Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Had no idea kader was doubtful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

We are a groin re-aggravation from Igbinoghene vs Justin Jefferson

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

fsif posted:

You have to understand this all sounds a bit conspiratorially to non-Dolphins fans.

agreed, I knew you would come around to reason

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

oooooof

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ehud posted:

I guess?

I'm just going based on the reporting of the Miami Herald. And I'm only talking about it because other people brought it up and asked a question about it.

The articles are paywalled, but this is the closest thing I can find in his tweets:

https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1579587129696743424?s=20&t=0EBH9RI0G0wW69VyCDbuyg

So, he alleges that Bridgewater didn't have a concussion, but there's nothing that suggests he can't be removed from the protocol by now.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

fsif posted:

The articles are paywalled, but this is the closest thing I can find in his tweets:

https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1579587129696743424?s=20&t=0EBH9RI0G0wW69VyCDbuyg

So, he alleges that Bridgewater didn't have a concussion, but there's nothing that suggests he can't be removed from the protocol by now.

It was reported by ESPN’s Dolphins reporter that he passed the concussion evaluation on Sunday.

https://twitter.com/marcel_lj/status/1579173223748411392?s=46&t=jWgKAv8GQTAMkA3VZILZtg

NFL mouthpiece also said the same thing.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1579174344902979586?s=46&t=jWgKAv8GQTAMkA3VZILZtg

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ehud posted:

It was reported by ESPN’s Dolphins reporter that he passed the concussion evaluation on Sunday.

https://twitter.com/marcel_lj/status/1579173223748411392?s=46&t=jWgKAv8GQTAMkA3VZILZtg

NFL mouthpiece also said the same thing.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1579174344902979586?s=46&t=jWgKAv8GQTAMkA3VZILZtg

I'm not disputing that Teddy passed the concussion checks on Sunday (like Tua did); I'm disputing that he can't leave the protocol today.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
We need a TUAnon investigation of all this.

Tyreek knows something is up.
It's no coincidence that tape by the ping pong paddle formed a question mark!

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Coach put it best today during his press conference.

“Can we, for the first time all week, talk about the Minnesota Vikings?”

And then the reporters said no.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

fsif posted:

I'm not disputing that Teddy passed the concussion checks on Sunday (like Tua did); I'm disputing that he can't leave the protocol today.

I’m pretty sure you can’t just fly through all 5 phases of the protocol as quickly as you want.

The whole point of it is you introduce supervised activity, get examined by the doctor for symptoms, introduce more activity, get examined by the doctor again, etc.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Ehud posted:

I’m pretty sure you can’t just fly through all 5 phases of the protocol as quickly as you want.

The whole point of it is you introduce supervised activity, get examined by the doctor for symptoms, introduce more activity, get examined by the doctor again, etc.

We’ve seen a bajillion folks with a concussion clear it in less than a week, Tee Higgins did it week 1 for instance

It is a bit odd

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

fsif posted:

He can’t be removed from the protocol, he has to complete it. Non-contact practice is phase 4.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Bellmaker posted:

We’ve seen a bajillion folks with a concussion clear it in less than a week, Tee Higgins did it week 1 for instance

It is a bit odd

Bridgewater practiced today and will be active on Sunday.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ehud posted:

Bridgewater practiced today and will be active on Sunday.

Wait so he's available and they are still starting Skyler Thompson? Why?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Great question

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mcmagic posted:

McDaniel says they feel better about Skylar with a full week of practice than Bridgewater with one day of practice, but that Bridgewater will be QB2 in an emergency.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ehud posted:

McDaniel says they feel better about Skylar with a full week of practice than Bridgewater with one day of practice, but that Bridgewater will be QB2 in an emergency.

A lot of vet QB's don't practice at all and then play in the games. The difference between Teddy and Thompson is pretty large.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

mcmagic posted:

Pick from these options:

Bridgewater kind of sucks

He’s had limited practice time this week

They’re exercising an abundance of caution because even though nobody seems to think he had a concussion they’re terrified of the repercussions if they put him out there and he takes a bad hit to the head and gets seriously hurt

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Even McDaniels is apart of the cabal

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

mcmagic posted:

A lot of vet QB's don't practice at all and then play in the games. The difference between Teddy and Thompson is pretty large.

If they can’t make the playoffs without winning this game, they don’t deserve to make the playoffs*.

