Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/ScotTories/status/1579397758007377920

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Don't watch the Peasant scene from Monty Phyton with director's commentary.

Nearly had people try to go and call my workplace because I said he was a weird fucker.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

the sex ghost posted:

Good on John cheese for managing to get a fat payday to cover the cost of his 19th divorce by pitching a show about how he should be allowed to say what he wants on the channel where every show is about why the presenter should be allowed to say what they want

Then one of the presenters will say do something like taking a knee against racism and get cancelled

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I'll give him credit for one thing: Fawlty towers is an excellent discriminator for people with bad taste in comedy and severely outdated views.

Truly the longer he lives the more he cements himself as the unfunny one in the group.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
It was funny when he smashed up the car with the tree branch.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Here's a special sneak peek at John Cleese's hilarious new show that says the things we're definitely all thinking 🤣😅:
https://twitter.com/babelhodl/status/1578583611451748352?s=61&t=-h7RCGWBht_Sm7NkTEmu9A

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

That sketch getting around sticks to me because... it's clearly a copied out sketch from some nightly comedy show that would use the same sort of humor you'd get in the nineties or so, so the comments are either "Ah! Why are you passing this as extreme right, I agree with all of it" or "Wow the russians sure are bad at propaganda".

... Yeah? It's clearly some russian boomer that saw that, clipped it and passed around laughing with his pals and thru the grapevine it turned into "super serious propaganda video that warns the viewer to stay away from the US, as you might have to actually respect a black guy there!!". If I posted a reoccuring sketch from a portuguese show that's about a lady going over and over again thru a metal detector with one of the security guards doing beep noises with his mouth and later on inviting her to a nearby office to nail her with "Behold! The Iberian standards for safety practices for travel!", then it would be equally as dumb.

Kunster has issued a correction as of 12:11 on Oct 10, 2022

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Behold how the internet has democratised knowledge and information. Thank u Mark, Peter and Elon 🙏

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The general population is a lot too credulous about anything they see on the internet. I definitely went through this back when I first got online, hopefully it's a phase that will taper off

Any day now lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Things were not better before the internet.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

The general population is a lot too credulous about anything they see on the internet. I definitely went through this back when I first got online, hopefully it's a phase that will taper off

Any day now lol

same but also and especially the forums

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/british-public-wrong-about-nearly-everything-survey-shows-8697821.html

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Lmao

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Maybe he'll be talking about those notices the government puts out where you aren't allowed to talk about something. That seems like by far the clearest assault on free speech in your nation

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Gripweed posted:

Maybe he'll be talking about those notices the government puts out where you aren't allowed to talk about something. That seems like by far the clearest assault on free speech in your nation

no something tells me he wont be talking about those sorts of things

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

gently caress you

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Why doesn't it strike these rich 'free speech' fuckers as dissonant that they complain 'no one has free speech anymore' and then literally buy access to a loving platform to say what they want. The obvious implication is that you have (more, if quantifiable) free speech if you're rich.

Or is the idea that they know this but they're playing up to kayfabe to the people they're grifting on this subject while literally purchasing free speech?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

free speech is code for exclusivity for white supremacy and capitalist expression .

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gripweed posted:

D-notices? Nah

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

calling "more punishingly unfunny than the yes minister reboot"

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

euphronius posted:

Things were not better before the internet.

REMEMBER THE MAINE

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Morter posted:

Why doesn't it strike these rich 'free speech' fuckers as dissonant that they complain 'no one has free speech anymore' and then literally buy access to a loving platform to say what they want. The obvious implication is that you have (more, if quantifiable) free speech if you're rich.

Or is the idea that they know this but they're playing up to kayfabe to the people they're grifting on this subject while literally purchasing free speech?

But the wokes are cancelling them all

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Morter posted:

Because their complaints aren't in good faith, op, as you say

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

This is more upsetting than John Cleese
https://twitter.com/diannaeanderson/status/1578424846647951361

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Here's a special sneak peek at John Cleese's hilarious new show that says the things we're definitely all thinking

the right's greatest trick was recontextualizing the defiance of kneeling during the national anthem by black players (and the solidarity shown by white players who also knelt) as an act of supplication via the ad nauseum use of the term "taking the knee". which they learned a couple months prior from the hit HBO show 'game of thrones'.

yes, i realize droves of white moderates took the right's evaluation on board completely and began debasing themselves to virtue signal they're free of internalized racism but they can also eat poo poo. it seems whatever batshit position conservatives take there'll always be dipshit liberals/shy conservatives champing at the bit to provide them with viral receipts.

the only time i recall anyone non-white actually asking white people to kneel was for nine minutes, to get a sense of how weirdly long it feels to be kneeling on something, like i dunno, a dude's neck for instance.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

I don't normally watch gbbo but we had Mexican week on while family were over and they immediately recited right wing talking points with no irony or hesitation. It was like witnessing a temporary malfunction then they went back to normal. loving terrifying.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I watched the episode . they did sweet rolls, tacos and milk cakes .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it was clear most of the English participants had never seen a taco or were aware of how they work.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

euphronius posted:

I watched the episode . they did sweet rolls, tacos and milk cakes .

They referred to tortillas as tacos. wtf. This is extremely disturbing and possibly worse than colonialism

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Pryor on Fire posted:

They referred to tortillas as tacos. wtf. This is extremely disturbing and possibly worse than colonialism

euphronius posted:

it was clear most of the English participants had never seen a taco or were aware of how they work.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

CancerCakes posted:

I don't normally watch gbbo but we had Mexican week on while family were over and they immediately recited right wing talking points with no irony or hesitation. It was like witnessing a temporary malfunction then they went back to normal. loving terrifying.

can you describe what happened in detail?

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
british people furious that mexican immigrants are taking theyre jobs

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

which is crazy as Ireland is right there

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Casey Finnigan posted:

british people furious that mexican immigrants are taking theyre jobs

There aren't many Mexicans in the UK who immigrated for work (what with the US being right there next to Mexico), but there are some Argentinians (and Brazillians but that's besides the point). Which incurs the double whammy of "Falklands" and "gently caress migrants".

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

i am harry posted:

can you describe what happened in detail?

Doesn't seem offensive to me
I'm sure no actual Mexicans were offended
Can't say anything anymore
Wokesters canceling all the time

Then their eyes rolled back in their heads and they started reciting rivers of blood, I think they need a battery change

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

americans get very heated up about “mexican food” for some reason, it’s like pineapple on a pizza being an issue

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the Tex mex version is very popular in the USA along with traditional Mexican food (which to my untrained eye appears to be Tex mex without additional creams and cheeses )

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Just spicy mince in a wrap innit?

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

Jel Shaker posted:

americans get very heated up about “mexican food” for some reason, it’s like pineapple on a pizza being an issue

you are right, it's not an issue; everyone who puts pineapple on a pizza should be executed on sight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the pizza episode was not as bad as I thought it would be. many of the crusts were spot on. I guess pizza is extremely universal by this point .