Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

...how

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Not that I was gonna bother with it, but 30fps on a melee combat game? come on, i thought we were past this.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samovar posted:

...how

Just a reference.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Just a reference.

This seriously is making me want to check out this stupid game if they reference that a loving pink gay cat is a real thing in-game. That’s insane.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

This game honestly looks worse then Arkham Knight, it is absolutely wild to me that it’s capped to 30fps on next gen consoles

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ThermoPhysical posted:

This seriously is making me want to check out this stupid game if they reference that a loving pink gay cat is a real thing in-game. That’s insane.

It probably isn't worth picking up for that bit it does go all in.

I will say this though.

GK's version of Jason Todd is the most likable, sympathetic and enjoyable version of the character that has ever been written.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

My friend is upset because Jason isn’t sexy enough.

We’ll have to set up a support group for goons that can’t help themselves and bought the game. Being able to patrol Gotham with friends is what’s going to save it from not being an Arkham game.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Open Marriage Night posted:

We’ll have to set up a support group for goons that can’t help themselves and bought the game. Being able to patrol Gotham with friends is what’s going to save it from not being an Arkham game.

......gently caress wait til I can get goddamned ps5 first

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

It probably isn't worth picking up for that bit it does go all in.

I will say this though.

GK's version of Jason Todd is the most likable, sympathetic and enjoyable version of the character that has ever been written.

Fairly low bar but still good to hear

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Do not buy the batman game until after release. At least see how bad it is before buying.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Have you read Wayne Family Adventures? They had a really good one where Jason has a panic attack that I thought was really good.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

MorningMoon posted:

Not that I was gonna bother with it, but 30fps on a melee combat game? come on, i thought we were past this.

I can see it for PS4, maybe, but there's no way someone doesn't figure out a hack of some kind on the PC version.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Open Marriage Night posted:

Well, friend anyway.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think the PC version isn't locked.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Azubah posted:

Have you read Wayne Family Adventures? They had a really good one where Jason has a panic attack that I thought was really good.

It is in that vein. He is written as 'guy who went through serious trauma and is in therapy and coping with it, but genuinely loves and supports his friends and both accepts and offets emotional support' He is like a big gruff teddy bear and it makes him immensely likable in a way he never has been for me before.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

The non lethal guns are very funny

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

omg chael crash posted:

They are make believe so perfect for comic books.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

omg chael crash posted:

Honestly they are really just about as plausible as the non lethal spine shattering kick.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I appreciated in Spider-Man while obviously he was shattering bones left and right if you looked at it realistically (because that's what one does in a game starring a man with the proportionate strength, speed and agility of a spider) if you, say, knocked somebody off a roof as was very likely you'd see them webbed to the side of the building. It was a nice attempt at 'No, Spidey doesn't kill people you absolute weirdos.'

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
it's canon that spider-man is holding back so much 95% of the time that even a normie dweeb could sock him in the face and he'd feel it

it's the other 5% of the time that you better watch your rear end

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Superhero games exaggerate the power of attacks so that combat doesn't feel too soft and kid-friendly but ironically the violence ends up being a cartoon because obviously many of the attacks the heroes are shown using would maim or kill if it was at all realistic. The games can look realistic but may as well be Looney Tunes for how enemies survive the most over-the-top lethal brutality.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

omg chael crash posted:

In his early appearances the Punisher had the fig leaf of "mercy bullets" where he used normal guns but nonlethal ammo.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Dawgstar posted:

I appreciated in Spider-Man while obviously he was shattering bones left and right if you looked at it realistically (because that's what one does in a game starring a man with the proportionate strength, speed and agility of a spider) if you, say, knocked somebody off a roof as was very likely you'd see them webbed to the side of the building. It was a nice attempt at 'No, Spidey doesn't kill people you absolute weirdos.'

They have an hour to rescue that guy before the webbing melts lol

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

Considering Peter's backpacks from high school are still up he might have a different formula

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

muscles like this! posted:

In his early appearances the Punisher had the fig leaf of "mercy bullets" where he used normal guns but nonlethal ammo.

Yeah that was cool but not as cool as when he had MAGIC ANGEL WEAPONS

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Mr Hootington posted:

Do not buy the batman game until after release. At least see how bad it is before buying.

Never buy any game pre-release. This approach has served me well and saved me a lot money over the years.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

When is the embargo up on GK's reviews?

Edit: Nevermind, Metacritic said Thursday on Twitter.

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Oct 18, 2022

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ImpAtom posted:

Considering Peter's backpacks from high school are still up he might have a different formula

So they just slowly starve to death if the aren't near a window where people go.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

BiggerBoat posted:

Never buy any game pre-release. This approach has served me well and saved me a lot money over the years.

Gotta get that light up keychain. Mostly I’m just really bored, and want to get some gaming in before I start my new job.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Skwirl posted:

So they just slowly starve to death if the aren't near a window where people go.

I’m sure their horrified screams for mercy would be heard before then (and if not, they die of thirst before starvation anyway, unless it rains). At least they have a better chance than the poor bastards you can web to cars that explode.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

ThermoPhysical posted:

When is the embargo up on GK's reviews?

Edit: Nevermind, Metacritic said Thursday on Twitter.

Apparently the art book got sent out early and the endgame involves Bruce Wayne is still alive, but insane because he was resurrected by Talia in a Lazarus Pit, so the Knights have to take him down.

(Reminder: This is not in the Rocksteady Arkham timeline.)

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

The art book getting sent out early is kinda meh. You’d think WB would want to be more careful about that but seeing how WB is being run now, I don’t think they care. :v:

How’d the games get sent out early anyway? Is it mom and pop stores or just Amazon loving up again?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I love the whole non-lethal contrivance so much. Arkham Asylum had me in fits with the detective mode showing the guys who just got kicked off a floor and fell 20ft are still alive while wrapped around a fence, their bones distorted beyond recognition.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Peter is a job creator, there’s probably people making a full time living rescuing webbed ne’er-do-wells from various dizzying heights.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Damage Control takes them down. It's Manhattan, it's fine.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'm sure the shine is going to wear off at some point but Marvel Snap is a lot of fun so far.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Reviews for the Batman game seem pretty dire, not surprised but perhaps surprised at the depths of the scores being given.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I wasn't planning to buy it until it was on sale anyways, but poo poo, I wanted the game where I could be Nightwing to be good.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I wasn't planning to buy it until it was on sale anyways, but poo poo, I wanted the game where I could be Nightwing to be good.

I genuinely enjoyed it. The biggest problem it has is simply that it isn't Arkham but is very close to Arkham which makes the areas where it underperforms stand out more. That and the RPG elements feel needless but I feel the same way there as I do about the new Asscreeds

I admit that I probably bump it up a mental point for getting me to like *Jason Todd* Because I genuinely thought that was impossible

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Oct 20, 2022

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah reviews are sounding more mid than dire. Glad you liked it, ImpAtom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
The reviews all say it runs terribly on PC