Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Tony Phillips posted:

JFC I'm now giggling as I picture the worst chuds on Freep actually walking around working Hans and Franz impressions into their daily lives.

WE'RE HERE TO TRUMP [CLAPS HANDS] YOU UP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merica
Jan 28, 2009

Skex posted:

It's just the GenX version of the "yeah.. no" that the Millennials do.

and the gen Z cap

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Freep has gotta have some interesting conflicts over Biden's weed decision.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

BlackIronHeart posted:

Freep has gotta have some interesting conflicts over Biden's weed decision.

I'd honestly be surprised if any real number of them were angry about it tbh. My money is on a not insignificant number of them having medical marijuana cards, and will just not say anything about the announcement so as not to be seen as a "lib."

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Weed is the rare (possibly sole) issue that freep has posters on both sides of.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Surprisingly little, they all seem to be too busy obsessing over the latest Hunter Biden BOMBSHELL! to be giving Papa B's actions much thought.

Biden pardons thousands for ‘simple possession’ of marijuana

quote:

To: Oldeconomybuyer

He FINALLY did one thing right!

2 posted on 10/06/2022 12:43:13 PM PDT by tanstaafl.72555
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: tanstaafl.72555

Nothing a Democrat does is right. You can take that to the bank.

4 posted on 10/06/2022 12:44:00 PM PDT by fwdude (Racism is not dead, but it is on life support - kept alive by politicians….” — Thomas Sowell)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

Trump should have done this while in office. It would have re-assured his re-election.

6 posted on 10/06/2022 12:46:46 PM PDT by Erik Latranyi (We are being manipulated by forces that most do not see)

quote:

If the GOP takes the House *or* the Senate next month he may very well be forced to give a full,and unconditional,pardon to Hunter...and his brother...in order to prevent them from testifying under oath.

7 posted on 10/06/2022 12:47:38 PM PDT by Gay State Conservative (I Miss Jimmy Carter)

Yes, this is something that totally happened here. :jerkbag:

quote:

Here in Washington State, when we decriminalized marijuana and set up pot stores in every neighborhood, selling very potent versions of the drug, we saw a huge spike in homelessness, vagrancy, and shoplifting.

8 posted on 10/06/2022 12:47:57 PM PDT by Steve_Seattle

He's surprisingly getting a bit of pushback for this.

quote:

To: Steve_Seattle

Do you think the pot made them homeless, or did homeless people come for the pot?
Asking sincerely.

13 posted on 10/06/2022 12:51:23 PM PDT by EEGator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Steve_Seattle

“Here in Washington State, when we decriminalized marijuana and set up pot stores in every neighborhood, selling very potent versions of the drug, we saw a huge spike in homelessness, vagrancy, and shoplifting.”

Alcohol abuse can result in those problems as well, in addition to many acts of violence domestic and otherwise, do you want that to be illegal too?

26 posted on 10/06/2022 1:11:56 PM PDT by jimwatx
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies ]

quote:

It’s a gateway drug. You ask any decrepit heroin or meth addict how they got into drugs they’ll say “well,I started with grass...”

12 posted on 10/06/2022 12:49:56 PM PDT by Gay State Conservative (I Miss Jimmy Carter)

This thing you made up in your mind is definitely going to happen. :jerkbag:

quote:

To: Gay State Conservative

If Trump pardoned Eric for jay walking the corrupt butt boys of the press would be screaming bloody murder.

But when Biden does this for this scummy criminal son the press won’t say a word. Effing thugs of a feather...

15 posted on 10/06/2022 12:52:19 PM PDT by GOPJ (Trump EARNED his money. Same money democrats have to steal from us. It's why they hate him.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

To: fwdude

How much marijuana can you possess before you are assumed to be dealing?

It sounds like Biden pardoned everyone including dealers regardless of how much possession.

16 posted on 10/06/2022 12:53:22 PM PDT by DannyTN
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Your daily reminder that liberals are the real racists.

quote:

“...addressing charging practices that disproportionately impact people of color.”
Uh, you mean the folks that “disproportionately” commit the crimes?
Thought so.

20 posted on 10/06/2022 12:58:25 PM PDT by Da Coyote

Have I mentioned Hunter Biden is bad yet? :freep:

quote:

Why not pardon all drug offenses whatever they are and of course that will include Hunter and while he is at it all offenses for Child Trafficking , got to get Hunter off that charge also.

23 posted on 10/06/2022 1:01:41 PM PDT by Captain Peter Blood

quote:

Ask any cop what the differences are for someone driving stoned on grass or booze? Let me go ahead and tell you. There are no differences and driving under the influence of dope or booze will kill you and others. Booze and grass if you are a daily user will turn your brain into mush. But since Biden has already turned our military into a woke joke I’m certain he’ll do an executive order and tell the US military after they get their sex changes they can stay stoned on dope to calm their nerves.

48 posted on 10/06/2022 2:47:08 PM PDT by NKP_Vet

That drat Whacky Tabacky making everyone stupid! :bahgawd:

quote:

There IS a reason it’s called DOPE! The most dangerous person to work with in ANY dangerous occupation is the stoner. They don’t pay attention to the details much less the safety rules that protect their fellow workers from “stoner stupidity”. It’s real life folks and stoners are real life dangerous. Just fyi. And don’t even BOTHER to “set me straight” on this. Been there, done that, got the tees AND the scars.

