Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Reminder that Cleese lives full time in the Caribbean now.

Rumda posted:

The initial bullying by Alice was down to past transgressions being over leveraged against trans women.

I don't care about microcelebrities bullying each other on twitter.

e: terrible goddamn snipe, will edit in some adorable fluffball later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/GeorgeWParker/status/1579400786215596033

e: I have no idea who these celebrity left wing podcasters are who everyone is talking about, or why they are important. I'd hazard a guess that the majority of people in this thread have no idea who these people are either.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Oct 10, 2022

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Mega Comrade posted:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63197829

What drives people to be like this? There are lots of people with poo poo opinions, but why do some feel compelled to voice them and sabotage their own legacy?

Surely he doesn't need the money.

he’s english and a certain age

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Halisnacks posted:

While more people will be an ecological disaster, fewer people will indeed be an economic disaster given that our societies are basically structured as cross-generational Ponzi schemes. And the people who have no interest in fixing the structure are right to worry about this, as lots of demography is insanely easy to predict (e.g. we know how many 5-year-olds and 35-year-olds there are today, so we can predict with great accuracy how many 35- and 65-year-olds there will be in 30 years’ time, and can determine whether it will sustain or threaten the Ponzi scheme).

Well, indeed, capitalist society is riddled with fundamental and irresolvable contradictions and flaws which guarantee terrible social, political, economic, environmental and humanitarian outcomes!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Mega Comrade posted:

What drives people to be like this? There are lots of people with poo poo opinions, but why do some feel compelled to voice them and sabotage their own legacy?

I assume he's got another divorce to pay for.

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/GeorgeWParker/status/1579400786215596033

e: I have no idea who these celebrity left wing podcasters are who everyone is talking about, or why they are important. I'd hazard a guess that the majority of people in this thread have no idea who these people are either.

I'm pretty sure some people don't care about every time you smoke weed in public either, every post doesn't have to be for you, it's fine. You can just not read it.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Oct 10, 2022

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
That thing where you make your opponents much cooler than they actually are.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Presumably a story about the dangers of fire

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

keep punching joe posted:

a vote for bart is a vote for ANARCHY meme

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

keep punching joe posted:

SNP should make a response in the style of those old union ads where it's just a bunch of different people of all different job positions, ages, ethnicities, etc. saying the same line with slightly varying emphasis.

I detest the Tories.
I detest the Tories.
I detest the Tories.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

THE PLAN IS FINALLY WRITTEN! [May not be actually written]
https://twitter.com/hmtreasury/status/1579397462271627265

lmao... and once the ink is dry they'll tell everyone what it is

forkboy84 posted:

I'm pretty sure some people don't care about every time you smoke weed in public either

I don't smoke weed, just for the record. :420:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Doing it on Halloween is racist towards Scots.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Guavanaut posted:

SNP should make a response in the style of those old union ads where it's just a bunch of different people of all different job positions, ages, ethnicities, etc. saying the same line with slightly varying emphasis.

I detest the Tories.
I detest the Tories.
I detest the Tories.

https://twitter.com/istreasatuatha/status/1579417103249338368?t=ii1c145W3xfgltWix-Qaug&s=19

fuctifino posted:

I don't smoke weed, just for the record. :420:

Point remains regardless if you smoke, vape, eat, take it as an enema, inject it directly into your carotid, snort it or any other method of ingesting cannabis related products.

Actually now I'm wondering how many people have tried a cannabis solution enema.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Point remains regardless if you smoke, vape, eat, take it as an enema, inject it directly into your carotid, snort it or any other method of ingesting cannabis related products.

Actually now I'm wondering how many people have tried a cannabis solution enema.

Thinking you might benefit from one tbh

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1579374846496366593
There's already a huge backlog of crown court cases, so I guess it was inevitable that the govt would eventually cave in. You need courts and judges if you want to be an authoritarian society.

forkboy84 posted:

Most people have heard of cannabis though, so my point also still kind of remains. Re: rectal enemas, yup, they work well. 30% boost in efficacy by going up the rectal passage (as either enema or suppository), and directly bypasses the liver, delivering the cannabinoids deep into the body. It's a very different high/effect. Both methods work well, and yes, I speak from personal experience.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

fuctifino posted:

I found a great money saving tip for those in London

https://twitter.com/BeckettUnite/status/1579190490117074944

Think I'd rather ASDA's finest than cashew nut feta.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

forkboy84 posted:

Don't say that, he'll--

fuctifino posted:

[Re: rectal enemas, yup, they work well. 30% boost in efficacy by going up the rectal passage (as either enema or suppository), and directly bypasses the liver, delivering the cannabinoids deep into the body. It's a very different high/effect. Both methods work well, and yes, I speak from personal experience.

