Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Who the gently caress is M.I.A.?

Beats me, ever since that last mission, no-one's seen hide nor hair of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont think jones is gonna be 'replaced' because he was already kind of going the way of the dodo. there's no need for one conspiracy theory nutcase who you watch religiously when you can just go online and get 15 different ones at once and play the fun game of trying to mix and match them. much more engaging for your 58 year old uncle.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

He'll be replaced in the same way Limbaugh was. His shtick has already been carved up for useful parts which are already being put to practice by younger right wing grifters. All that's left is a sweaty red husk waiting to be put under 6 feet of piss soaked soil.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

She also had that bad girls song with the guys doing car stunts.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I threw on my oculus the other day for some “beat saber” and it forced me to go through a 20 minute process of registering for meta before it’d let me use it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

vaginite posted:

I threw on my oculus the other day for some “beat saber” and it forced me to go through a 20 minute process of registering for meta before it’d let me use it.
The fact they had the balls to make that mandatory remains amazing to me. Forcing people to sign up for a thing they don't want or else they can't use their super-expensive toy has such a great record of getting them to actually use it, what could possibly go wrong!

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The fact they had the balls to make that mandatory remains amazing to me. Forcing people to sign up for a thing they don't want or else they can't use their super-expensive toy has such a great record of getting them to actually use it, what could possibly go wrong!

I remember getting a Quest last year to play Microsoft Flight Simulator and Il-2 and I had some issues with registration that took me two days or so to resolve. I don't even know what the problem was, I just remember it annoyed the poo poo out of me and I was just about ready to send the whole thing back when it finally worked. I still have not used Facebook.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Meta’s customer service is apparently loving horrific if something goes wrong.

I use IG fairly often and lord help you if your account gets hacked or someone just doesn’t like what you post - trying to verify your own info with them seems to be automated and Not Great. From what I’ve read from r/instagram, it’s a goddamn disaster if your account is monetized or business related.

Oh and don’t forget that meta changes the algorithm and UI which means you can’t even loving plan poo poo.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

all I wanna do is
*fart*fart*fart*fart*
and a
*squishy fart*
and poop my panties

teen witch posted:

My favorite thing they've done to me recently is putting me in jail for a week for a 4 year old comment, and then 30 days later for a photo I'd posted 6 years previously. Company is basically run by a Pascal program a junior high student wrote.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

teen witch posted:

I use IG fairly often and lord help you if your account gets hacked or someone just doesn’t like what you post - trying to verify your own info with them seems to be automated and Not Great. From what I’ve read from r/instagram, it’s a goddamn disaster if your account is monetized or business related.

Oh and don’t forget that meta changes the algorithm and UI which means you can’t even loving plan poo poo.

To add when I had to do it they generate a website in the headset you have to go to, then the headset displays a code you have to enter at the website, so you have to take the thing on and off 5 times during the process.

And it didn't work. I regenerated a code like 10 times - again going back and forth between the headset and pc each time - and it wouldn't recognize the code. I finally got it to work by just linking it to my phone and doing it through the app. So unless you're persistent and try to find workarounds instead of following the instructions as written, your $300 thing is bricked.

It's still hilarious though watching how desperate Zuckerberg is to make this a thing, like he's sure everyone wants to strap a big dumb thing to their face to work and socialize that he's gonna spend billions and try and force everyone to buy in. At least having to deal with these monster billionaires has the silver lining of watching them repeatedly eat poo poo in dumb ways while they think they're infallible.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

And related to dumb billionaires wanting actor fame this has to be my favorite thing ever:

https://twitter.com/JeffBezos/status/1457720343297019909/photo/1

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Wait. What thread am I in? how did Meta / bezos end up in the billion dollar chili thread. Do I want to know?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

My favorite thing they've done to me recently is putting me in jail for a week for a 4 year old comment, and then 30 days later for a photo I'd posted 6 years previously. Company is basically run by a Pascal program a junior high student wrote.

ok so 9/10 times if that happens, that means a no poo poo human flagged it. After it’s flagged, then the bonkers AI kicks in to determine the punishment.

A few years back, I and some others had a cool fb group and some people got vewwy angy that they couldn’t be bigoted assholes in it.

So what they’d do is flag the names on our accounts as fake, preventing us from using our accounts. Thing is, all of our actual names on the accounts were our actual names, so when providing our ID, yes, that’s our name, we are let back in. What gets me is that it was done multiple times to some, and like, somehow FB didn’t catch the gently caress on? You have proof via government ID that we are who we are. Why let this continue.

But yes, most of the time, minus saying “men are trash”, flagging is done by a human but judged, juried and executed by an algorithm.

ZeusCannon posted:

Wait. What thread am I in? how did Meta / bezos end up in the billion dollar chili thread. Do I want to know?

We’re on a little topic breaky. We’ll be better tomorrow.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

ZeusCannon posted:

bring back all the jury duty posts

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

teen witch posted:

Yeah I know someone that had a pretty active verified account and he lost everything after a hack. He spent close to a week trying to fix it before giving up and starting a new one but it really screwed him over pretty bad.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

B-Rock452 posted:

Yeah I know someone that had a pretty active verified account and he lost everything after a hack. He spent close to a week trying to fix it before giving up and starting a new one but it really screwed him over pretty bad.