66 posted on 10/06/2022 5:03:44 PM PDT by Qwapisking ("IF the Second goes first the First goes second" LStar)

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Jagged Jim posted:

Surprisingly little, they all seem to be too busy obsessing over the latest Hunter Biden BOMBSHELL! to be giving Papa B's actions much thought.

Thank you for your service. :tipshat:

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
That last one is so ambiguous. I'm going to lean towards that freeper has never inhaled before, as opposed to them being a recovering weed fiend trying to warn others of the danger of the devil's lettuce.

This one is pretty lol too

quote:

“He is also calling on governors to issue similar pardons for those convicted of state marijuana offenses, which reflect the vast majority of marijuana possession cases.”

Hmm, probably still won’t help me, mine was for cultivation not possession. I had a total of 3 tiny plants growing in my closet when the cops busted in for a medical emergency and noticed the grow lights emanating from there. Wound up being a costly ordeal with lawyers and fines, but I would still like to get it off my record even at this late date. Ironically I’m now thinking of quitting marijuana because it tends to sap my energy and motivation, this at a time when they are finally legalizing it.

19 posted on 10/6/2022, 12:57:23 PM by jimwatx
Mean old Biden isn't going to wipe out MY drug charges :qq:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

kik2dagroin posted:

This one is pretty lol too

Mean old Biden isn't going to wipe out MY drug charges :qq:

Of course he won't; that one would be a state charge.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

There IS a reason it’s called DOPE! The most dangerous person to work with in ANY dangerous occupation is the stoner. They don’t pay attention to the details much less the safety rules that protect their fellow workers from “stoner stupidity”. It’s real life folks and stoners are real life dangerous. Just fyi. And don’t even BOTHER to “set me straight” on this. Been there, done that, got the tees AND the scars.

66 posted on 10/06/2022 5:03:44 PM PDT by Qwapisking ("IF the Second goes first the First goes second" LStar)

I mean, yeah, sure. I don't have any problem with this. The point is that isn't a good reason to make it illegal. You can say the exact same thing about people who show up to work drunk. Hell, at my first job a dude showed up to work drunk off his rear end and he crashed a MUOP into the shelves and damaged a bunch of merch and the vehicle. He got fired and probably got charged too (since he drove to work). But despite how dangerous this was and how lucky it was nobody was hurt, there isn't the same outcry about the dangers of alcohol or calling for people to be jailed for 20 years for having a beer.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

FMguru posted:

Weed is the rare (possibly sole) issue that freep has posters on both sides of.

It’s basically that and the civil war, between classic regionalism, and also the gop is the party of Lincoln and demoncrats were the slaveholders and founders of the kkk but also that confederacy had some good ideas and maybe Lincoln was actually a tyrant??

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Twelve by Pies posted:

I mean, yeah, sure. I don't have any problem with this. The point is that isn't a good reason to make it illegal. You can say the exact same thing about people who show up to work drunk. Hell, at my first job a dude showed up to work drunk off his rear end and he crashed a MUOP into the shelves and damaged a bunch of merch and the vehicle. He got fired and probably got charged too (since he drove to work). But despite how dangerous this was and how lucky it was nobody was hurt, there isn't the same outcry about the dangers of alcohol or calling for people to be jailed for 20 years for having a beer.

I guarantee you that Freepers do not give a single poo poo about workplace safety unless they can use the rules to get rid of people they don't like

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I looked at freep today and I couldn't not share this post title.

quote:

BiXiden College Loan reduction
10/10/2022, 2:00:07 PM · by Paladin2 · 2 replies
Vanity.com ^ | Today | Some scam artist
Call these bozos and tell them to get a haircut and a real job.

Also weird:

quote:

Ukrainian astronomers claim UFOs ‘everywhere’ over Kyiv
10/10/2022, 2:09:52 PM · by NeverCheney · 35 replies
MY Post ^ | 9/14/2022 | By Snejana Farberov
Ukrainian astronomers say the skies over their war-torn country are crowded not only with Russian missiles, but a large number of UFOs. The surprising claims were outlined in a new research paper published by the Main Astronomical Observatory of Ukraine’s National Academy of Science.

quote:

To: NeverCheney
They’re called drones.

10 posted on 10/10/2022, 2:18:23 PM by chopperk

quote:

To: NeverCheney
I don’t think they like it when we use nukes.

They are here because Russia is about to use nukes.

20 posted on 10/10/2022, 2:31:02 PM by Mr. K (No consequence of repealing obamacare is worse than obamacare itself)

quote:

To: NeverCheney

That’s good to know. UFO’S don’t like nukes and tend to shut them down. Some of these UFO’S could be messengers of God with a specific purpose. Some of them are not of God.

31 posted on 10/10/2022, 3:15:45 PM by PrairieLady2

[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: PrairieLady2

That’s good to know. UFO’S don’t like nukes and tend to shut them down.

I hope so. Biden seems determined to start WW3...

36 posted on 10/10/2022, 3:28:33 PM by chud

[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies]

And plenty of jokes about how the UFOs are just American money raining down from the sky.

I thought this was too pure.

quote:

Any Wine Lovers Here? Need Advice
SELF | today | self
Posted on 10/10/2022, 1:12:11 PM by thesligoduffyflynns

🙋🌞 Looking for advice on Moscato

Well im not very well versed in the wine field but happened upon a bottle of Moscato . Bubbles ok but TOO sweet.Any advice or reccs on this would be appreciated. Is there a semidry or dry Moscato. The sweetness tastes like sodapop. I dont need anything real expensive either $13.00 & under . Its for dinner / chicken& fish
Your reccs?

1 posted on 10/10/2022, 1:12:11 PM by thesligoduffyflynns
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

First response

quote:

To: thesligoduffyflynns
Don’t do drugs.

2 posted on 10/10/2022, 1:12:50 PM by Jonty30 (Some men want to see the world burn. It is they that want you to buy an electric car.)

There are plenty of good responses recommending Rieslings or Cab Savs, but I love the sheer unhelpfulness and bullying some of these joyless fucks bring to the table.

quote:

dump the contents out of the wine bottle, wash it out and recyle.

Then get some Macallen Single Malt.

Your Juevos will grow back in a jiffy.

13 posted on 10/10/2022, 1:20:33 PM by Macoozie (Handcuffs and Orange Jumpsuits)

:rolleyes:

quote:

Try The Trump Winery!!

Trumpwinery.com

they were all pretty good!!

15 posted on 10/10/2022, 1:21:10 PM by eyeamok (founded in cynicism, wrapped in sarcasm)

There are over a hundred replies to this thread

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
:lol: The grift never stops.

Turn It Down Please: Here Are The Most Annoying Pop Songs Ever Made
Another contributor to the dwindling freeper population is their outright hostility to newer users.

quote:

To: TBP

And the author of this article has written how many top 40 pop songs?

Critics should STFU unless and until they have achievements greater than those they criticize. Nothing more useless than someone who has never written a popular song daring to say a song loved by millions is bad, or flaming on the author of a book even though they couldn’t write one to save their life.

Critics suck

7 posted on 10/10/2022, 3:06:00 PM by Republican in occupied CA (I will not give up on my native State! Here I was born, here I fight and die!!)

quote:

To: Republican in occupied CA

So do n00bs that don’t know what they are talking about.

93 posted on 10/10/2022 8:38:58 AM PDT by sauropod (Unbelief has nothing to say. Chance favors the prepared mind.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: central_va

“Do you really want to hurt me?”

Yes We Do!

413 posted on 10/10/2022, 10:22:41 PM by dfwgator (Endut! Hoch Hech!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 412 | View Replies]

quote:

To: All

So what do y’all think about “Atlantis” - Donovan? It sucks AND kicks rear end at the same time. I THINK that I think it’s a cool song, but sometimes I wonder if I actually DON’T like it.

52 posted on 10/10/2022, 3:24:36 PM by mmichaels1970

dalereed -> :commissar: <- this jackass

quote:

I love all of these tunes! i was too poor for a record player or an 8 track or a cassette player or even a radio back then. I heard all of these tunes on car radios - not my car. I love them all. To me, they tell our life, our history, through the songs of the day. I really love Big Band 1940s.

55 posted on 10/10/2022, 3:26:24 PM by buffyt (Pandemic strikes deep Into your life it will creep starts when you're always afraid step out of line)

quote:

The worst song ever, by a mile., is 1-877 cars for kids. Whenever I hear that jingle start, I change the channel for one hour to punish to broadcaster -- well, so much as I can, anyway.
67 posted on 10/10/2022 8:30:16 AM PDT by PUGACHEV

quote:

I like most of these songs too.

Tastes change but quality lasts forever.

71 posted on 10/10/2022, 3:31:48 PM by Mr. N. Wolfe

quote:

NOOOOOOO ! Not Baby Shark !

84 posted on 10/10/2022, 3:36:15 PM by Baldwin77 (Super, Duper, Ultra Maga, subject of the Ultra Maga King Donald)

quote:

All those songs combined are not near as annoying as 200 lbs women in bikinis.

Hell she'd probably dress out at 200....retch.
121 posted on 10/10/2022, 3:47:40 PM by Manic_Episode (A government of the government, by the government, for the government)

quote:

Poor widdle Lisa Wells just had to go and diss Tom Jones and “What’s Up Pussycat”. A song from back when women were made of stronger stuff than modern snowflake Karens.

162 posted on 10/10/2022, 4:04:13 PM by oldvirginian (When I was a kid I wanted to be older…this is not what I expected)

quote:

To: dfwgator

I actually knew a girl named Alyssa Jones when I was a kid. She was the granddaughter of Grandpa Jones, from Hee Haw fame, and she lived in a “holler” in Tennessee. She was visiting at the neighbor’s house next door to mine, and for a few days, we played together from sun up to sun down.

213 posted on 10/10/2022, 4:27:40 PM by FamiliarFace (I wish “smart resume” would work for the real world so I could FF through the Burden admin BS.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 195 | View Replies]

quote:

Pop songs are more about making and reliving memories than they are about artistic value. People tend to be nostalgic about pop songs from their youth or from other significant events in their lives and they have an affection for the songs that bring those memories back.

Pop music is meant to be disposable. A relic from a certain time and place. If you want music that has artistic merit, listen to a Beethoven symphony or a Radiohead album if you are more in the mood for something modern.

To pick one song from the list, "Afternoon Delight" by Starland Vocal Band, I can see why many feel it is an insipid lightweight song. But for me, it brings back strong memories from the summer of 1976, when I went on a long road trip with my family. As we drove up the East Coast during that Bicentennial weekend, that song seemed to come on every radio station and at night, there were indeed fireworks going off all around us on the interstates.

So for me, it's not a stupid pop song. It's a song that puts me back in the family station wagon as a 13 year old kid, the smell of the burgers and fries we stopped for, the Holiday Inn swimming pool, my brother and sister fighting in the back, my Dad yelling at me for spilling ice cream on the car seat.

