Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i post about video games and hell sometimes anime and sports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

WarpDogs posted:

whenever I look at C-SPAM it's just a bunch of people sharing Twitter links, mostly without context. a mysterious place to be sure

that's always been the confusing part for me it just always seemed like Twitter for people who don't want to actually use Twitter

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Feels Villeneuve posted:

im going to start posting there :twisted:

One in, one out. Those are the rules

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

I used to have a lot of fun baiting them into posting dumber stuff but unfortunately I got jeffreyed.

jeffrey has a super weird style were he ganks a poster then does the super long epic admin post after. you get maybe 3 back and forths before he vanishes

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Herstory Begins Now posted:

i am upset about this because today I have agreed with at least 5 posters who i normally never agree with anything whatsoever on

I've been getting that same feeling a lot lately.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Homeless Friend posted:

jeffrey has a super weird style were he ganks a poster then does the super long epic admin post after. you get maybe 3 back and forths before he vanishes

for someone who earned a stupid amount of good will really quick he sure has done a masterclass in burning tons of it away for shits and giggle.

i guess i dunno if he gets giggles out of it tho is the thing. it seems like he doesnt like doing it either. it is just another absurdity in a long list, today,,

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i post about video games and hell sometimes anime and sports

Sick lib filth right here

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Lady Radia posted:

they cant all be that bad right? i had a couple good faithers PM me and poo poo. it's gotta just be some extremely loud and awful folk

The cspam video games thread is very good.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

the cspam art thread is also good but it's inactive for awhile now

maybe someone should be a patron

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Keep asking for money
Yell at anyone who questions you
Assault your borderline girlfriend
Need to pay child support
Kill yourself
All’s well that ends well

Works every time

VERY late to this party, but lol

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Keep asking for money
Yell at anyone who questions you
Assault your borderline girlfriend
Need to pay child support
Kill yourself
All’s well that ends well

Works every time

lol i missed this

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

sebmojo posted:

hey can i send u the unban cert that was meant for stux and then meant for tude. i sent it to az but they stopped returning my calls

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Lady Radia posted:

hey can i send u the unban cert that was meant for stux and then meant for tude. i sent it to az but they stopped returning my calls

Sure

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

sebmojo posted:

sounds bad.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

you'd think that, but it's actually the opposite

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

PROBATION 10/18/22 12:03am Captain Oblivious Accusation that fellow poster forms all of their opinions on opposite day. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. Koos Group Koos Group

this entry made me lmao

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Lady Radia posted:

PROBATION 10/18/22 12:03am Captain Oblivious Accusation that fellow poster forms all of their opinions on opposite day. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. Koos Group Koos Group

this entry made me lmao
lol

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

cspam can be good, the problem is just that the internet right now and excessive internet use can cause some people to go into emotional spirals of obtrusive, self-harming thoughts that cause them to slowly lose touch with reality. this is true for people who think that JFK is still alive or people who think that we can fix society by simply murdering everyone who wears a necktie for their job. cspam is the most common place on this forum for people to find each other and form weird relationships based on encouraging each other to be as miserable as possible, but a lot of cspam is just people innocently chatting about whatever, like most of the forums are, because we're all goons at the end of the day. this same attitude of extremist nonsense backed up by persecution complexes can be found everywhere you look, it's bad on twitter, its bad on reddit, etc.

something i like to do sometimes is check up on people who used to be intensely ride or die about leftist online politics in like 2019 and see if they still post in cspam all day. more often than not people who would accuse other posters of being capitalist shills and cuck libs back then now have a posting pattern where they mostly just post in sports chat threads or linux programming advice. which is good for them imo, everyone including me needs to exercise self discipline in not deliberately exposing one's own self to the worst parts of the internet for no good reason
Yeah, this rings true. I've seen a handful of people both on the forums and off who clearly needed to stop obsessively thinking about and linking every terrible thing they hear about the world 24/7/365, and it's impossible to convince them that they need to stop doing that because WELL THIS IS HOW THE WORLD IS SORRY FOR BEING REALISTIC WHY DO YOU HATE ME. No amount of "I agree that this is all lovely but also most people need a break from that stuff sometimes for their own sanity, can you at least stop dragging other people down with you" will work either. I haven't followed up on the ones I've lost contact with, but I hope at least some of them have pulled themselves out of the spiral.

I figure my brain's lovely enough without intentionally going out of my way to feel even worse all the time, which is a big reason I avoid cspam like the plague(the other reason is that I don't have the time/attention span to read much outside my bookmarks in the first place :v:).

I can't get over the insistence that wanting any actual stucture, accountability, or transparency in your org(and avoiding the possibility of being turbofucked by tax fraud or w/e) means you want it to be less functional. It's like the people who open coffee shops because they're in love with the idea of it and then fall flat on their faces when they realize there's actually a lot of boring/stressful poo poo they need to do to keep one running.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Haifisch posted:

I can't get over the insistence that wanting any actual stucture, accountability, or transparency in your org

It’s called a cell lib brain

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

MarcusSA posted:

But does it have a mitochondria? How else are you going to power it if you don't?

e: I was hoping to make this less stupid by circling back to the donut guy thread, but looking at his latest post I'm pretty sure he's just trolling now. :(

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Oct 18, 2022

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Cellll lib brain good times, come on!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lady Radia posted:

this entry made me lmao

Lol

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
sad lol at this post

Ronwayne posted:

Hey Plinkey, don't let the shitheads get you down, you've helped me with serious medical issues before and for that I am extremely grateful. They've cropped up again, anything helps. Thank you.

Request sent.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
The cspam in my head is perterbed by how much disposable income the dumbest motherfuckers on this site apparently have to throw away from their hosed up job where they answer emails or whatever middle class wankers do for work

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They should give me money

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Larry Parrish posted:

how hungry is your cat

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
"yeah its a scam but get this - they're ok with it, because i told them im a communist. what if they get rowdy and demand to see the numbers? easy, i'll just tell them i'm a double communist now"

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

some plague rats posted:

sad lol at this post

im not gay but $20 is $20

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

some plague rats posted:

how hungry is your cat

I never imagine feeding it so probably pretty hungry

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
feeding the cat inside your head

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Over 700 new posts in one night :catstare:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

The cspam in my head is perterbed by how much disposable income the dumbest motherfuckers on this site apparently have to throw away from their hosed up job where they answer emails or whatever middle class wankers do for work

lol if this piddly 3k a month has disturbed your mind you have been missing out big league on most of the forums. Looking directly into YOSPOS would destroy your mind, I recommend you go to SH/SC post your desktop threads and try and put a dollar count on all the gear.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

make a post in c-spam asking for some and I'll get it to you

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nanomashoes posted:

make a post in c-spam asking for some and I'll get it to you

:negative:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Homeless Friend posted:

lol if this piddly 3k a month has disturbed your mind you have been missing out big league on most of the forums. Looking directly into YOSPOS would destroy your mind, I recommend you go to SH/SC post your desktop threads and try and put a dollar count on all the gear.

How dare you insinuate an ugly gaming machine is a waste of money outside of the ps5 thread

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Lol that they rushed into the new charity attempt thread to poo poo on it, call it a CIA op, etc., and then went back to their thread to be like "heh just as predicted, that lib-brained fail second charity is already bogged down in debate and red tape"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

How dare you insinuate an ugly gaming machine is a waste of money outside of the ps5 thread

what do gaming machines have to do with the ps5. haha

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Martman posted:

Lol that they rushed into the new charity attempt thread to poo poo on it, call it a CIA op, etc., and then went back to their thread to be like "heh just as predicted, that lib-brained fail second charity is already bogged down in debate and red tape"

and somehow this is OK but responding to them in their stupid thread is being Insincere which is an instant ban. cool website lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I remember the first time someone said Jeff was just like Lowtax I lol'd but every time I've seen it since it's made slightly more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Gaming machine? This shows you have the mind of a poor person. How about 1600 dollar split keyboard (800/800 for each side) that requires a 500 dollar induction mat for wireless charging which itself requires 300 dollars in shipping because it can't be bent while shipped.