Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

WaffleZombie posted:

One thing that caught my eye was the topper on the vial of Titan's blood. That was clearly owlbert, so was that put there by Eda? If so, how did she get Titan's blood? Why did she leave it there?
My interpretation is that the portal was created by Evelyn, who is heavily implied to have been a Clawthorne; maybe the owl thing is a bit of a family tradition. She might have left the blood there as a failsafe in case she gets stuck in the human realm, or perhaps even as a way for Caleb to come to the Boiling Isles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Carpator Diei posted:

My interpretation is that the portal was created by Evelyn, who is heavily implied to have been a Clawthorne; maybe the owl thing is a bit of a family tradition. She might have left the blood there as a failsafe in case she gets stuck in the human realm, or perhaps even as a way for Caleb to come to the Boiling Isles.

Based on Hollow Mind the two of them were romantically involved and apparently even had a child together (in some of the paintings Evelyn is visibly pregnant) so that makes sense.

I’m curious if we’re actually going to get the real story at some point or if this and Hollow Mind are the most the show is going to go into it.

I’m also curious what the Boiling Isles are even going to look like when the gang returns considering that at least 2 months have passed in canon since the “Hexsquad” (as Reddit seems to commonly call Luz’s group) got stuck in the human realm (also given what we saw this episode it’s possible Camila may actually wind up being the key to dealing with the Collector)

Also since it’s implied back in Hooty’s Door that the Collector is the one who captured the owl beast in the first place I’m curious if the subject of Eda/Lilith’s curse is going to be brought up again and potentially cured.

The owl beast is a living being after all and even though Eda made a deal with it and can now control the transformation I doubt it enjoys being trapped like that, also as we saw on the Day of Unity the curse is still a danger to her and probably would have destroyed her body if Raine hadn’t yanked off the arm containing the sigil.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Oct 19, 2022

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I'm moving towards the theory that Flapjack was Evelyn's palisman, which then passed to the original Caleb, and then got wilded and in custody of the Bat Queen. Unless Belos' "Goodbye, Evelyn!" before killing it was meant to imply that she'd transferred herself into the palisman body on the event of her death somehow.

It's hard making fan theories when "a wizard did it" is literally the main focus of the setting.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Madurai posted:

I'm moving towards the theory that Flapjack was Evelyn's palisman, which then passed to the original Caleb, and then got wilded and in custody of the Bat Queen. Unless Belos' "Goodbye, Evelyn!" before killing it was meant to imply that she'd transferred herself into the palisman body on the event of her death somehow.

It's hard making fan theories when "a wizard did it" is literally the main focus of the setting.

I just assumed Evelyn made Flapjack like you said and the line was referring to the fact that Belos was about to destroy the last living remnant of her

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Larryb posted:

I just assumed Evelyn made Flapjack like you said and the line was referring to the fact that Belos was about to destroy the last living remnant of her

This and also Belos isn't 100% there and sometimes just calls people by the names of other people who have been dead for centuries if they remind him of them when he's in a particularly rough spot, and he's been in a rough spot ever since he was turned into a spot on the wall.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I Am Fowl posted:

This and also Belos isn't 100% there and sometimes just calls people by the names of other people who have been dead for centuries if they remind him of them when he's in a particularly rough spot, and he's been in a rough spot ever since he was turned into a spot on the wall.

Case in point: He calls Hunter “Caleb” as well after he breaks free at the end (and Luz’s response to that seems to indicate she knows what Philip did to his brother)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Oct 20, 2022

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I Am Fowl posted:

I feel like Belos has been in a rough spot ever since Cool Aunt Lilith superkicked him in the face.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

I feel like Belos has been in a rough spot ever since Cool Aunt Lilith superkicked him in the face.

She did hit him hard enough to leave a scar for 4 centuries after all

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

They're the real victims of this abridged s3

It's a shame, I'd have loved an episode just to go through what Vee's life is like now. What does it mean for her that the real Luz is back after living her life for however long? What about her friends, and the person they know as Luz?
We do get to see a bit about how Camilla just sincerely loves her as a second daughter (look how delighted she was to see Vee get a human face of her own!) and you see her take Masha up on that date in the end credits, I'd have loved to see more of that.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Tenebrais posted:

It's a shame, I'd have loved an episode just to go through what Vee's life is like now. What does it mean for her that the real Luz is back after living her life for however long? What about her friends, and the person they know as Luz?
We do get to see a bit about how Camilla just sincerely loves her as a second daughter (look how delighted she was to see Vee get a human face of her own!) and you see her take Masha up on that date in the end credits, I'd have loved to see more of that.

Hell, Luz and Vee don’t even say a word to one another this entire episode (also it would have been nice if the latter had gone back to calling Camila “mom” by this point)

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
https://twitter.com/MoringmarkMark/status/1583095710240878593

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

That guy is just tireless. The rate he spits out AU storylines gives me serious inferiority-as-a-writer feelings. (he said, not working on that novel some more)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Madurai posted:

That guy is just tireless. The rate he spits out AU storylines gives me serious inferiority-as-a-writer feelings. (he said, not working on that novel some more)

He’s also been doing this kind of stuff since at least back when Gravity Falls was still on the air

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Madurai posted:

If there's a "The Owl House" follow-up comic, I want this guy to do it.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

End credits scenes as wallpapers here.

