Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

FireWorksWell posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gXlauRB1EQ

If there's one thing you should know about it, it's this.
Great video suggestion. I legit thought Roblox was just a free to play Minecraft ripoff lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I think it predates Minecraft, I remember playing it for a bit in the 00s but time just feels fucky to me these days.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
It's the longest surviving attempt at a kid version of second life

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Weird start to my point, but my kitten likes watching cartoons so I popped on some early Simpsons. It was the first Treehouse of Horror and the first Thanksgiving episode.

It really struck me how visually creative it was. The whole segment with the haunted house dramatically shifting colors as it alternated speaking and listening, the vivid green shadows in the abduction sequence and the hot red shadows in the ALL YOUR FAULT sequence, a fluid little background animation of Lisa cartoonishly pulling Maggie from her high chair, a first person POV of Marge kissing Bart, loads of excellent extreme angles in The Raven... All this stuff wasn't strictly necessary for telling the stories, but it added such flourish and style! You could tell everyone was into it, from storyboards to layout design to colors to animators. It was just so nice to see.

Anyway, my kitten jumped on the bed and watched about 10 minutes before he fell asleep.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

FireWorksWell posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gXlauRB1EQ

If there's one thing you should know about it, it's this.

Holy hell, no wonder the games industry is going to poo poo. This is what sells.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Roblox is fascinating, you owe it to yourself to at least check out the weird clickers and tower defense games that millions of kids are playing on that thing. It's basically the videogame platform for an entire generation of children.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The worst thing is that this shows they could at least make the show look good and reasonably well-animated if they wanted, but they actively choose to make it look like rear end instead, lol

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Kitten pictures please.

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Did they actually do a Roblox episode?

Maybe you confused it with the lego episode? God knows i thought Roblox is just lego on the PC

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

I Love Loosies posted:

Maybe you confused it with the lego episode? God knows i thought Roblox is just lego on the PC

Is it? I've seen the comparison between Roblox and Lego but I've only ever been on the consumer side of Roblox game modes. It's a game platform where people can make all sorts of microtransaction hell without having to actually develop and publish an app to do so. What actually makes it like Lego?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

IUG posted:

Kitten pictures please.

Post 10 minute mark. I need to get pics of him watching cartoons because he's extremely consistent about it.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Das Boo posted:

Holy hell, no wonder the games industry is going to poo poo. This is what sells.

Yeah, it's a nightmare. Some parents just don't pay attention to what their kids get into. It looks kind of like a lego game, what's the harm?

Actually, a few minutes after I posted that link I found out they're being sued for something involving predators.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
An adorable cat that watches cartoons sounds like a recipe for quitting your day job and making money from the internet

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Das Boo posted:

Post 10 minute mark. I need to get pics of him watching cartoons because he's extremely consistent about it.

I was cat sitting for my friends once, so I put on a Miyazaki film, since the feeling took me, and watching TV is a good way to feed the cat pets. So he sits in my lap, and starts being super lovey. But then he hears the first line of Japanese dialog and turned around and started watching the movie.

I made my friend's cat a weeaboo.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Das Boo posted:

Aw, fuzzy little sweetheart :kimchi:

Cemetry Gator posted:

I was cat sitting for my friends once, so I put on a Miyazaki film, since the feeling took me, and watching TV is a good way to feed the cat pets. So he sits in my lap, and starts being super lovey. But then he hears the first line of Japanese dialog and turned around and started watching the movie.

I made my friend's cat a weeaboo.

If you were a Rover employee, I'd rate you a 1.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Ugh

https://twitter.com/TheSimpsons/status/1581629789425008641

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

"What?! I'm not tangled up like this for fun, you know!"
What the gently caress

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

He looks like young Homer

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I hope isn’t afraid to be blunt when asking if there is a labor crisis in America today

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lol that you're actually going to watch this

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

did they forget the elin degenerous character they created last season? you know the one that appeared in the episode where cletus becomes a famous musician, not to be confused with the episode where his children become famous musicians, or the time his daughter mary became a famous actress

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Mantis42 posted:

did they forget the elin degenerous character they created last season? you know the one that appeared in the episode where cletus becomes a famous musician, not to be confused with the episode where his children become famous musicians, or the time his daughter mary became a famous actress

You’re speaking as if these writers watched last season and aren’t just randoms brought in for a paycheck thanks to their uuuuber funny twitter feeds

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Das Boo posted:

Quality cat.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Mantis42 posted:

Ellen Degeneres has also appeared as herself, albeit judging American Idol.