NOOOOOOO

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

fuctifino posted:

Most people have heard of cannabis though, so my point also still kind of remains. Re: rectal enemas, yup, they work well. 30% boost in efficacy by going up the rectal passage (as either enema or suppository), and directly bypasses the liver, delivering the cannabinoids deep into the body. It's a very different high/effect. Both methods work well, and yes, I speak from personal experience.

Probably shouldn't do that one in the shopping centre though.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
You can buy :420: tampons in the US

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Honestly I wouldn't gently caress with routes that bypass first-pass metabolism. With weed it's probably fine, but all those lil cytochromeP450 enzymes in your liver are highly conserved for a good reason and they're doing great work detoxifying all the poo poo we put in our bodies daily. Plenty of people have gotten hosed up by butt-chugging vodka IIRC

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

vape so hard through your bum that smoke comes out of your mouth

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Mega Comrade posted:

Sadly oh-so predictable. Cleese really is one of the stand-out cases of "I was an angry boundary-pusher when I was in my 20s, and now I'm in my 80s [!] I can't accept that my views have been left behind."

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Song of the Old Communist but about a terminal edgelord instead.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

BalloonFish posted:

Sadly oh-so predictable. Cleese really is one of the stand-out cases of "I was an angry boundary-pusher when I was in my 20s, and now I'm in my 80s [!] I can't accept that my views have been left behind."

20'/30's - I'm pushing socity to a better place.
40/50's - I have helped make the world a better place.
60s+ - TO FAR! YOU HAVE CROSSED MY PERSONAL BOUNDRIES!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Grey Hunter posted:

If this is the timescale then the world's gonna have to get way better way fast

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Rarity posted:

Only if you are rich and/or infuentual. The rest of use are stuffed.

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

Grey Hunter posted:

60s+ - TO FAR! YOU HAVE CROSSED MY PERSONAL BOUNDRIES!

Must have been very confusing for those people born in Germany in 1880 or so.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

That went well then…

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/1579433915852300288

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Rarity posted:

you're making the world a better place, Rarity.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Cool Russia's neighbours rustling feathers in the spirit of direness

They realised they can tax it

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Diet Crack posted:

They realised they can tax it
They already do...

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1579433439807569920

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Angepain posted:

very much enjoying the tory outrage that people may on occasion be mean to them

https://twitter.com/RuthDavidsonPC/status/1579083113774612483

I can't believe a political party is trying to win as many seats as possible.

Glad I went into town today. There was a lad standing outside a shop and a woman gave him £1. He just looked at her and said "why are you giving me this? I'm not homeless." she said "oh sorry." a bit sheepishly and took the quid back. The guy was a scruffy looking bugger mind, if he said he was homeless I'd believe him.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Conservatives/status/1579419079827673088?t=lTmMhSQKNsYx2sSZaqCQ1w&s=19

Ugh... Work will set us free

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

bessantj posted:

Glad I went into town today. There was a lad standing outside a shop and a woman gave him £1. He just looked at her and said "why are you giving me this? I'm not homeless." she said "oh sorry." a bit sheepishly and took the quid back. The guy was a scruffy looking bugger mind, if he said he was homeless I'd believe him.

Lol

Reminds me of when a guy stood up on the bus for an obviously pregnant woman, only for the woman to make it clear she was not pregnant

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

£122 million seems like a lot of money to tell 100,000 people they should just cheer up and get a job which is presumably all the support the Tories think they need

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Oh that’s only like a grand a person that’s actually gently caress all lol

Very cost effective

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

I went to a talk on Friday from a clinical psychologist about the use of MDMA and Ketamine to treat psychological issues. He pointed out that the government published a white paper last year with proposals to introduce a three strikes and your out law on cannabis use (written by Priti Patel!).

Upgrading it to Class A seems counter to that but it's not like they don't invent policy positions on a whim anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Microplastics posted:

Lol

Reminds me of when a guy stood up on the bus for an obviously pregnant woman, only for the woman to make it clear she was not pregnant

It is true what they say about the road to hell.