Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Thanks for the advice so far. Pick a flex? 0.5 PPR

G. Pickens vs TB
R. Doubs vs NYJ
T. Allgeier vs SF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
Full PPR flex

DeVonta Smith vs Dallas
Courtland Sutton vs Chargers

I'm leaning Sutton for the floor but Smith has so much upside. My starting WR are Deebo and Hollywood Brown.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
Full PPR

JRob @ IND
Monty vs WSH

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008

ferroque posted:

G. Pickens vs TB
R. Doubs vs NYJ
T. Allgeier vs SF

Pickens. I expect Pickett to throw a lot again to keep up with Brady.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008

Paul Proteus posted:

Full PPR flex

DeVonta Smith vs Dallas

I'm leaning Sutton for the floor but Smith has so much upside. My starting WR are Deebo and Hollywood Brown.

Feeling DeVonta this week. Feels like a blow up game for him.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Green Gloves posted:

Feeling DeVonta this week. Feels like a blow up game for him.
Agreed. His one down game since week 1 was the monsoon game vs the Jags. The other three games he's had no fewer than like 8 targets.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Green Gloves posted:

Full PPR

JRob @ IND
Monty vs WSH

Montgomery. Bears like to run (or at least hate to pass) and apparently the notion that they were gonna time share with Herbert wasn't right.

Someone pick me a WR in. 5ppr
Sutton@LAC
Godwin@PIT

Sutton hasn't got a huge cieling. Godwin does but could put up like ~4 points if he's banged up and the Buccs get out to an early lead on the Steelers.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Paul Proteus posted:

Full PPR flex

DeVonta Smith vs Dallas

Have this exact same dilemma and I’m going Smith. You’re right that Sutton has a safe floor but that offence stinks and I’m ready to sit from dealing with it for a while.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Paul Proteus posted:

Full PPR flex

DeVonta Smith vs Dallas

I’m personally rolling with Devonta Smith over Curtis Samuel and I would probably do the same if it were Sutton. His ceiling is great and I think AJB will draw a lot of coverage.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix posted:

Similar vein, Start McLaurin in that Thursday game or pivot to Doubs, Pickens, or London?

e: I could also just drop one of them and grab someone off the WW

McKenzie would be pretty drat tempting if he clears concussion protocol, I think.

asking this again since McLaurin plays tonight. 0.5 ppr

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

IcePhoenix posted:

asking this again since McLaurin plays tonight. 0.5 ppr
I think McLaurin is a good play with Dotson sitting again. If you're scared off by the Bear's having a decent pass and Wentz having a nagging arm injury/being Carson Wentz I'm not sure who of Doubs, Pickens, or London I would play. Probably Doubs because I like his matchup more but Pickens has been seeing the love from Pickett so I'm kinda coming around on him.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Pickens and DJohnson might become weekly starts. I see that team playing from behind a fuckton this season and with najee being a pumpkin this year they're gunna need to throw more to win. I'd give it another week to see target share a little more clearly but if it's a ppr league I can see starting either of those wrs.

Even if they don't produce they'll each have over 5 targets going forward.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

Pickens and DJohnson might become weekly starts. I see that team playing from behind a fuckton this season and with najee being a pumpkin this year they're gunna need to throw more to win. I'd give it another week to see target share a little more clearly but if it's a ppr league I can see starting either of them.
Even if they don't produce they'll each have over 5 targets going forward.

I see Pickens breaking out on Week 7 MNF against Miami. The guy is going to do something ridiculous akin to that catch on TNF.

I am just justifying all this cuz I am about to play him Week 7 and then hes going to lay an egg.

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.

kiimo posted:

I have this feeling that Kittle bounces back this week

I want to believe this. Any particular insight as to why?

From my understanding Kittle is being tasked with blocking a lot because the O line of SF is struggling. He’s good in this role so until the line improves he’s probably going to be blocking a lot or doing block+release style routes that don’t get targeted much.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Nintendo 49ers posted:

I think Etienne is due

heh

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Summit posted:

From my understanding Kittle is being tasked with blocking a lot because the O line of SF is struggling. He’s good in this role so until the line improves he’s probably going to be blocking a lot or doing block+release style routes that don’t get targeted much.

