Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Wach Wilson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Green Bay defense is actually good. Zach now has Denver, Pats, Bills, Pats in order. All like top 5.

If he can manage minimal mistakes game manager status over the next month I’ll be very high on him.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

Apparently no QBs are good other than Mahomes and Allen, so who cares anyways

No idea where you're getting this from.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

fsif posted:

You watching this game? Even god tier QBs can manage sub 5 y/a.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

t a s t e posted:

Wach Wilson

Thank you.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Diva Cupcake posted:

If your talking about Herbert this is a pretty poo poo game from him.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

Oh I misinterpreted the post.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

fsif posted:

I mean I’m obviously joking somewhat, but…it’s kind of true? There has been a lot of mediocrity from supposedly very good or elite QBs this year. Mahomes/Allen are clearly on a tier of their own and no one is particularly close to that tier this season.

Also if the Broncos D can do this to Herbert next week in Denver is going to be, uh, interesting.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Taking exception to the Geno erasure.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Herbert is a fraud and Russ been cooked

This game sucks rear end

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Professor Funk posted:

I mean I’m obviously joking somewhat, but…it’s kind of true? There has been a lot of mediocrity from supposedly very good or elite QBs this year.

Good point. At least so far we have really quite a few examples of defenses asserting themselves and making alot of QBs look bad.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

pasaluki posted:

If your talking about Herbert this is a pretty poo poo game from him.

Exactly PF’s point. Herbert is a supposed top 5 QB and ummm he’s not been good. there’s only Allen and Mahomes and the everyone else.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Breece Talk is better than QB Talk anyways.

https://twitter.com/Michael_Nania/status/1582209554112458755

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It’s like these guys are playing another sport

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

fsif posted:

Taking exception to the Geno erasure.

Lmao fair

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Bills instagram is a must follow, this is amazing.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Imagine a Jets OC getting a HC interview?

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1582225786781593602

Also JetsTwitter found the PFF analyst. lol

https://twitter.com/NYJ_Matt/status/1582179639035731968?s=20&t=uFcucrpG3iW-FQlUzKt1fw

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Oct 18, 2022

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

lmao

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hahaha

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Irony being that the last Jets OC to get HC interviews was Brian Schottenheimer, who also got by more on his name then anything he has done.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
:thunk:

https://twitter.com/PFF_RyanSmith/status/1582039127402647554?t=5Jcg2jwzMwBdvxxiCVsgiw&s=19

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

syzpid posted:

Irony being that the last Jets OC to get HC interviews was Brian Schottenheimer, who also got by more on his name then anything he has done.

One of the major low points of the Bills playoff drought was when Brian Schottenheimer turned them down for an interview

The man would rather never be an NFL head coach than coach for that incarnation of the Bills. Even I couldn’t really blame him though!

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Guy seems reasonable to me :shrug:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

:siren: the jets are in the top 10 :siren:

https://twitter.com/richcimini/status/1582338313893339136?s=46&t=lMQuQpCVfka8sGJCXzlFNA

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I'm just happy to be a mid-range club instead of bottom feeder tier. Still can't believe we dropped from 2 to 3 in special teams after a FG block and punt block for a TD.

https://twitter.com/JCaporoso/status/1582356128058703873

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Very surprised Shimrra Jamaane hasn't posted this.

Albert Breer reports that things have been a little awkward between Jones and the Pats in the Zappe Zone. Claims Mac's freelancing is to blame for all the 50/50 balls.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/albert-breer-mac-jones-relationship-patriots-got-little-sideways

If a team source is feeding him that line it doesn't bode well for Mac getting the job back.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Very surprised Shimrra Jamaane hasn't posted this.

Albert Breer reports that things have been a little awkward between Jones and the Pats in the Zappe Zone. Claims Mac's freelancing is to blame for all the 50/50 balls.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/albert-breer-mac-jones-relationship-patriots-got-little-sideways

If they can get a 7th round rookie to play better than him who gives a poo poo what their relationship with him is.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Sheen Sheen posted:

One of the major low points of the Bills playoff drought was when Brian Schottenheimer turned them down for an interview

The man would rather never be an NFL head coach than coach for that incarnation of the Bills.

This, Moorman punting out of the end zone flyer, the 6-3 game and the 0-8 game against the Browns, the Peterman honeycomb hype video...

The Bills feel like they are going to begin a reign of terror and will get tons on the whagon which is fine, but the real Gs know how it used to be.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

pasaluki posted:

This, Moorman punting out of the end zone flyer, the 6-3 game and the 0-8 game against the Browns, the Peterman honeycomb hype video...

The Bills feel like they are going to begin a reign of terror and will get tons on the whagon which is fine, but the real Gs know how it used to be.

The Bills breaking my spirit in time for hockey season. The Sabres finishing me off by December.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/1582337526655635456?s=46&t=8_8bLe0T_bDrC5QFuYTCVw

Edmunds good

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

“Cleanup pressures” is borderline offensive

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

pasaluki posted:

I was at the 6-3 game. Sitting in the lower bowl. The guy next to us fell asleep, not even passed out drunk as is the norm at a Bills game. Just straight up took a nap.