I didn't even know what "Afternoon Delight" was all about until I got a little older. At the time, I thought they were talking about shooting off fireworks in the afternoon. Well, that is kind of what it means but not in the way I interpreted it at the time.
234 posted on 10/10/2022, 4:39:35 PM by SamAdams76 (4,156,407 active user on Truth Social)

quote:

To: qam1

American Pie is commentary on the 1960s and it’s devastating. It’s a paean to an America that strated to get lost in the 1960s.

328 posted on 10/10/2022 10:54:57 AM PDT by TBP (Decent people cannot fathom the amoral cruelty of the Biden regime.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 300 | View Replies ]

quote:

IIRC Don McLean is a Trump supporter.

331 posted on 10/10/2022 10:57:00 AM PDT by dfwgator (Endut! Hoch Hech!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 328 | View Replies ]

quote:

Her name was Lola
She had Ebola
She said she caught it from some meat
from a vendor on the street

345 posted on 10/10/2022, 6:16:35 PM by Flash Bazbeaux

quote:

To: All

Mine is by a band I actually respect, if not like.

Aerosmith - Walk this Way.

Hey Diddle Diddle put your tittty in the middle? Or whatever he says?

And then shout “Walk This Way” a couple dozen times? I hate it.

Then Run DMC did the rap version and MTV was in love with that. It was that (among other things) that broke me of watching MTV from then on.

370 posted on 10/10/2022, 6:52:27 PM by John Milner (Marching for Peace is like breathing for food.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 366 | View Replies]

quote:

Anything by Tater Swuft.

126 posted on 10/10/2022, 3:49:44 PM by FlingWingFlyer (Let's Go Brandon! FJB.)

quote:

To: FlingWingFlyer
Anything by Tater Swuft.

LOL - I hear about her, but I honestly can’t think of any of her songs. I’ve probably heard snippets of them in stores and stuff, but I’m genuinely (and blissfully) unaware of her music.
215 posted on 10/10/2022, 4:29:48 PM by Allegra
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 126 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Allegra

She swerved far left before the 2020 election. I’m pretty sure she was encouraging her little teeny boppers to get out and vote. She was pimping the far left causes pretty hard.

400 posted on 10/10/2022, 8:45:22 PM by FlingWingFlyer (Let's Go Brandon! FJB.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 215 | View Replies]

quote:

Any Bruce Springsteen song except Glory Days. That guttural voice makes me turn the radio off every time.

420 posted on 10/11/2022, 1:40:01 AM by USAF1985 (Joe McCarthy is a hero...he was absolutely, 100% correct! (Let’s go Brandon!))

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Just shocked that Freep does not approve of Bruce Springsteen.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
No no, they do approve of him but only when they think he's singing about the right things. They will cast him out when he goes against their narrative, like fascists do with all artists.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I wouldn't ever do this.

But God drat, do some of these posts make me want to register an account and start doing some deep cover trolling.

What do these people think of Elvis? Is he a child molester? Or the King? I'd assume one of the "greatest" white guy artists of the past century with his history could make their heads explode.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

BlackIronHeart posted:

No no, they do approve of him but only when they think he's singing about the right things. They will cast him out when he goes against their narrative, like fascists do with all artists.

Bruce has of course gone against their narrative for 50 years. But their ability to convince themselves that artists are singing about said right things is staggering, of course.

"This song is great! It rocks and says USA!"

See: "Born in the USA", "Fortunate Son", etc etc.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Some of those that work forces are the same that burn crosses (and that's cool)

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I looked up Don McLean and he's doing that lovely boomer thing of claiming to be "above politics" but hating every political change that happened after the early 80s. He's a "Trump was a bad guy but did some good things" type right-centrist.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Doesn't Taylor Swift have a ton of Nazi fans that she flat out refused to publicly denounce because her record label PR dept told her it would hurt sales or something like that?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

Doesn't Taylor Swift have a ton of Nazi fans that she flat out refused to publicly denounce because her record label PR dept told her it would hurt sales or something like that?

She refused to publicly comment on politics until 2018, and did not make any kind of statement when white nationalist groups claimed to love her, iirc. And yeah, she later claimed it was because her label told her not to and that she now regrets doing so quite a bit.

She has since told her nazi fans to gently caress off.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
That's good to know. I've seen her say some cool positive role model things to young women in the past and I know that doesn't cancel out anything bad she ever did but it's good to know she told the nazis to gently caress off

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Captain Log posted:

What do these people think of Elvis? Is he a child molester? Or the King? I'd assume one of the "greatest" white guy artists of the past century with his history could make their heads explode.

It's a superposition of both states.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Renaming Army bases named after Confederate leaders to cost $21M

quote:

This gives fresh perspective to Orwell's prescient novel:

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

1 posted on 10/11/2022, 2:44:18 PM by fwdude
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

A Republican president needs to change those bases back to the original names. A Republican-controlled Congress needs to pass a law requiring senate approval before changing the original names to something else.

... but they won’t.

3 posted on 10/11/2022, 2:47:14 PM by Carl Vehse (A proud member of the LGBFJB community)

:lol: I don't think I've ever seen other freepers challenge this talking point before.

quote:

Keep the confederate names and memorials in place — and put the word “Democrat” in bold letters in front of them.

