Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

liquidypoo posted:

BP clearing a bar so low he had to rent one of those gigantic super excavators to find it first

oh you KNOW i did, you know it. listen, liq, your 32bit secrets aren't safe with me, i will expose it all. some goons just want to watch the world burn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/SonySantaMonica/status/1578415056215330817

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Cool

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BP trying to post from waffleimages on his motorola razor

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Fandom has fucky image URLs, just delete everything after the .gif

And stop image leeching :cb:

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I’m sure this is old news but wow installing a m.2 1tb SSD makes this console feel so much better. I was juggling keeping mine and my kids games installed and this just works great.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Can you actually get just a month of PS+ premium? When I looked into it earlier this year it told me I had to pay more because my existing PS+ was discounted, so I kind of gave up on it. But it looked like it was an annual thing.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Kazzah posted:

Also turn off the feature that takes a screenshot whenever you get a cheevo.

Haven’t seen this suggestion before. What’s the reasoning for turning that feature off? Saving storage?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Christophe gans, who made the silent hill movies and is currently working on the next silent hill movie and who does not understand an NDA at all, straight up just confirmed that the short message teaser/real sh5 is being worked on by members of team silent and he never saw kojima either. Lol hype levels blasting into another universe rn

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/status/1578352448858910721?t=_W4SWqTS0o1gJbALASxkBw&s=19

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/status/1578352449928458241?t=4CjJhpGwklutpETC4aI8pg&s=19

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

the_american_dream posted:

Haven’t seen this suggestion before. What’s the reasoning for turning that feature off? Saving storage?

Mostly, the pics can be 4k now so it can add up, but it's also clutter if you take screenshots normally and want to find them later on. It's nothing major, so if you like the feature then cool. The trophy video option though, that'll add up really quick, also it records you through the controller mic which may be potentially odd.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Cant be... video games... for sony piss5??

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

I find it a bit annoying since I take screenshots to share for other reasons. I do leave it on for platinums for dumb nerdy bragging purposes.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1578638925567967233?s=21&t=DNO1U6giPTghVhaQ0GiXAQ

cute joke lol. I think they should die tho

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Oh I just find it annoying, as soon as I discovered it existed I switched it off on principle. I don’t want my screenshots diluted by automatic ones.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Too many tweets on this page. I hosed up sorry.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

MechaSeinfeld posted:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Ran through my first duty in ff14 since coming back. It's all starting to come back to me slowly. Forgot how fun this game is

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

Christophe gans, who made the silent hill movies and is currently working on the next silent hill movie and who does not understand an NDA at all, straight up just confirmed that the short message teaser/real sh5 is being worked on by members of team silent and he never saw kojima either. Lol hype levels blasting into another universe rn

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/status/1578352448858910721?t=_W4SWqTS0o1gJbALASxkBw&s=19

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/status/1578352449928458241?t=4CjJhpGwklutpETC4aI8pg&s=19

MechaSeinfeld posted:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Vikar Jerome posted:

Cant be... video games... for sony piss5??

No, it's a PS4 game :rolleye:

Electromax
May 6, 2007
SH and MGS are both deep in the category of "I don't care, until a new game is imminent and getting good reviews." Until then, they are in the Fallen Franchise corner of shame that RE went into between 6 and 7.

SH especially, SH2 killed off fresh ideas and now every game has a twist where the protag did something bad long ago. Seeing a bathroom turn rusty just doesn't do it for me anymore... at least PT was looking different.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

thats the systems name on the network and its hilarious i wish id thought of it

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

Can you actually get just a month of PS+ premium? When I looked into it earlier this year it told me I had to pay more because my existing PS+ was discounted, so I kind of gave up on it. But it looked like it was an annual thing.

It always wants to convert the remainder of your current subscription to ps+ premium.

The only way to have a month is to buy a month of ps+ essential with no current subscription (that's the base tier) and then upgrade that.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Electromax posted:

SH and MGS are both deep in the category of "I don't care, until a new game is imminent and getting good reviews." Until then, they are in the Fallen Franchise corner of shame that RE went into between 6 and 7.

SH especially, SH2 killed off fresh ideas and now every game has a twist where the protag did something bad long ago. Seeing a bathroom turn rusty just doesn't do it for me anymore... at least PT was looking different.

Re6 is good, actually.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Just beat mass effect 1 on piss5 for the first time in like, 10 years and got the plat for it on one run through. Def getting laid soon.

