Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Like people doomscrolling about making Alex Jones pay the money. He's hosed. He has to pay. Shuffling funds around might work when you're doing it right, have the trust of the court, and good lawyers. But Alex Jones is not smart. He's doing it in obvious ways and multiple courts have him dead to rights on lying. At some point he will be absolutely criminally liable if he continues along this path. And then they can just carve up everything while he's behind bars.

There is no way out of this. His idiocy led him to this point. Take an anxiety pill. This is a day of celebration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Last Chance posted:

Sorry if this has been asked about already, just catching up with stuff today. What if Jones just .. doesn't pay and perpetually slows down any enforcement processes?

They can seize assets and/or throw him in jail. Bankruptcy court is already very unhappy with Mr Jones

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Last Chance posted:

Sorry if this has been asked about already, just catching up with stuff today. What if Jones just .. doesn't pay and perpetually slows down any enforcement processes?

He doesn't have a choice. Eventually the state will just seize all the assets and auction them.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

InsertPotPun posted:

i love that jones rotates randomly between "i have the number one book in the entire world" and "i have no money"

Fascist messaging in a nutshell. We’re the best and also under dire threat by an enemy who is both cunning and pathetic.

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Was Art Bell really as harmless as I remember? Because I remember being a 90s kid and lolling at bigfoot and area 51 and all that but did it pave the way for these freaks who bought into this poo poo and harassed parents of dead children?

Unfortunately not. The man himself was a right wing prick though (probably) not a fascist, but his style of credulous interviewing (feigned to varying degrees depending on your view ) had a lot of impact.

For a while he at least paid lip service to keeping overt politics out of his show but as many people note the ‘classic’ antisemitic conspiracies were always there.

the yeti fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 13, 2022

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Now we find out if Thiel *really* likes Alex. That is if it’s true that he’s the one who sent the mystery $8 million in bitcoin.

E: Alex is almost certainly committing wire fraud as we speak.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 13, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Alex’s best bet is to flee the country now. I’m not kidding. Even then he won’t be able to maintain his current lifestyle. I bet his ex wife is howling with laughter right about now.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Grand Fromage posted:

He doesn't have a choice. Eventually the state will just seize all the assets and auction them.

This was brought up by Mark Bankston, in that they can get a court order and just start seizing assets.

Like, being able to show up with a sheriff or bailiff and just start seizing Infowars computers, to start.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I finally found a good place to put those stickers.

Makes about as much sense as sticking them on a gas pump.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

red19fire posted:

Now we find out if Thiel *really* likes Alex. That is if it’s true that he’s the one who sent the mystery $8 million in bitcoin.

I'm not concerned about this either. If Thiel or Elon Musk bail out Jones, that's still a 1 billion dollar defamation charge that he's eating. And that's not sustainable. This verdict is a message to conspiracy theorists out there who make wages on pain and lies.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I'm just projecting fantasy here, know it's not legal decorum, but imagine if you could be the judge and just stare him in the eyes:

"You can't pay the whole thing? Okay. Once everything you and everything associated with you is tracked down and liquidated, every penny you make for the rest of your life is still going to this until you can make the up the billion. Be glad you aren't in prison, it wouldn't go well. Rental assistance and the food bank is that way."

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Frank Frank posted:

Alex’s best bet is to flee the country now. I’m not kidding. Even then he won’t be able to maintain his current lifestyle. I bet his ex wife is howling with laughter right about now.

That makes me wonder, is there any kind of restriction in place on Alex's travel? If he books a one way ticket to Russia tomorrow, will the authorities have any legal mechanism to stop him or could he just do that in broad daylight?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Last Chance posted:

Right now? Not paying is not an option. He hosed around too much during his bankruptcy hearings (big shocker) and the judge put a government auditor in charge of Infowars' business entity to figure out all his finances. The g-man with the ledger will make sure it gets paid.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Infowars.com has the 'please help me' fund up already.
And everything on the store seems to be half price atm too.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Devils Affricate posted:

That makes me wonder, is there any kind of restriction in place on Alex's travel? If he books a one way ticket to Russia tomorrow, will the authorities have any legal mechanism to stop him or could he just do that in broad daylight?