4 posted on 10/11/2022, 2:47:28 PM by Tell It Right (1st Thessalonians 5:21 -- Put everything to the test, hold fast to that which is true.)

quote:

To: Tell It Right

F off

You’re an idiot

13 posted on 10/11/2022 8:00:37 AM PDT by wardaddy (Sound and Fury Republic now home to more than a few globalists who really love the mainstream media )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Tell It Right
Keep the confederate names and memorials in place — and put the word “Democrat” in bold letters in front of them.

Back in those days the Republican were the big government tax and spend liberals, and the Democrats were the small government conservatives who believed in low taxes.

You need to tell it right.
18 posted on 10/11/2022 8:11:48 AM PDT by DiogenesLamp ("of parents owing allegiance to no other sovereignty.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies ]

quote:

> Fort Lenin <

There is a huge statue of Lenin in Seattle. Perhaps it could be moved to Fort Lenin, and be placed at the main gate.

Most folks in Seattle must love Lenin because the statue has been there for many years with no mass demonstrations against it. But notice that someone put red paint (for blood) on one of Lenin’s hands. So not everyone in Seattle is a commie.

14 posted on 10/11/2022, 3:01:43 PM by Leaning Right (The steal is real.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Leaning Right

Yes, that is what came to mind with all of this renaming. Why wasn’t that statue touch in the 2020 riots? Hmmmm....

15 posted on 10/11/2022, 3:05:38 PM by fwdude (Society has been fully polarized now, and you have to decide on which pole you want to be found.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

This is practically nothing in terms of the DoD budget.

The Article posted:

Giving new titles to nine Army bases named after Confederate generals will cost a little more than $21 million, according to estimates from the commission in charge of overseeing the process. ...

quote:

What a colossal waste of money not to mention just being plain BS

17 posted on 10/11/2022, 3:10:49 PM by Altura Ct.

quote:

Destruction of history and a total waste of money by our politicians for PC and ridiculous reasons. It angers me and nothing but a harsh punishment to those involved will placate me. It will do nothing but create division which ironically the reason they were named after Confederate leaders was because it helped healing for our country.

20 posted on 10/11/2022, 3:15:06 PM by vetvetdoug

quote:

To: PGR88

“Fort Globohomo” has a nice ring to it.

38 posted on 10/11/2022, 3:37:58 PM by ProtectOurFreedom (“I used to be nothing but a Deplorable Clinger, but I've been promoted to Brigadier Ultra-MAGA”)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Maybe if the armed forces more were explicitly racist then white people from the South would want to serve more :thunk:

quote:

It should be noted that Southerners serve at a higher rate than any other group, accounting for about 40 percent of the military despite the South only having 33 percent of the US population. I suspect that all the wokeness in the military which includes the war on all things Confederate may be one of the reasons why the Army is failing to meet its recruiting goals. Besides, what young white guy would want to join the military when they are being told that they are the cause of all the problems and are in fact, the enemy.

45 posted on 10/11/2022, 3:54:59 PM by euram

Once our openly plotted coup attempt was unsuccessful I distanced myself from Republicans because they failed :qq:

quote:

To: NKP_Vet
"It’s not just renaming bases it’s erasing any and all names of ANYTHING in the DOD named for any Confederate soldier or anyone that had anything to do with the Confederacy."

About the same time they brought up changing the names of the military bases, the Democrats also introduced into one of the initial defense Bills, the order to take down all the Confederate monuments at the Civil War battlefields run by the National Park Service. I was sent a group email about that, and the email also included a conversation about the removal of the statues, and paintings in the Capitol Building. One of the historians who commented in the emails was okay with removing the statues and paintings in the Capitol, as long as that was all they were planning to do. I pointed out to them that, that was how liberals work. They start out slow, get what they want, then go for the jugular. First it would be the statues and paintings, then it would be Confederate memorials, and battleground monuments, etc. I couldn't believe someone who makes their living from the topic of history was too dumb to even realize that. I never got a reply from that person. The sad thing is that there are far too many Republicans in Congress who are willing to roll over for the Democrats, and vote in favor of this stuff. I changed my 40+ year registration as a Republican to "no party" after January 6th, because I couldn't believe the number of gutless Republicans there were that day. I have no faith in the GOP/Republican Party any more. I want nothing to do with them. I'd rather sit home on Election Day, than hold my nose to vote for someone who I know will stab me, and Donald Trump in the back.
70 posted on 10/11/2022, 9:32:28 PM by mass55th ("Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." ~~ John Wayne )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 59 | View Replies]

quote:

To: mass55th

<>I changed my 40+ year registration as a Republican to “no party” after January 6th, because I couldn’t believe the number of gutless Republicans there were that day. I have no faith in the GOP/Republican Party any more. I want nothing to do with them. I’d rather sit home on Election Day, than hold my nose to vote for someone who I know will stab me, and Donald Trump in the back.<>

Ditto. I cast my first vote in 1972 for Richard Nixon and was a registered Republican until mid-January 2021.

‘Eff the GOP. The 2017-2019 Ryan/McConnell congress screwed We the People and President Trump.

Article V.

71 posted on 10/11/2022, 9:40:52 PM by Jacquerie (ArticleVBlog.com)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 70 | View Replies]

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

Back in those days the Republican were the big government tax and spend liberals, and the Democrats were the small government conservatives who believed in low taxes.

Quiet you fool, you'll destroy our talking points about how we're the party of Lincoln and actually the Dems are the real racists for creating the KKK!

