Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I was so convinced that Geo was going home only for them to do the bait-and-switch. I wonder if he had any idea how close he came to going home. He even voted for the wrong person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

whoscookinbacon posted:

Oddly quiet on the new epp tonight....

Definitely oddly quiet. I just assume people no longer live watch TV these days, because honestly who would when you can stream it without the ads?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ApplesandOranges posted:

I was so convinced that Geo was going home only for them to do the bait-and-switch. I wonder if he had any idea how close he came to going home. He even voted for the wrong person.

it sounds like he really was the vote target but lyndsey's paranoia just caused her alliance to devour her instead before she became a liability

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Definitely oddly quiet. I just assume people no longer live watch TV these days, because honestly who would when you can stream it without the ads?
After the ep I went to see what people were saying and found the thread on page 3. Was like Uhh.

Nihonniboku posted:

There was that commercial break where Jeff said be sure not to miss tribal because it was brutal.

Instead we got a fairly mundane blindside. The only interesting thing was that Gio seemed to be left out of the vote plan, unless he voted that way in case there was an idol, but somehow I don't think so.
If I had to guess, I'd say he was in on the plan. I don't see a scenario where Ryan is in on it, but he isn't. But since the plan involved Lindsay writing his name down, he wrote down Cassidy's name as insurance. imo

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

What did you all people think about Vessy helping that other tribe on the challenge? It was funny because right when they finished, they knocked their puzzle down... if they'd just left it up that tribe was next to them and could have quietly copied. But they knock it down and then explicitly help out loud. I thought it was a little bit brutal because they also just robbed Coco's stuff, no? And now they're sending them to Tribal after. Seems sort of like they're openly drawing lines and arbitrarily designating Coco as enemies. In a way, it's... smart? Because Vessy plus Baka at merge would be a majority, so it's a kind of way of putting in ground work to make a merge majority ahead of time. Really unfair for poor Coco though.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It's always quiet during the early days, because it's usually pretty by-the-numbers.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Cody is the poo poo

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Highlight of the episode:

Jeff posted:

Of course I'm gonna front like I trust everyone.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Fast Luck posted:

What did you all people think about Vessy helping that other tribe on the challenge?

It was smart. The other tribe had a numbers advantage, and you don't want that going into the merge, although we've seen before where a tribe goes into the merge with the numbers heavily on their side, but the other tribe fractured because nobody actually liked each other (Samoa).

SalTheBard posted:

Cody is the poo poo

I'm in love

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

They only had one more member than Baka! Now they're equal with Baka. In a way if one tribe gets to stay in tact then it's just more reason for the other two tribes to unite at merge.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Everyone is busy watching the best show on wednesday nights, AEW Dynamite

Lindsey is a perfect example of how not to play the strategic part of survivor lol. As soon as she gave that confessional about being a target because she's a threat in every part of the game I knew her rear end was toast.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

IcePhoenix posted:

Lindsey is a perfect example of how not to play the strategic part of survivor lol. As soon as she gave that confessional about being a target because she's a threat in every part of the game I knew her rear end was toast.

To be fair, when Geo went 'I'm excited for Tribal Council' and 'I feel like I'm calling the shots right now' I also thought he was toast.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ApplesandOranges posted:

To be fair, when Geo went 'I'm excited for Tribal Council' and 'I feel like I'm calling the shots right now' I also thought he was toast.

This is fair because I felt the same way but then Lindsey out toasted him

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

heads up there's new episodes of the genius coming out in the Netherlands, for those who care.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I thought Linds was fine up until her name came up a second time, she really did spiral herself out of the game

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Once Lindsay listed off the reasons her tribe should vote her out, seems pretty obvious the producers were just kind of :lol:ing her out of the game.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
yeah but see I thought the alliances they spent time setting up in the first three episodes were because they'd be important

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Anyone else notice how Karla didn’t say a word during the “negotiations” when Cody came to steal from her tribe but then complained afterwards that they got fleeced? Which they definitely did, genius move on Cody’s part not telling anyone he’s a salesman.

Anyway, I hate people like that.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
Well, they weren’t in a negotiation position. He was there to take something, and they had no way to stop him. They didn’t get fleeced, they got mugged.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
They were able to take 1 reward item. He left with reward item + a bunch of food.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It was kind of sad they didn't get any reactions from Cody's tribe when he returned with the fishing gear AND food and told his tribe that he got them good.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Yeah, at first I thought Cody was going to go rogue and take the machete despite his tribe's wishes, but using the threat of taking the machete as leverage to get the blue tribe to give up fishing gear and some food, when his team sent him to take the fishing gear, was pretty slick.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013

nexous posted:

They were able to take 1 reward item. He left with reward item + a bunch of food.

He was able to take anything that wasn't their flint. They would have been utterly screwed without their machete. This wasn't a negotiation; they had no way of saying 'ok, no deal.' All they could do was make their own decision about what was going to hurt least to lose.

They may or may not have made a good decision in that regard, but it's not like they were idiots trading away stuff that they could have just decided not to trade.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Taking the machete is an empty threat, and a gamble on everyone’s part. We’re about due for a tribe mixup, and lol if he takes the machete and ends up on the macheteless tribe.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

TheCenturion posted:

He was able to take anything that wasn't their flint. They would have been utterly screwed without their machete. This wasn't a negotiation; they had no way of saying 'ok, no deal.' All they could do was make their own decision about what was going to hurt least to lose.

