Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
did one DMU Alchemy draft and decided that's enough of that for me, but did manage to use an alchemy card to great effect at least grabbing an easy trophy. Playing Trove Mage on 3 to grab a shield wall sentinel and then starting that chain on 4 multiple times was clutch. Got to live the dream of bortuk my wingmantle back into play, then later urborg repo both bortuk and wingmantle, then bortuk wingmantle again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

I didn't like the original build of this deck because it felt unfocused, so I made the second version of the deck to work less on the domain stuff and more on the graveyard stuff. The second deck was good enough to win, but definitely not top tier.

Time passed, I drafted a bunch of DMU, and I realized: domain is really good. So I decided to rebuild the first deck and focus more on the domain part and ended up with this:

This deck is actually bonkers. I am currently on a 19-0 run with it. Most of my games seem to revolve around the opponent tapping out for something and then eating 15-20 damage from one attack.

I decided to hit record on a play session during this run, so if anyone's looking for something to run, here's a thing to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAkVqdBmJxI

Thanks for the update. this looks fun

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Death of Rats posted:

That's a deck alright. R/W go wide is such a strong deck with a decent draw.

blown out by Elder Dragon twice and then couldn't go under a drat chaplain deck fast enough, 3-3 :(

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I feel like in the past Kill X Creatures required you to kill them but now I think it may be the more generous Have X Creatures Your Opponents Control Die.

Which is good because I just played a lengthy round against an Anvil deck.

They won but I'm going to claim the moral high ground because I deliberately did not put Meathook Massacre in my deck, jumping on the Mono-B-andwagon kinda late. It would've destroyed them.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
Are the prize packs for the SNC plane shifted draft normal Capenna packs or alchemy packs? In the UI they look like the default ones but I don't think that necessarily means anything.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Very few things cause me to auto concede on brawl. Casting curse of silence and naming my commander on turn 1 is one of them.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I kept a kind of slow, under-interactive Mux hand and had my Kinnan opponent go land, Mox, elf. My top card wasn't bolt so I scooped out of that one.

I feel like that was fair and ultimately saved everyone some time.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Murmur Twin posted:

I didn't like the original build of this deck because it felt unfocused, so I made the second version of the deck to work less on the domain stuff and more on the graveyard stuff. The second deck was good enough to win, but definitely not top tier.

Time passed, I drafted a bunch of DMU, and I realized: domain is really good. So I decided to rebuild the first deck and focus more on the domain part and ended up with this:

This deck is actually bonkers. I am currently on a 19-0 run with it. Most of my games seem to revolve around the opponent tapping out for something and then eating 15-20 damage from one attack.

I decided to hit record on a play session during this run, so if anyone's looking for something to run, here's a thing to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAkVqdBmJxI

Is this another standard season where you come to the rescue with a cool deck lol, thanks for posting this

Edit: first game results seem good

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Oct 13, 2022

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Yeah holy poo poo Murmur Twin this is really good stuff. I'm a mediocre player at best, I don't understand every play you make in the video, but even I am able to reign supreme over the play queue.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

First thought about SNC Planeshifted is that it's actually not bad? No terrible alchemy rares ruining the format.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

This deck is absolute sicko mode, 10/8 trample double strike :getin:

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

The deck looks fun to get back in, but it'd be 29 rare wildcards for me; maybe I should draft a bit first...

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
FWIW, I'm currently on a 0-7 loss streak with that deck.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

I thought Meathook Massacre was banned, why did I just play against it in a standard event ? :raise:

Let me guess, WotC doesn't retire decks entered before the ban ?

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

I only have 5 triomes but tossed the domain aggro together and was able to slam out 10 wins over lunch. Just sprinkled in DMU dual tap lands and it was eh, ok. Very satisfying wins but mono R or U on the draw felt like auto lose (surprise). I do not have any of the RW sorcery for the big lifegain swings though, may have helped.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
*Weeping and cradling my mono-black deck*

Look what they did to my beautiful boy!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

FWIW, I'm currently on a 0-7 loss streak with that deck.

I'm 5-6, though I had accidentally added some wrong triomes. I'll try again tomorrow. Mono-U did feel bad.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Simone Poodoin posted:

Very few things cause me to auto concede on brawl. Casting curse of silence and naming my commander on turn 1 is one of them.

It's like Thoughtseize except worse because you can still cast the card if you're willing to pay for it. Big fuckin whoop

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Where are you going?? Come baaaaaack

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

*internally, in the tone of "did I leave the oven on before I left for work?"* did I craft a fourth meat hook this morning? oh beans

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

I thought Meathook Massacre was banned, why did I just play against it in a standard event ? :raise:

Let me guess, WotC doesn't retire decks entered before the ban ?