"Renaming bases named after American enemies is ERASING HISTORY" is always a fun stupid talking point. Let's name more bases after America's enemies. Where's Fort Osama bin Laden, or Fort Benedict Arnold? Don't forget Fort Xi Jinping! And we have to have a Fort Adolf Hitler and a Fort Vladimir Putin.

Actually on second thought they'd probably love that last one. In theory they'd love the second to last one too but they have to keep pretending to hate Hitler despite agreeing with all of Hitler's policies, because of their insistence that the Nazis were actually communists.

quote:

I have no faith in the GOP/Republican Party any more. I want nothing to do with them. I'd rather sit home on Election Day, than hold my nose to vote for someone who I know will stab me, and Donald Trump in the back.

quote:

Ditto. I cast my first vote in 1972 for Richard Nixon and was a registered Republican until mid-January 2021.

‘Eff the GOP. The 2017-2019 Ryan/McConnell congress screwed We the People and President Trump.

Two Freepers who are absolutely going to vote straight ticket R in the upcoming midterms.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
What appeal did Taylor Swift songs have to Nazis?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Scratch Monkey posted:

She’s extremely white, aryan looking.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Scratch Monkey posted:

She is very white and started out singing much more "country" songs. As she moved into pop she got less popular among those people.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
I think drinking milk while listening to Taylor Swift was a thing for a bit.

Because nazis lack subtlety; you can never have too many white things.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

OAquinas posted:

I think drinking milk while listening to Taylor Swift was a thing for a bit.

Because nazis lack subtlety; you can never have too many white things.

The milk thing was because certain populations are less predisposed to lactose intolerance (generally northern Europeans) and some populations are more disposed (Africans, Asians, and Jewish people) so chugging a bunch of milk was a way to prove how "white" you are.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

CellBlock posted:

The milk thing was because certain populations are less predisposed to lactose intolerance (generally northern Europeans) and some populations are more disposed (Africans, Asians, and Jewish people) so chugging a bunch of milk was a way to prove how "white" you are.

Historically, many Jews and central Africans were cattle-based traders and pastoralists. They were in fact super famous for it. That's why brisket is a "Jewish" food and all the Zulu tactics were framed as cow and cattle-herding metaphors.

In as much as this is true, it's Nazis showing their amazing grasp of history and believing in yet more absolute bullshit.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

But but but, I thought that's why Tevye was always so poor!

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Power outages from missile attacks in many Ukrainian cities due to major missile attack today

quote:

To: Mount Athos

The neo-con posters here seethe, mock, and insult with zeal. What drives this? Very similar approach was used when the vaccine narrative was questioned. Who are these folks? From my perspective, this war mongering is an existential threat to the future of my family and all that I love and Ukraine losing a few breakaway regions means nothing in comparison.

227 posted on 10/10/2022, 1:40:56 PM by Kinzua (What have we allowed to happen?)

quote:

To: Mount Athos

Here’s something that will tick you off....I learned yesterday since Brandon took office 110,000 people died from the Fentanyl coming over the border and this is not even counting the amount of deaths caused by criminals illegally in the country. Guess how many Ukrainians have died since Russian invaded the Ukraine? 6,114 Yet Brandon continues to send billions upon billions of dollars to the Ukraine to defend its borders while we get S H * T

91 posted on 10/10/2022, 10:57:55 AM by GrandJediMasterYoda (As long as Hillary Clinton remains free, the USA will never have equal justice under the law)

quote:

To: GrandJediMasterYoda; All

Don’t forget all the people who have died from the drugs given out by unethical doctors this past decade, and unethical businesses which have made these drugs available in large quantities to these doctors.

105 posted on 10/10/2022 4:12:10 AM PDT by gleeaikin (Question authority! .)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 91 | View Replies ]

:lol:

quote:

To: marcusmaximus

Hitler is your little Ze clown and his handlers.

85 posted on 10/10/2022, 10:33:03 AM by NorseViking
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 84 | View Replies]

quote:

To: NorseViking

So now you’re calling the Jewish Zelinsky Hitler. That’s rich. That’s original. And that is completely brainless. What countries has Zelinsky invaded? What land grabs has he made?

Your pedophile Putin has invaded the Republic of Georgia and Ukraine and threatened all his western neighbors. Meanwhile you’ve helped him make war on his own people by just repeating Moscow talking points endlessly while erasing the influences of Bulgakov, Dostoyevsky, and Tolstoy and replacing it with comic book level NKVD Putin musings.

99 posted on 10/10/2022, 11:02:52 AM by Monterrosa-24 (To the barricades !!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 85 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Monterrosa-24

Google Tagliavini report. Georgia attacked Russia in 2008.

103 posted on 10/10/2022 4:07:03 AM PDT by NorseViking
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 99 | View Replies ]

quote:

Sure Jack, Georgia attacked Russia. Just like Poland attacked Germany in 1939.

106 posted on 10/10/2022 4:12:55 AM PDT by Monterrosa-24 (To the barricades !!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 103 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Monterrosa-24

You can repeat the media narratives as much as you wish. Read the fn report.

107 posted on 10/10/2022 4:14:06 AM PDT by NorseViking
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 106 | View Replies ]

Perhaps if we committed more war crimes :thunk:

quote:

To: lodi90
Russia bombing women and children again? Certainly nothing breaking about that. That’s the Russian way of war historically.

We do it too. The way you win a war is you break the enemies will to fight. If an enemy knows he is putting his women and children at risk he might reconsider continuing the war.
147 posted on 10/10/2022 4:59:27 AM PDT by jpsb
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 134 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: jpsb; lodi90
The way you win a war is you break the enemies will to fight. If an enemy knows he is putting his women and children at risk he might reconsider continuing the war.