Kittle’s curse has always been that he’s a big and a good football player. Unfortunately that means that he understands the game and when it’s necessary to help block, run bait, etc, and now with the Niners being down to their third string rookie Left Tackle, he’s being forced to help out moreso than usual.

However, he still gets targets and runs a lot of routes. He’s in on like 95% of snaps. The Falcons are also ABYSMAL at defending the TE. They’re something like Top 5 in TE Yards After Catch which is where Kittle excels because he is a Beefy Boy. poo poo they let the likes of Cade Otton and Juwan Johnson rattle off 5-7 catches and 50 yards each in different weeks.

The problem is this is all a big if. The setup is all there, he just has to connect enough with Jimmy G to make it happen. I’m firing him up again because the alternative is hoping Will Dissly gets another TD.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

^^^^^ yeah all this

Summit posted:

From the ESPN video about him on recent news lol

his participation has been trending up

edit: don't get me wrong though, I'm still hemming and hawing about starting him over Taysom Hill

kiimo fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 13, 2022

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Brian Robinson @ CHI or George Pickens vs TB in 0.5 PPR?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
God drat it.

Okay. Standard scoring.

Tony Pollard @PHI or
Rondale Moore @SEA

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

shirts and skins posted:

God drat it.

Okay. Standard scoring.

Tony Pollard @PHI or
Rondale Moore @SEA

I would go with Moore since Seahawks D is great at making guys superheroes for the week

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Having last minute doubts because Jacobi Meyers is back on the DNP list so I'm worried he'll end up sitting and I'll be down Samuel cause he plays tonight.

That said, Curtis Samuel v. Isiah Mackenzie, full PPR, opinions?

Edit: to be clear how those two things connect, if I play Samuel tonight I can still use Mackenzie if Jacobi sits, but not the other way around.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm starting Brian Robinson over Pollard and Dillon. Pollard has been inconsistent and Dillon downright bad (in Fantasy) so I'm gambling on BRob taking off. Someone tell me how dumb I am.

Jarmak posted:

Having last minute doubts because Jacobi Meyers is back on the DNP list so I'm worried he'll end up sitting and I'll be down Samuel cause he plays tonight.

That said, Curtis Samuel v. Isiah Mackenzie, full PPR, opinions?
Meyers will be catching passes from the third string QB even if he plays, so I think if it were me I would feel good about putting Samuel in, especially with Dotson out tonight. If you dont like Samuel in Thursday night clownball with a nicked up Carson Wentz throwing him the ball, which is perfectly reasonable, I think waiting on Sunday to decide on Mackenzie vs Meyers is a fine thing to do.

edit based on your edit: Oh I think I'd play Samuel then.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

PPR
Gibson @CHI
or
Henderson vs CAR

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Chernabog posted:

PPR
Gibson @CHI
or
Henderson vs CAR
Neither is a good option but Brian Robinson is starting tonight so I think I'd go Henderson but not be happy about it.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Meyers will be catching passes from the third string QB even if he plays, so I think if it were me I would feel good about putting Samuel in, especially with Dotson out tonight. If you dont like Samuel in Thursday night clownball with a nicked up Carson Wentz throwing him the ball, which is perfectly reasonable, I think waiting on Sunday to decide on Mackenzie vs Meyers is a fine thing to do.

edit based on your edit: Oh I think I'd play Samuel then.

Not wrong about Meyers, but I sat him last week for that reason and he put up 26

Edit: right now I'm playing Samuel because the risk of Meyers not playing is a lot worse than the marginal gains I think I might see out of Mackenzie over Samuel.

I'm also playing Mckissic so full clown show it is

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Neither is a good option but Brian Robinson is starting tonight so I think I'd go Henderson but not be happy about it.

Yeah, not happy either but really got no options.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Jarmak posted:

Not wrong about Meyers, but I sat him last week for that reason and he put up 26

Edit: right now I'm playing Samuel because the risk of Meyers not playing is a lot worse than the marginal gains I think I might see out of Mackenzie over Samuel.
Oh poo poo I didnt realize Meyers put up that much last week, poo poo. I even have him on my Best Ball team lol.

But yeah I think thats the best thing even if it feels bad.

