Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I'm still utterly appalled that they wasted Aoi Yuuki's voice on an almost completely non-speaking character. Just, why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

sushibandit posted:

I'm still utterly appalled that they wasted Aoi Yuuki's voice on an almost completely non-speaking character. Just, why?
They're playing the long game. Once the Traveller gets her story-related powerup that makes her into the best unit in the game, she'll be a mainstay on every team and you'll be hearing her combat barks all the time.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
For support on a bloom team do I want ATK over crit rate/dmg or are they both equally useless? Do I want an electro goblet or an EM goblet?

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Sanctum posted:

For support on a bloom team do I want ATK over crit rate/dmg or are they both equally useless? Do I want an electro goblet or an EM goblet?

As far as bloom/hyperbloom reactions, neither crit nor attack matter. You'd still have the direct hits from your electro, but the value of crit vs attack for that on any single artifact depends on the rest of the build. And you'll want an EM goblet. Character level and EM are the only things that affect bloom and hyperbloom.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

FractalSandwich posted:

They're playing the long game. Once the Traveller gets her story-related powerup that makes her into the best unit in the game, she'll be a mainstay on every team and you'll be hearing her combat barks all the time.

Decent way into the game and I’ve only just discovered there are dozens of fully voiced conversations between paimon and the traveller hidden in the travellers character page. Does it even tell you these exist at any point??

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

RareAcumen posted:

What quest am I missing if it's still saying I haven't unlocked swapping them back and forth? I already did the entire story and got the Bathysmal Vishaps unlocked. Am I missing something?

There was an image here, but it's gone now.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Decent way into the game and I’ve only just discovered there are dozens of fully voiced conversations between paimon and the traveller hidden in the travellers character page. Does it even tell you these exist at any point??
There's a marker for newly available voice lines on the character page but it's kinda hard to miss. (Most characters have a bunch of these that are unlocked by friendship levels.)

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

Sure but consider:
Aoi Yuuki and Paimon back and forth banter in every cutscene so far, compared to Paimon's solo dialog.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

But how am I supposed to self insert into that sort of scenario? It's vitally important that we think Ayaka is dancing for us, not just another character with their own thoughts and emotions.

I mean Aether/Lumine are their own character with thoughts and emotions but if they don't have voiced lines maybe we can pretend otherwise.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Oh yeah everyone wants a girl that will dance in a river in socks and sandals.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Socks and sandals are the height of human peacocking.

cref. their strong association with dads.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Your supposed to admire Ayakas proper properness and true Yamato Nadeshiko elegance etc.

Anyway if you want to hear more Aoi Yuki in Mihoyo stuff she has a lot more lines in Honkai as Rita Rossweisse:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgq50i9PVOo

Kale fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 8, 2022

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I wish there was an option to replay character stories. Both as a way of remember them (since the time gap is soooo long) and as a mini trial because the 50/50 screwed you.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
I just assume they got her because the sister is the apparent canon other Sibling so they get her for semi important Rival Cutscenes.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Glazius posted:

There was an image here, but it's gone now.

I don't get why it got deleted

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

RareAcumen posted:

That memories thing had some bugs. It told me I just pulled Kokomi as my most recent new character, but that also Kokomi had been in 1200 domains or something as my most used character, which is not true.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, it might just be coded incorrectly or to trigger off some quest you haven't done yet. Have you actually flipped back and forth at the central spire or a remote station?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Link from the share button on the new web event with Nilou:
The web event for Genshin Impact's new character: Nilou is now available! https://hoyo.link/1fvGBBAd

You get 40 primos and a handful of mora, enhancement ore, and some gems.

The daily login event from a week ago also did a drawing for 10% of the entrants to get the welkin blessing and everyone else got 100k mora so check in on that, too. I got mora, but that's okay, I needed some.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Rexxed posted:

Link from the share button on the new web event with Nilou:
The web event for Genshin Impact's new character: Nilou is now available! https://hoyo.link/1fvGBBAd

You get 40 primos and a handful of mora, enhancement ore, and some gems.

The daily login event from a week ago also did a drawing for 10% of the entrants to get the welkin blessing and everyone else got 100k mora so check in on that, too. I got mora, but that's okay, I needed some.