We didn't do enough of it, which is why we have lost every major war since WW II.

We never broke the will of the enemy because armchair morons in DC implements rules of engagement that sacrificed our troops over the civilians near the enemy.
153 posted on 10/10/2022 5:06:37 AM PDT by Erik Latranyi (We are being manipulated by forces that most do not see)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 147 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: blitz128

Was it your excuse to bomb schools and hospitals?

152 posted on 10/10/2022 5:06:27 AM PDT by NorseViking
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 139 | View Replies ]

quote:

Was it your excuse to bomb schools and hospitals?

If the enemy hides troops or equipment in schools, hospitals or churches, they are legitimate military targets.

The will of the enemy must be broken. That is why we have not won a war since 1945.
155 posted on 10/10/2022 5:10:29 AM PDT by Erik Latranyi (We are being manipulated by forces that most do not see)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 152 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Erik Latranyi

Sure, the same applies to Banderite Nazis who are currently killing and stuffing school teachers in the mass graves in Kupyansk and proudly upload videos online.

158 posted on 10/10/2022 5:12:33 AM PDT by NorseViking
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 155 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Erik Latranyi

“If”

197 posted on 10/10/2022 5:57:48 AM PDT by FreshPrince
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 155 | View Replies ]

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

CellBlock posted:

Nobody wins in a dairy challenge

*bzzzzt*

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
WARNING - This post contains screenshots of some off the charts Fox racism. You can find posts like these attached to a lot of their articles. But this is just a loving cesspool, out in the open, attached to their front-page article.

The other day, I quite possibly found the most disgusting Fox rabbit hole yet.

I've used screen shots rather than cut and paste, and it's related to the top article. This was front and center on their homepage, as the lead story.

A very good high school quarterback was shot and killed by two other high schoolers. The article made it sound completely random, while mentioning the victim knew the shooters and something about drugs might have been involved.

Alright, I went a little different on this one. This is the TOP COMMENT at the time of my screenshooting. Everything else is in the responses/replies to this comment. I do not jump into any other comment threads, sticking only to the one at the top.

This Top Comment is a cut and paste I've seen before. But hoo boy, did the hogs get all hot and bothered for it in this case.

YOU SHOULD RUN FOR CONGRES, RACIST CUT AND PASTE MAN OR WOMAN!!!

cont. from above -

Uh-oh, someone tried to be slightly less racist than everyone else. DOWNVOTE THIS COMMENT! Any comment not towing the ultimate racism had more dislikes than likes.

His girlfriend who was there when the victim died says she forgives the people who shot him. They don't like that.

More pain peeling racism -

cont.

Uh-oh, someone pointed out some inconvenient facts from the DOJ -

Uh....DYLAN ROOF! That's a white guy we don't like! Look, we said so!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I'm guessing Freep is either losing their poo poo or it's quiet as the grave over there, but I'm pretty sure they aren't just business as usual.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

CellBlock posted:

I thought Africa was the other major place where the mutation for lactose tolerance tends to crop up, because of long tradition of cattle-herding in parts of it?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

I thought Africa was the other major place where the mutation for lactose tolerance tends to crop up, because of long tradition of cattle-herding in parts of it?

West Africa, the Middle/Near East, and Europe are the big places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
In case anyone new (like an FBI agent) reads this post wants some quick context on the net denizens that post on freerepublic.com: these shitheads vote straight ticket Republican, some of them have membership in the Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, or whatever new flavor of right-wing militia is springing up, and would install Trump as a dictator if given enough leeway to do so.
Just a thought in my older age no one talks about
The OP is an image meme containing all the service's patches displayed with some text: "THERE'S A LOT OF US VIET NAM ERA THAT WERE NOT THE BEST WE COULD HAVE BEEN. WE SUFFER STILL TODAY."
I'm honestly not sure how to take some of these posts. Freepers are ideologically incapable of critiquing US imperialism, let alone Capitalism. On the other hand it's true and documented that this country has discarded soliders after they've served in the military. One could take these posts as some kind of lament for lost innocence, perhaps lamenting that instead of dying in a swamp they could have been a poet.
Like this one:

quote:

To: knarf

We were betrayed and lied to and did not know it. Don’t get me wrong I have two Purple Hearts and thought I was patriotic.

22 posted on 10/14/2022 10:21:00 AM PDT by mountainlion (Live well for those that did not make it back.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]
Or this one:

quote:

My Dad was a World War II vet and a VA Hospital Volunteer - he came around to believe that the Viet Nam Vets who were spending the rest of their lives in a crappy VA Hospital were betrayed by our Government.

34 posted on 10/14/2022 10:36:01 AM PDT by EC Washington
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: EC Washington

George Carlin said it best:

“…the war in Vietnam, which has only been over for about sixteen or seventeen years, and thanks to the lies and deceits surrounding that war, I guess it’s no surprise that the very same condition was called “Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.” Still eight syllables, but we’ve added a hyphen! And the pain is completely buried under jargon. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. I’ll bet you if we’d have still been calling it ‘Shellshock’, some of those Vietnam veterans might have gotten the attention they needed at the time. I’ll betcha that. I’ll betcha that.”

35 posted on 10/14/2022 10:37:52 AM PDT by dfwgator (Endut! Hoch Hech!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies ]

quote:

I liked Carlin.

