Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

McCloud posted:

There are safeguards today to keep you from snooping where you shouldn't, but yes, having healthcare data compartmentalized means there's less chance of someone accessing something they shouldn't. My bigger concern is that Uffe will outright sell this data to the highest bidder. Definitely a concerning paragraph.

At least when I worked in the Karolinska ICU and the Psychiatric hospital at Södertälje sjukhus all one had to do was click the "yes, I've recieved permission-button" to see all the things. Only purestrain idiots use that power to look at the King (you will get caught), but random people? The risk of you being the less than one in a thousand that gets audited is just that. Less than one in a thousand. Also people leave their work stations without locking the screen all the time. So when the scummier parts of the Free Market will start paying for healthcare data that data will magically find it's way to them.

Some people might get fired, but that will not help the individual who is now forever unable to get health or life insurance.

ETA: Yea, the Private-public partnerships might just mean that all the data is now for sale by the government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Potrzebie posted:

At least when I worked in the Karolinska ICU and the Psychiatric hospital at Södertälje sjukhus all one had to do was click the "yes, I've recieved permission-button" to see all the things. Only purestrain idiots use that power to look at the King (you will get caught), but random people? The risk of you being the less than one in a thousand that gets audited is just that. Less than one in a thousand. Also people leave their work stations without locking the screen all the time. So when the scummier parts of the Free Market will start paying for healthcare data that data will magically find it's way to them.

Some people might get fired, but that will not help the individual who is now forever unable to get health or life insurance.

You don't even get fired for that kind of poo poo.
I've read it in the paper a while ago, some nurse was letting a third party read someone's journal under a period of several months and she got fined 7500SEK and that's it.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

Kamrat posted:

It's been slowly dying since the 90s, it didn't up and die all of a sudden, it's been a process.

Liberalism gave it cancer, and reactonaries shot it dead.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Fantastic policy goals- this new government could really bring Sweden back from the brink and stop the downward spiral.

Why should illegal immigrants not be kicked out? Do you want people like Akhilov running around?

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell
Dumb American here, how is it that such a frail coalition is sufficient to get supply here? I also don't really get how a similar setup got through in 2018, is minority government just accepted as normal for some reason now? It seems like something would have to give either in terms of parties being willing to compromise for enough yes votes to get a bare majority or else parties would need to realign and/or get absorbed in the long run, is this kind of gridlock a recent development?

Edit: I'm assuming based on context clues that M and S are about as far apart as Democrats and business Republicans in the US, so those blocks can never cross over, and then SD is the Trump/racist Republican equivalent, so I guess my question is why the minority coalition thinks the optics of not officially including SD in their coalition is preferable - like, it seems like it is just Kabuki theatre and won't convince anyone

BougieBitch fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Oct 14, 2022

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

BougieBitch posted:

Dumb American here, how is it that such a frail coalition is sufficient to get supply here? I also don't really get how a similar setup got through in 2018, is minority government just accepted as normal for some reason now? It seems like something would have to give either in terms of parties being willing to compromise for enough yes votes to get a bare majority or else parties would need to realign and/or get absorbed in the long run, is this kind of gridlock a recent development?

It's called negative parliamentarism. Basically as long as the number of MP's who *actively oppose* the governement is less than half, they can continue in power.

- and yeah, compromise is the name of the game.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

jeebus bob posted:

It's called negative parliamentarism. Basically as long as the number of MP's who *actively oppose* the governement is less than half, they can continue in power.

Right, but you still need an actual majority to pass legislation, so having a paper coalition is irrelevant - if you can't pass anything why bother - and it seems like the actual agenda is just going to be the same as if SD was officially part of the government so why waste a month trying to build a different coalition just to end up with something even weaker on paper

Edit: I guess the other part is presumably M would suffer if a coalition couldn't be formed and everyone went back to the polls, just not clear why SD wouldn't be fine with that option either

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

BougieBitch posted:

To become a government you don’t need 51% of the seats, you need 51% of the riksdag to vote for you to form the government. So M has promised enought parties to either get ministerial posts (and be part of the government) or policy goals (like SD) in exchange of votes. Minority governments are pretty common in Sweden, the last governments were also minority governments, but by S as the main player.

