Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Mega64 posted:

Stats can't track clutch.

Where's my PFF graph of Clutch vs Intangibles??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This is unnatural. This is wrong.

It's happened before, it'll happen again :getin:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i am insanely angry that the new york giants are bearsing their way to the playoffs. that's our bit!!!!!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

epic bacon posted:

interestingly the Giants do not have another primetime game this year

however at this rate it is quite possible that week 18's game against the Eagles could be flexed

The league rightfully bases it off of SOS but every few years when you get a big changeover in the guard of talent a bunch of teams will sneak up from a lovely previous year.

R.D. Mangles posted:

i am insanely angry that the new york giants are bearsing their way to the playoffs. that's our bit!!!!!

This is in no way like the Bears. The Giants are actually good.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Doltos posted:

This is in no way like the Bears. The Giants are actually good.

winning games without a quarterback is Bearsing

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

There’s nothing more dangerous in football than a Wildcard New York Giants. So keep it up Eagles!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

The Dave posted:

There’s nothing more dangerous in football than a Wildcard New York Giants. So keep it up Eagles!

Giants actually won the NFC East in 2011.

At 9-7

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Spiritual wild card

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Giants actually won the NFC East in 2011.

At 9-7

And in 2007, the NFC East sent 3 teams to the playoffs.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

R.D. Mangles posted:

winning games without a quarterback is Bearsing

You're right but Jones is weirdly competent this year. Daboll has a hot route on every play in this levels concept and its clicking for him somehow. Once a defense starts confusing him we'll probably see old Jones again but I'm enjoying it right now.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

e. wrong thread

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Matthew Staffor needs to stop worrying about Pizza Pizza and should start Playing Playing

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
wrong thread

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Amateurs!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Browns Browns’ed another win away. They could easily be 5-0. Woof.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If we're going to give teams to Canada I vote for Vancouver so the Seahawks have someone to play nearby.

Or, you know, Portland. Although all three cities are doomed when the Cascadia earthquake hits.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 20 minutes!
Illegal Hen
I'd rather not have Portland have a team. There was rumors ages ago of the Raiders moving up here.

Thank God that didn't happen.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shinji2015 posted:

Legit talk, I don't understand why the NFL is ignoring places closer to home in favor of Europe

The 2 Ms: Money and Melanin

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This is another tackle, like the Tua one from the other week, where the player gets spun around and whipped into the ground. Result: concussion.

https://twitter.com/lowlightheaven/status/1579184965258207233

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ahhh ok.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1579282739773444096

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Deion Jones signed a four year extension with the Atlanta Falcons on July 20, 2019. The extension is worth $57 million in new money with $18.8 million fully guaranteed at signing and a total guarantee of $34 million.

So due to needing cap space, they restructured this, so his base salary is under a million remaining this year.

But hey, if he's good, they can keep him next year for only $12m :v:

The Falcons are taking on $11m in dead money with this move

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
At one point Deion Jones looked like he'd be one of the best linebackers in football for a decade. Wild how fast he fell off.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Benne posted:

At one point Deion Jones looked like he'd be one of the best linebackers in football for a decade. Wild how fast he fell off.

He's only 27?? Goddamn

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I feel like those sorts of extreme drop offs and meteoric rises have been happening more in recent years. Who was that Linebacker that left the Rams for the Raiders and lost all his talent in the move?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Jesus Christ that was a bad contract.

https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1579287616268414976

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I feel like those sorts of extreme drop offs and meteoric rises have been happening more in recent years. Who was that Linebacker that left the Rams for the Raiders and lost all his talent in the move?

Cory Littleton

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Lamarcus Joyner. He was a safety who the Raiders paid a lot of money and tried to convert him to linebacker and he was bad at it.

He’s now a wildly swingy safety for the Jets.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

capisntreal.tweet

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1579288413643362304?t=ppJtvqkW021LujVOe7DwVw&s=19

So Browns gave up nothing, and owe him not much for not a long time. Sure why not.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

When does the dead money hit go away?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Unrelated - I think it’s rad how much the lions offense demonstrates the value of a great offensive line.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Diva Cupcake posted:

Lamarcus Joyner. He was a safety who the Raiders paid a lot of money and tried to convert him to linebacker and he was bad at it.

He’s now a wildly swingy safety for the Jets.

Nah. Ugly Tony had it. I was thinking of Littleton.

I really thought that guy was going to be the next Bobby Wagner.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I don't often have views on the NFL, but I think the Falcons deserve a break from being cursed. Like for real.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

My mind is blanking - what did the 2013 Raiders do that was a higher percentage of their cap?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

My mind is blanking - what did the 2013 Raiders do that was a higher percentage of their cap?

Cleanup from the disaster that was Al Davis's last few years. The end of the Carson Palmer nonsense, Rolando McClain's arrests and cutting Michael Huff and DHB.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

MoaM posted:

I don't often have views on the NFL, but I think the Falcons deserve a break from being cursed. Like for real.

Atlanta is Sisyphus. That is their role in professional football.

I don't think I'd understand it if I weren't constantly punished for caring about the Falcons. My father apologized to me as a small child for raising me to watch the Falcons. I have no children, which is a net positive for society, plus a net positive for the non-existent child to not have to be tortured in this manner.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

Cleanup from the disaster that was Al Davis's last few years. The end of the Carson Palmer nonsense, Rolando McClain's arrests and cutting Michael Huff and DHB.
Ahh yeah I forgot about DHB and all that, thank you.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

SKULL.GIF posted:

This is another tackle, like the Tua one from the other week, where the player gets spun around and whipped into the ground. Result: concussion.

https://twitter.com/lowlightheaven/status/1579184965258207233

It's why Brady was so pissed and whined to the refs to get the flag on that sack today. The whip down tackles are dangerous as gently caress. Concussions from wrenching motions are way more common than head on collisions.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

MoaM posted:

<taps the Navorro Bowman pick six video again>

Doing stupid poo poo isn't "cursed'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

MoaM posted:

Yet they're still the second best team in the NFC South