Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
LEAVE IT JACOB HE'S NOT WORTH IT

e: Tories, this evening

Only Kindness fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Oct 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Bonfire of the Cunts

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Apparently some Labour MPs recorded the lobby bullying on their phones. I hope they upload the footage

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
the lions have left the circus, and now the clowns are eating other clowns

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
What a shower of poo poo

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Angepain posted:

the lions have left the circus, and now the clowns are eating other clowns

Not unreasonably, lions don’t like eating pure shite.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
This is incredible and I wish to see more of it please

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
:allears:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I mean not that we should expect better but - physically forcing someone into a voting lobby seems like something that should be taken up with the Speaker, no?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

HopperUK posted:

I mean not that we should expect better but - physically forcing someone into a voting lobby seems like something that should be taken up with the Speaker, no?

It was, at the end of the vote.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

good clip here

https://twitter.com/Haggis_UK/status/1582806613781807104?s=20&t=d-SOu_KAljWgGO9TG4VeGg

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Being an American, I am not always hip to the certain.. subtleties of the British Politic System. But I have to know. Is it normal to have the devil show up in the UK in a Halloween-level "I am a normal Human" costume , and more importantly, get appointed to one of the most powerful posts in government?

(Considering this a Reuters photog who took this, I imagine their cameras have a good amount of red-correction, so the devil's eyes look must really be natural.. or the photog has it in for Shapps)

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Chris Bryant now calling for an official investigation into the bullying he witnessed, fair play to him for a bit of well-applied poo poo-stirring at a good moment.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Charles Walker is absolutely going off there, never heard a tory talk like this about their own party

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

This was so good

The line about talentless people ticking a box to get a cabinet position :discourse:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/REWearmouth/status/1582803182270713856

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Tories have been clown shoes for half a century, this was inevitable. Barrels do have bottoms and at some point you have to start tunnelling.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

That's an incredible statement from a backbencher

Like this is pure, unbridled chaos. Liz Truss could not have murdered the Tory party like she did the Queen any better if she actually tried to actively sabotage them

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Struggling to imagine what they could possibly sink to before they collapse. Open warfare with a bit of violence thrown in seems like the final stage before they'd happily VONC themselves just to end it.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Wow... Did not expect this from a Tory

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009

SirFozzie posted:

Being an American, I am not always hip to the certain.. subtleties of the British Politic System. But I have to know. Is it normal to have the devil show up in the UK in a Halloween-level "I am a normal Human" costume , and more importantly, get appointed to one of the most powerful posts in government?

(Considering this a Reuters photog who took this, I imagine their cameras have a good amount of red-correction, so the devil's eyes look must really be natural.. or the photog has it in for Shapps)

His Infernal Execllency, by parlimentary convention, always holds a ministerial position of some degree.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/david_cameron/status/595112367358406656

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

SirFozzie posted:

Shapps isn't the devil. He's at best a low tier demon with his dick stuck in a wheelie bin lid

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Truss deserves the grief for setting light to the British economy, BUT she did piss on its burning corpse so she's really part of the solution when you think about it in a grownup manner.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

fuctifino posted:

Wow... Did not expect this from a Tory

He's leaving for a life of public speaking at the next election and she can't do anything to him in practical terms. Why would he give a gently caress now?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

SirFozzie posted:

Satan himself is normal compared to some of the holders of ministerial positions

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Seth Pecksniff posted:

That's an incredible statement from a backbencher

Like this is pure, unbridled chaos. Liz Truss could not have murdered the Tory party like she did the Queen any better if she actually tried to actively sabotage them

Not an empty quote

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The real Satan has been hiding in plain sight all along

e: https://twitter.com/mikeysmith/status/1582812300708544512

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Let me state in this thread of record:

LOL!!!!!!

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/1582811977637801984

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

i'm now compulsively refreshing 5 tabs because i'm afraid i'm going to miss the exact moment when truss resigns

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

How have I chosen tonight to go out

Literally what the gently caress is happening with our government

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I hope she clings on to power. The longer she stays in, the more damage she does. This is all loving hilarious, and I think there are more LOLs to be mined

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://twitter.com/TheCentreLefty/status/1582791769892491268?t=rdhmG9uEwGH1SPoIHzeMhA&s=19

lmao

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

So is it gonna be Prime Minister Hunt then? I don't see who else takes over

Unless....

miss me yet?

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

fuctifino posted:

I hope she clings on to power. The longer she stays in, the more damage she does. This is all loving hilarious, and I think there are more LOLs to be mined

But you forget about the prospect of another Tory leadership election.

Skulker
Jan 27, 2021

Duuuuuude!
2025: The tea lady, who has been acting Prime Minister for the last half an hour, calls a vote of no confidence on herself and then explodes.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

But you forget about the prospect of another Tory leadership election.

There won't be one. It'll be a crowning next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Jeherrin posted:

I picked the right/wrong evening to have a three and a half hour train journey in a truncated two-carriage rattlebox. This thread and twitter should pass the time beautifully.

I picked the wrong evening to take a 2hr nana nap from 615-815pm.... this is all so exciting I've had to mute the tv so I can concentrate on catching up!

Thing is, this kind of thing (maybe not QUITE so bad) is what I expected would happen had Corbyn won an election - MPs in open revolt, crossing the floor & so on.
(NOT saying Corbyn is anything like Truss obviously but very unpopular with the PLP so they would have undermined him at any opportunity).

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 19, 2022