Oh cool I was just coming to ask if everyone got the welkin or I got lucky.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Is there a world quest I'm missing in order to solve all these tomb puzzles? I finished all archon quests. Do I have to do Cyno's story quest?

Do a buncha puzzles and get to the end of the tomb. "Not enough clearance." Okay I'll get the sacred seals and bring them to the obelisk. Except I can't get the seals because at least one is behind some barrier and I need clearance to pass.

I went back to the village and started all the sidequests but they have nothing to do with the tombs.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the seals just open chests when you restore the obelisks, they dont grant clearance

the final bits of clearance are obtained by doing a world quest, yes - one that unlocks the day after you complete the first part of tomb raiding, "Golden Slumber". You need to go back to the statue of the Seven outside Aaru village on the next day to trigger it

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Oct 9, 2022

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Glazius posted:

Yeah, it might just be coded incorrectly or to trigger off some quest you haven't done yet. Have you actually flipped back and forth at the central spire or a remote station?

Yeah I've been to the tower itself and I can use the ones that're just around the area and I was wondering if there was supposed to be a gadget or something that you could use because I don't get why it was saying I didn't have it unlocked.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

sushibandit posted:

Presumably later in the game she will speak a lot if you picked Aether.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Presumably later in the game she will speak a lot if you picked Aether.

Yeah and this is what pisses me off. Aoi Yuki as a pseudo antagonist with lots of speaking lines would be great, but if you pick Lumine you get jack poo poo.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I don't know what's happening here but it looks cool
https://twitter.com/setsu7_at/status/1579310000794914816

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
Childe gets a AOE hydro damage burst on kill in melee stance if a target has the riptide debuff, and the AOE burst also can apply it. with weak enough enemies and camera manip you can kill one, trigger the explode and repeat.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Unlocked the resonance stone this morning

Have all the dendroculi now

next week: the compass :toot:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I was excited too until I remembered they're one scan per use and the mats for them are pretty grindy to get.

I'm missing one in the desert somewhere even though every guide claims I have them all. :mad:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Latest beta changes are out:

-Nahida overall got buffed. General improved numbers on Skill/Burst, has no ICD now
-Layla got her already low damage nerfed, but shield cooldown is lowered and burst only cost 40 now

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nahida and layla got some buffs in the last round of updates in the beta.

Nahida's E auto application got a cooldown increase between attacks, but now always trigger strong dendro application. So even when accelerated by electro Q it'll always trigger the reaction. Her Q also got a 5 second buff to its duration. A buff to both aggravate and bloom Nahida.

Laylas got her cooldowns and energy use on her burst decreased at the cost of a bit of damage. Her E also got a decrease in damage and cooldown. This means more uptime or her shield, would still be better as a support than Diona if you dont need heals.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
do the touring light show and mushroom commissions ever stop? is there something I need to do to get more desert commissions?

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Oh thank goodness nahida got buffed, she was really struggling back when she was merely extremely good in every team configuration involving a dendro unit. Hopefully next update they'll make her a healer too so that she actually just does everything (don't mention proto amber).

Layla's wierd now. I wonder, who wants a 12s rotation cryo applicator/shielder? It'd be someone like Ayato who has a gap in his rotation for supports to spam skills, or maaybe someone like Tighnari/Ningguang who concentrate most of their damage into a small window. Most everyone else would like higher damage @ 15

Edit: actually someone like phys keqing would appreciate a shield support like this, but phys keqing is pretty trash compared to aggravate keqing. Maybe it's a plant for some future unit.

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 10, 2022

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Layla would be better for someone that constantly needs cryo that's more portable, like Eula to help keep her crit resonance up (since the cryo application is usually gone thanks to constant electro from raiden/kuki). Her Shield is also iirc better than Diona, so a healer isn't necessary like how Zhongli teams don't have healers.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

She also works great for Diluc.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

padijun posted:

do the touring light show and mushroom commissions ever stop? is there something I need to do to get more desert commissions?

Why would you want them to stop, they are close to teleports and easy to do.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Who is commissioning "jump on mushrooms for a while" jobs with the guild, anyway

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Traveller posted:

Who is commissioning "jump on mushrooms for a while" jobs with the guild, anyway
Sickos and heroes.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Limits need to be tested

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Is Layla the second best shielder now? Might be interesting trying to run non-Zhongli Geo resonance with her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
How does Layla stack up as a Cryo battery for Ayaka?