Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Robobot posted:

No one is gonna judge you if you just wanna tell us you still live with your parents.

It is probably about to happen I will not lie

I bet a lot of goons' parents are getting pretty banged up these days considering the average age here

Manager Hoyden has a new favorite as of 16:28 on Oct 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

You always have the most boring loving opinions.

Owned

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Robobot posted:

No one is gonna judge you if you just wanna tell us you still live with your parents.

Room mates

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Manager Hoyden posted:

PHUO: the loss of the multigenerational household as a cultural norm was a gigantic own-goal

I agree but I would prefer a multigen household with more privacy than the good ol days

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Ohtori Akio posted:

I agree but I would prefer a multigen household with more privacy than the good ol days

I've always wondered how that worked. Did they not gently caress as much or did they just care less about loving with family members in the house?

I guess back in the old days it would have been substantially easier to find a secluded barn or stand of trees for private loving but it still doesn't sound very fun.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

the holy poopacy posted:

I've always wondered how that worked. Did they not gently caress as much or did they just care less about loving with family members in the house?

I guess back in the old days it would have been substantially easier to find a secluded barn or stand of trees for private loving but it still doesn't sound very fun.

If you’re referring to the Middle Ages in Europe they didn’t even have rooms. Like feral cats they were.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Most of the records we have of that time were from the upper castes who used the idea of sexual modesty as a class signal

Peasants just hosed where they were which is natural I guess but also very gross to my giant modern brain

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
You are correct, it is gross, because they're peasants.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Aramek posted:

You are correct, it is gross, because they're peasants.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Manager Hoyden posted:

a lot of goons' parents are getting pretty banged up these days

Your mom especially

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

How dare you

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Just go into the woods and gently caress

Ppl still do it!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Collapsing Farts posted:

Just go into the woods and gently caress

Ppl still do it!

What if there aren’t any woods nearby

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

thetoughestbean posted:

What if there aren’t any woods nearby

You only need 1 wood

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, just go into the 1 wood and gently caress

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It would be so hard to get someone to gently caress me in the woods.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Mental health issues being the most prominent they've ever been is probably strongly linked to the current "thou must not offend" culture.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Mental health issues being the most prominent they've ever been is probably strongly linked to the current "thou must not offend" culture.

lol no. It's entirely because people are lonelier than ever and there is less hope for the future than ever.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

JollyBoyJohn posted:

How are these things even slightly correlated?

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Its a combination of social anomie peaking right when social media took over

Like we were starving and the only food around was poison

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
actually yeah you are probably right its more of a social media thing,

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
There was a huge stigma about mental health issues in past generations. They very much existed in vast numbers of people but speaking about it led to the "funny farm" or getting your "head shrunk."

Frances Farmer may not get her revenge on Seattle though.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I think that the increase in awareness of mental health problems is because of the things that upset me, not the things that upset you

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The story in Vice City is better than San Andreas'.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Just about everything in Vice City is better than San Andreas because it was focused. I’m sure there’s someone out there who desperately needed the ability to play pool in GTA, and that person somehow worked at Rockstar.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Yeah I think some of the problems of later GTA games ("Let's go bowling, cousin!") probably had their origin in San Andreas. I'm thinking specifically of the piloting and driving missions about 2/3rds through the game.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
San Andreas was the only GTA game I've cared about playing until the end. All the extra stuff like the dating and playing pool etc I didn't really care about (I liked the flying though), but I have over 1k hours playing it and less than 10 in the other ones. The other ones just didn't do it for me. I bought 4 and couldn't last more than a few hours because I kept dying from crashing into everything. I like realism in some games, but I draw the line at being forced into not driving like a moron in my GTA games.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Blue Moonlight posted:

Just about everything in Vice City is better than San Andreas because it was focused. I’m sure there’s someone out there who desperately needed the ability to play pool in GTA, and that person somehow worked at Rockstar.

I'm sure we are all on the same page but Vice City was mostly based on Scarface. San Andreas was a pastiche of Training Day.

There were dumb scenes in VC but I prefer SA and having Jackson play Washington's character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI29DkMdKmQ

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

GTA IV's driving is excellent, easily the best of the whole series

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Star Wars was never good.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Blue Moonlight posted:

San Andreas has better controls and world map.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

yeah I eat rear end posted:

San Andreas was the only GTA game I've cared about playing until the end. All the extra stuff like the dating and playing pool etc I didn't really care about (I liked the flying though), but I have over 1k hours playing it and less than 10 in the other ones. The other ones just didn't do it for me. I bought 4 and couldn't last more than a few hours because I kept dying from crashing into everything. I like realism in some games, but I draw the line at being forced into not driving like a moron in my GTA games.

For me it's Vice City. I didn't dislike San Andreas at all; its story and setting just didn't do anything for me. Neither did IV; I quit playing it shortly after opening up Algonquin.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I think Vice City is the one that needs a remake the most because there's some fun ideas but the gameplay is really bad. Lease the Fox engine from Konami and just keep the story the same.

hawowanlawow posted:

GTA IV's driving is excellent, easily the best of the whole series

I agree with this about cars, although motorcycles were almost impossible to control without dying until the Lost and the Damned put some drivable ones out. Or maybe Nico just didn't know how to ride?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Aside from dying so much while driving, the thing that really put me off of 4 and presumably 5 is playing multiple characters. That isn't appealing to me at all. I just want to be one guy in a game.

also the smart phone stuff. The cell phone stuff in SA was annoying but at least I only had to press the one button to answer the call and didn't have to add contacts and call people myself or whatever.

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 00:14 on Oct 13, 2022

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I'm maybe the only person in the entire world that liked GTA better when it was just a simple top down crime simulator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QJTekADbK0

Fun little walk down memory lane with this one!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

If we're talking about GTA music: K-rose in san andreas was the best GTA radio station out of all of them. There's just something relaxing about running over people and causing major traffic accidents while all my exes live in texas plays.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
IIRC you only play one guy in GTA4. Unless you're talking about the DLCs

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

christmas boots posted:

IIRC you only play one guy in GTA4. Unless you're talking about the DLCs

Maybe I got it mixed up with what I read about 5 (I did not get far at all into 4 before getting frustrated and uninstalling), but I know in at least one you switch between characters as it goes on.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

If we're talking about GTA music: K-rose in san andreas was the best GTA radio station out of all of them. There's just something relaxing about running over people and causing major traffic accidents while all my exes live in texas plays.

I'm not even all that much into country music but that station rocked. Vice City is responsible for getting me into '80s pop and rock, mostly through Flash FM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Aside from dying so much while driving, the thing that really put me off of 4 and presumably 5 is playing multiple characters. That isn't appealing to me at all. I just want to be one guy in a game.

also the smart phone stuff. The cell phone stuff in SA was annoying but at least I only had to press the one button to answer the call and didn't have to add contacts and call people myself or whatever.

V is really good in that you can play as multiple characters. That you're forced to is annoying but I don't want to be a dad or a meth addict and welp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUbso81YOM0

The scene when Franklin has done all the dirty deals and goes to his mansion and lights up is oddly different from the one where he is having self-esteem issues.

I hope I'm not the only one who heard that but definitely identified with it.