Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

I thought for a sec, oh, is Bray just gonna be a normal guy who talks like a human being this time? I honestly didn't expect that.

And then they're throwing up drawings of moths and spirit Halloween skeletons on the titan tron while Bray talks to himself. :|

This just really proves the reporting that Bray had a lot of control over the Fiend character correct which means the odds of this being the Fiend part 2 are super likely. Which means it's gonna be super funny when this runs into Cody at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

SatoshiMiwa posted:

This just really proves the reporting that Bray had a lot of control over the Fiend character correct which means the odds of this being the Fiend part 2 are super likely. Which means it's gonna be super funny when this runs into Cody at some point

As long as one of them gets set on fire it’ll be good

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

someone else mentioned it a few days ago here I think but it really is wild that cody is going to be coming back to a completely different company lol

it's going to be really interesting to see how his character is handled going forward

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
If the Codyverse and the Fiend-verse intersect I might actually watch WWE again. Or at least those segments. Just out of the morbid curiosity.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Bummer that The Munsters didn’t work out but I’m glad Rob Zombie is landing on his feet in wrestling production.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Bummer that The Munsters didn’t work out but I’m glad Rob Zombie is landing on his feet in wrestling production.

my avs time to shine

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
The new song sucks, but Bray is back and I'm glad he will be fighting himself (and probably losing and becoming) an evil entity. When the copyright was put on during his entrance I knew the ending was going to be something cool.

Conrad_Birdie posted:

If the Codyverse and the Fiend-verse intersect I might actually watch WWE again. Or at least those segments. Just out of the morbid curiosity.

It would own because they're the only 2 people that don't act like WWE robots.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
is bray any closer to the fireworks factory this week?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

yea ok posted:

Uncle Howdy is scary as poo poo. Sure he's a nice enough feller but there's something off about him, like something could just make him snap. Captain Spaulding vibes and I know I'm not the only one who thinks that. Edge of my seat to see where this goes next.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

thought I had my monitor off for a second there

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

This is hosed up, use spoiler tags for this kind of stuff please

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/codeorangetoth/status/1581101373000597504

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

*person who’s never seen a horror movie in their life:”

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Lol Captain Howdy is a Twisted Sister reference. What a warped and creative brain this Bray fellow has.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

1glitch0 posted:

The new song sucks, but Bray is back and I'm glad he will be fighting himself (and probably losing and becoming) an evil entity.

Bray vs Bray, Feud of the Year 2022

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dimebags Brain posted:

Lol Captain Howdy is a Twisted Sister reference. What a warped and creative brain this Bray fellow has.

It's from The Exorcist.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

It's Geektropolis over there for this Bray stuff

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Hey, man, at least wait until the movie comes out before you deem it a failure.

*googles*

What the poo poo? I've literally seen nothing about it since it came out. No reviews. No people on Twitter riffing on it. Nothing.

Bray and Cody should just do one of those movie matches about their daddy issues at Wrestlemania. It would entertain me.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DeepDickPizza posted:

*googles*

What the poo poo? I've literally seen nothing about it since it came out. No reviews. No people on Twitter riffing on it. Nothing.

Bray and Cody should just do one of those movie matches about their daddy issues at Wrestlemania. It would entertain me.

I'm sorry they don't like your movie Mr Zombie

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

His lamp is blue now. Jenius

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Bray’s music is great if you’re looking for “walk up music for a preacher at a 2005 youth convention”

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

holy f*** this dude is twisted

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Um, bricks shat.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

DeepDickPizza posted:

*googles*

It's so loving bad no one wants to talk about it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vandar posted:

It's so loving bad no one wants to talk about it.

It was almost the worst movie he's ever made, and that says a lot

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Astro7x posted:

I still don't know how this Wyatt stuff is going to translate to a guy that wrestles wrestling matches.

