Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bartlebee
Nov 5, 2008
The gta trilogy is half off, is stable enough now to pay for to do a replay of vice city in handheld?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

bartlebee posted:

The gta trilogy is half off, is stable enough now to pay for to do a replay of vice city in handheld?

Better off getting the pc or even the mobile version :-/

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

gently caress there's so many games I don't have and want to get. I think I may have broken my second SV addiction. Or at least I'm weaning off of it thanks to Triangle Strategy's Golden Route, which once finished means I can put that down. Splatoon 3 obviously monopolizes a lot of time, but I can play that and something else.

I definitely need to knock out some smaller indie titles between TS and Metroid Dread this Christmas. If I had to choose between Tunic, Sifu, Neon White, and Omori, what would you suggest (disregarding sales)? I know they are wildly different games, but I mainly looking for something short and enticing. I also really want Dorfromantik but I'm not quite sure how to categorize that/when to get that. I may wait for a sale.

Just played through Tunic. It's glorious. Zeldaesque with a variety of puzzles.

bartlebee
Nov 5, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

Better off getting the pc or even the mobile version :-/

That part I understand but I don't have a gaming PC or a mobile device, I just have a switch that I like to play while watching TV.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

bartlebee posted:

Idk how the Switch version is but I played through San Andreas on PS5 last month and it was very stable. I was surprised by how few bugs I had across the whole experience. Some of the character models still looked gently caress ugly, but other than that I had a real good time with it. I imagine they've probably done that same work to the Switch versions but I'm not sure.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Weird Pumpkin posted:

:negative: still one of my favorite platformers of all time

Justice for Ultimate Intergalactic Cybot G Marina imo

This song will randomly pop into my head until the day I die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efCa9f6aAj0&t=18s

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Mischief Makers was published by Enix in Japan maybe that's why its never been rereleased

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Sad Panda posted:

That's a good sell.

I could go traditional RPG, or chill adventure/puzzle game. I don't know how twitchy I feel like being atm.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Mischief Makers has never been rereleased because it would make me happy. I'm sorry, everyone.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

That's a good sell.

I could go traditional RPG, or chill adventure/puzzle game. I don't know how twitchy I feel like being atm.

Yeah neon white is awesome but it's basically twitchy frenzy speedrun go go go broken up by pretty lame/skippable text. I like to do a few levels and usually put it down pretty quickly but man I love it.

I haven't played tunic yet but it's definitely on my short list! I've heard great stuff

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Tunic is best when you go in having read absolutely nothing about it. Not a single goddamn thing. Then everything about it just blossoms slowly and reactively and it's incredible.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

ExcessBLarg! posted:

So that looks to me like the Switch browser is open to the captive portal page, but the page won't render either because the page is poorly written, or the Switch browser is poorly implemented, or (probably) both.

If you have a laptop or something that allows for it, you could MAC spoof your Switch to get past the captive portal. Personally I'd probably just put it on hotspot. Hotel WiFi is usually awful and as long as you're not downloading game updates the hotspot is probably good enough (assuming you have hotspot on your phone plan and you don't have a silly small data quota, etc., etc.).

It's 5gb for hotspot because Verizon isn't just made of data ya know!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ok. Hopefully I can finish TS during this holiday, and then I’m getting Tunic!

And then Dread finally this Christmas holiday.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

KingSlime posted:

Yeah whenever I start to see people come up with increasingly popular lingo or acronyms for something that we can already easily describe... I don't know man. Feels like going down the same hole of othering humans?

I've definitely participated in stuff like that before. Don't get me wrong, But lately it's been giving me more pause as I hear people use increasingly loaded terms to describe basic interactions with like the opposite sex etc.

what in the everlasting gently caress are you talking about

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MechaX posted:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

KingSlime posted:

Yeah whenever I start to see people come up with increasingly popular lingo or acronyms for something that we can already easily describe... I don't know man. Feels like going down the same hole of othering humans?

I've definitely participated in stuff like that before. Don't get me wrong, But lately it's been giving me more pause as I hear people use increasingly loaded terms to describe basic interactions with like the opposite sex etc.

I'm sure my take is missing a lot of nuance. But hey it's the switch thread, I'll go back to talking about games now.