Chernabog posted:

Yeah, not happy either but really got no options.
Yeah its a bummer. You could gamble on Gibson vulturing a TD somehow, like being the goalline back since BRob is a rookie and might not be in for all the packages, but he might not see the field at all. I dont know much about the situation in

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
How are you guys feeling about waddle? Don’t feel confident about Skylar throwing to him, and I’m thinking I’d rather roll with London, Devonta Smith or even Kareem Hunt.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I almost feel like u have to play waddle, but if you bench him I'd start Devonta Smith

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

ferroque posted:

G. Pickens vs TB
R. Doubs vs NYJ
T. Allgeier vs SF

Doubs imo

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Freezer posted:

How are you guys feeling about waddle? Don’t feel confident about Skylar throwing to him, and I’m thinking I’d rather roll with London, Devonta Smith or even Kareem Hunt.

Waddle almost seems too good to sit but I hear your concerns. I don’t think you’d go terribly wrong with London or Smith though. Which I realize doesn’t help that much.

PPR? 0.5 PPR?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

0.5 PPR - pick my WR

G Wilson v GB
or
A Pierce v Jax

I’m leaning Wilson, even though he had a tepid past 2 games, because he’s still seeing targets and is a threat to take it to the house on any catch. The Jets OL is solid and is going to improve because Duane Brown is back.

Pierce is tough because Jax has a good pass rush and the Colts OL is poop.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I'm sitting Waddle this week, but I'm rich at WR and can only start 3 of Waddle, Higgins, Hollywood, AJ Brown, and Godwin.

Starting both Browns for sure and then Higgins if he plays and Godwin if he doesn't. Not gonna play Waddle until Thompson isn't starting anymore.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I struggled with this too. But then Lockett popped up with a hamstring issue today so that's who is sitting for me. Devanta Smith and Waddle and Deebo. LFG

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'm sitting Waddle this week, but I'm rich at WR and can only start 3 of Waddle, Higgins, Hollywood, AJ Brown, and Godwin.

Starting both Browns for sure and then Higgins if he plays and Godwin if he doesn't. Not gonna play Waddle until Thompson isn't starting anymore.

So hard to trust AJB right now

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
With Derrick Henry's bye week, I have to pick two RBs from this mess, 1PPR:

Kenneth Walker III vs ARI
Eno Benjamin @ SEA
Travis Etienne Jr. @ IND
Kareem Hunt vs NE
Darrell Henderson Jr. vs CAR

Right now I'm leaning towards the first two, assuming Conner doesn't play, and Henderson instead of Benjamin if he does.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

kiimo posted:

I struggled with this too. But then Lockett popped up with a hamstring issue today so that's who is sitting for me. Devanta Smith and Waddle and Deebo. LFG

On that note, who do I play if Lockett is out? Half ppr.

Diontae Johnson v.TB
Juju SmiSchu v.BUF
Rondale Moore @SEA
Isaiah McKenzie @KC
AJ Dillon v.NYJ

Lot of middling choices here. Diontae and Juju get plenty of targets but don't do much with them, and Diontae's matchup is bad. Moore and McKenzie are gambles. Dillon really hasn't lived up to his billing as a "1B" back.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Quiet Feet posted:

On that note, who do I play if Lockett is out? Half ppr.

Diontae Johnson v.TB
Juju SmiSchu v.BUF
Rondale Moore @SEA
Isaiah McKenzie @KC
AJ Dillon v.NYJ

Lot of middling choices here. Diontae and Juju get plenty of targets but don't do much with them, and Diontae's matchup is bad. Moore and McKenzie are gambles. Dillon really hasn't lived up to his billing as a "1B" back.

I could see McKenzie going off this week. Diontae probably has the highest floor but I have no faith in a Diontae boom atm.

-----------

need a WR2, .5PPR:

Higgins @NO
Pickens vTB
Doubs vNYJ
Meyers @CLE

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

ElectricRelaxation posted:

With Derrick Henry's bye week, I have to pick two RBs from this mess, 1PPR:

Kenneth Walker III vs ARI
Eno Benjamin @ SEA
Travis Etienne Jr. @ IND
Kareem Hunt vs NE
Darrell Henderson Jr. vs CAR

Right now I'm leaning towards the first two, assuming Conner doesn't play, and Henderson instead of Benjamin if he does.

Conner has been ruled out. Go with Eno and Walker imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

All aboard the Kenneth Walker train

let's hope it gets out of the station I don't trust these train schedules unless I'm in Austria