* - assuming no more fuckery which lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Pick from these options:

They’re exercising an abundance of caution because even though nobody seems to think he had a concussion they’re terrified of the repercussions if they put him out there and he takes a bad hit to the head and gets seriously hurt

yeah

This is pretty much what I think.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Dolphins D better take over the game if they are going to win a game that Thompson starts.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Buddy you ain’t wrong

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
https://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/1581067430897790977?s=46&t=Njnkypoxh6PT8Zz-zVvJ3g

:rolleyes:

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Well, the Steelers' defence has ascended to a stratospheric level never seen before...

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ehud posted:

Yeah fair enough. I felt like I remembered players with actual concussions completing the protocol by this point in the week, but l looked up a few from this year and they weren't cleared until right before game day.

Won't doubt TuAnon again.

fsif fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Oct 15, 2022

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I've heard Flores was a huge proponent of not just ping pong but also kanjam.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Pick from these options:

I think there's also the possibility that they realize they can't be perceived to be rushing Bridgewater back or complain to the NFL about it so they're going to pointedly comply with the entire thing and hoped that "hey why is the NFL making a guy without a concussion sit two games for a concussion" gets some traction. It didn't beyond the local media who sure seem like they've gotten a nudge from the team, so it'll ultimately be a futile gesture until either the NFL does it in a higher profile situation or they'll quietly drop it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The NFL absolutely isn’t going to drop this because one team feels slighted. The concussion protocol itself wouldn’t have survived if a team felt that their important player shouldn’t have sat out for clearly self serving reasons

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I've heard Flores was a huge proponent of not just ping pong but also kanjam.

Kumite will be the new Bountygate.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I mean either Teddy really did have a concussion or the Dolphins are sitting him for purely team-related reasons.

The optics thing doesn't make sense. No one is going to care about Teddy playing a 1 PM game when there's no footage of him stumbling or lying around unconscious. And, like, he's still going to be active.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Nah optics are a clear possibility, as has been hinted repeatedly

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Then why would Teddy dress at all?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

fsif posted:

The optics thing doesn't make sense. No one is going to care about Teddy playing a 1 PM game when there's no footage of him stumbling or lying around unconscious. And, like, he's still going to be active.

The team that played a guy a week after he got a concussion and got ripped in the media when he suffered a horrible head injury doesn’t want to play another guy a week after he was taken out of the game and put in the concussion protocol and risk him having a horrible head injury.

It’s not that complicated. If Teddy was actually good they’d probably risk it but he’s not so they’re taking the safer option and trying to lay low and not draw any more attention while they wait for the Tua stuff to blow over.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Teddy dresses because Miami then has no choice but to play him if Thompson goes out and you simply have to deal with people who will fake outrage

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fsif posted:

Then why would Teddy dress at all?

They want the credit of not risking him starting and getting hurt without actually doing the smart thing (sitting him) because doing that would mean their only QBs left are Skylar Thompson (rookie 7th rounder) and Reid Sinnett (lifetime practice squadder), and at that point forfeit is an option if either of them get hurt too

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Apologies for being so dense, but how does Miami get any optics wins for having Bridgewater active as a backup? I don't think there are a chorus of people who demand Teddy sit in the first place, but if there were, why would they be okay with him being a backup? It's okay to risk his health in this case because there's only like a 3% chance he sees the field?

That feels like the worst of both worlds—they're playing the worse QB while also not really getting points for protecting their players.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’m not sure how to explain it any different than all the posters above who have tried so perhaps this is an agree to disagree situation

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

fsif posted:

Apologies for being so dense, but how does Miami get any optics wins for having Bridgewater active as a backup? I don't think there are a chorus of people who demand Teddy sit in the first place, but if there were, why would they be okay with him being a backup? It's okay to risk his health in this case because there's only like a 3% chance he sees the field?

Because video of Teddy sitting on the sidelines is a non-story but video of a second Dolphins QB laying unconscious on the ground after a head shot the week after the team doctors cleared him out of the concussion protocol would be another round of brutal news stories.

It’s a hedge against an unlikely, but not impossible, outcome that they badly want to avoid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

The NFL absolutely isn’t going to drop this because one team feels slighted. The concussion protocol itself wouldn’t have survived if a team felt that their important player shouldn’t have sat out for clearly self serving reasons

The standards that got applied to Teddy Bridgewater are under basically no circumstances going to make it to the end of the regular season.