Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Proust Malone posted:

It’s not the constitution but the other holy scripture of the founders does literally begin with “When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another…”

It’s fun pretending to ignore slavery entirely and read someone like Calhoun be entirely correct about how terrible northern capital was.

The constitution does have a mechanism (amendments) where by it can be modified so as to allow a state to leave the union.

Like, you can’t be all, “it’s out right to choose our laws through the democratic process” and then when you don’t like those laws just break your bonds and walk off. You know, the whole “we the people” bit is the thing that makes the country a country. Saying you can just ignore that democratic result nullifies the whole deal and then you’re just another authoritarian despot putting your will above others.

Rebelling from a king whose will has been forced upon you by right of arms is actually entirely different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1579276130951258112?s=20

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

white evangelical a racist you say? whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

He does have a point, if the slaves didn't like slavery they should have used their democratic rights to change the laws.

Checkmate.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Geshtal posted:

Why are they jumping out of the plane with life preservers instead of parachutes?

to help them preserve their life :downs:

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Murgos posted:

The constitution does have a mechanism (amendments) where by it can be modified so as to allow a state to leave the union.

Like, you can’t be all, “it’s out right to choose our laws through the democratic process” and then when you don’t like those laws just break your bonds and walk off. You know, the whole “we the people” bit is the thing that makes the country a country. Saying you can just ignore that democratic result nullifies the whole deal and then you’re just another authoritarian despot putting your will above others.

Rebelling from a king whose will has been forced upon you by right of arms is actually entirely different.

Look, you can’t just not buy the stamps. They were properly passed by the parliament. I didn’t see any of you complaining when we sent the army into the interior to kick some French rear end. Oh but now it’s time to pay for your own defense and you’re all “ohh my poor rights of Englishmen are being trampled.” Boo loving hoo.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Gyges posted:

Those are Soviet parachutes.

It's just a bunch of loving PENCILS

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

This is the most batshit white man's burden remix I've ever seen.

It's not those loving idiot moron's fault that they're in league with Satan, not after what we did to them. Those worthless motherfucking drains on society really got worked over bad, after all.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh this is all post hoc reasoning for why it's moral for evangelicals to vote for a guy who has paid for at least one abortion over a guy who's an actual Christian minister. Of course it's incoherent, it's impossible to reconcile.

https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/1579788950696185859

I'm shocked here fellas

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

zoux posted:

I'm shocked here fellas

https://twitter.com/firedup79/status/1579802126389489664?s=20&t=l48GDk_ExIVXi2WmmN9OpQ

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Why does everyone seem to think she's some Russian plant?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

PittTheElder posted:

Liberals think Russia is behind everything bad, leftists think the CIA is, and the right thinks Soros/the Jews and/or a pedophile cabal are.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

PittTheElder posted:

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1509330152735584262

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

She's just a contrarian, she frequently appears on Tucker, even guest hosting for him - his program is stolidly anti-NATO and pro-Russia and frequently shown in excerpt on Russian political shows. She supported Assad ffs. I don't think she's a Russian cutout but in her reflexive opposition to the post WWII international order in the name of anti-imperialism, she ends up on the side of Baathists and what is clearly a revanchist imperial campaign from the world's most reactionary state. She is a useful idiot. I don't have a comment on if she's sincere in her beliefs or if she just sees it as a path to popularity. Oh also she's a massive bigot, she definitely hates Indian Muslims and possibly all Muslims and supports Modi

zoux fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 11, 2022

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Liberals think Russia is behind everything bad, leftists think the CIA is, and the right thinks Soros/the Jews and/or a pedophile cabal are.

If you blame your failures on the Russians, you never have to take that long look in the mirror to wonder if your failures are really yours.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

zoux posted:

Oh this is all post hoc reasoning for why it's moral for evangelicals to vote for a guy who has paid for at least one abortion over a guy who's an actual Christian minister. Of course it's incoherent, it's impossible to reconcile.

https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/1579788950696185859

I'm shocked here fellas

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

For some reason, this is supposed to be scandalous

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Republicans think the Democrats are letting illegals bring in fentanyl, every nextdoor/facebook gif & meme of biden mentions drugs or addiction.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

zoux posted:

A dad telling his struggling son he loves him? What a snowflake!