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

Technowolf posted:

End credits scenes as wallpapers here.

:yeah:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Here’s an interesting article talking about the show, the final season, and potential plans for the future:

https://www.ctinsider.com/entertainment/article/Disney-The-Owl-House-CT-dana-terrace-17515083.php

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Larryb posted:

Here’s an interesting article talking about the show, the final season, and potential plans for the future:

https://www.ctinsider.com/entertainment/article/Disney-The-Owl-House-CT-dana-terrace-17515083.php

article posted:

"I really want to make a [comic]. I want to write it, I want to draw it, I want to work with some old crew members and make it special," Terrace said. "Would I do another show? That's hard to say, I would have to think very hard about that."

Thanks, Mouse, for ruining a great show-maker's feels for show-making :smith:

Looking forward to an 'official' comic, though, I'm sure they can get a publisher on board somehow!

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

TBF, she's said before that children's animation has never been what she ideally wants to spend her whole career doing. Though yeah, I'm sure the way things ended didn't help matters.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cattail Prophet posted:

TBF, she's said before that children's animation has never been what she ideally wants to spend her whole career doing. Though yeah, I'm sure the way things ended didn't help matters.

One of the earliest pitches for TOH had the show literally set in Hell so that makes sense honestly

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Larryb posted:

This is an excellent, informative article, and it got me to subscribe to the witch-trial podcast mentioned in it: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/thou-shalt-not-suffer-the-witch-trial-podcast/id1643770324

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

One of the earliest pitches for TOH had the show literally set in Hell so that makes sense honestly

I don't know how she thought that would ever get approved. Maybe it was one of those tactics where you start with something crazy and negotiate down to what you wanted/planned on.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TwoPair posted:

I don't know how she thought that would ever get approved. Maybe it was one of those tactics where you start with something crazy and negotiate down to what you wanted/planned on.

Dana had been shopping the show around to different networks and ironically Disney was the best deal she could get. But yeah, there’s a reason that idea never got past the design phase (though there have been a few references to it scattered about the series proper)

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Larryb posted:

Forget Amphibia. Now I want a Little Demon/The Owl House crossover.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Everyone posted:

You're getting Helluva Boss/Hazbin Hotel and liking it!

Edit: That is to say, that would be Dana Terrace's new thing

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Just saw this depressing news item: Hooty (and Sprig) made an appearance in a teenager's school mural, and American Taliban parents lost their poo poo*.

https://www.northernpublicradio.org/2022-10-20/a-high-school-students-mural-angers-parents-over-what-they-say-are-hidden-messages

* For other reasons -- I doubt any of the bumfuck numbnuts recognized those characters. What really set them off was the combination of clear support for LGBT inclusion, a "Satan mask", and a few other symbols. The character holding a syringe and wearing a mask probably triggered them as well.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

It occurs to me that The Mouse is easily big enough to conduct its own political polling, and the non-zero chance of a DeSantis presidency gives the company a very real legal pressure not to have an even bigger target on themselves in two years.

I mean, it's still cowardice, but the corporate system doesn't reward heroism.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Chicken Butt posted:

Hooty (and Sprig)

And Domino 2! :colbert:

Also now I'm worried that this is going to draw enough attention to it that it gets hit with a C&D from "doesn't let hospitals display images of their characters in children's wards" Disney.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Madurai posted:

the non-zero chance of a DeSantis presidency

Pictured: what a DeSantis presidency might look like.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Cattail Prophet posted:

Also now I'm worried that this is going to draw enough attention to it that it gets hit with a C&D from "doesn't let hospitals display images of their characters in children's wards" Disney.

I doubt even Disney would risk the kind of bad PR that might bring

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.

TwoPair posted:

I doubt even Disney would risk the kind of bad PR that might bring

They sued a couple to remove spider-man from the headstone of their dead son because it was "tarnishing the image of their brand" they simply have other lawyers to handle the bad PR that comes from these lawsuits.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/insidematthieu/status/1584520694318370817

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Saw this fanart on Reddit and wanted to share it here:

https://twitter.com/yakumakuma/status/1585193163978813440?s=46&t=6_JAcDJPI11RSvDV1jlATQ

Vee is great and I hope Thanks to Them isn’t the last we see of her barring a cameo near the end.

Hell, you could probably do an entire spinoff show based around her adventures in the human realm. Masha could be her sidekick/love interest (speaking of, am I the only one who gets Janna from Star Vs vibes off of them?)

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Kirby 5 is a fun idea :science:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rappaport posted:

Kirby 5 is a fun idea :science:

Kirvee

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/gallerynucleus/status/1585755141139038208

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Everyone posted:

Iruma-kun/The Owl House crossover.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/HeyRebeccaRose/status/1592706389150904320

Thread of all the crew cameos in TtT

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

that show was cute i like when clara s family sings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Ups_rail posted:

that show was cute i like when clara s family sings

Still is cute. Another season is airing right now.