Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sony is not for poor people, we've known this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So you pay 150 more to get 2 back paddles? That is it? Okay and replaceable parts which is cool but should be standard.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Well I'm sure PSVR2 is going to be affordable now.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Red Warrior posted:

Five nine nine

Barudak
May 7, 2007

fridge corn posted:

Five nine nine

One five nine nine

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
lmaoing at £210 for a controller. Wow. That is ridiculous.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Red Warrior posted:

My guess is still 500. Any cheaper would be nice but I don't think so.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I had two controllers that succumbed to stick drift and a third that now rattles like a cup of dice whenever the rumble feedback goes off. Sony is a joke

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its 30,000 yen for a goddamn controller. I balked at the elite v2 and thats 21,000 with mark-up.

What in the hot gently caress

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Are they doing the apple thing where items are priced way more expensive so it is more attractive to people?

Or are they going to start a leasing program so people can rent the controllers and consoles?

These prices are Chris Bridges.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Why does “winning” a console generation make these companies so damned arrogant

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

VideoGames posted:

lmaoing at £210 for a controller. Wow. That is ridiculous.

Veeg do an unboxing stream

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

That price is especially ridiculous given that I suspect you're SOL if something gets hosed with an adaptive trigger. Having a cheap fix for stick drift is good, but not enough.

Also it's a giant oof given the immediacy at which Sony is applying the new exchange rates, loving laffo at 3-man for a controller in Japan.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Aipsh posted:

Veeg do an unboxing stream

I will not be unboxing any of those!!! Not even if they released a pink version!!

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider

Aipsh posted:

Imagine not sitting down on December 12th or whatever and coming to the conclusion that no game came even remotely close to the almighty triumph that was Elden Ring, this year at the very least.

You can’t, it’s impossible. Unless you have spiders on the brain making you believe some nonsense interchangeable final fantasy game came out this year and that it wasn’t garbage

I don't have to 'imagine' very hard since that's already how I feel. I think it's the other way around and Fromfreaks have the poison brain. Observe how simply I can list some games I enjoyed playing more than ER so far this year.

Sifu, Tunic, Stranger of Paradise FFO, TMNT: Shredders Revenge, Cuphead The Delicious Last Course, Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels DLC

Maybe if it was my first/only Fromsoft game I might feel differently, but it's basically the just more of a core gameplay loop I'm tired of from them.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ReVerve posted:

Stranger of Paradise FFO

lmaoooooo

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

All those games which you say are better than Elden Ring, are in fact not better than Elden Ring

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Stranger of Paradise is one of the big sad trombone noises of the year

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I don't understand who the market is for a 200 dollar controller. The standard PS5 controller is great.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

ReVerve posted:

I think it's the other way around and Fromfreaks have the poison brain.

This is true but they don’t wanna hear it

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
back paddles more like backpedals amirite

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

History Comes Inside! posted:

This is true but they don’t wanna hear it

gosh darn it, man, i hate agreeing with you hahaha

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I LOVED Elden Ring. It is my favourite Fromsoft game.

However, I also played Metroid Dread, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, 3, The Surge 1, 2, Bloodstained, Inscryption, Kentucky Route Zero, Control, Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and am starting Symphony of the Night tonight so this is actually an exceptionally tricky choice.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

fridge corn posted:

Stranger of Paradise is one of the big sad trombone noises of the year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1IbHJjWRS0

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider

fridge corn posted:

All those games which you say are better than Elden Ring, are in fact not better than Elden Ring

Where did I say better? I said I had more fun playing them then I did ER. Pretty big difference. Must be that Fromfreak poison messing up your reading comprehension.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Volte posted:

What are you talking about

You made a long post talking about GamePass and it’s impacts on Sony and why regulators wouldn’t find certain arguments credible and I suggested that you could read the statements of the principle regulator (the UK Competition and Markets Authority) currently investigating the merger to find out exactly how they feel about GamePass and it’s affects on the market.

Volte posted:

I've long suspected that Microsoft's angle is to try to get Game Pass on Playstation (for example the wording of this statement from around the time of the Bethesda acquisition seemed like it had some subtext aimed at Sony).

Well, I hadn't even seen this when I wrote the previous post above but it looks like Microsoft basically confirmed my suspicions last week
https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1580239474126036992

These screenshots are from the MS response to the CMA issues statement I linked to in the previous post.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Oct 18, 2022

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There are games better than Elden Ring. Elden Ring isn't even the best From game (that's Bloodborne)

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The SCUF pro controller with back paddles is near perfect. Sure, a little creeky after a lot of use but the grips are way better and it’s customizable color ways and very quick to customize buttons. It comes with four back paddles. It takes a wait list sometimes to get one but it is an extremely good buy for a ps5 pro controller. There are certain games I just simply will not play without using it (Hardspace, any From game). Hardspace for instance, throw R3 and L3 on the back paddles and suddenly Newtonian navigation in space is loving easy.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Already the backpaddling begins…

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
me: i would like a controller with back paddles

jim ryan of Sony:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SoP is good but not as good as Elden Ring

I might put Xenoblade 3 higher than ER though for the top ten.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Can’t wait for the outcry in the GOTY poll when I put PowerWash Simulator over at least one MGS game

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Barudak posted:

A switch.

It costs one (1) switch

Excuse me?? Casnorf said in this very thread that switch's are only $100... so its more like 2.1x switches

bows1 fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Oct 18, 2022

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Switch Lite is the pro-est controller of them all. So pro its touchpad has a screen in it. And it works without pairing with a console, that's how pro it is.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Switch lite is just a bad steam deck

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

Switch lite is just a bad steam deck

Switch in general is a bad Steam Deck, especially now that Steam Deck can play most if not all of the good Switch exclusives better than the Switch can.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

when the Dualsense Edge 2 drops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOHqG1nc_tw

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Beat Tunic and got the good ending. That was great.

Plagues Tale has the highest LOD in scenes I think I’ve ever seen.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Wow, between the Silent Hill transmission, Resident Evil showcase and a $200 controller reveal, it's been quite a week for horror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

YOLOsubmarine posted:

You made a long post talking about GamePass and it’s impacts on Sony and why regulators wouldn’t find certain arguments credible and I suggested that you could read the statements of the principle regulator (the UK Competition and Markets Authority) currently investigating the merger to find out exactly how they feel about GamePass and it’s affects on the market.
They didn't mention Game Pass being on Playstation so I don't exactly know what you're getting at, in fact most of the times Game Pass appears in that document are about content becoming "Game Pass exclusive" (which I guess is a shorthand for "exclusive to platforms with Game Pass" but still seems misleading to be in a legal response). Even if that were the case, if Game Pass were to be on the Playstation, it would hardly be a losing position for Sony, even if it's not an outcome they relish.

The CMA response also is not on behalf of Sony. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to oppose any merger of this size, but Sony in particular being the incumbent market leader is uniquely afraid of losing that position to Microsoft. Sony's arguments basically boil down to "if this merger goes through, we might not be in first place by a huge margin anymore" which, even if it were true, is not an argument that any competition regulator ought to be taking seriously.