Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Antivehicular posted:

I would rather continue to learn delightful John Carpenter facts

this makes me want to watch the whole commentary of The Thing

https://twitter.com/JFrankensteiner/status/1248409669602689033

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Pinus Porcus posted:

Blue Story

CPS took my kids

I think the good ending for the CPS one was a separate thread but maybe someone else knows better.

CPS took my kids is the one

It falls apart when he takes photos and tries to defend the hoarder clutter. Someone posted his PC gaming build that was $2500 and he bragged about only spending $1900 since the baby needed diapers.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

baby needs diapers

gaming rig

baby needs diapers

gaming rig

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

baby needs diapers

gaming rig

baby needs diapers

gaming rig

fuckin lol

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

kingcobweb posted:

this makes me want to watch the whole commentary of The Thing

https://twitter.com/JFrankensteiner/status/1248409669602689033

Watching that movie I was pretty sure they actually cast a shape shifting alien to play that dog.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

baby needs diapers

gaming rig

baby needs diapers

gaming rig

lol

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

the 1500 posts are because goons realized tehy could talk about video games in this thread

video games slap

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

baby needs diapers

gaming rig

baby needs diapers

gaming rig

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

baby needs diapers

gaming rig

baby needs diapers

gaming rig

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
cps worker tracking my civ 4 hours played on steam, doing the jim face to my kids

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

At least we now know the Crunchy Black origin story.

bongmaster
Oct 16, 2022

by Azathoth

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

baby needs diapers

gaming rig

baby needs diapers

gaming rig

llol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

baby needs diapers

gaming rig

baby needs diapers

gaming rig

lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

baby needs diapers

gaming rig

baby needs diapers

gaming rig

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

baby needs diapers

gaming rig

baby needs diapers

gaming rig

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

baby needs diapers

gaming rig

baby needs diapers

gaming rig

mods please put a timer on this thread almost missed this

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/834102767760310272/1032806341124825088/bPGNRw9-utCNhqsL.mp4

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

baby needs diapers

gaming rig

baby needs diapers

gaming rig

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
it's true that pacific rim is direly overrated

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i dont think ive ever seen anyone praise pacific rim

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol james

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
I been only playing Vampire Survivors lately because that Italian bastard went and built a pixel skinner box with blinky lights and OP builds

Rimworld Biotech bout to ruin my life tho

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

TheSwizzler posted:

I been only playing Vampire Survivors lately because that Italian bastard went and built a pixel skinner box with blinky lights and OP builds

Rimworld Biotech bout to ruin my life tho

I don’t understand this

bongmaster
Oct 16, 2022

by Azathoth

lol what

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

John Carpenter chat reminded me that the best horror comedy movie I watched this year (so far) features the worst type of twitch streamer stuck in a haunted house, and he carries a walkman with a self-made soundtrack of Carpenter synths. Premise sounds terrible but the main guy sells the character so well it rules
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNVOExV1TfQ

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

baby needs diapers

gaming rig

baby needs diapers

gaming rig

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

lobster shirt posted:

does anybody have a link to that thread where the goon got his kids taken away because his house was "a little messy" and then it turns out that it was, like, hoarder squalor and there were holes in the floor? if i remember the OP ended up getting banned after it was discovered he spent like two grand on a gaming rig.

The update thread is here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3499987

Floppy Dingo posted:

The story this far:
Our children got taken away. You all knew this much, and saw the thread that was a real life horror story (and internet comedy gold). After CPS took our kids, we were left alone in our house with no real recourse or knowledge of what was happening; a kind of push into the ocean if you will and told to swim. The only thing we knew was that we had to clean the house to get the kids back. Neither one of us fully realized how bad we had truly gotten and it's odd how when you're in those situations how we put on blinders to hide from ourselves the terrible truth of the matter.

Long story short, she had my wife go see a councilor to work through some of her issues (which for her privacy sake I won't list here, but it is obvious there were some), and had me go see one as well. After two sessions I went to see my doctor as she said it was apparent to her that my problems stemmed from deeper sources than what she could fix. Immediately I was put on two different anti-depressants and went on trial with them for a month each. After a month, I went on a different one as they weren't doing a whole lot, and a second pill for panic attacks; these worked wonderfully. I began to improve.

After three months of medication, seeing councilors, and talking/working with the woman from CPS our house was at the point they deemed acceptable to return the children to, so long as we kept working on the condition of the home and did not let it deteriorate. The amount of help this woman provided was immense; from helping us start up schedules, to just sorting out our lives and providing us with the information we needed to get back on track. She helped us get our son screened in a program called Birth to Three to make sure he was developing correctly, and helped us get our daughter into speech therapy in her school.