I'm dreading having to hear about Hunter Biden investigations ad nauseam when 2023 starts.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

zoux posted:

It's because CHUDs don't understand the concept of "love" in any sense.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PT6A posted:

It's because CHUDs don't understand the concept of "love" in any sense.

Sounds like free love was too tame for them

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

PittTheElder posted:

She refused to get any sort of Cold Warrior ideal, bond, heritage, or background. Instead going all in on a strange Religious Cult build that causes glitches in people not looking for a religious wing nut in our current ideological screwball political ecosystem.

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I'm not saying the CIA is behind everything bad. I am saying that they almost always at least have a rep in the room with who is.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
Aside from the obvious Trump failchildren parallels, the really funny part about the whole chud obsession with Hunter is that unlike the Clintons or even Obamas, the airing of the Bidens' dirty laundry always ends up making Joe look more sympathetic and relatable as a politician.

There's no connections to Epstein, no schmoozing with rock stars, etc. Just a father who's had to deal with huge personal loss and handle a drug-addled son who can't stop loving up but in ways that most Americans find endearing or admirable.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

MeinPanzer posted:

Aside from the obvious Trump failchildren parallels, the really funny part about the whole chud obsession with Hunter is that unlike the Clintons or even Obamas, the airing of the Bidens' dirty laundry always ends up making Joe look more sympathetic and relatable as a politician.

There's no connections to Epstein, no schmoozing with rock stars, etc. Just a father who's had to deal with huge personal loss and handle a drug-addled son who can't stop loving up but in ways that most Americans find endearing or admirable.

Which does suck because Biden is, make no mistake, a piece of poo poo like every other president.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Seems like a good dad though

zoux fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Oct 11, 2022

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Which like yes, low bar etc but just look at the previous guy...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/julia_kanin/status/1579524183109033985

Lol for sure, lady who was no more than five in 2003.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

zoux posted:

Wow, something actually relatable, this will surely finish him off.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

zoux posted:

It is insane to look back on but what does she expect of people.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

zoux posted:

Seems like a good dad though

Is Creepy Joe just driving up and snatching strippers, or is there a new job training/educational grant program for strippers that Diamond Joe snuck into a spending bill?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Gyges posted:

Is Creepy Joe just driving up and snatching strippers, or is there a new job training/educational grant program for strippers that Diamond Joe snuck into a spending bill?

They are praising Biden for improving the economy enough that the dancers were able to get high paying jobs and/or into college

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008

Gyges posted:

I interpreted it as a joke about student loan forgiveness.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not even Canadian but immediately thought Ah, Alberta, of course.

Haven't followed how the British are reacting to the clusterfuck but even The Economist is getting to mock her now

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Some business/finance oriented newspapers can be absolutely savage.

Here's an excerpt from an editorial from the Financial Times that was just published.

quote:

Some long-dated gilts have crashed more than bitcoin this year. UK 10-year borrowing costs are near those of Italy. A deeply unhelpful rift — more reminiscent of emerging markets than a G7 economy — is growing between ministers and the central bank over who caused turbulence in financial markets. In short order, Liz Truss’s government has presided over less Britannia Unchained — the book she and her chancellor, Kwasi Kwarteng, co-authored — and more Britannia Unhinged.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/AdamWeinstein/status/1580617728867827715

Everyone is acting real shocked by this but as I recall it was plain as day that his plan was to cast doubt on the election the night of. That was the whole point of all those Rust Belt states preventing EV/mail-in precanvassing, to get exactly the red mirage that people were talking about weeks before the election

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamWeinstein/status/1580617728867827715

Everyone is acting real shocked by this but as I recall it was plain as day that his plan was to cast doubt on the election the night of. That was the whole point of all those Rust Belt states preventing EV/mail-in precanvassing, to get exactly the red mirage that people were talking about weeks before the election

Jeb Bush but swole

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Proust Malone posted:

Jeb Bush but swole

Please lift

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hell yeah i'd box baby hitler

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

zoux posted:

The "no condemnation" bit is bullshit but televised and celebrated? Libs loved that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i called in sick to school so i could watch that tank pull down the dumb saddam statue