Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Rarity posted:

We're getting a new government so I outstanding bills have to start over, I think that's how it works?

I don't think this counts as a new government!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Failed Imagineer posted:

There'll be a reshuffle. For his pivotal role in forcing out Truss, the post of Home Secretary will go to the head of lettuce

I mean changing ministers I don't think counts as "a new government" in the same sense that dissolving parliament for a GE and reforming it does.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Truss being used as the biggest dead cat bounce ever?

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
This'll be like the end of that film they had a while ago, XXX. Giving Truss the leadership was just the next part of the leadership contest. Unlike Vin Diesel, she failed.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

So are we sort of asymptotically approaching 0-length prime minister ships? Give it a year and they get sworn in in the morning and resign by nightfall?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
When you see the transcript of her absurd speech it's really so clear that she has no capacity for self-reflection, she did nothing wrong, there was no personal failure, it was just "the situation"

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Tory prime ministerial terms have a floor of a week since that's how long it takes to pick the next one

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I love what the Daily Star has done in response to the lettuce winning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm-RE95lKJ0

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
So who's up next? Sunak?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Just heard about the news and I'm really sorry about what happened. I hope you can find another person to run the country

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Crymetimeboys posted:

The UK establishment is long past caring about the facade and cheerfully ripping off the mask to reveal the police state that had always underpinned the structure of UK society.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/23059395.controversial-public-order-bill-passed-westminster/

i've been following this a bit and yeah it's a complete nightmare.

does keir have anything say about this in the realm of 'when i'm pm this is immediately getting flushed'? or is even that too much to hope for.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

GABA ghoul posted:

Just heard about the news and I'm really sorry about what happened. I hope you can find another person to ruin the country

ftfy

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Necrothatcher posted:

UKMT Autumn 2022 - The lettuce won

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

not the best resignation I've seen but I'll take it

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

roomtone posted:

does keir have anything say about this in the realm of 'when i'm pm this is immediately getting flushed'? or is even that too much to hope for.

Considering how he wants the cops to be able to do crimes and get away with it I highly doubt he would do that.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Mordaunt out of the traps already…

https://twitter.com/pennymordauntpm/status/1583077277079740418

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Did she ever get round to ringing sturgeon?

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Called it, only 3 days off, not bad. I must be a genius this is sarcasm

Crymetimeboys
Aug 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

roomtone posted:

If Keir gets into power, he will oppose this law

On the grounds that it doesn't go far enough and a new, harsher law is needed to provide the law and order that the UK needs.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Did she ever get round to ringing sturgeon?

Is that another fetish thing?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

roomtone posted:

The bill passed with cross party support so that's a big negatory dudemeister.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Mommypenny will be next PM and/OR run in next GE. You heard it here first.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Crymetimeboys posted:

If Keir gets into power, he will oppose this law

On the grounds that it doesn't go far enough and a new, harsher law is needed to provide the law and order that the UK needs.

i even read that starmer project which lists his many misdeeds over the years and his authoritarian mercenary lifestyle, but my brain just can't remember it sometimes because christ that bill needs to go. it needs to never have existed.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/glabsandra/status/1582839034711195648?s=20&t=ZYFXsO1WRH_9AwYTcEqRjQ

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GABA ghoul posted:

Just heard about the news and I'm really sorry about what happened. I hope you can find another person to run the country

Put me in coach I'm ready

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
The fact that you can't get a GE is absolutely awful for you. When is the next one scheduled for?

Charles must be making GBS threads his royal pants right now.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Party over country? Yep.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Cimber posted:

The fact that you can't get a GE is absolutely awful for you. When is the next one scheduled for?

2 years is the next mandated one but they can call one at any time

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Cimber posted:

2025 lmao

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
this understanably got lost in the bigger news, but christ what an unspeakable piece of poo poo she is

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Krishnan Guru Murphy suspended from C4 News for a week for calling Steve Baker a oval office

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63331322

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/wariotifo/status/1583077519976460289

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Honestly though if Truss really does have a humiliation fetish she's climbed impossible heights with this. Kudos.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
So is the lettuce prime minister now?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

It's very funny to me that PMs can resign one after the other without a General Election being triggered. What a silly system of government.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/benphillips76/status/1583068995527200768

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Cimber posted:

Why?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

peanut- posted:

So is the lettuce prime minister now?

Always was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/stuarthoughton/status/1583080519440355328