Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Milo and POTUS posted:

Those "black friends" are generally coworkers
you mean the… diversity hire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

The point of that is that Heroin is much more dangerous to use than marijuana, which has an LD50 that's not even established, and ostensibly the point of a drug scheduling system is to limit access to more dangerous drugs.

Morphine is schedule II and you can easily kill yourself with it, while weed is schedule I for purely political reasons

Getfiscal knows that too

every kid that's ever did a paper on weed legalization has made that point

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Sure is, but we've got over a century of knowledge on exactly how lethal heroin is and how to mitigate overdose, which is not something that we have for fentanyl and definitely not something we have for the new non-fentanyl opioids like nitazenes that have the potential to be cooked up in small labs from precursors that can't be easily controlled, and the current model of prohibition just seems to lead to that kind of substitution.

Making heroin Schedule I instead of II like morphine was also for purely political reasons, because it can't be seriously claimed that it has no legitimate medical uses.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Guavanaut posted:

Sure is, but we've got over a century of knowledge on exactly how lethal heroin is and how to mitigate overdose, which is not something that we have for fentanyl and definitely not something we have for the new non-fentanyl opioids like nitazenes that have the potential to be cooked up in small labs from precursors that can't be easily controlled, and the current model of prohibition just seems to lead to that kind of substitution.

Making heroin Schedule I instead of II like morphine was also for purely political reasons, because it can't be seriously claimed that it has no legitimate medical uses.

That's great, but marijuana is probably a schedule III at most and should not be on the same schedule as heroin, for purely pharmacological reasons.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Cannabis probably shouldn't be scheduled, and heroin nasal spray is safer than morphine for treating acute pain in children, both can be true, so maybe the entire scheduling system is just a bunch of stacked moral panics and political favors.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Jaxyon posted:

The point of that is that Heroin is much more dangerous to use than marijuana, which has an LD50 that's not even established, and ostensibly the point of a drug scheduling system is to limit access to more dangerous drugs.

Morphine is schedule II and you can easily kill yourself with it, while weed is schedule I for purely political reasons

Getfiscal knows that too

I also know it and thought it was funny.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Jaxyon posted:

Getfiscal knows that too

drat you should let getfiscal know im sure he just momentarily forgot or something and would really appreciate the reminder

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

sugar free jazz posted:

drat you should let getfiscal know im sure he just momentarily forgot or something and would really appreciate the reminder

shut up i'm arguing with a meme

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Quid pro Joe is pretty good. I don't know what it's supposed to refer to, though.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Nebrilos posted:

Quid pro Joe is pretty good. I don't know what it's supposed to refer to, though.

Washington Examiner posted:

The Trump campaign flipped the script on allegations of a "quid pro quo" between President Trump and Ukraine, instead labeling former Vice President Joe Biden as "Quid Pro Joe" and alleging the whistleblower is politically motivated.

"The Democrats are trying to DESTROY the Republican Party and all that it stands for," the Sunday email to supporters read. "In 2016, millions of hard-working Americans, like you, were called 'deplorable.' Now, the Left is calling you “DESPICABLE.” What’s really despicable is the gross double standard the corrupt Democrats are giving QUID PRO JOE."

Prior to the release of the transcript, Trump was accused of arranging a quid pro quo between himself and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. The president allegedly promised to provide them with the $391 million in military aid that had already been approved by Congress but was being held up in exchange for the Ukrainian president's promise to investigate Biden and his son, Hunter Biden. The transcript revealed no explicit quid pro quo agreement upon its release.

The topic of Hunter Biden's work with Burisma, a gas company based in Ukraine, had previously been investigated and no evidence of wrongdoing on his part was discovered. While vice president, however, Biden threatened to withhold U.S. aid to Ukraine if that country did not fire a prosecutor who was investigating Burisma.

"The 'whistleblower' had NO direct knowledge of the call AND he is in favor of one of the corrupt 2020 Democrats. Total political bias!" the fundraising pitch later stated. The CIA officer who filed the whistleblower complaint in August based the entirety of it recounting second- and third-hand accounts of situations and conversations, there has been no indication that the whistleblower was politically motivated. Trump and the Republican National Committee have raked in millions in fundraising since House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced an impeachment inquiry against the president last week.

:sad: ranting, as usual

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

No Diamond? Fail

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1578085992145338370

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

As dreadful a person as Walker is in almost every respect, I feel worse for him than I do for a lot of GOP ghouls. There is clearly something deeply, deeply wrong with this person, less in the traditional crazy right-wing way (like MTG) and more like my grandmother who died from dementia.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

PT6A posted:

As dreadful a person as Walker is in almost every respect, I feel worse for him than I do for a lot of GOP ghouls. There is clearly something deeply, deeply wrong with this person, less in the traditional crazy right-wing way (like MTG) and more like my grandmother who died from dementia.

It's CTE.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/TudorDixon/status/1578401712402059268

Oh no the Blacks Who Rule are back and getting antifa revenge :ohdear:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Gotta ask, in this totally real and not at all staged event, what did this sweet old retired couple do to get in the nefarious crosshairs of ANTIFA? Perhaps this is just the opening salvo on all MAGA Red vehicles.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ha, no rational mind can understand the agents of chaos that wreak antifa havoc and also exist

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Creamy Joe[citation needed]

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Spray painting my own car and driveway to own the libs.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
https://twitter.com/SawyerHackett/status/1578458575596187648?t=6z9wFb3b0BqoxGQj4RASUg&s=19

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/BabelHodl/status/1578583611451748352

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
An entire video of the bullshit I hear from the good ol' boys at work. It's just too bad that the one thing they'd hate the most out of everything in that video is people speaking "Fuckin Russian".

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Are we getting it from them or are they getting it from us

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

Are we getting it from them or are they getting it from us

looks like a sketch comedy show from the mid-2010s. there are probably snl sketches from the early 90s with a similar vibe, just less overtly nasty. idiotic small-mindedness can be convergent evolution (or lack thereof) instead of spread from place to place, though

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/EyePatchGuy/status/1579485236202995713

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If you don't like the law, you have 49 other states to choose from. But if you help someone choose another one you should be punished.

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

The replies to this... :negative:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

but when the slave owners started an illegal insurrection against their rightful sovereign, that was totally fine and good

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

but when the slave owners started an illegal insurrection against their rightful sovereign, that was totally fine and good

Show me where in the constitution is says a state can't seceded because the other states are big meanies. Not even a Supreme Court ruling, buddy.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

It’s not the constitution but the other holy scripture of the founders does literally begin with “When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another…”

It’s fun pretending to ignore slavery entirely and read someone like Calhoun be entirely correct about how terrible northern capital was.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/JeremyAppel1025/status/1579321622376636418

You fool you cannot escape cancel culture

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Alignment: lawful stupid

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
sad seeing ostensibly left-wing people on twitter fall for and amplify obvious trolls

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

Why are they jumping out of the plane with life preservers instead of parachutes?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Geshtal posted:

Why are they jumping out of the plane with life preservers instead of parachutes?

yeah why didn't they grab the parachutes under their seats instead, a thing which commercial passenger jets have

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

i say swears online posted:

yeah why didn't they grab the parachutes under their seats instead, a thing which commercial passenger jets have

Fair, but those flotation devices aren't going to be of much use on the way down either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Geshtal posted:

Those are Soviet parachutes.