E: and yes, it makes for weak governments. Basically SD has a loaded revolver aimed at Ulf’s head, and can make any of their propositions fail if they want to, or overturn the regering completely by doing a vote of no confidence, which S would join in a heartbeat. M, KD and L are at the mercy of SD and it is not a coincidence that we’re seeing especially a lot of L politicians complaining in media at the total surrender of the L party leadership.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Oct 14, 2022

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

lilljonas posted:

To become a government you don’t need 51% of the seats, you need 51% of the riksdag to vote for you to form the government. So M has promised enought parties to either get ministerial posts (and be part of the government) or policy goals (like SD) in exchange of votes. Minority governments are pretty common in Sweden, the last governments were also minority governments, but by S as the main player.

Ah, I think the ministerial posts were the part I was missing, assuming those have active power to shape policy in the same way that presidential appointments do in the US

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

BougieBitch posted:

Ah, I think the ministerial posts were the part I was missing, assuming those have active power to shape policy in the same way that presidential appointments do in the US

Yeah basically Ulf say ”hey KD vote for me and you get to have the climate ministerial role and make it only about building nuclear plants” and so on until enough parties are on board.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

His Divine Shadow posted:

Yeah, but I feel the thing that made it "alive" died in the 90s.

Since then it's mostly been like a corpse with people living off the ever decreasing residual heat of decomposition.

i'd argue that it happened in the eighties from a norwegian perspective (with the nordli government as the last social democratic government), but yeah, this is about right

fnox
May 19, 2013

Just read the plan. I was expecting something appalling but even then I was surprised.

What are the odds they can even get away with half this poo poo anyway? A lot of the policy proposals sound unenforceable.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

fnox posted:

Just read the plan. I was expecting something appalling but even then I was surprised.

What are the odds they can even get away with half this poo poo anyway? A lot of the policy proposals sound unenforceable.

The point is not to turn the screw until you break a finger. The point is make the outgroup believe it has no choice but to break its own finger in advance.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
How does Sweden almost 1-1 copying the danish route to hell, fit into the ‘first as a tragedy, then as farce’ thing?

Also, look forward to the next 5 elections where S, in a desperate attempt to no lose anymore ground, increasingly incorporate every aspect of SDs immigration policies and rhetoric, into their own agenda, while SD just turns up the racism and stays the same size.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

a lot of political battles are ahead when it turns out that some specific is unpopular among SD's voters, and if they're not stupid SD will make sure to find some large-enough issue to publicly humiliate the government on fairly early in its tenure. SD's challenge now is to ensure that they don't get reduced to a simple dependable supporter of government initiatives, but can make it clear that they've got a strong influence on policy even outside of government.

that means that, despite there being notional agreement to a bunch of things, a lot of hard fighting happens with regards to the details and implementation. this will not be a tranquil, effective government, even compared to the previous one.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I mean SD is craven enough to switch opinions over healthcare systems after one (1) dinner with Svenskt Näringsliv so I wouldn’t be too surprised to see them be utterly fine with allowing Ulf rip out the spine of the working class families across the nation as long as he’s equally cruel towards brown people.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
https://twitter.com/MadisonSiriusXM/status/924975009520594944?s=20&t=LetYAR887wpEt7B99E7GmQ

I hesitate 1:1ing USPOL/SwedPol but like, sometimes it’s too easy

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

His Divine Shadow posted:

Looks like Ulf managed to get a government coalition after all

https://svenska.yle.fi/a/7-10021767

Ulf has a 'evil nazi officer' look to him when he smiles

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Megamissen posted:

Ulf has a 'evil nazi officer' look to him when he smiles

Uncanny

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

EL has now confirmed it can "live with" Danish asylum camps in Rwanda. Back in June, Rosa Lund called it "emblematic of a view of humanity so gross I can't find the words to describe it".

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Oct 14, 2022

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

SplitSoul posted:

EL has now confirmed it can "live with" Danish asylum camps in Rwanda. Back in June, Rosa Lund called it "emblematic of a view of humanity so gross I can't find the words to describe it".

Good for her, finding the words. Now if she could just find her principles...

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

BigglesSWE posted:

Good for her, finding the words. Now if she could just find her principles...

They're trying to backpedal and saying Politiken mischaracterized what they said, by confirming that they won't necessarily topple the government over it, and will be asking for human rights guarantees which would ostensibly prevent the plan from being implemented in the first place, and then if it did anyway, it would make them very mad indeed and create some problems.

