Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I was hoping the decision would be in by end of day Friday but it was clear when they were asking for a physical copy of the charge and they didn't get that until like 3:00pm that it wasn't going to happen. Fingers crossed they'll hammer this poo poo out today but it is a lot of plaintiffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is this the last Sandy Hook trial? I know they have 1 more case coming up but I think that one is Parklamd related

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean Solomon wasn’t joking, he was playing a game of chicken with the mothers. Which is kind of hosed up

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Is this the last Sandy Hook trial? I know they have 1 more case coming up but I think that one is Parklamd related

Two more cases, Lenny Pozner and Veronica De La Rosa in Texas and the Parkland Shooter case as well.

EDIT: To clarify, one more Sandy Hook-related case, and then a case related to Parkland.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Nope. There’s another, but this one has the most plaintiffs.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

OneMoreTime posted:

Two more cases, Lenny Pozner and Veronica De La Rosa in Texas and the Parkland Shooter case as well.

EDIT: To clarify, one more Sandy Hook-related case, and then a case related to Parkland.

Was there a reason why these cases were so separated? I have no idea how any of this works so I was wondering why.

I mean, I get plaintiffs can bring separate suits and both CT and TX make sense, but was there ever a stated reason why?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

mojo1701a posted:

Was there a reason why these cases were so separated? I have no idea how any of this works so I was wondering why.

I mean, I get plaintiffs can bring separate suits and both CT and TX make sense, but was there ever a stated reason why?

You need justification to combine cases, not separate them.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Devor posted:

Referring to my response? I don't think he's literally advocating for it, but it's a loving sick thing to joke about in the context of dead children

she, fyi. I'm a woman

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

mojo1701a posted:

The CT cases were originally three different cases that were consolidated because they were in the same district and court.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

sugar free jazz posted:

wow this guy thinks its loving sick as hell to joke about dead kids? mods? do we really support people posting here about how cool this is? jeffrey? admins? anyone?

i think it's good actually :twisted:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

That’s the great thing about AJ, no matter what happens to him I don’t feel bad.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

sugar free jazz posted:

wow this guy thinks its loving sick as hell to joke about dead kids? mods? do we really support people posting here about how cool this is? jeffrey? admins? anyone?

His own scumbag fans called at least one of the families to taunt and tell them they pissed on their child's grave. Because it's a false flag 'ya see.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Plan R posted:

His own scumbag fans called at least one of the families to taunt and tell them they pissed on their child's grave. Because it's a false flag 'ya see.
but...i mean that only works as a taunt if the kid did exist. "i pissed on a fake grave" doesn't mean anything. "i pissed on your dead child's grave" means something.
i'm convinced "it's a false flag" is just a more "acceptable" way to say "i don't care *about your dead children"
*thank you

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 11, 2022

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean they care, you don’t insult someone if you don’t care

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

InsertPotPun posted:

but...i mean that only works as a taunt if the kid did exist. "i pissed on a fake grave" doesn't mean anything. "i pissed on your dead child's grave" means something.
i'm convinced "it's a false flag" is just a more "acceptable" way to say "i don't care *about your dead children"
*thank you

You know the answer and they don't care. It is and it is not is.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Plan R posted:

It is and it is not is.

That depends on what your definition of 'is' is.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I miss the harmless fun of 90's X-Files and Unsolved Mysteries type conspiracy theories. Now its all about demonizing "gun grabbers" and LGBTQ people and Jewish people and intellectuals and liberals and basically anybody that isn't a WASP, I guess.

