Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

CelticPredator posted:

Dolls have clothes action figures do not.

The clothes are their weapons. :smug:

J/K it's honestly a pretty good point, but Skeletor and He-Man really did have clothes! These stupid metal belt harnesses that went around their chests that every kid immediately broke or lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Those super expensive hot toys are dollies. Those Neca figures are action figures

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Where do my big Mondo Batman The Animated Series figures fall. They’re bigguns.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

The clothes are their weapons. :smug:

J/K it's honestly a pretty good point, but Skeletor and He-Man really did have clothes! These stupid metal belt harnesses that went around their chests that every kid immediately broke or lost.

He-Man can't help it that he flexed his pecks and his poo poo didn't fit anymore.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Man, all that Amazon stuff I ordered yesterday is definitely getting delayed isn't it? I feel like this happened last year too, delivered by tomorrow but it still hasn't shipped yet.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I mean the two things keeping me from talking for 90 minutes about astrophysics are lack of subject knowledge, and the shame of being full of poo poo if I decided to plow ahead anyway. Musky has the former, but not the latter.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I only ordered the clockwork orange UHD so I’m hopeful that’ll ship soon. Tho it’s not really a horror movie so I’ll stow it for November.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Kingtheninja posted:

Man, all that Amazon stuff I ordered yesterday is definitely getting delayed isn't it? I feel like this happened last year too, delivered by tomorrow but it still hasn't shipped yet.

Probably depends on how close you live to a distribution hub-- we have one in town and things frequently ship on the day they're supposed to arrive (and are often delivered by just some guy in like a Kia Sorento or whatever)

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
Forgot the work print is included in the new ROTLD 4K - this is epic as hell

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

RichterIX posted:

Probably depends on how close you live to a distribution hub-- we have one in town and things frequently ship on the day they're supposed to arrive (and are often delivered by just some guy in like a Kia Sorento or whatever)

Fair point, I live in a shipping gold zone, Amazon hub and a usps sorting facility just down the street, also 20 minutes from a major airport.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A non-movie thing I ordered and picked no-rush shipping on because I didn’t want it showing up till next week at my house went ahead and shipped. So now I have to run home to get it tomorrow so it doesn’t sit on the porch for the better part of a week.

You don’t get two day shipping anymore unless you don’t want it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Kingtheninja posted:

I had the big brain move to split all my Amazon orders up and give them all no-rush shipping so I’ve got like 4 boxes showing up on the 19th and getting $6 in no-rush digital store credit for my trouble.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

PinkoBastard posted:

Forgot the work print is included in the new ROTLD 4K - this is epic as hell

Oooh, any notable differences in the cuts?

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

ruddiger posted:

Oooh, any notable differences in the cuts?

To be honest with you I haven’t watched the work print in over a decade, but if my memory serves me correctly they are very significantly different - lots of different and extended scenes. I’m excited to check it out again!

Thatoaklandkid
May 21, 2006
For folks with all-region players (panasonic trick worked for me), I recommend picking up the Arrow release of Exorcist 3. It includes the "director's cut" which is an approximation of Blatty's original vision for the film using whatever scraps they could dig up (including wildly different final third, etc.). A really cool new take on an already amazing movie.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

It's also available in Region A from Scream Factory, although it may be OOP.

This Is the Zodiac fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Oct 13, 2022

Thatoaklandkid
May 21, 2006

This Is the Zodiac posted:

It's also available in Region A from Scream Factory, although it may be OOP.

Yes it is! Good call - a spooky season treat folks https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/the-exorcist-iii-collector-s-edition?product_id=4752

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Best Buy is so weird sometimes. Went in there yesterday and they bizarrely had like 5 copies of the Criterion Night of the Living Dead 4k. I've been going to this Best Buy for almost a decade and never once seen any Criterion there.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Night of the living dead seems like a pretty shelf stable movie to keep around in the most expensive format as possible, especially this month.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Someone else somewhere else said the SKU number dictates retail availability, Night being 7 digits, with eight-digit stuff being digipak stuff like Lost Highway I guess? Makes no sense to me.

I'm guessing the fancier/more fragile packaging stuff is going to get more returns than the scanvo clear cases?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
That makes sense but you'd think there would've been other instances of Criterions with the basic plastic case popping up at Best Buy in the past ten years. It's not like Criterion never releases popular stuff. Who knows, maybe it's a policy change and I'll start seeing them regularly, which would be awesome(ly bad for my bank account).