Radikale simply said, "Yeah, nah, we're not doing that."

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://www.svt.se/kultur/nya-regeringen-ska-ta-fram-en-svensk-kulturkanon

They want to create a "swedish cultural canon" lol

This isn't just a dog whistle, it's a fog horn

Edit:
https://twitter.com/omringaren/status/1580884905650577408?s=20&t=WIhUC0y1wVQso2XZJmOufw

McCloud fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 14, 2022

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

EL still has basically zero options though, they can only get anything done by striking deals with S (and SF and Alternativet), so they're going to have to give up on some principles to get others through. This is mostly them trying to do realpolitik, because being on the fringe sucks in a democracy. RV gets to be centrist and have lots of options on other policy areas, so they can stick to their principles on this.
It might even have gotten worse, since there have been some DF/EL cooperation which looks like it's not going to continue.

I'm not saying it's right, though.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

BonHair posted:

EL still has basically zero options though, they can only get anything done by striking deals with S (and SF and Alternativet), so they're going to have to give up on some principles to get others through. This is mostly them trying to do realpolitik, because being on the fringe sucks in a democracy. RV gets to be centrist and have lots of options on other policy areas, so they can stick to their principles on this.
It might even have gotten worse, since there have been some DF/EL cooperation which looks like it's not going to continue.

I'm not saying it's right, though.

BigglesSWE posted:

I mean SD is craven enough to switch opinions over healthcare systems after one (1) dinner with Svenskt Näringsliv so I wouldn’t be too surprised to see them be utterly fine with allowing Ulf rip out the spine of the working class families across the nation as long as he’s equally cruel towards brown people.

these posts both point at some of the same things, in each their own way

if you're on a fringe, you need to make it clear that you cannot be taken for granted. if you do not do this, there's no reason to vote for you except to side with a loser who does nothing but whine, which some people enjoy but which typically keeps you in the mid-single digits at best. so you absolutely need to find some points to demonstrate your independence. in the refugee camps in rwanda policy case, it should be very easy to make that an ultimatum for a party like EL, but they don't want the election to be about refugee camps in rwanda (i.e. immigration), they want it to be about something where they're popular and own the common-sense like welfare and employment policy, anti-monopoly policy etc. this is craven electoralism imo - if your brand is that not being inhuman towards refugees is important to you, you can't abide something like this, and if that means that the election is about rwanda all of a sudden you really do have some pretty compelling arguments to make.

in the case of SD, they need to be seen to be making life difficult for the government in at least some high-profile cases on a regular basis, because if they don't then there will be no real reason to vote for them over a party which actually gets to govern. they can and will pick their battles, of course, but my guess is that it will generally be the government attempting to implement something which turns out to be unpopular and SD weaseling out of it

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Even a graybeard like Per Clausen refuses to answer the question unequivocally. Wish I could travel back in time and show him what he's become.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

The energy section of the castle agreemeent focuses a lot on nuclear power, with a big emphasis on moving from "förnybar energi" to "fossilfri energi (read: Nuclear power)". While it makes allowence for solar and water power, my interpretation is that it seems to taking a more hostile view on wind, stating that it shouldn't be subsidized by the state, and that it should be able to pay for itself (a principle that they oddly enough doesn't apply to nuclear power". There's some stuff in here about reimbursing people for high energy costs retroactively, but nothing concrete. Also about minimizing export of energy until energy costs stabilize, and increasing electric car chargers in rural areas. They also mention CCS (Carbon Capture & Storage) auctions, which I interpret as selling carbon credits equivalent to that captured by these CCS methods. These auctions are meant to support cement factories and refineries

Things that raises some red flags:

Sveriges klimat- och miljöpolitik ska vara ambitiös. Svensk konkurrenskraft ska
värnas. Vår gemensamma klimat- och miljöpolitik utgår från förvaltarskapstanken och
strävar efter att hitta de mest kostnadseffektiva åtgärderna, som samtidigt inte skadar
näringar och landsbygd.