Neon White with gyro aiming continues to own. Those micro tweaks as I'm rushing through a stage just feel so good. Did most of you all already beat it? I'm really behind on my backlog and never got through this one but I fired it back up again last night

the nintendo switch is a portable system

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The Nintendo Switch is... *checks notes* yup! Still good.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
What a console, OP.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
its probably the best Nintendo console

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
they call it the nintendo switch because when i see it i switch it on

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

MechaX posted:

they're an incredibly bad poster OP. i hope someone drops a cartoonishly large anvil on them.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

bartlebee posted:

That part I understand but I don't have a gaming PC or a mobile device, I just have a switch that I like to play while watching TV.

You'd be better off playing Saints row 3 on the switch, even though it pains me to say it.
Don't bother with 4, it really needs a computer to do it justice.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they call it the nintendo switch because when i see it i switch it on

They call it the switch because it can be either a dom or a sub this was a bad console idea why did they make it do that

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Please do not involve the Nintendo Switch that sort of thing.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
If y'all want a weird game instead of weird posts, play Moon RPG, its on sale right now. :colbert:

I have also purchased Dropsy. :dance:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

hatty posted:

I'm just gonna buy the game and not worry about the mess

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Read After Burning posted:

If y'all want a weird game instead of weird posts, play Moon RPG, its on sale right now. :colbert:

I have also purchased Dropsy. :dance:

moon looks cool. Dropsy is good fun too, don’t be afraid to use the touchscreen.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Having a weird-rear end problem with my Switch's internet connection post-15.0.0 update. My router is dual-band with 2.4G and 5G, and my Switch can connect to both just fine -- when not docked. When it is docked, 2.4G still works, but 5G instantly fails to connect to the router.

I can't figure out what's wrong. It has no problem finding the router whether docked or undocked, but when docked the 5G connection just flatly refuses to work. I've done every sort of troubleshooting I can think of (flushing all network settings, powering off Switch/Router, applying a basic DNS) to no avail. Am I just... not allowed to use 5G while docked now?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Moon is an incredible RPG but it’s impossible to figure out most of it without a guide, still it’s utterly fantastic and well worth playing.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Buying Dropsy? Giving money to a goon??? no thank you

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Waffle! posted:

The Nintendo Switch is... *checks notes* yup! Still good.

For me to poop on!

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I definitely need to knock out some smaller indie titles between TS and Metroid Dread this Christmas. If I had to choose between Tunic, Sifu, Neon White, and Omori, what would you suggest (disregarding sales)? I know they are wildly different games, but I mainly looking for something short and enticing. I also really want Dorfromantik but I'm not quite sure how to categorize that/when to get that. I may wait for a sale.

short and enticing is neon white in a nutshell, the longest level (not counting bosses) is maybe a minute and a half? and it's got 100 levels. it's a very good game if you like the concept of a time trial at all, the levels are very well designed for you to set your own difficulty. it's also not very long, i got all the platinum medals in like 8 hours maybe? haven't gone back to find all the secrets but if that's something you like i think it's probably really good for that too.

omori is also really, really good but i wouldn't call it short (i think i beat it in around 25 hours). it's horribly depressing and compelling while being really fun to play and having lots of good jokes in there. but also some real gut punches. trigger warnings all around.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Al-Saqr posted:

Moon is an incredible RPG but it’s impossible to figure out most of it without a guide, still it’s utterly fantastic and well worth playing.

Legit, go download the manual off the official website and read it before/while playing. It's one of those games that assumed you have the manual on-hand and able to read through it for instructions.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Sad Panda posted:

How does it perform on Switch

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

How does it perform on Switch

Only played on Switch but no concerns at all. Its not a complex game graphically for the Switch to render.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I am excited for Mario X-Com 2. The first one is still one of my favorite Switch games.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Alan Wake remastered just dropped whaaaaaat.

I remember the original version got taken off Steam for a while because of music licensing or something. I hope they fixed it right; the credits wouldn't feel the same with a different song.

"Previously on Alan Wake..."

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Waffle! posted:

Alan Wake remastered just dropped whaaaaaat.

I remember the original version got taken off Steam for a while because of music licensing or something. I hope they fixed it right; the credits wouldn't feel the same with a different song.

"Previously on Alan Wake..."

Oh poo poo and it's even the full game and not cloud streaming?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah it’s a 360 game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it's a switch game dumbass!!!