E: Which, thinking about it, also has Simon Cowell, as himself, distinct from Simon Cowell as the head of a prestigious day care Maggie tests into.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

oh you mean the ayn rand school for tots?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

WeaponX posted:

This would be an ok idea if it wasn’t for Marge’s voice. That thing is a war crime.

I watched my first episode of the Simpsons since ~Lisa Goes Gaga last week, for the Cinema Discusso October Horror Movie Marathon, and jesus loving CHRIST she sounds awful. All the voices sound off compared to how they used to be (ie. should be), but hers is just utterly awful. Did she get like a throat injury or something, or just stop caring and instead just do a bad Marge impression because who cares at this point?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

He's a good boy, but he's got no taste. My mom stuck on Planet 51 for him and said he watched for a good 20 minutes.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I watched my first episode of the Simpsons since ~Lisa Goes Gaga last week, for the Cinema Discusso October Horror Movie Marathon, and jesus loving CHRIST she sounds awful. All the voices sound off compared to how they used to be (ie. should be), but hers is just utterly awful. Did she get like a throat injury or something, or just stop caring and instead just do a bad Marge impression because who cares at this point?

She's an old lady that hosed up her voice doing 15 terrible seasons of a formerly great animated series.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah, occasionally I'll try to watch a recent Simpsons and Marge's voice is inevitably the deal breaker. I just can't take it.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I also thought that Roblox was just Minecraft but different so thanks for educating me Simpsons thread!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
In the new one, Krusty is doing a party for Kelly Clarkson's kids because he's broke. He finds out from Lindsay Nagle roaming her house that Clarkson is rich as a gently caress because of daytime TV money.

Meanwhile, Marge joins a focus group on daytime programming. She crushes it so hard that Lindsay Nagle hires her as a segment producer.

Krusty's show is essentially Ellen. He realizes he just has to be nice, not funny, which is much easier. He becomes Oprah levels of successful.

Marge comes to hate the job because it's so stressful and she's out of segment ideas. All the producers are losing their minds, although for some reason Krusty is not the mean one making it unbearable, it's all Lindsay Nagle.

The family + her sisters + Mrs. Van Houten + Moe stage an intervention on for Marge to get her out of her job.

A TMZ parody (TMI) finds out about the toxic work environment, which pisses off Krusty because it can't be his fault because he's barely there. He falls on his sword in an apology episode so he can go to daytime judge TV.

It's, like, alright for a late Simpsons. Had some actual jokes and such. All the episodes where Marge gets a job are usually at least OK.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

sounds like a perfectly joke-rich premise for a Marge episode, but:

The Moon Monster posted:

Yeah, occasionally I'll try to watch a recent Simpsons and Marge's voice is inevitably the deal breaker. I just can't take it.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

PostNouveau posted:

A TMZ parody (TMI)

and *this* is what got me to groan

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

and *this* is what got me to groan
I'm reminded that Lisa organically adopting the slang "DMY" was some of the last genuinely clever comedy writing I saw on the show before I stopped watching, and that was... season 10, episode 1 (a holdover from season 9)

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

that was also the episode where Homer's eyeball hemorrhaged comically out of his skull

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

it was followed by the series premiere of That '70s Show, which if it aired today with the same historical distance would be about stoned teenagers watching season 12 of The Simpsons

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

emgeejay posted:

it was followed by the series premiere of That '70s Show, which if it aired today with the same historical distance would be about stoned teenagers watching season 12 of The Simpsons

lmao good lord

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Now that I think about it, why isn't there a nostalgia-bait sitcom about growing up in the 2000s?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Toxic Mental posted:

You’re speaking as if these writers watched last season and aren’t just randoms brought in for a paycheck thanks to their uuuuber funny twitter feeds

now I just wanna hear Dan Castellaneta say "LISA, YOUR GAZPACHO HAS TURNED THE FOURTH OF JULY INTO THE FOURTH OF poo poo" in an angry Homer voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

DaveWoo posted:

Now that I think about it, why isn't there a nostalgia-bait sitcom about growing up in the 2000s?

Closest I've seen was Turning Red which admittedly nailed the ever-loving poo poo outta it.