Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bullshit. There’s any number of fanbases in this league who have suffered more and longer indecencies than some lovely spoiled Broncos fans who haven’t won a Super Bowl in a whopping 7 years and currently sit at a not even bad 2-3.

And every single one of them will still watch the games and give the league money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Diva Cupcake posted:

Bullshit. There’s any number of fanbases in this league who have suffered more and longer indecencies than some lovely spoiled Broncos fans who haven’t won a Super Bowl in a whopping 7 years and currently sit at a not even bad 2-3.

And every single one of them will still watch the games and give the league money.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
?? I don't think I'd be shocked at broncos fans being so lovely they'd immediately walk out coors field at halftime just cause Russell Wilson didn't immediately win them the super bowl by week 5.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The Broncos fans here are an extremely diehard fan base though? It’s not like they materialized out of the ether like a bunch of Seahawks fans did. With the huge influx of out out of staters here (present company included) it’s a bit diluted maybe, but they were still out there cheering for Drew Lock last year. I don’t think 5 games that are mediocre-to-bad are going to be what sends them over the edge.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Also a 9-9 tie and you want to do 10 more minutes? You’d have to hold a gun to my head to get me to stay at that point

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Diva Cupcake posted:

They're an insanely entitled fanbase who have never experienced sustained losing outside of the last six years. They also generally don't really accept that another team is ever better than them and every game they lose, they lost because they "beat themselves".

I have experienced 30 of the 32 fanbases in person and Denver isn't the worst, but they are a special brand of annoying and entitled. This comes from being extremely well run for like 50 years so I get it, but it doesn't make it not annoying.

I am obviously not referring to our regulars here

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

who is the worst?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

who is the worst?

Philadelphia and KC are equally awful. No one else is close

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

who is the worst?

San Diego were so bad they moved the team.

jk

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

BlindSite posted:

San Diego were so bad they moved the team.

jk

San Diego fans were largely uniformed and reactionary sad sacks.

It hasn't changed much

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Freaquency posted:

Also a 9-9 tie and you want to do 10 more minutes? You’d have to hold a gun to my head to get me to stay at that point

That was one of the more “exciting” points of the game tho, if you were disgusted by the play leave at halftime or after the third quarter or something, and still weird considering you’ve spent hundreds to go to the parking lot mecca a thousand miles from denver. And it’s ten minutes of game time at most and I think it was like 9pm there? idk nobody lives in the fictional mountain time zone

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Freaquency posted:

The Broncos fans here are an extremely diehard fan base though? It’s not like they materialized out of the ether like a bunch of Seahawks fans did. With the huge influx of out out of staters here (present company included) it’s a bit diluted maybe, but they were still out there cheering for Drew Lock last year. I don’t think 5 games that are mediocre-to-bad are going to be what sends them over the edge.

Materialized out of the ether lol it’s almost like the rest of the country mysteriously started noticing Seahawks fans once the Seahawks got good enough to enter the national conversation

Everyone all over the world was already familiar with broncos fans due to watching the broncos get blown the gently caress out in a bunch of super bowls

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

a neat cape posted:

philly ftw. i dont think ive seen another fanbase where you can become friends with them by making GBS threads on their team. they are usually too mad to get defensive

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:
https://twitter.com/nfloncbs/status/1578410826293198848?s=46&t=jeZ_8p0LUZGI7pXDs-spwA

Views:
This may be on par with the Herschel Walker trade in terms of one team fleecing another.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Should be noted they both wear the number 3 too.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That Russ contract is so bad. Combine that with the draft picks they gave up and that team has no hope for a long time.

I guess unless they can trade Russ to at least get his contract off the books? I dunno if that's possible though.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Codependent Poster posted:

That Russ contract is so bad. Combine that with the draft picks they gave up and that team has no hope for a long time.

I guess unless they can trade Russ to at least get his contract off the books? I dunno if that's possible though.

What could they possibly have left to dump his albatross of a contract? Like give up Jeudy, Surtain and whatever picks they have left

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

His signing bonus by itself is $92m. So even if they do some fuckery to get around the guaranteed base salaries the next two years to move the contract, if they traded him, they have zero way to avoid a like $80m dead cap hit that at best they could spread over the next two seasons.

