Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Diva Cupcake posted:

Breer had this in his mailbag on pre-reqs for Sean Payton. Which I guess leaves only the Cowboys or Chargers?

49ers and they trade Jimmy G for Taysom Hill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Sean Payton on the Chargers would be sick. But wouldn't #3 preclude them?

Plus they'd probably have to get rid of the GM too, right? Can't imagine Payton doesn't want his own guy.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Woozie66 posted:

Plus they'd probably have to get rid of the GM too, right? Can't imagine Payton doesn't want his own guy.

Not as unimaginable as you'd think. Telesco is already on his third head coach hire. GMs rarely even get a third.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Woozie66 posted:

I don’t know that he’d care all that much about having “his” guy. Obviously he was heavily involved in roster construction but he generally seemed to let the scouts do their jobs and find him players that fit what he wanted. Taysom is really the only example I can think of where he definitely threw his weight around.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Telesco seems like an actual good GM. Peyton would be dumb to want to boot him

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

As a Saints fan Payton on the Chargers is probably the best case scenario. Bengals are the other place that I’d be really happy with.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

a neat cape posted:

Not as unimaginable as you'd think. Telesco is already on his third head coach hire. GMs rarely even get a third.

Tough business if he gets the boot a few years after drafting a franchise QB.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Telesco seems like an actual good GM. Peyton would be dumb to want to boot him

What do you do if you try to fix the Chargers over the last decade or so, dump the S&C staff, team doctors? (dumping the team doctors thing has some wheels) Grounds crew would maybe make sense but they don't actually have the right to do that as far as I know.

They're not doing the Baalke thing of drafting dudes with disastrous injuries most of the time, they just all die.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

What do you do if you try to fix the Chargers over the last decade or so, dump the S&C staff, team doctors?

If I'm Payton going to the Chargers this is my day 1 demand. Starting with the guy who collapsed Tyrod's lung who is still somehow in charge of their franchise QB's care. Cause yeah, I feel like very single year it's the same drat thing. "Man the Chargers' roster looks loving sick this year!" By week 3 all the stars are on IR. It was also mind boggling kicking and special teams play in general for a while but that seems to be more under control lately.

https://twitter.com/rotopat/status/1183579442725212160

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers and Rams not playing on real grass is a crime and I blame the Rams.

The biggest issue with Telesco is the depth of the team. Dude can hit it the first round of the draft but depth has always been an issue. I like him too, and he manages to keep our stars locked up on good contracts, but still, three head coaches so far

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Payton sees something special in Davis Mills, he'll take over the texans

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Texans are on pace to have a pair of top 10 picks with one likely in the top 5. There's way worse landing spots

Edit: Assuming you can oust the evangelicals

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 12, 2022

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Edit: Assuming you can oust the evangelicals

Gotta oust the failson to do that

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I am going to suspect with another loss that Kevin Stefanski’s seat will be warming up. However it is not just him responsible.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

It's going to be extra funny after Stefanski gets fired, they hire Bienemy at Watsons behest, they keep crashing and Watson demands a trade after 3 years total in Cleveland.

Jimmy is going to demand a new stadium in there at some point

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 16, 2022

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Gatts posted:

I am going to suspect with another loss that Kevin Stefanski’s seat will be warming up. However it is not just him responsible.

Based on what's happened, I can't imagine they'd fire him before Watson comes back. Brissett is the backup, and makes backup type mistakes. Plus, you'd have to imagine Stefanski was part of the reason Watson wanted to go there. Giving him an interim while he's not even playing probably makes everything worse.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If Watson doesn't play well that entire front office is gonna be pointing fingers so fast. It'll be like the ending of a Scorsese movie where everybody turns on each other.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Gatts posted:

The seat is already hot. Browns will likely lose at least 3 of their next 5.

Benne posted:

If Watson doesn't play well that entire front office is gonna be pointing fingers so fast. It'll be like the ending of a Scorsese movie where everybody turns on each other.

It's this. The front office will need scapegoats when the strategy of adding 1 QB and 1 WR while ignoring other holes and trading away the future in draft picks doesn't pan out. They didn't sell this as a lost year when they made the rear end in a top hat trade, they sold it as an immediate jump to contender status.

wilderthanmild fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 16, 2022

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

wilderthanmild posted:

The seat is already hot. Browns will likely lose at least 3 of their next 5.

It's this. The front office will need scapegoats when the strategy of adding 1 QB and 1 WR while ignoring other holes and trading away the future in draft picks doesn't pan out. They didn't sell this as a lost year when they made the rear end in a top hat trade, they sold it as an immediate jump to contender status.

But did they sell it as a contender without that QB? Plus, going 2-3 still puts them at 4-6, which is spitting distance in a dogshit division.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Woozie66 posted:

Based on what's happened, I can't imagine they'd fire him before Watson comes back. Brissett is the backup, and makes backup type mistakes. Plus, you'd have to imagine Stefanski was part of the reason Watson wanted to go there. Giving him an interim while he's not even playing probably makes everything worse.

I don't think he's fired before Deshaun's back

quote:

Texans
Bengals
Ravens
Saints
Washington
Steelers

I think he's fired if/when Deshaun's back and they still don't win more than two of these. I think he's gone on Black Monday, but if they start that stretch 0-4 I can see him being gone on Xmas Day/the day after losing to the Saints. It's the easy run of their schedule, and with how they're going it still looks like it can be dire

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Arizona Cardinals, led by offensive brain genius wonderkid Kliff Kingsbury, have failed to score 20 points in three out of six games.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Benne posted:

The Arizona Cardinals, led by offensive brain genius wonderkid Kliff Kingsbury, have failed to score 20 points in three out of six games.

