Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

aphid_licker posted:

Guys you srsly don't need this unless you have hella risk factors

What if I don't have risk factors and want to keep it that way (Covid fucks you up and gives you risk factors for the next round)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

How much is a fourth fuckin dose of vax gonna help with that

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It's gonna get those antibody titers up again, giving you about 4 months of protection against infection before they wane again.

I'm not too keen on boosting two or three times a year either, I don't think it's necessary. Antibodies are only part of the story, memory B cells and T cells are incredibly important too, and those stick around for far longer and T cells especially are not impacted by variants (yet, anyway).

But I firmly believe that you should have the choice to take the vaccine every 4-6 months if you want to. This gatekeeping by the government is incredibly patronizing.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Edit: Looked it up: Gasteig is now apparently for all ages but the Impfzentrum Gasteig website does not correctly reflect that and tells you 5 to 18. If you look it up on Google there a phone number which is probably the one if you want to make a Termin.

Hopper fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Oct 8, 2022

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

aphid_licker posted:

Guys you srsly don't need this unless you have hella risk factors

Yeah, just to be clear, I'm unqualified to give medical advice one way or the other. If you've had Covid recently, that's definitely something to consider as well.

In my case, my first booster was in December, I haven't had Covid yet, and I haven't experienced any serious side effects from the previous shots, so I'm not exactly going crazy either.

beer_war fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Oct 8, 2022

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

spankmeister posted:

It's gonna get those antibody titers up again, giving you about 4 months of protection against infection before they wane again.

I'm not too keen on boosting two or three times a year either, I don't think it's necessary. Antibodies are only part of the story, memory B cells and T cells are incredibly important too, and those stick around for far longer and T cells especially are not impacted by variants (yet, anyway).

But I firmly believe that you should have the choice to take the vaccine every 4-6 months if you want to. This gatekeeping by the government is incredibly patronizing.

I think it's reasonable to get a booster right about now, when cases are going up, and many outdoor activities become impractical. So a booster every autumn, and perhaps a second one early January if you feel like it.

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Essentially it becomes something like the non-controversial Grippenimpfung, I guess.

I and my whole family had corona just one month ago, so I don't think we will get boostered. Not even allowed or recommended, right?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Torrannor posted:

I think it's reasonable to get a booster right about now, when cases are going up, and many outdoor activities become impractical. So a booster every autumn, and perhaps a second one early January if you feel like it.

Yeah, just make a combination fully updated flu + covid shot each year and give it to everyone late September early October.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

Essentially it becomes something like the non-controversial Grippenimpfung, I guess.

I and my whole family had corona just one month ago, so I don't think we will get boostered. Not even allowed or recommended, right?

I believe the recommendation is to wait 3 months.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

spankmeister posted:

Yeah, just make a combination fully updated flu + covid shot each year and give it to everyone late September early October.

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

Yes, that's my thinking. Corona case numbers will rise every autumn/winter, so you should be able to protect yourself if you want to. Just like with the flu. Combining both vaccines would be really cool, though I don't know whether there are any complications if you take both at the same time. And I think the Grippeimpfung is already a combination of at least two vaccines?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Well many docs will boost you in the left arm and flu-poo poo your right. Apparently it doesn't matter. I'll ask mine if it makes sense for me as well.

I never got the flu shot because I didn't want to "take it away" from more vulnerable people. But if I learnt one thing in the last 2 years it is that I have to watch out for myself because peole have 0 qualms infecting others with illnesses.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I'll get my fifth booster (unless this cold I have turns out to be covid) because apparently there's a new Impfstoff variant out that helps better against omicron and I want to be max protecc. Always shoot me up with the newest stuff. I love getting impf'd!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Seriously, after having had that poo poo once I will go every 6 months or whatever they offer for a new booster. I really don't want it again and even if the booster "only" helps with severity and long Covid chance I'll get a subscription pass ASAP.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Torrannor posted:

Yes, that's my thinking. Corona case numbers will rise every autumn/winter, so you should be able to protect yourself if you want to. Just like with the flu. Combining both vaccines would be really cool, though I don't know whether there are any complications if you take both at the same time. And I think the Grippeimpfung is already a combination of at least two vaccines?

It's absolutely fine to take them at the same time. Early on in 2020 people weren't sure about that yet hence they wanted 2 weeks in between out of caution, but we know now that it's absolutely fine to give covid and flu shots at the same time (slightly more side effects reported but very minor)
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/season/faq-flu-season-2022-2023.htm

Think about it, when you go in for your childhood vaccinations or for travel vaccines they give you several at the same time too. Our bodies are constantly assaulted by all kinds of pathogens at the same time, our immune systems can deal with it no problem.