As long as you start an event like that your decklist is locked in. I think only rotation would effect it?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

kalel posted:

*internally, in the tone of "did I leave the oven on before I left for work?"* did I craft a fourth meat hook this morning? oh beans
You get mythic wildcards for each banned card you own, so if you did, you got a free card!

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

It's like Thoughtseize except worse because you can still cast the card if you're willing to pay for it. Big fuckin whoop

For many? Most? Brawl decks the commander is a lynchpin card, unlike just whatever’s in your hand that’d get seized.

It’s definitely a feelbad card t1 on the draw

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Bugsy posted:

As long as you start an event like that your decklist is locked in. I think only rotation would effect it?

Thanks, yeah I kinda figured that’s how it worked after the fact but it caught me by surprise I guess. Oh well, it only cost me one win so I will finish that run tomorrow.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Ben Nevis posted:

I'm 5-6, though I had accidentally added some wrong triomes. I'll try again tomorrow. Mono-U did feel bad.

yeah finishing my dailies i've gone 4-8 lol, i probably need some play tips

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

CapnAndy posted:

*Weeping and cradling my mono-black deck*

Look what they did to my beautiful boy!

Monoblack is still awesome. I just yoinked out Meathhook for more Cut Down and Infernal Grasp, and went 4-0 this morning while stoned of my mind.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

yeah finishing my dailies i've gone 4-8 lol, i probably need some play tips

Lol I feel guilty when I post decks and people lose with them :ohdearsass: I’m at work on my phone but can write out a little guide for it tonight, it feels likewise feels good when people play my decks and win with them

Diamond was definitely a tougher fight then platinum but I hit mythic with a 70% win rate this afternoon, probably there’s a card or two to be tweaked for the control matchups but so far so good.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

lol yeah my WR is probably shifted so low because I need to make better mull decisions and I'm probably also making sequencing errors, the deck is very powerful for sure

Mono-U with 15 counterspells loving sucks mondo poo poo though

Red aggro smashing low-toughness creatures before i can pump them also sucks mondo poo poo

White catharing my few creatures also sucks mondo poo poo

Edit: ok they lost i will be less salty about them lol

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 14, 2022

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

Lol I feel guilty when I post decks and people lose with them :ohdearsass: I’m at work on my phone but can write out a little guide for it tonight, it feels likewise feels good when people play my decks and win with them

Diamond was definitely a tougher fight then platinum but I hit mythic with a 70% win rate this afternoon, probably there’s a card or two to be tweaked for the control matchups but so far so good.

Don't feel bad! Your Kroxa/Cleave deck was like the first one I copied from somewhere. It was fun and importantly, absolutely bodied Rogues. I'm always on the lookout for what you put up.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Gutmorn in Brawl is one of my favourite decks ever. The funniest thing with his ability is to discard Doom Blade or Power Word Kill so that my opponent gets a useless card that can't kill him. I wish Historic had Terror in it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
sleepily went off in discord about autoincludes in hbrawl, mostly because i always tend to forget cards that i want to include until i notice they're not in my deck several games down the line of making a new brew. you know how many times i've had to look up what the actual name of heroic intervention is?

quote:

thinking about hbrawl autoincludes
greathenge, once upon a time, heroic intervention, and guardian project are pretty much that for green
maybe not henge as much these days but it's still a very good card
red/green i feel like rhythm of the wild always overperforms
there's a lot of ways to build red but it's hard to not include lightning bolt and robber of the rich
and the alchemy werewolf that does a robber of the rich impression is nice
white you can run swords to plowshares and smothering tithe; you also get mana tithe but that doesn't goozle people as much these days
and curse of silence naming their commander is nice
blue has wash away for their commander, as well as literal actual counterspell. search for azcanta is still brilliant filtering
black you get to run literal dark ritual, some great removal like fatal push and infernal grasp
colorless and lands: always make room for arcane signet and command tower; pathways shocklands checklands 'two or more other lands' and triomes are manabases in priority order, mind stone and the city's blessing draw land are also usually wanted

obviously autoinclude is a strong word, but i'm wondering if there's any cards you always tend to reach for when brewing hbrawl decks that i've left out and should probably keep in mind in the future?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Chamale posted:

Gutmorn in Brawl is one of my favourite decks ever. The funniest thing with his ability is to discard Doom Blade or Power Word Kill so that my opponent gets a useless card that can't kill him. I wish Historic had Terror in it.

Pretty sure we just played each other if your mtga name is the same. Playing Delina wild mage.