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Basebf555 posted:

That makes sense but you'd think there would've been other instances of Criterions with the basic plastic case popping up at Best Buy in the past ten years. It's not like Criterion never releases popular stuff. Who knows, maybe it's a policy change and I'll start seeing them regularly, which would be awesome(ly bad for my bank account).

Yeah no clue. It's also weirdly available at my best buys for pickup too, but nothing else.

Maybe this is a bold new move for best buy, though, they sell them online anyway so they must be stocking them. Unless they do some kind of drop shipper dealio

e: one whole copy of written in the wind which was feb of this year, at a store 15 miles away too. that's the only other "new" release available for pickup...maybe there's a few mythical best buys out there with an entire CC section

e2: i'm an idiot and missed the filter by store pickup, it found another 11 titles in the normal search range-

Blow Out [4K Ultra HD Blu-ray/Blu-ray] [Criterion Collection] [1981]
Klute [Criterion Collection] [Blu-ray] [1971]
A Story from Chikamatsu [Criterion Collection] [Blu-ray] [1954]
Barry Lyndon [Criterion Collection] [Blu-ray] [1975]
The Story of the Last Chrysanthemum [Criterion Collection] [Blu-ray] [1939]
The American Friend [Criterion Collection] [Blu-ray] [1977]
The Life of Oharu [Criterion Collection] [Blu-ray] [1952]
Sansho the Bailiff [Criterion Collection] [Blu-ray] [1954]
America Lost and Found: The BBS Story [Criterion Collection] [6 Discs] [Blu-ray]
The Wages of Fear [Criterion Collection] [Blu-ray] [1953]

And most of these are 8 digit so I have no idea what that dude was on about. Maybe it's for 4k only since blow out and night both have 7 digits..who knows

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 13, 2022

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
My understanding is that 7-digit BBY SKUs are outright Best Buy’s stock. 8-digit are more… direct from MFG/drop ship. I’ve seen it mostly w Arrow and similar labels.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
Get hype, fellow monster movie schlock fans:

https://twitter.com/KaijuNewsOutlet/status/1580643229048852480?t=JGgeY53fKAjqU3n74_Y_ZA&s=19

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

I’m in!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

So I currently just have movies anywhere for digital copies, but I'm starting to gather more codes from places that don't work with it (wb, paramount). Do those other places have a separate app for watching digital copies? Or are they just browser based?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Kingtheninja posted:

So I currently just have movies anywhere for digital copies, but I'm starting to gather more codes from places that don't work with it (wb, paramount). Do those other places have a separate app for watching digital copies? Or are they just browser based?

You pick a store to apply the code to. My last paramount code gave me a choice between iTunes or Vudu. Best practice is to kinda pick a favorite and just send all your Paramounts and Lionsgates there. I'm pretty sure WB does MoviesAnywhere, FWIW.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah for some reason, I couldn't redeem WB codes on movies anywhere. I had to go to the wb site, redeem the code then choose vudu or movies anywhere. I just created a vudu account and linked it to movies anywhere so that took care of most of it. Now I need to mess with paramount stuff and see if I can get it sent over to vudu.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Hot take: I would willingly give up digital codes and blu-ray copies if it meant a cheaper UHD price point.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Combo packs are good for future proofing.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Code in the box means I'm done buying the movie once I get the UHD. I've got a physical copy of it that's so high quality I could project it in a small theater and it'll look good, and I've got a copy I can watch on the other TVs that don't have or need a UHD player, or a portable device. Code in the box good. Paramount, get on MoviesAnywhere already.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1580693447027015681

:sickos:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lol

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I grabbed crouching tiger yesterday also, the uhd was something like 15 bucks on amazon.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Walmart presents Terrifier 2

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

My Indicator order shipped. I wasn’t expecting them to do it until after the sale was over. Seems like that’s what happened last time.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
The Wal-Mart version of Terrifier 2 will probably feature all the gore of the other versions but all the bad words will be badly dubbed like a USA Network movie.

*woman watches her friend get mutilated*
"Leave her alone you mother[feather] [clown]sucker!"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Art the Clown hands all his victims’ families a Bible

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
Uh, ordering from Arrow Video UK incurs sale tax when ordering from the US? I don't ever remember that happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

lol i ordered it. i dont even have the first one, but I'd like to.