Im not sure how to allocate blame there because Kyler is just doing the dumbest poo poo all the time now.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Benne posted:

No organization has ever deserved an outcome more than the Browns deserve Watson to come back and suck.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Benne posted:

Kliff, Kyler, and Keim all getting extensions is mystifying

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Benne posted:

They gonna score 20 easily on thursday

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Kliff, Kyler, and Keim all getting extensions is mystifying

Like, I could understand Kyler because he was a #1 overall pick and has shown flashes of brilliance here and there, but Kliff getting an extension after multiple years of late season swoons and that embarrassing thrashing by the Rams in the playoffs was insane. This should’ve been his prove it year.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Like, I could understand Kyler because he was a #1 overall pick and has shown flashes of brilliance here and there, but Kliff getting an extension after multiple years of late season swoons and that embarrassing thrashing by the Rams in the playoffs was insane. This should’ve been his prove it year.

He's certainly proving something this year!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fire rhule again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Harry Privates posted:

Harbaugh should probably be on the hot seat.

https://twitter.com/marlon_humphrey/status/1581767065093885952?s=20&t=A-ghXtfmm1Vhms4eWqM4ZQ

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

FizFashizzle posted:

fire rhule again

isn't it great that Rhule wasn't fired in the offseason and now the team is an unwatchable dumpster fire with eleven more games to go?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Im not sure how to allocate blame there because Kyler is just doing the dumbest poo poo all the time now.

yea im not sure how much blame to lay on Kliff when kyler's the dumbest little guy on the field on every play

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

that Buffalo one isn't the same

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Woozie66 posted:

I don't think Stefanski's gone before Watson comes back, but Watson didn't want to go there at all until they emptied the bank on him. He'd probably be just fine with a new coach.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I feel like the only time the offense has looked at all dangerous this year has been when plays broke down and Kyler started improvising, tho, which would imply that the problem is with the playcalling and the scheme. And if he's constantly having to improvise because the scheme is flawed, that would explain a lot of the dumber poo poo too.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

It's possible that the guy they had to put a homework clause in his contact for just isn't executing the playcalls and scheme.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Simplex posted:

It's possible that the guy they had to put a homework clause in his contact for just isn't executing the playcalls and scheme.

Im going to lean more towards blaming the Coach who got fired from his NCAA head coaching gig, couldn't get another HC position on the college level, and yet somehow ended up an NFL head coach. Kingsbury has been in over his head the whole time.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

syzpid posted:

Im going to lean more towards blaming the Coach who got fired from his NCAA head coaching gig, couldn't get another HC position on the college level, and yet somehow ended up an NFL head coach. Kingsbury has been in over his head the whole time.

It's just such a bizarre situation and career. At the time Arizona hired him I kinda wanted Kliff as an offensive coordinator or assistant because my team did not actually need one (I mean, Andy Reid is going to Andy no matter what), but I thought it was a very fun idea to have them bounce ideas off of each other every week and put things together.

Now his offense just sucks and there's nothing particularly fun going on there and the only reason they're as 'good' as 2-4 is their defense is randomly ok outside of the Chiefs game. That's presumably because they walled him the hell off from ever touching that.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Simplex posted:

Sure, it's also possible that a really pass-heavy offense can't function when Hollywood Brown is the only legitimate starting wideout on the field. Kingsbury had months to adjust to the fact that Hopkins was going to miss half thee season, and it doesn't look like he did that at all.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

holy poo poo you're (sort of) free, texans fans

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1581996460056641536

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Black Lighter posted:

I feel like the only time the offense has looked at all dangerous this year has been when plays broke down and Kyler started improvising, tho, which would imply that the problem is with the playcalling and the scheme. And if he's constantly having to improvise because the scheme is flawed, that would explain a lot of the dumber poo poo too.

He runs with the ball in one hand way out from his body which is how the fumble yesterday happened. He’s constantly throwing without his feet set, he regularly throws directly into coverage multiple times a game, he runs backwards like 9 yards and then takes completely unnecessary sacks instead of just throwing it away…

He’s very physically talented but it’s like he still thinks he’s in college and can get away with doing whatever he wants. Actually he looks worse than he did in college I think. His mechanics are all over the place.

Obviously Kliff is the head coach so it’s all his problem and responsibility, but Kyler looks worse this year than his first year in the league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He runs with the ball in one hand way out from his body which is how the fumble yesterday happened. He’s constantly throwing without his feet set, he regularly throws directly into coverage multiple times a game, he runs backwards like 9 yards and then takes completely unnecessary sacks instead of just throwing it away…

He’s very physically talented but it’s like he still thinks he’s in college and can get away with doing whatever he wants. Actually he looks worse than he did in college I think. His mechanics are all over the place.

Obviously Kliff is the head coach so it’s all his problem and responsibility, but Kyler looks worse this year than his first year in the league.

I agree that he's regressed, but I still think his flaws are being exacerbated by the scheme. How many times this year has he had to run or dance around in the pocket just because no one was open? It's an offense that currently just doesn't function unless he's buying time or making plays with his legs, and that makes it a lot easier for him to regress.