They may or may not have made a good decision in that regard, but it's not like they were idiots trading away stuff that they could have just decided not to trade.

Nah I don’t think he was allowed to take as much as he wanted. He’s allowed to take one thing from their camp (the fishing gear being considered one thing) and he got the fishing gear+ because he made them negotiate away from their machete. They didn’t have to give him the extras, they did it to sweeten the deal so he wouldn’t take their machete.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

nexous posted:

Taking the machete is an empty threat, and a gamble on everyone’s part. We’re about due for a tribe mixup, and lol if he takes the machete and ends up on the macheteless tribe.

It's the same for anything they steal from the tribe. Not having a machete for a few days would be a big hit to their tribe and increase the chance of them losing the upcoming immunity challenges...

And while they could change it up, seasons 41 & 42 didn't have a tribe swap. Just a full merge at 12 players. Since the preview didn't mention it for next week, seems likely they will run the same format this season.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I know the flint was off limits but I kind of wonder why. Tribes lose their flint whenever they get last in whatever challenge now anyway, right? And then win it back when they win or something...idk. But in that case taking the flint seems less extreme than taking the machete.

I admire Cody's killer instinct in desperately wanting to take the machete (and honestly wonder if he was planning on going rogue before they started offering him more stuff), but it's not a team game. Making that tribe miserable only helps if they then start losing every challenge and even then how many challenges are left before merge?

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Fast Luck posted:

I admire Cody's killer instinct in desperately wanting to take the machete (and honestly wonder if he was planning on going rogue before they started offering him more stuff), but it's not a team game.

IIRC he says in the testimonial that he never intended to take the machete, that it was a sales negotiation tactic.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Fast Luck posted:

I know the flint was off limits but I kind of wonder why. Tribes lose their flint whenever they get last in whatever challenge now anyway, right? And then win it back when they win or something...idk. But in that case taking the flint seems less extreme than taking the machete.

I admire Cody's killer instinct in desperately wanting to take the machete (and honestly wonder if he was planning on going rogue before they started offering him more stuff), but it's not a team game. Making that tribe miserable only helps if they then start losing every challenge and even then how many challenges are left before merge?

I think the flint was off limits to ensure the threat of losing flint on immunity challenge loss. You can’t end up with two flints on your tribe and so still have one after the challenge loss.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

SweetJahasus posted:

Highlight of the episode:

The real highlight was Elie going Even More Elie-eyed with a giant frown while they were discussing the possibility of being raided

And ever since at minimum 41, as soon as Jeff tells me something is going to happen I immediately know the opposite is true

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

The Berzerker posted:

Yeah, at first I thought Cody was going to go rogue and take the machete despite his tribe's wishes, but using the threat of taking the machete as leverage to get the blue tribe to give up fishing gear and some food, when his team sent him to take the fishing gear, was pretty slick.

I really liked Cody in that scene. I hope it doesn't bite him in the rear end, but I thought he used his power to maximum efficiency.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Cody has done at least three really smart plays now ( the bamboo, the beads, now this) .

He's gonna outplay himself at some point like he almost did with the beads, but he's my current favorite, which is not something I thought I'd say about a man with a butt tattoo.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

TheCenturion posted:

It's always quiet during the early days, because it's usually pretty by-the-numbers.

I still have s40 in my bookmarks, from the start time of episode one to the following Tuesday, there was more posts than there are in this season's entire thread.

IcePhoenix posted:

This was also my excuse, I was there live, it ruled.

Anyway, world class meltdown by Lindsay, you love to see it. Cody going full wild card is hilarious.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Lone Goat posted:

I still have s40 in my bookmarks, from the start time of episode one to the following Tuesday, there was more posts than there are in this season's entire thread.

S40 was a special snowflake where we knew so much about everyone going into it and all had big opinions. Apples to oranges really.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

SweetJahasus posted:

S40 was a special snowflake where we knew so much about everyone going into it and all had big opinions. Apples to oranges really.

I checked 38 and 39 and they also had about 5 pages of discussion in that same time frame. :shrug:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Kind of the most antiproductive argument... but it's really apples and oranges comparing anything pre covid and post covid. But also the SA forums has gone through just as many changes in the timeframe between season 40 & 41... Hard to say if any of the Survivor regulars never returned after Jeffrey took over... :(

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Hard to say if any of the Survivor regulars never returned after Jeffrey took over... :(

Exactly

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Kind of the most antiproductive argument... but it's really apples and oranges comparing anything pre covid and post covid. But also the SA forums has gone through just as many changes in the timeframe between season 40 & 41... Hard to say if any of the Survivor regulars never returned after Jeffrey took over... :(

Skimming through those old threads, at least two regular posters were perma'd for stuff in the deviantart thread (I think? I saw the rap sheet entry but did NOT click on the infringing posts for obvious reasons), so pour one out for the hosed up perverts I suppose.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I'm a pervert for fake idols

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i will never leave, survivor threads are stuck with me until i lose interest in the show