Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoner Sloth

good morning goons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller

Howdy there

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Chewbecca posted:

おはよう ございます :wave: :vegemite:

こんばんは

元気ですか?

Robot Made of Meat

Escape From Noise posted:

I think anything you could stick a spoon in vertically would be hard to drink. Unless we're talking about a fudgesicle. Are we talking about a fudgesicle?

!!!!

LaVerne and Shirley flashbacks.

Fudgecicle vs Fudgicle.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Barking Gecko posted:

こんばんは

元気ですか?

仕事中です、ごめんなさい!!

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Heather Papps

hello friend

work sux

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

i know

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Robot Made of Meat

I am one of the lucky few. I actually like my job, and I like my employer.

I hope more people can find such happiness.

Heather Papps

hello friend

good to know i have a shibboleth for determining if someone is about my age

Bad Video Games

Robot Made of Meat posted:

I am one of the lucky few. I actually like my job, and I like my employer.

I hope more people can find such happiness.

Same really. I have 2 bosses, and 1 of them I'm not too keen on but I absolutely love my job and half my co-workers.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 10, 2022

Heather Papps

hello friend

i have hated a couple jobs but beekeeping and my newish job are both ones i like. night shift is a little weird but i get to help people, for money, and that's pretty crazy. i suppose my shipping and receiving or warehouse jobs technically helped people but no one actually needs a catalytic converter, but when an old dude slips in his own urine getting him up is a net positive.

beekeeping i really loved. i'm excited for next spring to take another crack at it.

Robot Made of Meat

Walla posted:

Same really. I have 2 bosses, and 1 of them I'm not too keen on but I absolutely love my job and half my co-workers.

Haha. My manager and I very often disagree, but we definitely do not dislike each other. We have discussions which often result in mutual agreement as to how to go forward.

That doesn't mean I like him, but it's nice to know that I'm not dismissed due to differing opinions and pay grades.

ETA:

And in the end, I do what I want, and there's no retribution. I do what I think is best for our customers, and I believe that is what's best for the company.

Robot Made of Meat fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 10, 2022

idiotsavant

Rarity posted:

TIL that ADHD has two very distinct flavours, attentive and hyperactive-impulsive, and you can predominantly have symptoms for one without presenting many symptoms for the other and it still counts.

So er, I think I might have ADHD y'all :thunkher:

welcome to the club

its kinda cool cause your brain is basically understimulated by a bunch of normal boring stuff but when you get into dynamic, fast-moving situations you get all the stimulation your brain normally lacks & you can generally function really well & have fun instead of stressing out & falling apart, but everyones add/adhd manifests differently & you gotta learn what works for you for managing it

idiotsavant
im kinda mad todday that spotify would rather play stupid joe rogan man-bbabby garbage instead of neil young cause i wanted to fuckin blast powederfinger in the car after wrapping up work at the winery but i couldnt!!!!

gently caress yuou spotify!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdPs5YXQTSw

Bad Video Games

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Haha. My manager and I very often disagree, but we definitely do not dislike each other. We have discussions which often result in mutual agreement as to how to go forward.

That doesn't mean I like him, but it's nice to know that I'm not dismissed due to differing opinions and pay grades.

ETA:

And in the end, I do what I want, and there's no retribution. I do what I think is best for our customers, and I believe that is what's best for the company.

I'm a delivery driver. I love it because my customers are always happy to see me and I get to spend 6 hours a day on the road with just myself and whatever I want to listen to, and I only have to deal with the bulk of my coworkers for less than an hour a day. Also it's route delivery, so I go to the same shops and deal with the same people every day, and most of them I like.

I wouldn't say I actively dislike 1 boss, but he can be an rear end at times. Thankfully the only time I really need to engage with either of my bosses is when I need a day off. I haven't had a customer complaint in almost 2 years and my cash is always accounted for so we don't need to talk about anything else.

Tebulot

im hip now bois

Just finished loading up the hilux, and the movers are on their way to take the rest of the kit to the new apartment in Canberra, super keen for this new cybersecurity gig and a new city.

The stressful part is all over, things are looking pretty good right about now yaknow

Regards,

Escape From Noise

Chewbecca posted:

仕事中です、ごめんなさい!!

仕事は嫌や〜!

