Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Barcelona getting their money’s worth lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Cleverly avoiding the most dangerous scoreline by letting the other team score first again

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I'm hoping those magical money levers Barcleona were betting their future on were pulled with the expectation they'd be making it out of the knockout stage this year

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
And that Inter can hold on for 15 minutes

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

nice hattrick for mo hahaha

Rangers haven't been trying for about 20 minutes now

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

And that Inter can hold on for 15 minutes

Boo

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Liverpool are going to win the (Scottish) Premier(ship) League

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
How poo poo are Rangers then? Salah didn't have a sniff at goal against Arsenal and now scores a hat trick in 7 minutes? lol

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Lmao (mostly at mo hugging harvey during the hour wait for var)

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

the penalty more was one thing but that pass to Gil ugh

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Holy Moley

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

T Bowl posted:

How poo poo are Rangers then? Salah didn't have a sniff at goal against Arsenal and now scores a hat trick in 7 minutes? lol

Imagine the scoreline if Van Dijk gets injured on Sunday, and Liverpool try to defend against Haaland with Gomez and Matip.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

This Inter-Barca match was nuts

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Looks like the fastest CL hattrick by Mo tonight?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

spurs somehow feels worse than they did at the end of last season despite having added some pretty good players to the squad

it's a little strange

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Bit disappointing that.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

T Bowl posted:

l
i
v
e
r
p
o
o

7oo Easy

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

greazeball posted:

Looks like the fastest CL hattrick by Mo tonight?

*Rangers lol

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Total Meatlove posted:

Imagine the scoreline if Van Dijk gets injured on Sunday, and Liverpool try to defend against Haaland with Gomez and Matip.

believe it or not matip is also injured lol it would be gomez and nat phillips

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

also just lmao at barcelona, now lets all put our support behind big karim and co. to bring them back to reality in la liga too

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
We all hate Barcelona, the Leeds of the UCL

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Spuckuk posted:

7oo Easy

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

tbp posted:

big ibou no?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

tbp posted:

What’s up inexplicable centre back injuries buddy.

GvB in the press conference looked like he was gonna throttle someone, I think a fair few of them might have made their last European appearance this season. Sunday they play Motherwell and hopefully there’s 5 or 6 changes.

loving Napoli to finish as well :smithicide:

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

V. Illych L. posted:

spurs somehow feels worse than they did at the end of last season despite having added some pretty good players to the squad

it's a little strange

I think missing Kulusevski is big and only really Lenglet and Richarlison are pushing for a first team place at the moment.

It is a little strange, though it was good to see Gil last night.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:lol: Ben Davies is being assessed for a thigh injury

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
At the start of September I was thinking how well Scottish football was doing with two teams in the CL and another in the conference league.

It's all been downhill since McGregor hit the post against Madrid

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Her Dryer posted:

At the start of September I was thinking how well Scottish football was doing with two teams in the CL and another in the conference league.

It's all been downhill since McGregor hit the post against Madrid

Rangers were so poo poo last night in that second half it was genuinely impressive

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Bodo/Glimt are really going for it.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Marquinhos has looked really poor the few times he's played, would be nice to have another backup for Saka/Martinelli but he needs to improve a lot of he's going to be that

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

If Jesus get's injured and we're left with Nketiah leading the line we're done (though hopefully Arteta will just stick Martinelli up top)

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Just Chamber posted:

If Jesus get's injured and we're left with Nketiah leading the line we're done (though hopefully Arteta will just stick Martinelli up top)

I think Nketiah might do ok if he has a run of games but yeah, Jesus and Partey are the main guys who if they become injured the whole team will be at a lower level.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I have a fondness for europa silliness because I remember getting massively invested in Fulham's improbable run to the final that one time

I bring this up because 1) europa>champions league and 2) west ham are going to have an improbable run to the europa blue square conference final that will create another generation of football watchers that get weirdly hype for skonto riga vs Dundee united on a Thursday night

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

sourdough posted:

Marquinhos has looked really poor the few times he's played, would be nice to have another backup for Saka/Martinelli but he needs to improve a lot of he's going to be that

Yeah he did not look good today, was playing like he’d have earned a red if he was a starter.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

the sex ghost posted:

I have a fondness for europa silliness because I remember getting massively invested in Fulham's improbable run to the final that one time

I bring this up because 1) europa>champions league and 2) west ham are going to have an improbable run to the europa blue square conference final that will create another generation of football watchers that get weirdly hype for skonto riga vs Dundee united on a Thursday night

Peak Dempsey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2lwKrQYjtw

Boro was fun too that one time

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

gently caress it, despite the music (which is atrocious from start to finish), this is a decent youtube recap of that Europa run from Fulham.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz3ehKzRUpc

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Akbar posted:

big ibou no?

oh right he's back, mb

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

the Europa League definitely has higher variance, from trips to the Arctic Circle on a 3G pitch to clubs that have won the big-eared cup once or twice. Arsenal's period on Thursday nights has been a wilder ride, because we've had "knocked out by Olympiacos, who also maybe gave Arteta COVID" to "losing in the final" and everything in between. Beats the monotony of being knocked out by Barca or Bayern in the last 16 every year.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
i really hope when barca go down they find a way to knock arsenal out of europa for some throwback lols

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

yeah i must admit i think i like europa more than the CL now that the selection of teams that make it to the CL is so narrow. i can only get worked up over man city-bayern so many times, let alone all the english clubs going at it against each other

plus you get to see people whine about teams north of the arctic circle having astroturf pitches