No. This is a civil trial, not criminal. He can absolutely leave the country and is probably his best bet for avoiding this judgment. Granted, everything here will be seized that isn’t bolted down but whatever he has squirreled away might be safe-ish depending on where he goes

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Last Chance posted:

then someone will show up at Alex Jones' bank with a court order saying "see all the money in this account? yeah, that belongs to the plaintiffs now, transfer it over"

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Leaving the country is his only real option. He'd still lose everything, but he could start again and nobody could stop him.

Welcome to the new Moscow studio!

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Grand Fromage posted:

Leaving the country is his only real option. He'd still lose everything, but he could start again and nobody could stop him.

Or he does a John McAffee and flees to Equador.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Devils Affricate posted:

He can do it if he wants. This is a civil matter, not a criminal one. But he'd still have to defend his assets which are all in the US or in various shell companies in the US or with treaties with the US. His assets would be seized and auctioned off. Any income he made henceforth in the US or in any country the US has strong treaties with would be seized.

I think that's literally Jones' best option right now - take everything he can that isn't nailed down, throw it in some crypto, and leave for Russia. He can start a little channel there and live reasonably comfortably, if he could calm down and get on the Jordan Peterson Benzo Diet. But then again he's Alex Jones, he'll make enemies no matter where he is, and in Russia he'll learn what state censorship really looks like.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Grand Fromage posted:

It would only take jones about 15 minutes to talk poo poo about the nephew of someone powerful and that would be that

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

ashpanash posted:

He can do it if he wants. This is a civil matter, not a criminal one. But he'd still have to defend his assets which are all in the US or in various shell companies in the US or with treaties with the US. His assets would be seized and auctioned off. Any income he made henceforth in the US or in any country the US has strong treaties with would be seized.

I think that's literally Jones' best option right now - take everything he can that isn't nailed down, throw it in some crypto, and leave for Russia. He can start a little channel there and live reasonably comfortably, if he could calm down and get on the Jordan Peterson Benzo Diet. But then again he's Alex Jones, he'll make enemies no matter where he is, and in Russia he'll learn what state censorship really looks like.

Also a lot of Jones' shell companies are co-owned by Jones' parents, so the government will go after their assets too.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

red19fire posted:

E: Alex is almost certainly committing wire fraud as we speak.
We’ll find out exactly how much Thiel (and Hulk Hogan) like Alex in the 100% real and defamatory sex tape I am mailing to TMZ.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

DeathSandwich posted:

Right now? Not paying is not an option. He hosed around too much during his bankruptcy hearings (big shocker) and the judge put a government auditor in charge of Infowars' business entity to figure out all his finances. The g-man with the ledger will make sure it gets paid.

Seriously, Jones is hosed. Because he hosed things up worse than you will ever gently caress anything up in your lifetime (yes, you, the person reading this post), he's closed off all of the avenues that rich people typically use to avoid consequences. There's a lot of poo poo that can happen still, but Jones isn't escaping a painful, humiliating tearing down of everything he's built. Maybe he'll be dead by the weekend, maybe he'll wind up in prison as the government overseer overturns a mountain of crimes, maybe he'll flee to Russia and start InfoWars 2: Ukraine Has Always Been Russian while living on Putin's dole in a crappy hotel for the rest of his miserable life, maybe he'll be reduced to shouting at people on the street, and maybe he'll keep going as a twitch stream with the families taking 90% of every dollar he ever gets. Whatever the outcome, Alex Jones is suffering and will suffer more.