And you're right that flu vaccines are multivalent, they have up to 4 different strains in them I think?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

spankmeister posted:

And you're right that flu vaccines are multivalent, they have up to 4 different strains in them I think?

Yes, simply put, usually they estimate what 3 or 4 strains are the most likely to be prominent next flu season and put protection against those in the vaccine.

They got really good at this as well and usually are spot on, thus the vaccines provide good protection.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Now for something lighthearted: apparently the Kreml is safeguarding our critical IT infrastructure

https://www.zdf.de/comedy/zdf-magazin-royale/zdf-magazin-royale-vom-7-oktober-2022-100.html

:allears:

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

I take 5g creatine every day just so I can crank out just 1-2 Wiederholungen more in my Kraftdreikampf Hauptsätze. you bet I'm gonna shoot up that Impfstoff if it has any chance of reducing my risk of missing a workout. gains are gains

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Zwille posted:

Now for something lighthearted: apparently the Kreml is safeguarding our critical IT infrastructure

https://www.zdf.de/comedy/zdf-magazin-royale/zdf-magazin-royale-vom-7-oktober-2022-100.html

:allears:

Lighthearted shouldn't 'mean makes me want to puke'! loving CDU-Filz

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Yeah, get the BA4/BA5 shot. poo poo is still mutating rapidly and it'll never work as good as it works now.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

https://mobile.twitter.com/gebauerspon/status/1578684415844446208

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
https://twitter.com/elhotzo/status/1578705977997611008?s=46&t=Ls780WVvi2fQbmC4ubPgPA

lmao deleted it

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Finally time for our many Kaiserzeit mechanic Weichen to shine

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
8 Risikobegegnungen in 10 days.

This is fine.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Uhm I didnt think the app was still being used, what with noone getting tested anymore

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
i take public transport every day, spend my working days with hundreds of teenagers in closed rooms, go to a lot of concerts, go to the cinema a lot, go out every weekend.... and my corona app pinged once in the last 3 months i think

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

niethan posted:

Uhm I didnt think the app was still being used, what with noone getting tested anymore

Technically, I still have it on my phone. It hangs itself when I try to start it, though. Haven't managed to get it working in months now. I guess I should try a fresh install.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

What food is Frankfurt’s speciality? Don’t mention beer, since it’s not Kölsch, and I don’t drink anyway.

I’m stuck here overnight, and want to figure out what’s my plan for dinner and lunch.

Gurz
Sep 9, 2000
THE 12" DILDO IN MY ASS IS ONLY A PLACEHOLDER FOR PULSATING HOT COCKS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

What food is Frankfurt’s speciality? Don’t mention beer, since it’s not Kölsch, and I don’t drink anyway.

I’m stuck here overnight, and want to figure out what’s my plan for dinner and lunch.

Apple wine (different from cider), cooked meat and sausages, Schnitzel

Go here for example https://www.zumgemaltenhaus.de/

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Green Sauce.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

cinci zoo sniper posted:

It's this.

I am so, so sorry, op.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

is that eggs and polenta in pesto sauce or something?

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

abelwingnut posted:

is that eggs and polenta in pesto sauce or something?

https://www.frankfurt-tourismus.de/en/Discover-Experience/Cuisine/Green-sauce

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

What about the world famous Frankfurter sausage?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

spankmeister posted:

What about the world famous Frankfurter sausage?

It’s the cheapest sausage for Latvian gas station hotdogs.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Yeah I wouldn't eat those either, they come in jars where I live.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Tarquinn posted:

It's this.

I am so, so sorry, op.

könnte von meiner Muddi sein, nur die nimmt Rührei

das ist doch Spinat mit Ei oder?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Tarquinn posted:

It's this.

I am so, so sorry, op.

This looks just like Kartoffeln und Spinat. Only difference seems to be hardboiled eggs instead of our Spiegelei. This stuff is tasty!

Now please tell me that green stuff is indeed Spinat, and not something that just looks like it.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Libluini posted:

This looks just like Kartoffeln und Spinat. Only difference seems to be hardboiled eggs instead of our Spiegelei. This stuff is tasty!

Now please tell me that green stuff is indeed Spinat, and not something that just looks like it.

It's green

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

you know there's a link just a few posts up that says whats in the sauce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

It's quark with different herbs, tastes p good honestly