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I have not had that many jobs I hated. I really really like teaching, even if some of the non-teaching realities around it are a drag or anxiety-inducing and obviously the $$$ could be better.

But when I was a little kid my biggest fantasy was to be able to just enter a room and be like, "ok, now I DECIDE what the conversation is about" and now I get to do that every day!

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Heather Papps

hello friend

what if someone wants to talk about pokemon

xcheopis

Tebulot posted:

Just finished loading up the hilux, and the movers are on their way to take the rest of the kit to the new apartment in Canberra, super keen for this new cybersecurity gig and a new city.

The stressful part is all over, things are looking pretty good right about now yaknow

Regards,

Another BYOB success story! :c2b:

biosterous

Heather Papps posted:

ibeekeeping i really loved. i'm excited for next spring to take another crack at it.

side note one time told a story and part of it was about remembering "angel cleaning the [tank?]", and it took me several reads to realize that it was about angel, cleaning the tank, not "angel-cleaning" the tank

like angel cleaning was the beekeeping equivalent of the angel's share from making scotch or something?

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

xcheopis

biosterous posted:

side note one time told a story and part of it was about remembering "angel cleaning the [tank?]", and it took me several reads to realize that it was about angel, cleaning the tank, not "angel-cleaning" the tank

like angel cleaning was the beekeeping equivalent of the angel's share from making scotch or something?

I have questions.

Heather Papps

hello friend

angel is a dude i worked with from nicarauga who climbed into, and then cleaned, a huge honey tank. there isn't an angels share but if a beekeeper dies telling the bees about it is a thing. when the queen died the royal beekeeper had to tell em. not sure if the bees made jokes.

Escape From Noise

But do the bees make honey in the skull of the lion?

Heather Papps

hello friend

they would if you gave em a chance. there are a few artists who use bees as their medium

this is aganetha dyck and some of her works.

bees do this really neat thing where if there is a gap less than a quarter inch they fill it up with propolis and if there is more space they fill it with comb. if a swarm of bees found a torn up lion it is not unreasonable that they'd attempt to build a hive there. i always thought the bees were in the chest cavity myself.

Heather Papps fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Oct 10, 2022

Papa Was A Video Toaster

bee is stored in the balls

Stoner Sloth

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

Shifty Nipples

surprises let me know she cares

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

more falafel please

forums poster

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Ass-penny

I can't say I like my job all that much, it is pretty chill tho, and I like my boss for the first time since 2009 so I've been holding this gig down for about 3 years, the longest I've worked anywhere lol.

bees are cool and good and make honey in the lion's skull.

also there's a class called deep apiarist in this horror game I got and when I get a chance to play finally I'm going to be sad if no one plays one.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Shifty Nipples posted:

surprises let me know she cares

Say it ain't so

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I like fixing problems. I am obsessed with finding out why things happen. Literally, I have intrusive thoughts constantly about why things happen and compulsions to fix everything. So I make jobs of that. Sometimes they're very stupid jobs. But it is soothing to my brain to fix, and so I enjoy that portion of my job. As a benefit I can pay for my basic needs.

I don't enjoy my current environment for a lot of reasons, mostly I am very homesick and actively taking steps to relocate.

But I can't say I hate work, or my job. I hate that I have to tie my livelihood to being socially normal in a hostile environment while doing a thing I enjoy, under financial duress.

Just let me do the thing without those attachments.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

i will not go

more falafel please

forums poster

i watched a lot of baseball this weekend and folks, baseball is really good sometimes. the more baseball there is the better frankly

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Escape From Noise

Lights out!

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

they would if you gave em a chance. there are a few artists who use bees as their medium

this is aganetha dyck and some of her works.

bees do this really neat thing where if there is a gap less than a quarter inch they fill it up with propolis and if there is more space they fill it with comb. if a swarm of bees found a torn up lion it is not unreasonable that they'd attempt to build a hive there. i always thought the bees were in the chest cavity myself.

Neat! It is also a song. Maybe you'd like it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEiRKpflgQA

Finger Prince

more falafel please posted:

i watched a lot of baseball this weekend and folks, baseball is really good sometimes. the more baseball there is the better frankly

I can't say I can watch a whole game with rapt attention, but it is good, and of all the sports it definitely has the best highlight reels.

Tebulot

im hip now bois

lmbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Hot bee balls