Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

.Z. posted:

Is it really though? In this world of tiktok/tiktok-style videos and all their cuts?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTkJlMz5jlU

edit: Replacing video with more recipe appropriate one.

Some people are classy Chef John fans, and other people like whatever the hell this is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

ElGroucho posted:

Some people are classy Chef John fans, and other people like whatever the hell this is

I love Chef John.

I keepa a few of his recipes in my back pocket and they're always a hit. His stuffed pepper recipe single handedly managed to change my wife's mind on peppers.

And his butternut squash soup never fails to satisfy.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Renegret posted:

I love Chef John.

I keepa a few of his recipes in my back pocket and they're always a hit. His stuffed pepper recipe single handedly managed to change my wife's mind on peppers.

And his butternut squash soup never fails to satisfy.

Chef John taught me to debone a turkey, which I've done twice now. It's hard as hell but very worth it.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Just want to tack on to the Chef John likes. After all you're the Turtle Dove of your Chef John love.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Eennnnjoy!

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

This is now the Chef John Appreciation thread.

It's a bit of a trip to watch his older videos, before he started doing the Voice.
Like his most watched video, the grilled cheese:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlTCkNkfmRY

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
It was someone in this thread who posted his Genovese recipe, specifically as something to do with a costco sized bag of onions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TJMqmscRS8

I still haven't made it because of the time investment but it's on my bucket list.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
Bought a tub of Pulmuone kimchi from the 'sco last week. Expiration date is sometime in December. Opened it yesterday and had some. It... wasn't great. A couple bites tasted plasticky and less than an hour later I had completely liquid shits.

Normally I'd just toss the rest but it cost $9 and I need to fill up my car tomorrow anyway so I'll be taking advantage of the generous return policy for the second time in three years of membership.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I tried some ancient grains probiotic granola as a change from the Kirkland granola and I'm pretty sure it's the reason my poo has been the consistency of algae

Also it tastes kind of bad, would not recommend

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Don’t blame Costco just because you’ve the digestive fortitude of a toddler.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Too many biotics in that man's pooper

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Just had a Costco hotdog for lunch. Still no onions.:mad:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Someone should just buy that surplus onion crank, put on a yellow safety vest, and install it yourself.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Johnny Truant posted:

I tried some ancient grains probiotic granola as a change from the Kirkland granola and I'm pretty sure it's the reason my poo has been the consistency of algae

Also it tastes kind of bad, would not recommend

Don’t eat your poop dude

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I wonder how much money you could make if you sold sauerkraut and onions in the foodcourt. Just working out of a insulated bag, giving people the nod whenever you see a hot dog in their hand. The Costco food court pusher.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Ancient Grains is good, but that's because it's full of sugar.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I need some kind of indoor-outdoor lined flannel/thermal/hoodie, anything I should look for? Aiming for a men's since theirs are usually so much higher quality, but the downside it has to go up to a 3x since they don't build in chest room. I'm not a Costco habitué but I'm getting a chance to go with a friend tomorrow, so teach me your ways

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Anne Whateley posted:

I need some kind of indoor-outdoor lined flannel/thermal/hoodie, anything I should look for? Aiming for a men's since theirs are usually so much higher quality, but the downside it has to go up to a 3x since they don't build in chest room. I'm not a Costco habitué but I'm getting a chance to go with a friend tomorrow, so teach me your ways

32 Degree stuff is a great thermal layer

FogHelmut posted:

Ancient Grains is good, but that's because it's full of sugar.

It was full of sugar but also just had a taste that was off to me

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ShowTime posted:

I wonder how much money you could make if you sold sauerkraut and onions in the foodcourt. Just working out of a insulated bag, giving people the nod whenever you see a hot dog in their hand. The Costco food court pusher.
ALL BEEF hot dogs ...($1.50)... with ONION (and more.... no extra pennys on the dollar )...and ICE COLD beverages....from the fountain. come get u some.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Love my $250 "light" Costco trip now!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I ate a hot dog from Costco today, the burps are reminding me of it occasionally. Good poo poo :)

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Feelin like a Costco Friday

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Costco doggin' this weekend? :thunk:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Feelin like a Costco Friday

Would not recommend. I usually do a Costco Friday and have no issues. Even though it might be fairly busy, I can navigate and get in/out fairly quick. It was madness today. Like Saturday lunchtime, Sunday right after church madness. We gotta remember, we are getting to that point of the year with holidays and such, so more and more people are going at unusual times for holiday meal prep and gift giving. There were a good 3-4 times two old people had completely blocked off the big transit lanes catching up with someone they hadn't see in awhile. And the older couple in front of me spent a solid minute looking for their receipt before having to go back for a copy. How you lose your receipt that quickly i'll never understand. I kind of felt bad about that one though.

They did have a new item at my local I picked up: HiLo cheese puffs. HiLo is a low-carb brand of chips/snacks that usually have like 3-4g of carbs per serving. They are made with Almond Flour usually, but are also pretty affordable. They are usually only like $5-$6 a bag, for a pretty big bag, and elsewhere that kind of stuff would be $10+. These cheese puffs aren't as good as the chips and the chips honestly taste pretty drat good. Think like diet Dorito. But the cheese puffs weren't as good. I'd still probably get them if you eat low carb and have them, because finding good snacks is hard on this diet, but they aren't nearly on the level of the diet Doritos, so don't get your hopes up.