To make this long post shorter: things continued to improve. Around the time of her leaving the case and passing it on to another worker, this was the state of the house:

http://imgur.com/a/e5gUi

Finally at the end of June, the case was closed against us and CPS left.

What's all changed:

Our house is cleaner for one. We've since moved into subsidized apartments which have clean carpets. I would post pictures of it but while we were moving some clumsy rear end in a top hat dropped the box with the camera in it down the stairs and broke it. (namely me) We talked about buying a new one but couldn't come up with any decent reason to spending a couple hundred dollars on a digital camera again at this time.

My wife has a new job, she works overnights at wal-mart. I work there during the days now. We've paid back the vast majority of the debt we were in, and have finally gotten off of food stamps. It feels good really; we're working on our credit, and switched to a credit union here in town who gave us a loan for our car when the old one died. With the car loan to bolster our credit scores, we hope by next summer we can get a loan through a program called Habitat for Humanity here in town and actually get our own home to live in.

I cut my hair. I no longer have a ponytail. I actually switched up my eating habits as well and began to walk and ride bike nearly every day. Once school starts up here in a couple weeks I also plan to work out at the university's gym. I've dropped from a 4x t-shirt so far down to being able to comfortably wear a 3x. Not a huge improvement but it's a start.

I get up every morning at 6:30 A.M. now to wake up to pick my wife up from work. I get the kids up, get them dressed in clean clothes. Once she's home we all have breakfast together, and after that, when my wife lays down for bed (she works night shift like I said) I'll start what laundry there is to do. It's good to have a schedule, and now that everything is more under control and we're in our new apartment I feel a poo poo load less stressed.

I can't really think of anything else to post, and this is already quite sizable so I'll end it here. I have today and tomorrow off (every mon/tue, until my schedule changes for in-school hours and I drop from full time to part time) so I'll be around periodically to answer questions in this thread.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

It was alright. It's like a live action adaptation of an anime that never existed. Lol that it managed to come out right when it stopped being okay to say gypsy and one of the robots was called gypsy danger.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

BigFactory posted:

I don’t understand this

Vampire survivors is a game made by a one-man team that basically took all the addictive parts of slot machines and put them in a bullet hell roguelike

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You have to play it to get it but it's just non stop jackpot animation after the first few runs lol.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
I like to sing a song I made up that goes 'gimme something good, gimme something good, gimme something gimme something gimme something good' while the chest opening music plays

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I'm glad things got better for them, most importantly for the kids. That first thread was depressing.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i never knew the postscript. genuinely glad to read that update, thanks so much.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I'm glad things got better for them, most importantly for the kids. That first thread was depressing.

The rare occasion a goon is left to freeze to death in his well as winter approaches, and the shock of the cold finally compels him to scrabble up the frozen, urine-caked sides into a frigid dawn.

lobster shirt posted:

i never knew the postscript. genuinely glad to read that update, thanks so much.

Yeah, it's actually a relief seeing how much he turned things around. Oh and he had this follow up post:

Floppy Dingo posted:

Griff M. posted:

Did you sell your horrifyingly bloated gaming rig though?
My friend actually was making a gaming rig and offered to buy the video card and CPU/Mobo from me at near full price recently. I've since downgraded substantially and used the rest of that money to pay back on some at collections hospital bills.

So yes, in a way I did. He didn't want the case or screen or the rest of it though, so I still have a computer that looks entirely the same (in those pics I believe you see the same screen) but internally it's been dropped from an insane price, to a much much more sane one.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

The Saddest Rhino posted:

John Carpenter chat reminded me that the best horror comedy movie I watched this year (so far) features the worst type of twitch streamer stuck in a haunted house, and he carries a walkman with a self-made soundtrack of Carpenter synths. Premise sounds terrible but the main guy sells the character so well it rules
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNVOExV1TfQ

me and the lads got together and watched this last weekend, this movie's great

Tunzie
Aug 9, 2008

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

I’ve watched Pacific Rim when I’ve been on flights across the Pacific Ocean, so it’s basically tradition now.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

pacific rim owns dunno wot youre all on about.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

baby needs diapers

gaming rig

baby needs diapers

gaming rig

lol

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

pacific rim ruled are all of you confusing it with pacific rim 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I ahvent seen anythingnother than the og pacific rim and that movie kicked rear end