Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I like how the manga hints at this chapter happening a bit in the future before it's said by showing B-Komachi in the first panel, neat bit of continuity with Oshi no Ko. On that note, I've read that Kaguya and Shirogane appeared in Oshi no Ko but I apparently missed it completely, would anyone know when it happened?

It was also nice seeing everyone grown up and how their lives continued. It felt like Hayasaka was very unimportant for her own closing chapter though, which is a shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Blaze Dragon posted:

It was also nice seeing everyone grown up and how their lives continued. It felt like Hayasaka was very unimportant for her own closing chapter though, which is a shame.

Right? We don't really know if she's happy, all we really know about Hayasaka is that she travels a lot and is "crashing" at Chika's. Also what about her other friends?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

I like how the manga hints at this chapter happening a bit in the future before it's said by showing B-Komachi in the first panel, neat bit of continuity with Oshi no Ko. On that note, I've read that Kaguya and Shirogane appeared in Oshi no Ko but I apparently missed it completely, would anyone know when it happened?

It's in a bonus chapter that ran in another magazine. And only Kaguya shows up.

cammy14
Apr 5, 2011
Hayasaka's happiest dream is to simply have her friends' dreams all come true, and to still be friends with them in the future

Best girl

cammy14 fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Sep 21, 2022

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Hayasaka's happiest dream is still being asleep at 7:30 AM.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Rand Brittain posted:

Hayasaka's happiest dream is still being asleep at 7:30 AM.

Something we both share.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Iino becoming a raging alcoholic is honestly pretty depressing as an outcome.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

ImpAtom posted:

Iino becoming a raging alcoholic is honestly pretty depressing as an outcome.

For what its' worth, this is the TL note for that part:

quote:

Here, Ishigami recounts how on numerous occasions, he’s been called out by a drunk Iino. However, the term he uses 「呼び出す」, can have multiple interpretations, and could just as equally refer to “being invited out to join her at the party” or “being called to help take care of her after she’s drunk too much”.

Iino drunk calling Ishigami to ask him to pick her up after she's gone out with friends sounds a lot less depressing. IMO his thousand yard stare makes a lot more sense if he thinks that he's going to have to go take care of her later, especially if he doesn't actually drink with her.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Sep 22, 2022

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Ishigami and Iino's final chapter (part 1)

Namtab going wild for this one.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:eyepop:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Well that's one way to make sure I tune in next week.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
that part about wanting to pay forward the help you've gotten is so resonant. akasaka must've gone through some poo poo, man

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Me, finishing this chapter: Here's how Ishibame can still happen in the few chapters we have left!!

But fr good chapter I love it. After all:

Nemo2342 posted:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

:frogsiren:
All hands on deck, all hands on deck.
:frogsiren:

Nemo2342 posted:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It’s going to happen, the biggest thing I will have been correct about since carol didn’t get hugged

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

mortons stork posted:

that part about wanting to pay forward the help you've gotten is so resonant. akasaka must've gone through some poo poo, man

using all you've learned through the help you've received to help others is some real poo poo I can relate to myself, too

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ishigami is a genuinely good dude.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

https://guya.moe/read/manga/Kaguya-Wants-To-Be-Confessed-To/278/1/

Aaaaaajsjanxiajf

loving aaaa

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

lol and lmao, also

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

:sickos:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

The more things change, I suppose.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Time is a flat circle.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
part of me is a little disappointed that it’s basically just the same thing with “To Be Continued…In Your Imagination” only Ishigami is too self-conscious about the fallout instead of being too prideful like Kaguya/Shirogane/Ino, but on the other hand:

a pipe smoking dog posted:

lol and lmao, also

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

They’re both into each other now so this is clearly a win for me

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
It's not quite the resolution I wanted, but it is probably the one we deserved.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Happy for them.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I love these disaster teens.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Who’s left for finales? Ishigami and Iino got the ending that made the most sense for their respective arcs

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Imagine 4 idiots in a student council. Two graduate and two take their place. Time works the same way

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

Who’s left for finales? Ishigami and Iino got the ending that made the most sense for their respective arcs

Just Chika then I assume Kaguya and Miyuki will get the last two chapters.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

lol and lmao, also

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Namtab posted:

It’s going to happen, the biggest thing I will have been correct about since carol didn’t get hugged

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Fujiwara’s last chapter is just a conclusion for the ramen kings, book it

Mautr
Sep 8, 2008

lol and lmao, also

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

lol and lmao, also

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Oh for fucks sake.

This is simultaneously infuriating and perfect.

Crymetimeboys
Aug 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Love is War...

Love is War never changes...

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Crymetimeboys posted:

Love is War...

Love is War never changes...