Miljötillståndsprocesserna förenklas och förkortas
En utredning tillsätts för att förenkla och förkorta miljötillståndsprövningen enligt miljöbalken
genom att göra den mer flexibel, effektiv och förutsebar. Syftet är att säkra näringslivets
konkurrenskraft, svensk industriproduktion och främja en grön omställning med export av
klimatvänliga produkter och teknik.//
Antalet myndigheter som för statens talan i tillståndsärenden bör
begränsas. Utredningen ges en tydlig instruktion att inhämta och beakta synpunkter från
näringslivet

Interpretation: The environment takes a backseat to swedish industry. Can't have the environment get in the way of them profits. They offer a few token efforts for "greener" energy but it seems like they're going to make environmental agencies more toothless when it comes to dealing with private industry .

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

that mine in norra kärr is probably gonna get built now :smith:

its just overlooking one of the biggest and cleanest lakes in europe, what could go wrong

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf
lmao who brings up CCS in 2022

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Gratulerer med valget da, Sverige:
https://mobile.twitter.com/JonathanLeman/status/1580916818847600640

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Gonna be a lot more of that, juxtaposed with an increasingly sweaty Kristersson insisting that only the best Swedish values are represented in his government.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Did any one say Volkpartiet yet?

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

zokie posted:

Did any one say Volkpartiet yet?

So the new government + SD is Tidölaget?

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

SplitSoul posted:

Even a graybeard like Per Clausen refuses to answer the question unequivocally. Wish I could travel back in time and show him what he's become.

You should go back in time and show yourself what you’ve become. Yikes.

Anyway, the radikals get to pretend to be set-in-stone against it, because everyone knows that they don’t actually have any set-in-stone principles, and everything is a negotiation where they might at any time give up any policy if they feel they get enough for it. Everyone will poo poo on enhedslisten (most of all enhedsliste voters) if they step even slightly outside whatever idiot fantasy that person has about what endhedslisten stands for, or is supposed to stand for if only they were Stalinist enough.

I 100% think they should say ‘no loving way. No government with our support is going to be allowed to do that’ but I understand why they don’t.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Aaaaand she's been suspended by the party. That seemed inevitable.
I'd be shocked if she was removed as host on their online media channel Riks though

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Revelation 2-13 posted:

You should go back in time and show yourself what you’ve become. Yikes.

I'll be sure to also explain to myself how it's actually "amazing" when Danish neo-nazis go to war zones and get to promote themselves as concerned citizens on national television.

But hey, keep running interference for nominal leftists who don't dare to unequivocally reject shipping refugees to camps abroad, to a country where refugees are routinely brutalized by the state, and opposition and journalists have a tendency to mysteriously disappear. Thinking that should just be a given is obviously an idiot Stalinist fantasy, a real yikesaroo. Don't the dumb tankies know there's an election on and the time for such dangerous ultimatums is after you've already voted?

Rosa Lund posted:

Aftalen med Rwanda signalerer et menneskesyn så klamt, at jeg ikke kan finde ord for det.

Also Rosa Lund posted:

Jeg kan ikke afvise, at vi vil blive ved med at støtte en regering, der gør det her.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Oct 15, 2022

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the rwanda thing is all about avoiding immigration as a major issue in the election. it's pure strategy. this is not, of course, illegitimate, but in a situation where a social democrat-led government depends on EL for support it's very possible that they could in fact prevent it from happening by being clear that this is not on the table.

if this is not the end of the line, then it's not clear where that is with regards to asylum seekers; in practice, one stops being their champion when one is unwilling to prevent them from being sent to weird prison camps in rwanda of all places

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

V. Illych L. posted:

the rwanda thing is all about avoiding immigration as a major issue in the election. it's pure strategy. this is not, of course, illegitimate, but in a situation where a social democrat-led government depends on EL for support it's very possible that they could in fact prevent it from happening by being clear that this is not on the table.

if this is not the end of the line, then it's not clear where that is with regards to asylum seekers; in practice, one stops being their champion when one is unwilling to prevent them from being sent to weird prison camps in rwanda of all places

Instead of an absolute demand they want to produce a "forståelsespapir" which promises the refugees will be treated in accordance with human rights conventions, and if the government violates that agreement, then they *might* consider toppling it. Nevermind that the government has always provided bogus legal justifications for their nazi poo poo, or that similar "forståelsespapirer" have previously been a matter of contention and EL always ended up backing down.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/mrhenko123/status/1581257452196356097?s=46&t=cUBoJJooluYcQYoEwQ3TJA

The picture is from Nordfront so beware, nazi text. But at least it’s not technically giving them traffic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/zEEA0q/sd-tar-fallenkvist-ur-tjanst

Helg förlust?