Browns 6, Bills 3. Oct. 11, 2009. Ralph Wilson Stadium. Bills lose despite holding Browns QB Derek Anderson to 2 of 17 passing for 23 yards. Buffalo makes nine false starts and manages only a field goal against 32nd-ranked defense.

All 16 punts from that game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxHIZuE0WxA

Other classics from the drought https://www.democratandchronicle.co...ers/6336074001/:

Jan. 2, 2005: Pittsburgh Steelers 29, Buffalo Bills 24
Losing in week 17 to the Steelers backups, costing the Bills a playoff spot and gifting one to the Jets

Sept. 14, 2009: New England Patriots 25, Buffalo Bills 24
McKelvin's fumble in Gillette.
The Bills had outplayed the Patriots all game on the opening Monday night in Foxboro, and the Gillette Stadium curse was about to be eviscerated. Buffalo was up 24-13 when Tom Brady – back after missing all of 2008 with a knee injury – threw a TD pass to Ben Watson with 2:06 to go, but saw his 2-point pass picked off by Bryan Scott. On the ensuing kickoff, Leodis McKelvin fumbled and kicker Stephen Gostkowski – yes, the kicker – recovered at the Buffalo 31. Needing a TD to win, Brady delivered, hitting Watson from 16 yards out with 50 seconds remaining. "You're wasting your time guys, I've got nothing to say," said Terrell Owens following his Buffalo debut.

2007 MNF vs Cowboys. Cowboys 25 Bills 24.
Bills get two INT returns for TDs, a kickoff return for a TD and win the turnover battle, 6-1, but give up 10 points in the last 30 seconds to lose
This was the Bills' first home Monday night game since 1994, and it looked like a glorious triumph over the Cowboys, who were making their first appearance in Buffalo since 1996. Thanks to three return TDs by Chris Kelsay, George Wilson, and Terrence McGee, the Bills were up 24-16 when Tony Romo hit Patrick Crayton for a TD with 20 seconds left. The Bills denied Terrell Owens a 2-point conversion reception to preserve a 24-22 lead, but then somehow inexplicably failed to recover the onside kick, ala Brandon Bostwick Sunday for the Packers. Dallas recovered at the Buffalo 47, Romo was allowed to complete two sideline passes (the Cowboys had no timeouts), and that set up Nick Folk for the game-winning 53-yard field goal as time expired.

2012: 45-3 @ San Fran. I have no memory that this game ever occurred

2007: 56 Pats vs Bills 10

Dec. 4, 2005: Miami Dolphins 24, Buffalo Bills 23 J.P. Losman threw three TD passes to Lee Evans in the first 12:46 in Miami and the Bills looked to be on their way to a laugher. They did this in their first 14 offensive plays of the game. After a safety by London Fletcher, they had a 23-3 lead going to the fourth quarter, but the immortal Sage Rosenfels – who replaced the concussed and also immortal Gus Frerotte - threw for 272 yards in about 20 minutes of work including the winner to Chris Chambers with six seconds left. "I'm no Shakespeare. I can't describe it," said Losman, who threw for a career-best 224 yards, but also had two costly turnovers in the red zone. "Look at guys' faces and you can get an idea of what we feel like."

Sept. 12, 2004: Jacksonville Jaguars 13, Buffalo Bills 10 Another horrific opening day at the Ralph. The Bills played lousy on offense, but were ahead 10-6 with 1:18 left and Jacksonville QB Byron Leftwich was faced with 4th-and-14 from his own 34. He threw deep down the left sideline praying for a miracle, and Nate Clements provided it. Rather than knock the pass down, which would have been easy enough, Clements went for the pick, whiffed, and Smith caught the ball for a 45-yard gain. Moments later, the Jags converted a 4th-and-2 to stay alive, and finally, on 4th-and-goal from the 4 with four seconds left, Leftwich found Ernest Wilford for the winning TD. As I wrote then, "let the vomiting begin."

Edit: Almost forgot MNF vs the Brady Quinn Browns. Nov. 17, 2008: vs. Browns, L 29-27
https://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=281117002

th3t00t fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 18, 2022

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Sunday Morning posted:

The Bills breaking my spirit in time for hockey season. The Sabres finishing me off by mid October.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

And the uniforms…

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I went to that loving jags game

That and a blowout loss against the pats on some winter afternoon and a titans loss in prime Vince Young era comprise my full regular season Ralph experience

Actually no I saw them lose to the Favre jets too lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You forgot that the winning score was on a force out call too

Even as a kid I knew that poo poo was retarded

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

t a s t e posted:

That and a blowout loss against the pats on some winter afternoon and a titans loss in prime Vince Young era comprise my full regular season Ralph experience

Seriously gently caress Robert Royal for having no idea where his feet were.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Seriously gently caress Robert Royal for having no idea where his feet were.

The man was a fresh of breath air

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
I still remember losing a game because Eric Moulds caught TD pass, fell to the ground on his back and tried to statue of liberty the ball with one hand in celebration. The defender then knocked the ball out of his hands and the refs ruled incomplete.

No idea who that was against or what year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

t a s t e posted:

What up never seen my team win in person bro :hf: