Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Homeless Friend posted:

when fluffdaddy banned me i reregged instantly to make sure my achievement wasn't tarnished.

i'll be honest i totally get him reading your post in a racist way first. it was how i read it at first too. im sorry u got banned for it but it did sorta come across that way. i thought u got unbanned or something tho?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Issuing correction on previous post: smarxist has sent me two identical PMs calling me the new joshua moon presumably because he was so mad he clicked "submit" twice

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

i hope your covid isn't too bad and that you recover quickly :)

me too friend! thank you :)

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Issuing correction on previous post: smarxist has sent me two identical PMs calling me the new joshua moon presumably because he was so mad he clicked "submit" twice

oh my loving god

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mr. Fix It posted:

only good for a lousy silver medal in cspam, tho

this probation is going to put him at risk of missing the podium

Those people really need help or another hobby that's not detrimental to their mental health.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

im going to own myself and say that i dont know what the smarxist comic is referencing that makes it so funny. i mean i know hte post,but whats going on there. thank you, please be kind to me.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Found out you can circumvent the QCS post timer by posting a new thread.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

It's played out but this dude seriously needs to touch grass lmao

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

What's your avatar from? It seems familiar but I can't put my finger on it

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

anyways, gonna try to drop this now as i think we're at risk of running things into the ground

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

lobster shirt posted:

im going to own myself and say that i dont know what the smarxist comic is referencing that makes it so funny. i mean i know hte post,but whats going on there. thank you, please be kind to me.

He wanted to be banned forever and the staff did not quite comply

Also here's a cool rear end video on a cool rear end rifle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGKcvM2Hh4g

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Spanish Manlove posted:

What's your avatar from? It seems familiar but I can't put my finger on it

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I remember when you doxxed me in the mod discord

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Lady Radia posted:

i am afraid i was continuing the funny bit of doing insanely suspicious things that turn out to be normal.

Sigh, I'm a dummy

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

lobster shirt posted:

its a reference to the roguelike hades. the joke here is immediately after giving that monologue he has run off and died and respawned back at the start

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

It's the game Hades every time you die you restart from beginning.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Joey McChrist posted:

scrolling through all of this with a covid fever and lmfao this may be one of the more insane things i've seen on this forum

I had a bad fever a few years back (before covid), and was playing Dragon Quest Builders when a block slime appeared behind me out of the wall of a cave and I thought I was losing it, lol good times kind of

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

lobster shirt posted:

at the time the video game Hades had just come out and was very popular. in this video game you play a greek god trying to get out of a dungeon. you die many times and keep washing up back in that pool to try again. the author of this comic, arfjason, is drawing an ironic and humorous contrast between the tremendous self-confidence smarxist displayed striding off forever into a level 1 internet communist dungeon, versus the speed with which they washed up back here after being brutally owned elsewhere

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

lobster shirt posted:

Posting a big dramatic banme and going off to breadnroses, only to get run out of there and come back to SA trying to pretend that nothing happened.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

lobster shirt posted:

play hades

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

its a reference to the roguelike hades. the joke here is immediately after giving that monologue he has run off and died and respawned back at the start

Mohawk Potato posted:

It's the game Hades every time you die you restart from beginning.

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

at the time the video game Hades had just come out and was very popular. in this video game you play a greek god trying to get out of a dungeon. you die many times and keep washing up back in that pool to try again. the author of this comic, arfjason, is drawing an ironic and humorous contrast between the tremendous self-confidence smarxist displayed striding off forever into a level 1 internet communist dungeon, versus the speed with which they washed up back here after being brutally owned elsewhere

:tipshat: the video game reference is what i was missing, thank you!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

That's what I had a feeling it was lol, the art was so "unfinity" but didn't want to just blindly assume.

My favorite rhino in MTG is Perrie. He has a monocle and is really fun as a commander.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

maybe i will!

