Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Silly old Wells fargo, up to their usual tricks. Apparently the loan officers have been manually editing home values in their system to avoid needing an appraisal. Sometimes lopping off as much as a cool million dollars from the true sales price

Many of the affected loans have been sold to Fannie and Freddie and thus brought the full weight of the federal government down upon themselves

They preemptively fired a few of the people who had a hand on the wheel at the time, but obviously that's not going to protect them. Many employees are saying that they were explicitly, specifically told to do this in order to qualify for appraisal waivers and make everyone's lives easier. Probably should not have sold those loans to entities under Federal conservatorship then, idiots!

Do you have a source article for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

DoubleT2172 posted:

Do you have a source article for this?

https://nationalmortgageprofessional.com/news/wells-fargo-fires-loan-officers-accused-abusing-appraisal-waivers

It’s pretty old news, like the stuff about them having the employee 401(k) plan overpay for company stock is I’m pretty sure the newer scandal.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

numberoneposter posted:

eagerly awaiting the mid day rug pull

Rug pull at open tomorrow?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
what was today even

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Landsknecht posted:

what was today even

If you torture the hell out of the data by excluding food, energy, and rents (the day to day things people care about the most), inflation is declining a little bit

drk
Jan 16, 2005
tweet I am referencing

https://twitter.com/wabuffo/status/1580544566687846407

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Landsknecht posted:

what was today even

A mid day rug pull, but in reverse.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Other than the ending, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

The thing is, This will absolutely crash the market. because Europe is going to look at this and say what the gently caress, and the dXY will keep growing, which fits in line with my expectations.

We also closed for the first time under the weekly 200ma, and the last time it happened like this was 2008/2000 specifically. So now trade rules side* is puts only.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Oct 15, 2022

downout
Jul 6, 2009

This is kind of what happened to radishack shortly before their demise, right?

gamestop employees say they are now selling random stuff

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

downout posted:

This is kind of what happened to radishack shortly before their demise, right?

gamestop employees say they are now selling random stuff

that was radio shack for their entire existence

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I think radio shack turned into cell phone stores by like 2003

They sold a bunch of different batteries and battery recharge systems, and a lot of battery operated toys and gadgets. They also had a really really wide variety of overpriced audio cables, audio connector adapters, etc

I remember going there to help a friend buy a new car radio at least twice

The back corner had giant trays of slide out things full of resistors, capacitors, switches etc, amplifiers etc. They sold a really good 1.5-30v ac-dc adapter with reverse polarity and a bunch of barrel adapters could power nearly anything you'd lost the adapter for

Also weirdly they had a full range of in house prosumer DJ equipment, I think called "optimist"? Oh and all kinds of cordless house phones

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

time to buy AMC guys

the overlay has spoken

https://clips.twitch.tv/CovertFancyPorpoiseFloof-v9xN1FhNAepuy5hw

This guy bought like a few thousand dollars of AMC calls based on some random overlay that someone sent him that has him convinced AMC is going to pop off

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Toxic Mental posted:

time to buy AMC guys

the overlay has spoken

This guy bought like a few thousand dollars of AMC calls based on some random overlay that someone sent him that has him convinced AMC is going to pop off

together, ape broke.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/1582725097319993345

seems early for deflation talk but something something forward looking

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

The worst is yet to come, so sell sell sell.
Unless the best is yet to come, so put on the Metal Gear Solid soundtrack.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Space Fish posted:

The worst is yet to come, so sell sell sell.
Unless the best is yet to come, so put on the Metal Gear Solid soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mypHpsSoF8o

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Those prices are fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLyA7zJN-go

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Toxic Mental posted:

time to buy AMC guys

the overlay has spoken

TechnicalAnalysis.avi

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

TechnicalAnalysis.avi

Surely this will be the week that the stock that is -77% YTD doubles overnight

(their dumb $APE shares are -68% in just the 4 weeks theyve been on the market, so that isnt helping returns either)

Baddog
May 12, 2001

I feel attacked

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

drk posted:

Surely this will be the week that the stock that is -77% YTD doubles overnight

(their dumb $APE shares are -68% in just the 4 weeks theyve been on the market, so that isnt helping returns either)

If I was thinking, I would have tried to put together all the WSB youtuber videos of them doing mental gymnastics over GME and AMC the last 18 months. It would have made one hell of a supercut.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

very pretty chart

https://twitter.com/bespokeinvest/status/1582814648507633664

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

It’s kind of a self-healing chart because the independent variable is based on the 52wk high, so while the “after a 34% drawdown investments have historically ended up positive” adage is a totally valid, it specifically doesn’t cover slow marches downward; 1 year after the 52wk high, the high will drop (which will become the new comparison value).

