Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

DesperateDan posted:

some steel wool stuffed into the foam will make it a lot stronger and stop rodents eating it like it was cake too

Protip that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/ConHome/status/1581546857129742336

It's amazing how Jeremy oval office looks destined to be our next PM. Don't you love democracy?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
It's always the way, and it works everytime

They show you the whip so you accept the stick

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/ConHome/status/1581546857129742336

It's amazing how Jeremy oval office looks destined to be our next PM. Don't you love democracy?

he looks so “presidential” *swoons*

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Meanwhile in the other camp:

https://twitter.com/trussliz/status/1581560268597125121

e: I didn't click the link, but from the opening sentence, it just sounds like a regurgitation of everything she's been saying for the last few months. And I always find it weird that she talks of the deprivation of her youth, which was caused by Tory economics

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Also she didn't have any personal deprivation, it's all confected.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

CGI Stardust posted:

i'm curious what the emphasis on "Tunnelling" is about, is it a known tactic?

also interesting to see that newspaper printing is considered Key National Infrastructure

JK rowling thinks the woke trans brigade is tunnelling under her house to LOOK AT HER BOOBS AND FANNY :aaa:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Lungboy posted:

Also she didn't have any personal deprivation, it's all confected.

Same deprivation that my mother thinks we had growing up, in her head we were struggling on £80k a year because we didn’t own a horse.

(We could have owned a horse, she just wasn’t that into horses)

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

SixFigureSandwich posted:

A while ago ExtinctionRebellion blocked the Daily Mail's printing press. Patel immediately branded them terrorists and it was obvious that it spooked them

if i was in charge i would give people a special medal for stopping the daily mail being printed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol that's old crispixeseses's's biting topical wit on display, i reckon they should put me on that have i got news for you!!!! :)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Half the Traveller lads around here have horses and I'm sure they're not in the 1%.

crispix posted:

JK rowling thinks the woke trans brigade is tunnelling under her house to LOOK AT HER BOOBS AND FANNY :aaa:
That's Glinner in the tunnel.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

forkboy84 posted:

I should really do something about the hole in my bedroom wall before then.

(Not that dramatic, it's a hole on the interior wall where a headrest used to be, and at some point I guess it broke through & since getting a new bed I've not really bothered to cover it up, but there is a slight breeze some times in winter, I normally just put the pillows where it is to block it)

go easier in your wanking chariot imo LOL j/k!!!!!!!

if you take a picture or two i can share my expertise with expanding foam and polyfila gained from a long time living in an ancient house

oh right everyone else already did, we should start a club

we can discuss solutions for broken domestic plasterwork and our broken society

crispix fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Oct 16, 2022

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
an observation:

https://twitter.com/Mij_Europe/status/1581564887364354049

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Lol, I've got that folded up in a drawer somewhere with my Keith's pledges poster and the Daily Mail's GIANT MAP OF GREAT BRITAIN.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Crispix on a tear this afternoon

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

i loved that waitrose: the morningside customer base wouldn't be seen going near the reduced sections so i'd go in late of an evening and come out with bags of lovely stuff with change from a tenner

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Guavanaut posted:

Half the Traveller lads around here have horses and I'm sure they're not in the 1%.

That's Glinner in the tunnel.

are traveller lads circumcised? asking for research purposes

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
research prepuces more like!!!!!!!!!!!! :newlol:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

crispix posted:

i loved that waitrose: the morningside customer base wouldn't be seen going near the reduced sections so i'd go in late of an evening and come out with bags of lovely stuff with change from a tenner

They didn't like the poor students shopping at Morrisons so they changed it into a Waitrose :argh:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My mother is still Fumin’ that Waitrose has an economy range.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

There's a lot of active campaigning going on

This MP is meeting with his local Young Conservatives:
https://twitter.com/Rehman_Chishti/status/1581614907472379914

This MP is canvassing about local council issues:
https://twitter.com/LukeHall/status/1581286453685862400

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
My sister's mother-in-law works at a Waitrose and she's incredibly specific. It's fun sometimes to say 'You work in a supermarket, right?' and have her get all sputtery. I don't hate her but my goodness she's a tremendous snob.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

learnincurve posted:

My mother is still Fumin’ that Waitrose has an economy range.

the tinned tomatoes and a few other bits on the essentials range are amazing quality for the price

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
they used to make some orange chocolate biscuits i liked but i don't think they do anymore. thus society no longer has any use for waitrose

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Benefits of a solitary lifestyle:

Half my locally-living family have got covid. The half that haven't, I have just been told, have got nits, presumably picked up from my great-niece's junior school.