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
drat, they have a question about an exhibit that's over an hour long. We'll see them leave for today and come back tomorrow morning.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Animal-Mother posted:

I miss the harmless fun of 90's X-Files and Unsolved Mysteries type conspiracy theories. Now its all about demonizing "gun grabbers" and LGBTQ people and Jewish people and intellectuals and liberals and basically anybody that isn't a WASP, I guess.
90's UFO conspiracy theories have never been harmless. It's always been repackaged antisemitism.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Animal-Mother posted:

A friend of mine and I were talking about this the other day, he introduced me to Knowledge Fight and I got him to listen to QAnonAnonymous, so we're both well versed in conspiracy theories and have some nostalgia for the good old days when some dude would travel the country claiming there was a 3000 foot deep UFO base in New Mexico where the US army was constantly fighting the Greys they had captured. It was fun and harmless and only one person I know of died due to the whole Chemtrails conspiracy theory, and that guy's death was more a byproduct of a completely different set of beliefs cooked up by a bible decoder who somehow formed a cult through an internet radio show.

I would love if we could go back to the harmless "politicians are Reptilians" phase of conspiratorial thinking. That was easy to mock and there was nothing on the line for either side, and it was rightly tagged as a fringe stupid theory. Today I could propose something like that and a bunch of internet weirdos on Gab would believe it so long as I hooked the Jews in somehow.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Kinda like Alex Jones himself, conspiracy theories are funny the less you know about it. Once you get deeper into it, you realize it's almost entirely white supremacy/nationalistic garbage. Hell, speaking of KF, those 'wacky wednesdays' space-centric conspiracy episodes had a bunch of yikes-worthy poo poo.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

The one that almost drew me in was Bohemian Grove because goddamn it's easy to believe a bunch of billionaires listening to a talking owl statue is something sinister instead of day camp for drunk dumb rich idiots

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Noticed this in today's scotus orders:

https://www.supremecourt.gov/orders/courtorders/101122zor_5426.pdf posted:

FETZER, JAMES V. POZNER, LEONARD
The applications for stay addressed to Justice Gorsuch and referred to the Court are denied.

Anyone know what that was all about? I googled it and just got tons of infowars adjacent trash propaganda :rolleyes:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

The one that almost drew me in was Bohemian Grove because goddamn it's easy to believe a bunch of billionaires listening to a talking owl statue is something sinister instead of day camp for drunk dumb rich idiots

Yeah I know multiple people who believe the Bohemian Grove poo poo. It's unfortunate.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Moloch's symbol/form is a bull. That's the easiest way to short circuit most of these dumb conspiracies.

Nixon also called it "The faggiest goddamn thing I've ever seen" which is...something.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

xarph posted:

Noticed this in today's scotus orders:

Anyone know what that was all about? I googled it and just got tons of infowars adjacent trash propaganda :rolleyes:

First result for me was this site with court documents: https://poznervfetzer.com

quote:

About
Fetzer, a retired University of Minnesota Duluth professor now living in Wisconsin, and Mike Palacek co-wrote a book, “Nobody Died at Sandy Hook” in which they claimed the Sandy Hook shooting never took place but was instead an event staged by the federal government as part of an Obama administration effort to enact tighter gun restrictions. A judge earlier ruled Pozner was defamed by statements in the book that claimed he fabricated copies of his son’s death certificate.

E:
One of the defendant's lawyers got disbarred for working on this case while their license was suspended :lmao: https://www.coloradosupremecourt.com/pdj/Decisions/Maynard,%20Opinion%20Imposing%20Sanctions,%2020PDJ018,%2001-07-21.pdf

Squatch Ambassador fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 11, 2022

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Froghammer posted:

90's UFO conspiracy theories have never been harmless. It's always been repackaged antisemitism.

Art Bell was part of the white supremist pipeline in the 90's.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Lazyfire posted:

Moloch's symbol/form is a bull. That's the easiest way to short circuit most of these dumb conspiracies.

Nixon also called it "The faggiest goddamn thing I've ever seen" which is...something.

Given how much of a joyless square Nixon was, I fully believe that the wildest things that happens there is some drunk magnate putting on a mask and/or those stonemason skirts, and that was enough to completely blow his boring lutheran mind.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Nixon was a Quaker

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Morter posted:

Kinda like Alex Jones himself, conspiracy theories are funny the less you know about it. Once you get deeper into it, you realize it's almost entirely white supremacy/nationalistic garbage. Hell, speaking of KF, those 'wacky wednesdays' space-centric conspiracy episodes had a bunch of yikes-worthy poo poo.