4 months of cryptic tweets and promos followed by an 8 minute 2 star match against the Miz at the Rumble.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
What could be better than the Three Faces of Foley? How about the Six Faces of Wyatt

https://twitter.com/JamesGr31385075/status/1581171689232424963

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Uncle Howdy (new mask)

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Chris James 2 posted:

It was almost the worst movie he's ever made, and that says a lot

I read the Wikipedia synopsis and still wanted my money back

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://twitter.com/rustyangelxo/status/1581335156559749121
https://twitter.com/rustyangelxo/status/1581335190240374784

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Quite a writeup on the LORE OF THE FIEND

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I think Rusty is on to something, but Bray is definitely more maniacal. His good ol' boy persona is suuuch a red herring. The only thing I'm trying to decide is if Uncle Howdy is just a split personality aka The Fiend, but Bray is such a god damned genius that I can't imagine he'd go to that well again. Therefore Uncle Howdy has to be some kind of sinister being from the Wyatt farm. All I know for certain is that I am IN on whatever Bray thinks up next in that beautiful mind of his.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I liked The Lords of Salem and Halloween 2.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bartok posted:

I liked The Lords of Salem

:same:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i would simply wait for ryan satin to post the lore 5 minutes after wwe wants us to know

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Bruce Wayne is the mask.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Honestly, Bray's tapped into an incredible gimmick. poo poo like Lost and True Detective has proven that people are willing to go to insane lengths of speculation and theorycrafting if an entertainment product presents them with minimal clues about something creepy/mysterious/vaguely supernatural. That's great for engagement and buzz, but the fatal flaw of those shows is that they are narrative series that ultimately have to come to an end and provide resolution, which means telling the nutso speculation corner of your audience "Sorry, those theories you came up with were wrong," drawing their ire and dissatisfaction.

But wrestling has no set deadline for resolution. A guy can just go out there every week, drop something vague and let people's minds race. You might hit a point where a normal person goes "Hm, seems like he's just a kind of spooky evil guy in a mask who wrestles sometimes," but the true believers will never stop speculating, never stop dissecting every tossed aside reference, never stop coming up with grandiose theories that have no precedent for being shown on wrestling television — but that doesn't matter, because they have convinced themselves that Bray's genius is without precedent!

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

xbilkis posted:

Honestly, Bray's tapped into an incredible gimmick. poo poo like Lost and True Detective has proven that people are willing to go to insane lengths of speculation and theorycrafting if an entertainment product presents them with minimal clues about something creepy/mysterious/vaguely supernatural. That's great for engagement and buzz, but the fatal flaw of those shows is that they are narrative series that ultimately have to come to an end and provide resolution, which means telling the nutso speculation corner of your audience "Sorry, those theories you came up with were wrong," drawing their ire and dissatisfaction.

But wrestling has no set deadline for resolution. A guy can just go out there every week, drop something vague and let people's minds race. You might hit a point where a normal person goes "Hm, seems like he's just a kind of spooky evil guy in a mask who wrestles sometimes," but the true believers will never stop speculating, never stop dissecting every tossed aside reference, never stop coming up with grandiose theories that have no precedent for being shown on wrestling television — but that doesn't matter, because they have convinced themselves that Bray's genius is without precedent!

I think this really nails the problem with the Spooky Lore-Heavy type of character. People LOVE to speculate but at some point you have to actually progress a story and given that it's a Wrestling Show that runs 52 weeks a year into infinity so you can never really have a resolution to any of that Lore. I guess it's kinda ironic in that it ends up mimicking a lotta horror movie franchises where they would just go on too long and get so lost in decades of Lore that it just falls apart.

Also at some point there has to be Wrestling Matches which is also where it often falls apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Well, Bray also can plant seeds about future opponents and you can be vague about stuff like corruption or mind control, kind of like Malakai's mist or whatever.

What's good with a character like Bray is you have a ready made way to repackage someone in a stale gimmick like you did with Julia Hart

I think Liv might be getting that treatment right away