53 posted on 10/14/2022 10:57:14 AM PDT by EEGator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies ]

But this is the freep thread so here are some posts where they openly plot domestic terrorism.

quote:

To: ought-six

My father was bombing Hanoi in 1972. He should have been bombing American college campuses.

18 posted on 10/14/2022, 5:19:24 PM by quikstrike98

quote:

To: quikstrike98

Hopefully he gets the chance now.

83 posted on 10/14/2022 11:37:08 AM PDT by Mouton (The enemy of the people is the media )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies ]

quote:

Excellent point.

I was too young to be conscripted, but I remember the subtle, nightly condemnation of OUR forces by "uncle walter" on see BS.

His propaganda included college campus protest videos.
84 posted on 10/14/2022 11:38:37 AM PDT by caprock (from the flats of SE New Mexico)

quote:

To: caprock

And now those leftist rioters and anti-American traitors are running our government. Don’t talk to me about “Insurrection” on 1/6. These people have been engaged in sedition against our Constitution and way of life since the 1960’s, slowly working their treason to destroy our constitutional republic. They are the domestic enemies mentioned in our oath of enlistment.

90 posted on 10/14/2022 11:43:21 AM PDT by quikstrike98
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 84 | View Replies ]

quote:

Ohhh I like the way you think.

99 posted on 10/14/2022 12:10:11 PM PDT by Az Joe (Biden & ChiComs are the enemy, not Putin.)

quote:

I find myself asking just what the hell was the point of serving this country? Why the hell did we bother?

3 posted on 10/14/2022, 5:07:12 PM by Howie66 (Let's Go Brandon!!)

quote:

To: Howie66

“I find myself asking just what the hell was the point of serving this country? Why the hell did we bother?”

Every now and then that thought creeps into my head, but I quickly squash it. I come from generations of service to this country. The country hasn’t failed us, the leadership has. It’s our task to keep the torch lit, and act when the time becomes completely necessary. I fear that time is coming sooner than a lot of us want it to. For now, I will continue to serve the idea of the Founding Fathers and keep the faith until my last breath. There is no place left to run, and no one is going to come to our aid. WE MUST STAY ON WATCH AND BE THE POINT MEN (AND WOMEN) TO LEAD THE OTHERS OUT OF THIS.

48 posted on 10/14/2022, 5:52:29 PM by USAF1985 (Joe McCarthy is a hero...he was absolutely, 100% correct! (Let’s go Brandon!))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

To: ought-six

If the goal of our Vietnam involvement, was to stop Communism from infecting America, clearly it was a failure. Back then we expended millions of tons of ordnance to destroy the Communist threat. I fail to see how that should change now that they’re infecting us like a metastazing cancer.

49 posted on 10/14/2022, 5:54:33 PM by quikstrike98
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 23 | View Replies]

Trump fixed everything wrong with the VA in a single term :rolleyes:

quote:

I’m a vet...
Got into a little discussion with my sister about VA benefits...
She said that the pubs would set things right when they get back in power...
I pointed out to her that every significant piece of legislation for veterans was written and passed by democommies.

Just a little piece of information to chew on

36 posted on 10/14/2022, 5:43:36 PM by joe fonebone (And the people said NO! The End)

quote:

To: joe fonebone

Trump cleaned up the VA

50 posted on 10/14/2022 10:55:22 AM PDT by knarf (I say things that are true . . . I have no proof, but they're true.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies ]

quote:

All the money going to the VA, and it’s a lot, doesn’t all go to the Veterans or their care.

The VA has become the big national money launderer for the Democrats.

45 posted on 10/14/2022, 5:49:43 PM by blueunicorn6 ("A crack shot and a good dancer” )

quote:

Everybody over the age of 25 knows that communism doesn’t work.

Communism is always, ALWAYS, a front for a dictatorship.

55 posted on 10/14/2022, 6:00:17 PM by blueunicorn6 ("A crack shot and a good dancer” )

stdh.txtLTC.Ret SLAMS his siblings' thoughts on socialism with these pristine words of wisdom

quote:

USAR 1976-2007

My sister said the other day that she didn’t understand why I was so against socialism because I use the socialized medicine VA Hospital System for TBI care and everyone else has to pay my bills. She seemed surprised when I shut her down -— but so many people today feel that same way because so many people today neither volunteered nor had to serve even a single day to reap all their opportunities and benefits this country offers.

My Dad fought in both WWII and Korea -— retired after 20+ years. We were raised as Army brats.

59 posted on 10/14/2022, 6:10:50 PM by LTC.Ret (I was MAGA when MAGA wasn't cool)

For context EEGator was talking about Jeanine Garaffalo's appearance earlier

quote:

Yeah she was, but tatts on chicks are nasty and menopause destroys women.
It’s like Kryptonite to women.

25 posted on 10/14/2022, 5:23:39 PM by EEGator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

quote:

To: EEGator

“menopause destroys women.”

Maybe that’s a man’s point of view. Speaking for myself, I wouldn’t return to pre-menopause days for anything.

Maybe it depends on the definition of “destroyed”.

96 posted on 10/14/2022, 6:54:31 PM by MayflowerMadam (It amazes me how much "exercise" and "extra fries" sound alike.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

quote:

To: MayflowerMadam

I mean it typically doesn’t help one’s body & looks.
Usually weight gain & change in skin appearance.

98 posted on 10/14/2022, 6:59:24 PM by EEGator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 96 | View Replies]
Stay classy, freep vets :fuckoff: