Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vegetable posted:

It might have made more sense to stomp out if his team was losing. But when they’re winning? Lol.

Had to make it about himself somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Why do I have a feeling Messi wouldn't be such a whiney rear end if he was in a similar situation?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

T Bowl posted:

Why do I have a feeling Messi wouldn't be such a whiney rear end if he was in a similar situation?

The Messi that had a big strop at Poch for subbing him? That Messi?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the rumour doing the rounds now is that he was supposed to come on as a sub but refused

can't wait for another round of leaving voicemails for top clubs in January instead of going to the A-League

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

Vegetable posted:

It might have made more sense to stomp out if his team was losing. But when they’re winning? Lol.

mans doesnt want to be a human victory cigar

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
There's never been a better time to get paid a hundred million actual pounds to spend 6 months breaking the Dubai Stars League scoring record

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Oh you want to leave man united and keep your wages the same?? Why didn't you say *reaches for glossy brochure with EVERTON on the front*

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Dudley posted:

I think we all know the real measure isn't transfer fees or wages but the number of Cs in the name.

Manchester City - 2
Chelsea - 1
Manchester United - 1
Liverpool - 0

Liverpool dramatically overperforming imo.

Explains how Leicester City managed to win the league.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

The Messi that had a big strop at Poch for subbing him? That Messi?

Oh yeah, lmao, I forgot about that...

Type A Bros

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Ronaldo when all the paperwork is finalized for him to go to Qatar in January and they hand him the pen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVDH3MX4MYI

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

sebzilla posted:

Explains how Leicester City managed to win the league.

Also Blackburn

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Nice

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dudley posted:

I think we all know the real measure isn't transfer fees or wages but the number of Cs in the name.

Manchester City - 2
Chelsea - 1
Manchester United - 1
Liverpool - 0

Liverpool dramatically overperforming imo.

Where does Arsenal fit in?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Where does Arsenal fit in?

Farcenal, OP

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

TheRat posted:

Farcenal, OP

:hmmyes:

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
imagine big ron and big jozy together in the best league in the world, *double checks* liga MX

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Frankston posted:

Douglas Luiz signed a new contract with Villa for some reason

And he just got a red card, all the lols.

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

There's never been a better time to get paid a hundred million actual pounds to spend 6 months breaking the Dubai Stars League scoring record

He probably isn't good enough to do this anymore.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

jettisonedstuff posted:

Saudis/Qatar will still pay him absurd amounts of money just for the brand name

E: Didn't they offer him like multiple hundred millions this summer or something stupid like that

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

jettisonedstuff posted:

lol lets not go mad he's still a great player he just doesn't have the ego to not be starting every match for the club he's at.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
gerrard is surely getting sacked

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Need to get something against Fulham on Sunday or its crisis time for the Wisconsin Warnock

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

TheRat posted:

Saudis/Qatar will still pay him absurd amounts of money just for the brand name

E: Didn't they offer him like multiple hundred millions this summer or something stupid like that

Supposedly they wanted to pay United a 20 million transfer fee and then give Ronaldo a 2 year contract for 500 million. I'm not sure if that was in Euros or GBP, though. Dunno if that's still on the table, but uh, yes please if it is. The thing is I doubt United even rejected that transfer in August, Ronaldo just wasn't interested in going there.

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

lol lets not go mad he's still a great player he just doesn't have the ego to not be starting every match for the club he's at.

People say this but there is very little evidence of it anymore.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
As an aging goon who people don’t like very much I feel a lot of sympathy for Ron.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
Zero chance ronaldo goes anywhere but Miami or LA for his retirement tour

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
That is presuming the small matter of the anal rape allegations have gone away ?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

https://www.twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1583212800901521409

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
RIP

STEVIE G

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Slipping down to the job centre. rip

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
MLS? Back to Scotland? Championship? Where in the world is Stevie Gerrard

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Stevie P45

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Rip, he had one good season as a manager and thought he would get the Liverpool job lol

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

jettisonedstuff posted:

he's probably good enough to play the Darren Bent role where the point of the game is exclusively to pass the ball to Darren Bent, but he's not good enough any more to justify a big fancy club that people talk about on the internet playing that system for him plus he's not willing to drop to playing for an uncool club that nobody likes and for a sensible wage

the irony is that he had a lot of goodwill at United given his history, and we'd likely have given him Ronald wages for another couple of years and maybe a coaching role or something, but I guess he's really angling for that player-manager at Villa role

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

T Bowl posted:

MLS? Back to Scotland? Championship? Where in the world is Stevie Gerrard

Champo I feel.

Or Forest.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Hope you guys like all your world cup punditry starting with errrrrrrrrrrrm ye know

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
gerrard to wolves, book it

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

FullLeatherJacket posted:

he's probably good enough to play the Darren Bent role where the point of the game is exclusively to pass the ball to Darren Bent, but he's not good enough any more to justify a big fancy club that people talk about on the internet playing that system for him plus he's not willing to drop to playing for an uncool club that nobody likes and for a sensible wage

the irony is that he had a lot of goodwill at United given his history, and we'd likely have given him Ronald wages for another couple of years and maybe a coaching role or something, but I guess he's really angling for that player-manager at Villa role

He struggled to do much of anything in EL matches against Moldovan and Cypriot clubs. Switching to a mid-table PL club with less skilled players crossing the ball to him isn't going to help.

Maybe he can work in a striker partnership where the other striker does all the work and Ronaldo just sits in empty spaces waiting for a pass but he can't actually do anything else.

jettisonedstuff fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Oct 21, 2022

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I can't believe the guy who was known to give incredibly depressing team talks as a captain couldn't motivate his failing team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
gerrard gave depressing team talks? i always thought he was full on NYERM THIS DOES NOT SLIP NOW brave english lion passion and intensity