GG's

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Bugsy posted:

Pretty sure we just played each other if your mtga name is the same. Playing Delina wild mage.

GG's

Yeah! Your Delina deck is sweet, dice-rolling is another one of my favourite things in Magic. You had a well-earned win.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Murmur Twin posted:

That video you posted was definitely a bit of an outlier in terms of winrate and as mentioned there are some matchups like mono-R aggro, mono-U tempo or control that are tough. A lot of times people will get got by the deck though because if you haven't played much Dominaria draft you're not really expecting the twinferno+gaea's might damage bomb.

What exactly are the triomes you were using? I played around a bit but my mana didn't quite feel as consistent at hitting full domain when I played the deck.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Anyone else finds the client runs like crap since the update? Just chugging along, I don't dare actually try to launch a game.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Installations break very easily, it's just a really bad program. It just doesn't seem to handle disconnects during patching very well at all. One of my computer installations broke because of that and I haven't bothered to copy it over yet from my other computer.

The android client isn't working for me after the patch yet again, and this is a recurring thing even a full reinstall doesn't fix most of the time. Also I haven't been able to play jump in since DMU because it crashes the client no matter what platform I'm trying from. This seems to be a known but very rare error so lol at actually having this fixed before the decklist is updated next month if that even helps.

How Disgusting
Feb 21, 2018

Algid posted:

Installations break very easily, it's just a really bad program. It just doesn't seem to handle disconnects during patching very well at all. One of my computer installations broke because of that and I haven't bothered to copy it over yet from my other computer.

The android client isn't working for me after the patch yet again, and this is a recurring thing even a full reinstall doesn't fix most of the time. Also I haven't been able to play jump in since DMU because it crashes the client no matter what platform I'm trying from. This seems to be a known but very rare error so lol at actually having this fixed before the decklist is updated next month if that even helps.

I reinstalled yesterday and ... how can it be so bad? It can freeze while importing as it compares everything on the list against every card in arena. Waiting for your opponent to freeze or ctd is a viable tactic when going second against control. And then it freezes when you click search as it goes through every field on every card. I bet this works great on mobile.

The deck building interface is shameful. Maybe the devs get off on it and want to see people laugh at them on reddit. That's the only logical explanation why someone would make such a bad UI element and then not improve it for years.

The only meaningful change they made is they made collecting cards using constructed events no longer viable.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

flatluigi posted:

sleepily went off in discord about autoincludes in hbrawl, mostly because i always tend to forget cards that i want to include until i notice they're not in my deck several games down the line of making a new brew. you know how many times i've had to look up what the actual name of heroic intervention is?

obviously autoinclude is a strong word, but i'm wondering if there's any cards you always tend to reach for when brewing hbrawl decks that i've left out and should probably keep in mind in the future?

Had a sleepless night 'cause of Covid and mulled over this post for a bit, I think you got almost all my auto-includes (Once Upon a Time, Bolt, Swords, Dark Ritual) but some of the others seemed a bit off as far as "auto-include" goes. UU for Counterspell can be tough if running 3+ colors, 1-off Mana Tithe out of 99 cards seems bad, all your other green cards seem too slow. For something like Rhythm of the Wild, I'd rather be running Cabaretti Revels 10 times out of 10. Azcanta seems too niche for auto-include.

For black I almost always run Thoughtseize and Inquisition. Inquisition can be an almost-dead card a lot of the time but at least getting to peek at their hand for B can be useful.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
with Metahook Massacre gone, look for some version of this deck to annoy you until rotation. i'm gonna go ahead and take credit for it now, even though i'm sure some streamer has figured it out too

WISE FROM YOU GWAVE

4 x Cut Down
3 x Urborg Repossession
3 x Infernal Grasp
4 x Undead Butler
2 x Urborg Llurgoyf
2 x Liliana of the Veil
2 x Path of Peril
2 x Old Rutstein
3 x the Cruelty of Gix
2 x Wrenn and Seven
3 x Spirit-Sisters' Call
3 x Toxrill, the Corrosive
3 x Titan of Industry
1 x Old Stickfingers

1 x Plains
8 x Swamp
2 x Takenuma, Abandoned Mire
4 x Forest
1 x Shattered Sanctum
3 x Deathcap Glade
4 x Overgrown Farmland

i'm keeping the last copy of Old Stickfingers in just for flavor, but honestly it's been a fairly "meh" card, usually would rather have another 'goyf but i'm out of Rare wildcards for now

seriously, this deck slaps and wins like crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I cant stop drafting defender decks. Three drafts in a row and I'm getting chaplains passed to me wtf