to get to 16, or the storage space needed.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

koshmar posted:

The current price for me to upgrade exploring in Jundland is 10,000 corn. I can't imagine what it took to get to 16, or the storage space needed.

I'm at 10k corn to upgrade too :(

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

koshmar posted:

Am I crazy here?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

No, you've just bought the Stamina Effectiveness upgrades and they haven't.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Ya’ll just need some new kicks

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Okay, that makes more sense.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Inventory for gold is worth it until like 250g per, depending on a lot of factors.

Early on it‘s just 50 apples/oranges/lemons more each day, depending on Orchard upgrades.
Later on, when you have enough raptors, it‘s around 40m silver/day due to passive antlers for LNs in PC.

That is all next to making the game easier in general.
So before you consider buying any Bank perks, look at inventory upgrades.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Well I sure am getting sick of growing spuds. Been at it all day and still no gold one. :negative:

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

monkeytennis posted:

Well I sure am getting sick of growing spuds. Been at it all day and still no gold one. :negative:

I got mine around 12k

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

koshmar posted:

I got mine around 12k

Great I’m at 7k and change.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

monkeytennis posted:

Great I’m at 7k and change.

Think of it as grinding friendship levels with Holger

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I'm up to 15k grown in the last few days, still nothin

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

LLSix posted:

Steaks are 32k today.

if you missed this they're 27k for another 4 hours or so

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

I so regret not selling my steaks yesterday. If I had, I'd have been able to buy another round today.\

I'm on Corn Quandry III. The quest chain that repeatedly asks for 200 Corn. Is this the start of corn jail?

LLSix fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Oct 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Took me 18k potatos to get the gold one. Someone in help chat said they got it in less than 100. RNG can be annoying.