Its pretty cool with the fixes and changes, graphics look great with no more early ue3 texture streaming uglyness and the aiming and gameplay, the new 30 level "rebalanced" levelling is fun but you can still break the game, even on insanity.

Still, somehow even more buggy than the 360 version. Kept getting weird bugs like shep moving in one direction only unable to turn with the camera and the mako just staying in one spot visually but the game thinks its moving butnwhen you exit it the mako vanishes to the other side of the road lol. Also the new autosave only works in main missions, not for uncharted worlds so you still get that one save spot at the start then gently caress up in a building andnhabe to start right back at the begining. Super annoying but game feels way better to play now at least. Being able to use all weapons properly and not just class dependant ones like before rules.

Time for goat2 i guess. :getin:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Vikar Jerome posted:

Just beat mass effect 1 on piss5 for the first time in like, 10 years and got the plat for it on one run through. Def getting laid soon.

Its pretty cool with the fixes and changes, graphics look great with no more early ue3 texture streaming uglyness and the aiming and gameplay, the new 30 level "rebalanced" levelling is fun but you can still break the game, even on insanity.

Still, somehow even more buggy than the 360 version. Kept getting weird bugs like shep moving in one direction only unable to turn with the camera and the mako just staying in one spot visually but the game thinks its moving butnwhen you exit it the mako vanishes to the other side of the road lol. Also the new autosave only works in main missions, not for uncharted worlds so you still get that one save spot at the start then gently caress up in a building andnhabe to start right back at the begining. Super annoying but game feels way better to play now at least. Being able to use all weapons properly and not just class dependant ones like before rules.

Time for goat2 i guess. :getin:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Because PS5 has no games my favorite past time is checking out various PS4 games and see how they run on PS5.

Anyone have any recommendations? Basically games that do not have official Pro or PS5 patches but run significantly better on 5 (For example Dark Souls 3)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

WaltherFeng posted:

Because PS5 has no games my favorite past time is checking out various PS4 games and see how they run on PS5.

Anyone have any recommendations? Basically games that do not have official Pro or PS5 patches but run significantly better on 5 (For example Dark Souls 3)

the last guardian, definitely

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Monster Hunter World

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

WaltherFeng posted:

Planet Side Online 2 actually. But that is obviously not everyone's cup of tea.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Monster Hunter World is so much smoother, to compare my flatmate and I had two screens in the living room where we were standing in the same place in the gathering hub and just spinning the camera, and the one running on PS5 was so clear you could see everything.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the AI in Hot Wheels feels really badly tuned. On easy they're a complete and total cake walk to the point that you'll basically never see them but if you bump it up to medium they instantly become stupidly hard. The front racers almost never make mistakes while the racers further back are so insanely aggressive they will literally drive themselves off of the track trying to get in your way.

Augus fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Oct 8, 2022

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

TheDarkFlame posted:

Monster Hunter World is so much smoother, to compare my flatmate and I had two screens in the living room where we were standing in the same place in the gathering hub and just spinning the camera, and the one running on PS5 was so clear you could see everything.

Plus guiding lands takes like 20 seconds to load

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

The big asterisk next to that one is that you need a disc version and you need to not download the latest update. Which will also cause it not to have some improvements and bug fixes.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

that's not horizon, that's bloodborne

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

WaltherFeng posted:

FireWorksWell posted:

Monster Hunter World

Oxxidation posted:

these two, though TLG needs the unpatched disc version to unlock the frame rate, but it's available for under 20 bux online. note that the console will want to patch the game upon startup each time, so go into network settings and switch to offline while playing.

i'll add Sekiro, which runs flawlessly, and Mirror's Edge Catalyst benefits from shorter load times. Hitman 2 also goes from jittery 45fps on PS4pro to solid 60fps on PS5.

edit; as people have said, MHW is drastically improved on PS5, it's almost an entirely new game due to performance boost, clarity, and the number of loading screens which are now lightning fast, as some of the Iceborne load times had gotten pretty long on PSpoor.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 8, 2022

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I was in the same room as Timothee Chalamet earlier

There was a LOT of screaming

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

WaltherFeng posted:

AC Odyssey and Origins

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

The big asterisk next to that one is that you need a disc version and you need to not download the latest update. Which will also cause it not to have some improvements and bug fixes.

even without the disc, a solid 30 fps is leagues better than the ps4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Escobarbarian posted:

I was in the same room as Timothee Chalamet earlier

There was a LOT of screaming

Why must you torment that poor man