This isn't me being hopeful. There have been too many people going ":lol: nothing matters" in response to this without understanding how deep the hole Alex Jones has dug for himself really is. He's the goon in the well except we all just went straight to pissing into it while he kept digging down.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Random Stranger posted:

Seriously, Jones is hosed. Because he hosed things up worse than you will ever gently caress anything up in your lifetime (yes, you, the person reading this post), he's closed off all of the avenues that rich people typically use to avoid consequences. There's a lot of poo poo that can happen still, but Jones isn't escaping a painful, humiliating tearing down of everything he's built. Maybe he'll be dead by the weekend, maybe he'll wind up in prison as the government overseer overturns a mountain of crimes, maybe he'll flee to Russia and start InfoWars 2: Ukraine Has Always Been Russian while living on Putin's dole in a crappy hotel for the rest of his miserable life, maybe he'll be reduced to shouting at people on the street, and maybe he'll keep going as a twitch stream with the families taking 90% of every dollar he ever gets. Whatever the outcome, Alex Jones is suffering and will suffer more.

This isn't me being hopeful. There have been too many people going ":lol: nothing matters" in response to this without understanding how deep the hole Alex Jones has dug for himself really is. He's the goon in the well except we all just went straight to pissing into it while he kept digging down.

you don't have to pay your billion dollar obligations if the entire global economic system collapses first *points to forehead*

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Also, a lot of the people that avoid facing that kind of legal consequence are usually smart enough to listen to their lawyers and accountants, and are not too toxic that they can’t get decent ones.

Pretty much every lawyer Alex had has either outright said or implied that he runs the show.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

gently caress around and find out indeed

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Jones' whole brand is doubling down. He's gonna have to be carted off in a straight jacket one day to keep him from further violating various legal rulings.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Let’s see that third comma

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

The Butcher posted:

I'm just projecting fantasy here, know it's not legal decorum, but imagine if you could be the judge and just stare him in the eyes:

"You can't pay the whole thing? Okay. Once everything you and everything associated with you is tracked down and liquidated, every penny you make for the rest of your life is still going to this until you can make the up the billion. Be glad you aren't in prison, it wouldn't go well. Rental assistance and the food bank is that way."
No, those things are for people who need help. He should live in a box and eat out of trash cans.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If someone has non-dischargeable debts, how much money do they get allocated per month for living expenses before the rest of their income gets taken?

Could the victims, as the debtors, demand that FSS be wound up and its assets sold immediately so as to bring them the greatest return in the short term, even though that reduces the total percentage of the debt they will be able to recover over time?

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

He's Alex Jones. He'd rather die than run away.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Froghammer posted:

He's Alex Jones. He'd rather die than run away.

We're all okay with that.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

alex should consider the lowtax solution and im not talking about lowering his tax obligations

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Random Stranger posted:

we all just went straight to pissing

New thread title if I have ever seen one

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
The question someone asked about bitcoin and Jones' wallet, whether or not it could be garnished here. I don't think it -can-, but at some point there is going to be a legitimate audit of his bitcoin wallet. The one that is directly linked as the DONATE TO INFOWARS Bitcoin address. And it's...well, I'm not a crypto nerd, but I've seen people do poo poo like marking massive amounts of locations in the block chain transactions. You know, to make sure that if someone is stupid enough to shuffle money around that they end up doing something akin to if not outright laundering money and committing international wire fraud.

It's going to be wonderful if THAT'S what gets Jones thrown in prison, with the IRS coming after him.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I’m hoping that whenever the outcome (because god I’m still so guarded with hearing good news on these things) the affected families get enough money to uproot and live very comfortable lives in Western Europe or something away from the weird Q crazies jones has stalking them.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

420 :420: unread posts? Verdict must be out, now to brace and read the thread.

:unsmith:
:unsmigghh:
:sickos:
Sideshow_Bob's_Laughter.avi

gently caress I needed that, this is an happy day. How sharp are the judge knives going to be when she assigns punitives? I assume she started sharpening a whole set from day 1 with how AJ and lawyers behaved in court and out of it.
Also, timeline for possible sanctions to AJ's lawyers? Mostly, when will we know wether the judge has started the sanction process?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

what are the limits of punitive measures that the court can impose? imprisonment? electrical chair?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

buglord posted:

I’m hoping that whenever the outcome (because god I’m still so guarded with hearing good news on these things)

this is not a healthy response to good news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

GreyjoyBastard posted:

this is not a healthy response to good news

it might not be healthy but it is correct