Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Randalor posted:

So they're going to find Alex dead in his studio tomorrow when he drank himself to death, aren't they?

Either that or he'll be in a no-extradition country by Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

As per Elizabeth Williamson on her NYT blog:

"Jones’s lawyer, Norm Pattis, is staring straight ahead, looking stunned."

Really Norm?

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

ilmucche posted:

And what's the significance of this being "defamation and slander past and future"? does that mean that if jones continues to go after them on his show they can't do anything?

ianal but I think it covers the future damages from what he already said

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

ilmucche posted:

And what's the significance of this being "defamation and slander past and future"? does that mean that if jones continues to go after them on his show they can't do anything?

No, it covers ongoing damage from the previous statements

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1580285826545889280
I knew you couldn't stay away, Jordan

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Jones is gonna have to work that billion off by doubling up on shifts and weekends.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Borscht posted:

ianal but I think it covers the future damages from what he already said

So, in effect, consequences of his past lies that have not happened yet, but not covering any future lies. Correct?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
It's over.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

GIT REKT

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Jury pictured playing vampire survivors with jones' bank account

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Well, I just tuned into the show and not surprisingly he's working the pills and the book very heavily

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

LifeSunDeath posted:

Jones is gonna have to work that billion off by doubling up on shifts and weekends.

He just said on his show emergency broadcast later tonight if I heard him correct.

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
Price Is Right Rules, this is almost certainly 1.5 Billion AFTER Attorneys Fees. I don't know if Punitive was supposed to be brought up after the Compensatory here, or if that goes with the lawyers...but holy gently caress is a billion dollars worth it.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Baron von Eevl posted:

So, in effect, consequences of his past lies that have not happened yet, but not covering any future lies. Correct?

with the heaviest of disclaimers because I am a moron, yes

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I hope the Knowledge Fight boys (along with their friends from the Cognitive Dissonance podcast) buy the desk in the Info Wars studio fire sale.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
Oh god these poor jurors. Hopefully what they've seen in this trial has convinced them to keep their service anonymous.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Digital Jedi posted:

He just said on his show emergency broadcast later tonight if I heard him correct.

Even better, it's a 16 hour emergency broadcast!

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

So just to be clear punitive damages come later? Or did this include both?

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
lol at cnn's update:
The jury awarded nearly $1 billion to the Sandy Hook families and a first responder who sued Alex Jones.

This is a significant victory for the plaintiffs.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

OneMoreTime posted:

Even better, it's a 16 hour emergency broadcast!

With chemical support from Mike Lindell?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

time to pull the endtimes ripcord since debts are due

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

Info wars is now being run by a state proxy and Alex was not very subtle with his money moving

Right, and the American Justice system's track record with rich white dude's hiding money through fake companies is.... poor, which is why I was curious if anything concrete had been done.

But it doesn't look it, so it'll probably just be Alex being loud in court for years on end

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Got the notification on my phone, chuckled, and thought "boy it would be great if this typo was accurate."

:lol: that it was.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
God drat lol

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lol my friend had one of those

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/BrandyZadrozny/status/1580285490334310401?s=20&t=YRwCUNU757La47CJdlk1lw
Oh poo poo he reacted

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

I am not one of those fancy law people but I don't think the courts like it when you just say out loud that you don't plan on paying a judgement

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Kalli posted:

Right, and the American Justice system's track record with rich white dude's hiding money through fake companies is.... poor, which is why I was curious if anything concrete had been done.

I'd normally agree, except for 1) Jones is a shithead and has done a miserably bad job of actually hiding his assets in ways that can't be easily unraveled, and 2) he's already manage to seriously piss off his bankruptcy judge. So yeah, he still could escape the weight now descending on him from great height, but I'm less certain than I normally would be for a rich white rear end in a top hat.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
It is a good day.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kalli posted:

But it doesn't look it, so it'll probably just be Alex being loud in court for years on end

Yea but that is with rich people who are competent or else understand you should hire people to be competent for you.

Alex…..is not that

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Punitive damages are just the attorneys fees. They’re awarded later because they have to subit their hours and bills to the judge.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

goatface posted:

You can when the stone is full of blood.

My dad said you can't squeeze blood from a stone. He also said you can't squeeze blood from a hamster, but I fuckin' showed him.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

B-Rock452 posted:

I am not one of those fancy law people but I don't think the courts like it when you just say out loud that you don't plan on paying a judgement

I believe he's got separate court sanctions coming and that will definitely come up during them.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lol

Lord Harbor
Apr 17, 2005
Bruce Campbell: You've stolen my heart, but you'll never take my freedom
Nap Ghost

Faust IX posted:

"WE HAVE REACHED OUR UNANIMOUS VERDICT"

Best words.

I saw 200 new posts in this thread and prepared myself for the worst, then I saw this post and relaxed :toot:

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1580284630678507521?s=20&t=wpJTgK1lZNviW4EF5D6kWw

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Whats the dollar value in assets that FSS owns? Can they just be forced to liquidate everything in order to pay?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

lol

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Punitive damages are just the attorneys fees. They’re awarded later because they have to subit their hours and bills to the judge.

Normally this is true. However under the CUTPA claims the plaintiffs brought up the judge can also choose to award punitive damages for that. Those damages are uncapped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

Holy poo poo these awards