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

ya it was the timing that made it good, arfjason did a great job catching the zeitgeist and executing.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Haifisch posted:

On that note, I like the people insisting it wasn't a problem until outsiders started looking at it and posting about it. That's just scams 101: You get taken for a ride by someone who knows what to say to play to your sympathies and mental blind spots, and if you're scammed for long enough then you start doing the scammers' defense work for them(because the alternative is admitting to the world you got fooled, and also the grifter has probably spent a lot of time feeding you bullshit about naysayers who just don't want to see you succeed).
the thing is tho, even this is a fictitious, because people have been pointing it all out for years. This is what happens when you let something like that fester for so long. they want to blame it all on outsiders but thats such bullshit if you look at the thread historically lol

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

the thing is tho, even this is a fictitious, because people have been pointing it all out for years. This is what happens when you let something like that fester for so long. they want to blame it all on outsiders but thats such bullshit if you look at the thread historically lol

this feels a bit like an overstatement. i really dont think any of it is that bad. like it's embarrassing and sloppy and all that stuff but like. it could be resolved by doing anything EXCEPT melting down.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Spanish Manlove posted:

That's what I had a feeling it was lol, the art was so "unfinity" but didn't want to just blindly assume.

My favorite rhino in MTG is Perrie. He has a monocle and is really fun as a commander.

Bant is cool

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lady Radia posted:

i'll be honest i totally get him reading your post in a racist way first. it was how i read it at first too. im sorry u got banned for it but it did sorta come across that way. i thought u got unbanned or something tho?

I just paid, idgaf. I've spent money on the SA store on dumber crap. you can spend 7 dollars on a banner and it last for a whole dang month. thats value right there.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

i cant emphasize enough the series of genuinely absurd steps it took to get here lol.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Homeless Friend posted:

I just paid, idgaf. I've spent money on the SA store on dumber crap. you can spend 7 dollars on a banner and it last for a whole dang month. thats value right there.

holy poo poo

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Lady Radia posted:

this feels a bit like an overstatement. i really dont think any of it is that bad. like it's embarrassing and sloppy and all that stuff but like. it could be resolved by doing anything EXCEPT melting down.

i mean sure, but like, my point is this blowup isnt out of nowhere, and can’t be blamed on a few outside bad actors

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Homeless Friend posted:

when fluffdaddy banned me i reregged instantly to make sure my achievement wasn't tarnished.

that ban was :discourse:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Heath posted:

Bant is cool

Totally agree. it's really fun and all my favorite colors. Also keeping track of all the random types of counters is really funny and people's exasperation of "what the gently caress is an acorn counter?" never gets old

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I had a bad fever a few years back (before covid), and was playing Dragon Quest Builders when a block slime appeared behind me out of the wall of a cave and I thought I was losing it, lol good times kind of

lol sometimes some of the funnest gaming i've done was while my brain was boiling. i hope they make a third one!!

i'm dumbfounded (i really shouldn't be) that this is something that's come up multiple times over the years and no mitigation was done after the first blow up

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Spanish Manlove posted:

Totally agree. it's really fun and all my favorite colors. Also keeping track of all the random types of counters is really funny and people's exasperation of "what the gently caress is an acorn counter?" never gets old

You have an Agent's Toolkit in there right? Very underrated

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Holy poo poo

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Heath posted:

You have an Agent's Toolkit in there right? Very underrated

That card is so fun for 3cmc. It and forgotten ancient are my favorite cards in that deck for the amount of dumb bullshit they've caused

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

the most mysterious thing of all is that halfway through the original thread they were talking about doing things legit, making it an actual charity, he claimed he was talking with Jeffery of YOSPOS' lawyer so they were well aware of SA and its intricacies. People were joking about being board members!

and now we're here. it's all so baffling

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Is this where I apply to be a mod? It seems like an awesome unpaid job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

i mean sure, but like, my point is this blowup isnt out of nowhere, and can’t be blamed on a few outside bad actors

ah fair sorry. wasnt sure if ur point and i just love posting