Waitrose essentials Greek yoghurt, lovely & creamy (the full fat one). Currently £1.15 for 500g.
Also, the only place round here that sells halva without requiring a mortgage (there are only 2 places including Waitrose. The other is the health food shop that sells tiny portions for about double what the 250g pack in Waitrose costs).

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Half my locally-living family have got covid. The half that haven't, I have just been told, have got nits, presumably picked up from my great-niece's junior school.

Well without a complete survey that also includes your locally-dead and locally-undead family it's hard to say for sure, but this suggests that nits are protective against SARS-COV-2 infection :thunk:

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1581621977067814913

Hope he wiped off the rod between each session

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
That's Black Rod's jpb

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

There is actually some consistency - although not really fairness - here. The sane conservative objection to the Corbyn government I along with most of this thread voted for was that it would result in exactly this collapse in market confidence. It’s the real-world reason to fear a radical government, because it will inevitably involve a substantial amount of misery for everyone in the short term. It’s a legitimate concern.

I don’t think any of the “sensible” Tories expected that the radical government that tanked the economy would have been them. Fuckers. But if there is a straw of hope in all of this, it is that whatever situation we land in after this will be about the same as after a radical left wing budget.

It may not matter because this is apparently hellworld and the electorate who actually vote don’t read the news and proceed ballistically on their own trajectory regardless. But if things happening mattered, it would severely discredit the threat of a radical left wing budget.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I've never been to Waitrose. Probably because my closest Waitrose is Stirling, a mere 150 miles south of here.

Beefeater1980 posted:

There is actually some consistency - although not really fairness - here. The sane conservative objection to the Corbyn government I along with most of this thread voted for was that it would result in exactly this collapse in market confidence. It’s the real-world reason to fear a radical government, because it will inevitably involve a substantial amount of misery for everyone in the short term. It’s a legitimate concern.

I don’t think any of the “sensible” Tories expected that the radical government that tanked the economy would have been them. Fuckers. But if there is a straw of hope in all of this, it is that whatever situation we land in after this will be about the same as after a radical left wing budget.

It may not matter because this is apparently hellworld and the electorate who actually vote don’t read the news and proceed ballistically on their own trajectory regardless. But if things happening mattered, it would severely discredit the threat of a radical left wing budget.

Important to remember that the only place where they went wrong according to these people was they didn't cut spending dramatically at the same time as cutting taxes. That's it. An idiotic situation to be sure.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/IsabelOakeshott/status/1581624402911047681

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Just lol

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
new chancellor who dis?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
7000 unread texts from Sunak

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

PK MKTS 😋

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I have discovered thanks to @happytoast that the video of Truss looking confused is even funnier if you play it backwards:

https://twitter.com/rantingauthor/status/1581331675065516033?t=g-n40ZCr83OVIg4--pm7gQ&s=19

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
https://twitter.com/rainbowgreens/status/1581674500050952192

https://twitter.com/rebelraising/status/1581674406690328576

largely a symbolic thing as they're two independent parties already but this is still a suspension of one of the few ties left between the two

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

It’s not an op, climate protesters and fair weather activists all think that poo poo is effective.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

HopperUK posted:

My sister's mother-in-law works at a Waitrose and she's incredibly specific. It's fun sometimes to say 'You work in a supermarket, right?' and have her get all sputtery. I don't hate her but my goodness she's a tremendous snob.

Do they hire a posher class of peon for the posh shop?

It's funny I've never actually seen a waitrose, or a john lewis, they're just not up here I think. I've seen a booths at the lake district once and that was fab, lovely deli counter and bakery, and a machine what for you can watch it torment real oranges to make you a bottle of juice.

E; according to the map there is a john lewis in leeds and in newcastle, and a builder's merchant of the same name in northallerton which is closest to me, and if I want a waitrose it's either newcastle, york, or harrogate.

We do have a parfett's cash and carry though.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

To be fair, unlike Erdogan, at least the wider party actually listened and forced her to pull back on all that poo poo. Truss's new economic policy lasted, like, a week?