Yeah conspiracy theories have to pull at your heart strings somewhere to get you invested, so there’s always an element of racism or anti-[insert protected classes here] to be found.

I met a HAARP believer once and it went from chentrails and weather control to “owned by the Jews, who control the media” in about 30 seconds. I went from amused to horrified in the same amount of time.

The “great replacement” conspiracy is 110% pure raw white supremacist hate wrapped up in those almost transparent noodle wraps that you get the Thai spring rolls in. Except Thai spring rolls rule and white supremacists can eat poo poo.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Squatch Ambassador posted:

First result for me was this site with court documents: https://poznervfetzer.com

E:
One of the defendant's lawyers got disbarred for working on this case while their license was suspended :lmao: https://www.coloradosupremecourt.com/pdj/Decisions/Maynard,%20Opinion%20Imposing%20Sanctions,%2020PDJ018,%2001-07-21.pdf

Another brilliant legal mind thinking "if I don't participate in discovery, then they can't find me guilty."

quote:

The same day, Respondent filed a “Notice of Intent Not to Respond to Discovery,
Due to Violations of Due Process”9 and “Respondent’s Waiver of Right to Hearing.” In her
notice, Respondent stated that she would not answer written discovery or sit for her
deposition “due to the violation of her reciprocal discovery rights, as well as the violations of
federal laws the [Court] was informed of earlier . . . .”10 Respondent again cited her inability
to obtain a Colorado subpoena for Zimmerman’s deposition and complained about the
People’s efforts to conduct discovery into her emails. She also renewed her Fifth
Amendment self-incrimination objection. On these bases, she affirmed that she would “not
comply with efforts to do discovery on [her].”11 In waiving her right to a hearing in this
matter, Respondent asked the PDJ to take up and grant her motion for summary judgment.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

funeral home DJ posted:

Yeah conspiracy theories have to pull at your heart strings somewhere to get you invested, so there’s always an element of racism or anti-[insert protected classes here] to be found.

I met a HAARP believer once and it went from chentrails and weather control to “owned by the Jews, who control the media” in about 30 seconds. I went from amused to horrified in the same amount of time.

The “great replacement” conspiracy is 110% pure raw white supremacist hate wrapped up in those almost transparent noodle wraps that you get the Thai spring rolls in. Except Thai spring rolls rule and white supremacists can eat poo poo.

it takes a few factors, racism is part of it but unchecked clinical paranoia is a big part of it. people need to get professional help but they can't because it's impossibly expensive here.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Jury is back in the courtroom to listen to testimony. I didn't join right at 9 so here's the Elizabeth Williamson thread that gives the background
https://twitter.com/NYTLiz/status/1580194172434202625?s=20&t=vwQWUX8Iy7-aVpBQMaVCWA
https://twitter.com/NYTLiz/status/1580195194880020481?s=20&t=vwQWUX8Iy7-aVpBQMaVCWA
So may be getting the verdict today

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Jury: "We find the defendant guilty and sentence him to immediate execution."

Judge: "This is a civil trial and we don't even have the deat- You know what, gently caress it. I hereby sentence you to death, Mr Jones."

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Agents are GO! posted:

Jury: "We find the defendant guilty and sentence him to immediate execution."

Judge: "This is a civil trial and we don't even have the deat- You know what, gently caress it. I hereby sentence you to death, Mr Jones."

Scaphism, except with chili instead of milk and honey

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Death by boner pills!

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Crushed under a pallet of food supplements.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Death by gavel. Judge needs some stress relief

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
Accidental electrocution on the 7000th vodka break in his studio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Now now, death is too easy a way out for Jones. Just make him have to live off of his own products for the span of time equal to the time his followers spent harassing the families of those killed in Sandy Hook. Per family member.