Also if he's on the roster in 2024 (when cutting him would have a $50m dead cap hit), his $37m 2025 base salary becomes guaranteed. Meaning his dead cap hit goes UP from cutting him in 2024, by a lot.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Borsche69 posted:

philly ftw. i dont think ive seen another fanbase where you can become friends with them by making GBS threads on their team. they are usually too mad to get defensive

To get along with lovely Cowboys fans just insult their current QB, no matter who it is. They'll never be Troy or Roger.

But also you don't want to get along with these fans.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lmao Christ broncos what a clown show you’re running there. That trades so crippling.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Still don’t really understand why they signed that extension before a single snap when they were picking up a fairly generous two year contract remaining iirc

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I honestly don't think he's going to stay this bad - all of his stats are down in a way that seems like they will positively regress unless he really has just cratered at the age of 33.

Also Hackett will probably get fired soon so maybe a new playcaller will help

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Russ/Broncos will be fine yeah. At worst I feel like they’ll get it together and be a mediocre but solid team by the end of the season. They’ll be better next year. Everyone loves a car crash but they just look like a discombobulated mess right now.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Pontius Pilate posted:

Still don’t really understand why they signed that extension before a single snap when they were picking up a fairly generous two year contract remaining iirc

I doubt he was willing to sign with anyone that didn’t extend him contract.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Pontius Pilate posted:

Needed Russ to waive his no trade clause

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

positively regress

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Does Nate Hackett make it to week eight or nine?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Freaquency posted:

According to reports on the ground from That's Good Sports, who was unfortunate enough to have scheduled this game months in advance as an early birthday present, it was heavily overblown by the TV coverage. There's a lot of people filing out at the end of regulation, but that was mostly to get to the bathrooms before overtime -- apparently the house was still pretty dang full for the OT, which I think the camera shots corroborate.

Did some people leave early? Oh almost certainly. Do I blame them? Not one bit. But the ground impression is that it was less than the camera suggests.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the camera adds 10,000 fans

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

AndrewP posted:

I honestly don't think he's going to stay this bad - all of his stats are down in a way that seems like they will positively regress unless he really has just cratered at the age of 33.

Also Hackett will probably get fired soon so maybe a new playcaller will help

If he was under throwing routes and had no line drive like Cam last year you might have a point but physically he seems fine.

He seems more washed mentally and I don't know if it's the scheme or him or what. I guess the last 8 weeks will tell but when you've got no chemistry, make poo poo decisions and have terrible coaching above you... not great.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

This is the year Russ finally gets an mvp vote

nopants
May 29, 2004

let’s ride

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kalli posted:

His signing bonus by itself is $92m. So even if they do some fuckery to get around the guaranteed base salaries the next two years to move the contract, if they traded him, they have zero way to avoid a like $80m dead cap hit that at best they could spread over the next two seasons.

Also if he's on the roster in 2024 (when cutting him would have a $50m dead cap hit), his $37m 2025 base salary becomes guaranteed. Meaning his dead cap hit goes UP from cutting him in 2024, by a lot.

Thanks. I can't ever wrap my head around dead cap stuff.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

nopants posted:

let’s ride

Russel Willlson what's up

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

a neat cape posted:

Philly?! How about go gently caress yourself

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm now looking forward to Monday night because if the Raiders lose to the Chiefs, Josh McDaniels will look at the standings and go "I'm worse than Nathaniel Hackett?!?"

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

I'm now looking forward to Monday night because if the Raiders lose to the Chiefs, Josh McDaniels will look at the standings and go "I'm worse than Nathaniel Hackett?!?"

McDaniels having introspection? Nah

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Asproigerosis posted:

Yes yes, we all know the town motto it's right there on the billboard.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Materialized out of the ether lol it’s almost like the rest of the country mysteriously started noticing Seahawks fans once the Seahawks got good enough to enter the national conversation

Everyone all over the world was already familiar with broncos fans due to watching the broncos get blown the gently caress out in a bunch of super bowls

Mm, no, the Seahawks fans weren't a tenth as obnoxious during the Hasselbeck/Alexander days as they were in the 2010s with the Legion of Boom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Asproigerosis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fHDgvwFYp8