One of my friends wasn't verified but was starting to gain a lot of followers and lost her account to a bitcoin shill. I found out when they messaged me from her account talking about how 'she' had just bought a house with her crypto profits :lol:

Was never able to get it back

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I sat on one jury. A young guy rear-ended the car in front of him. He admitted fault and his insurance paid up. This case was because the guy who got hit was suing for more damages because he couldn't work. Turns out he was already out of work with an injury before the accident. He had no evidence that the accident injured him further. His doctor didn't show up to testify when he was supposed to then didn't send a taped statement like he said he would.

Everyone on the jury agreed that the plaintiff was just trying to get money. During deliberations one juror said that clearly the plaintiff was greedy but we needed to teach these kids a lesson about driving carefully and should award money to the plaintiff. And a bunch of others agreed with him. It took two full days of fighting to get to a decision: the plaintiff wins but we award no money. The judge yelled at us for taking so long to come to the correct solution.

Overall it was a boring, scary experience. Jurors kept falling asleep during the trial and were full of bad ideas about how people should live their lives.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

vaginite posted:

are you sure you want to use quotation marks here?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The nice thing about this is that it finally allowed me to delete my FB account for good.
Explanation: Previously, all app purchases on the Oculus were tied to a single FB account. I went to delete FB about a year ago and suddenly, my kids lost all of their Oculus games so I had to reactivate it. God help you if your account is hacked I guess.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 20, 2022

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

KitConstantine posted:

One of my friends wasn't verified but was starting to gain a lot of followers and lost her account to a bitcoin shill. I found out when they messaged me from her account talking about how 'she' had just bought a house with her crypto profits :lol:

Was never able to get it back

LOLOLOL amazing.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Yes

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Doobie Keebler posted:

Overall it was a boring, scary experience. Jurors kept falling asleep during the trial and were full of bad ideas about how people should live their lives.

Re-emphasizing this because

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

isnt it the cheapest and okayest VR hardware??

also these same people love drinking the zuck flavoraid.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

PhazonLink posted:

I think I paid around $300 for the Quest 2 last Christmas.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
please delete your facebooks

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Then how will I play “meat Sabre”

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
the old fashioned way

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

teen witch posted:

But yes, most of the time, minus saying “men are trash”, flagging is done by a human but judged, juried and executed by an algorithm.

Posting this got me insta-jailed a couple of times for "nudity or sexual content" and I'm still baffled about it:

:nws::nws:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 20, 2022

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You don't know where that thumb's been.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

PhazonLink posted:

Quest hardware is firmly in the camp of "mediocre as gently caress" on basically every axis, but if you want a really lovely taste of VR, the cheap price tag is attractive I guess.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Posting this got me insta-jailed a couple of times for "nudity or sexual content" and I'm still baffled about it:

Jesus Christ nsfw that poo poo, pervert.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

goatsestretchgoals posted:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

:nws::nws:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Filing for a ban now

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

teen witch posted:

Filing for a ban now

:lol:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I specifically avoided the Oculus camp when VR came up because I didn't want to have to deal with the Zuck environment.

Also the non-zero possibility that because of the facebook/oculus integration, if I somehow ate a facebook ban it could also mean my VR headset is effectively bricked.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I apologize in advance if this has been asked already, but given the certain likelihood that the egg shaped fuckman known as Alexander Jones cannot possibly pay what he rightly owes, what is the likelihood he will go to prison for failing to pay up?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Dick Bastardly posted:

I apologize in advance if this has been asked already, but given the certain likelihood that the egg shaped fuckman known as Alexander Jones cannot possibly pay what he rightly owes, what is the likelihood he will go to prison for failing to pay up?

zero. If he's supposed to pay a billion and the bankruptcy court establishes he only has 1/10th of that then all of that gets seized and any money he makes in the future will be garnished till the day he dies, but he won't go to prison.

if he continues to defame the SH parents in spite of the civil judgements against him, I THINK that is a criminal offence that carries penalties (I think I saw that from one of the law adjacent people in this thread, others feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). As the man literally cannot shut up, that is probably his most likely, although still admittedly small, path to prison.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Carth Dookie posted:

zero. If he's supposed to pay a billion and the bankruptcy court establishes he only has 1/10th of that then all of that gets seized and any money he makes in the future will be garnished till the day he dies, but he won't go to prison.

if he continues to defame the SH parents in spite of the civil judgements against him, I THINK that is a criminal offence that carries penalties (I think I saw that from one of the law adjacent people in this thread, others feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). As the man literally cannot shut up, that is probably his most likely, although still admittedly small, path to prison.

this answer is dissapointing on so many levels and surprising on none

Edit: he deserves prison and nothing less is what I meant by this post

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
He might still go to prison for multitude of crimes he's committed and will continue to commit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troubadour
Mar 1, 2001
Forum Veteran

Doobie Keebler posted:

I sat on one jury. A young guy rear-ended the car in front of him.

I only have one question for you. Are you Doobie Keebler?