Dec 27th was S&P’s most recent 52wk high, and next in line is Feb 9th then March 29th. If we’re TA people I guess we hope for a 15% drop by Christmas so that the bespoke adage applies. Otherwise we’re totally clear to slow burn down (but not greater than 34% per year!)

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/beckpeterson/status/1582849735475417088

elon: "plz buy my stock, I need to sell some to close the TWTR deal or the judge will make me sit for testimony"

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
The more his stock tanks the more unhinged Musk has gotten. The stress is showing after he couldn't shut his mouth and had to make an rear end of himself with an opinion of Ukraine's war.

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Toxic Mental posted:

time to buy AMC guys

the overlay has spoken

Trey's Trades posted his last AMC video a few weeks ago. People who bought at the peak from his videos are sending him suicide notes.

On a happier note, Kevin Paffrath "Meet Kevin" is now licensed as a financial advisor with his own ETF. And.. he got busted with a DUI. He posted the footage with his pearls of wisdom. "Officer I plead the fifth..." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv9qc4WfNXU
You make that kind of youtube money, why don't you just take a limo everywhere... idiot.

And Tesla? Warren Redlich is still delusional and pumping away on his channel. How do people still believe in the stock after seeing the Tesla Bot? Just crazy.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

notwithoutmyanus posted:

The more his stock tanks the more unhinged Musk has gotten. The stress is showing after he couldn't shut his mouth and had to make an rear end of himself with an opinion of Ukraine's war.

Agree 100%

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
The way he got called out for being Putin's useful idiot by people like Fiona Hill probably didn't help with all of that stress. It was fun to watch though.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
if an rear end makes a spectacle of himself, we should break out the popcorn and spectate.

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Avalara (AVLR) buyout happened with 80% voting for it. *sigh* in the end left with a 2.2% loss. Should have bought more when it fell to $70 over the summer I guess...

Buying more Magnachip (MX) - 229 shares @ $10 - close to book value now!
Also picked up 970 shares of InPlay Oil (IPO) @ $3.17 - every time Biden opens his mouth on the price of oil it jumps higher. Plans are to be debit free by the end of this year. Using the excess cash to start buying back it's stock. Should be a nice surprise next year...

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol Anyone who couldn't see that Meet Kevin guy being a total and complete furu tool from the start deserved to lose all their money

"Real estate guy"

The "posting multiple times a day about stimulus checks because it gets clicks" saga

Full-on GME and crypto insanity of 2020

Current market crash and apocalypse clickbait

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I see that my hatred for "content creators" has never been unwarranted

Also, thanks $T for giving me my first broadly green day in a while

drk
Jan 16, 2005
Re: $TSLA, someone pointed out that their latest quarterly numbers (from yesterday) showing revenues increasing by 55% YoY while operational expenses only increased by 2% is very suspicious.

I'm not exactly an expert in reading financial statements but that seems very questionable to me too

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

drk posted:

Re: $TSLA, someone pointed out that their latest quarterly numbers (from yesterday) showing revenues increasing by 55% YoY while operational expenses only increased by 2% is very suspicious.

I'm not exactly an expert in reading financial statements but that seems very questionable to me too

Not only that but the prediction was higher by 3 cents and magically adjusted downward literally seconds away from close.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You really think Musk would do that? Just lie on a financial report.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Gaius Marius posted:

You really think Musk would do that? Just lie on a financial report.

I’ve been on the email chain at a Fortune 500 where a controller and argued with the auditor about accounting treatment; specifically, explicitly saying he was targeting a certain EPS or greater.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I got the impression that Tesla started really playing fast and loose with its books a while ago.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
Looks like BoJ has tried to prop the yen twice today over 150:dollar and failed, next step if they’re serious is raising rates which should unwind the yen carry trade and send US yields up/dollar down and then we have a financial crisis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

LLCoolJD posted:

I got the impression that Tesla started really playing fast and loose with its books a while ago.

Gee, you think?

https://twitter.com/Keubiko/status/1583114794735136769