Also, I picked up 30 packs of full size candy bars because they are like $4 off. $10 for 30 full size candy bars? Yea, i'm gonna be the star of the neighborhood this year. They are good bars too, not that bullshit. Butterfinger, 100 Grand, Baby Ruth and Crunch.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Laterite posted:

Love my $250 "light" Costco trip now!

"wow, we're under $200, we did great this trip!"

anytime anyone says that, including me, the total was $199. but technically ...

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I went. Wasn't too bad at around 11, but could definitely tell the gas line and the cashier checkout lines were longer than typical. Got some of those discounted kirkland diapers for my friend's baby shower that were recommended, also some discounted dubliner cheese (and eggs of course). I'll definitely look out for those low carb chips the next time I go.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Psion posted:

"wow, we're under $200, we did great this trip!"

anytime anyone says that, including me, the total was $199. but technically ...

Yeah but how often do you go to Costco and do you get groceries anywhere else? Because if you go, say, 2 times a month and that's it? poo poo that's $400 a month, that's good as hell

Even twice that for $800 is good, depending on where you live and how many people in your household

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

poo poo, I should probably go to Costco.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Just got back from Costco :cool:

Bought a packable blanket for just over 1/3 the price of a Rumpl and a cookie decorating kit for a Halloween potluck, and I forgot to buy the cashews I went in for.

Oh, and gas for 40 cents cheaper a gallon. Hell yeah.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Gonna get a car battery.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

FogHelmut posted:

Gonna get a car battery.

good idea imo

Toxic Mental posted:

Yeah but how often do you go to Costco

not that often, so it's really quite reasonable. We tend to have fairly low purchase trips and every few months a large one as a bunch of staple items come up at once.

oddly enough the only thing we couldn't get this last trip was peanut butter. I know Jif had that enormous recall but that was a while ago, yet Costco had nothing except skippy creamy I wanna say? Normally they have 4-5 types.

also I saw an aisle that was half Pepsi product and half Coke product. Wasn't someone saying Costco only stocked one or the other? Not here anyways.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

Yeah but how often do you go to Costco and do you get groceries anywhere else? Because if you go, say, 2 times a month and that's it? poo poo that's $400 a month, that's good as hell

Even twice that for $800 is good, depending on where you live and how many people in your household

I go roughly twice a week, but I also live about 3 miles from my Costco. 99% of the groceries I buy are from Costco and i've gotten my grocery bill down to about $250-$300 a month for a single person. But I mostly eat the same things. Lots of rotisserie chicken, salad spring mix, spinach and eggs. Occasionally I pick up stuff like seasonings, dressings, wraps and other variants of stuff when I get too bored eating that. But that stuff goes a long way. I just got a new Kinder's spice called Woodfired Garlic and it sounds delicious. My rewards earned are only $68.29, which is down from last year by quite a bit, so i'm definitely spending less and less, even in a year of inflation.

Edit: Oh, I should add, I have to buy bottled water from Costco because I live in an area where pharmaceutical runoff has polluted our tap water. And regular filter won't work. I really need to look into getting bottled water delivered.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Oct 22, 2022

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

ShowTime posted:

Edit: Oh, I should add, I have to buy bottled water from Costco because I live in an area where pharmaceutical runoff has polluted our tap water. And regular filter won't work. I really need to look into getting bottled water delivered.

Is it beyond filtering with reverse osmosis?

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

ShowTime posted:

I go roughly twice a week, but I also live about 3 miles from my Costco. 99% of the groceries I buy are from Costco and i've gotten my grocery bill down to about $250-$300 a month for a single person. But I mostly eat the same things. Lots of rotisserie chicken, salad spring mix, spinach and eggs. Occasionally I pick up stuff like seasonings, dressings, wraps and other variants of stuff when I get too bored eating that. But that stuff goes a long way. I just got a new Kinder's spice called Woodfired Garlic and it sounds delicious. My rewards earned are only $68.29, which is down from last year by quite a bit, so i'm definitely spending less and less, even in a year of inflation.

Is it filterable by a Berkey system? They filter most things and are pretty economical.

Edit:Berkey Filter Lab Results if you are interested to see if they will work for you

Pinus Porcus fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 22, 2022

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Reverse Osmosis does work and I'll look into the Berkley. It's a chemical called GenX, which is used in creating teflon. It was put into the water by a chemical company upriver of us and floated its way on down. Unfortunately, Brita and the like don't work.

Edit: Reverse Osmosis filtration has gotten cheaper over the years so I guess I should stop putting it off and look into actually doing it.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Psion posted:

also I saw an aisle that was half Pepsi product and half Coke product. Wasn't someone saying Costco only stocked one or the other? Not here anyways.

Nah we meant at the food court pop machine.

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

ShowTime posted:

Reverse Osmosis does work and I'll look into the Berkley. It's a chemical called GenX, which is used in creating teflon. It was put into the water by a chemical company upriver of us and floated its way on down. Unfortunately, Brita and the like don't work.

Edit: Reverse Osmosis filtration has gotten cheaper over the years so I guess I should stop putting it off and look into actually doing it.

I should look into a reverse osmosis filter since I live downriver from that hexavalent chromium dump that happened in Michigan.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
$260 on a Friday evening, barely any line at the actual checkouts, huge line at the self checkout... life's good

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
woke up and threw up on my mattress. Stains aint coming out. Wondering if I should get a new one. Suggestions plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Don't eat parking lot trunk shrimp so much.