Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Folk here might think I'm giving him too much credit, but the whole "resigning" , truss somehow becoming PM (despite being a walking void), Dorries sycophantic praise, sticking around in chequers, putting his name back into the releadershio vote...

Well, it all has an air of being orchestrated.

Stick the dead cat up to show how bad it is "without Boris" and then saunter back in as the familiar, safer pair of of hands.

Boris will be PM again because that's the the shittest outcome will be.

Edit: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obiekt_279

Looks like the Soviets have a history of building stuff that still wouldn't help them win this war.

Kin fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Oct 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Holy poo poo lmao can he get the other 50???

I'm on the edge of my seat! I didn't think he'd have this much support

Also from an American point of view this pretty much confirms Trump will win in 2024

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Holy poo poo lmao can he get the other 50???

I'm on the edge of my seat! I didn't think he'd have this much support

Also from an American point of view this pretty much confirms Trump will win in 2024

I just read somewhere that he has an upper ceiling of around 80.
I reckon other MPs are hanging back a bit, going to be talking with others to make sure only 1 nominee gets most 'promises' (other than potentially Boris) rather than splitting the vote.

Or I suppose it could be Mad Nads writing (or emailing) under 49 different names.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Oct 21, 2022

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I just read somewhere that he has an upper ceiling of around 80.
HFEA report?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Guavanaut posted:

HFEA report?

I had to google that
LOL

Just random scrolling and hopping between twitter and reddit.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/QueenStodge/status/1583087172059439107

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Thing is it’s starscreams all the way down.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

uk 2024: vaguely boris

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

If Sunak pulls through, would he be the first non-white PM?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
They have to know how badly Boris would be viewed right? He's the second most hated PM in recent history. The vast majority of every poll say it was right he was sacked, and this lot are thinking about bringing him back?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Ledgernd

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

I actually had to look up yesterday why it was Boris finally went. Straight up couldn't remember.

It was the whole Chris Pincher sexual abuse thing. But honestly it could have been anything, that was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
He's coming home
He's coming home
He's coming
Big Dog's coming home

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Potato Salad posted:

someone help me understand what the absolute motherfuck this is trying to say, I regrettably haven't seen Saul yet

I'm hosting a Ukrainian and she says Boris is basically the single most popular person in Ukraine, so I think they're very excited about the possibility of him being in charge again.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I'm ready for the sudden arrival of the charismatic Mr Sirob

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Kin posted:

Folk here might think I'm giving him too much credit, but the whole "resigning" , truss somehow becoming PM (despite being a walking void), Dorries sycophantic praise, sticking around in chequers, putting his name back into the releadershio vote...

Stick the dead cat up to show how bad it is "without Boris" and then saunter back in as the familiar, safer pair of of hands.

Nah.
Boris isn't nearly clever enough to have done this deliberately.
He might still become PM again, but he's also far too lazy to be able to set things right. He'll get booted at the next election if he wins this. And then he'll go down in history as the failed PM who was kicked out of office twice during the same term.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Grey Hunter posted:

They have to know how badly Boris would be viewed right? He's the second most hated PM in recent history. The vast majority of every poll say it was right he was sacked, and this lot are thinking about bringing him back?

They know there's enough detestable, ignorant bigots out there (see the stupid woman clip a few pages ago) to probably keep the baseline tory support functioning.

From my basic view, this current clown car has regular Tory voters turning their noses at the party.

Boris would likely bring them back because he's the Noel Edmonds of the Tory party and end up keeping the party in power with just 35% of the votes due to FPTP.

Everyone needs to remember that it doesn't matter if Scotland, Wales or the majority of people hate him.

Due to the FPTP all he needs is that magical minimal public vote for the party to keep him on the top.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Kin posted:

Edit: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obiekt_279

Looks like the Soviets have a history of building stuff that still wouldn't help them win this war.

A: They're not that smart and are just constantly winging it
B: If this is actually their game, it's really stupid

The damage done here seems like it will outlast a PM change, for the most part

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If Sunak pulls through, would he be the first non-white PM?

Depending on how racist you are feeling there is Disraeli.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Grey Hunter posted:

It’s hosed up but he’s also the only one who could credibly claim to have a mandate from the public and not require a new general election

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

kingturnip posted:

Nah.
He might still become PM again, but he's also far too lazy to be able to set things right. He'll get booted at the next election if he wins this. And then he'll go down in history as the failed PM who was kicked out of office twice during the same term.

At least he's getting his Churchill cosplay right.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How many nominations does the lettuce have as of last counting?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

roomtone posted:

uk 2024: vaguely boris

I still say ut99 was better

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
What's the chance this means you'll have an ex-PM who doesn't publish her memoirs under some absurdly pretentious title?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

What's the chance this means you'll have an ex-PM who doesn't publish her memoirs under some absurdly pretentious title?

What, you mean like "Out of the blue"? Because, uhh, might be a bit late for that.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Lady Gaza posted:

Not really many safe seats based on latest polling. According to that, my MP (Tom Tugendhat, Tonbridge and Malling) would lose his seat. I think even Royal Tunbridge Wells would go Labour.

British names are indistinguishable from Americans mocking thosw names

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009

kingturnip posted:

Nah.

Your forgetting this dystopian reality we're in.

Boris will become PM again and will get an even larger majority at the next election. Just because it doesn't make any sense doesn't mean it won't happen.

Crymetimeboys
Aug 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Golden Bee posted:

I refer you once again to:

Also, Dominic Cummings.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
You know what the big thing in Penistone is? Poll dancing as a yoga replacement. That’s not joke idk how it started or why it became so popular but instead of aerobics or yoga they have poll dancing lessons.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/GoodwinMJ/status/1583344314578788352?s=20&t=CI_cUjc24IGfpi1fFP4-NA

The collapse is made even funnier by the fact that not a single Tory voter has switched to the Lib Dems

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

peanut- posted:

https://twitter.com/GoodwinMJ/status/1583344314578788352?s=20&t=CI_cUjc24IGfpi1fFP4-NA

The collapse is made even funnier by the fact that not a single Tory voter has switched to the Lib Dems

It's not really funny that a Tory voter finds Labour an acceptable alternative for the r policy.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Most of the polling collapse is Tory voters either saying they don't know who they'll vote for anymore instead of Tory, or their likelihood to vote in the next election dropping and being weighted lower. It's not much Starmer doing anything. Easy to see in the Crosstabs.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Golden Bee posted:

Bold words from the country of Tommy Tuberville and Willard Mittens Romney.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Bosplay has entered the arena.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Nothingtoseehere posted:

Most of the polling collapse is Tory voters either saying they don't know who they'll vote for anymore instead of Tory, or their likelihood to vote in the next election dropping and being weighted lower. It's not much Starmer doing anything. Easy to see in the Crosstabs.

Yes, I'm aware. That's why we always ignore polls - the vast majority of those I don't knows will become "dunno, guess I'll vote Tory like always".

The problem is that the Tory support is too big to simply vanish. Nice though it is to think of there never being a Tory MP again, those voters have to go somewhere and there's so many of them that whichever party they end up supporting will be subject to entryism on an unprecedented scale. Regardless of who actually governs, Britain will not be fixed as long as Tory voters are still alive.

E: that's an observation, BTW, not a statement of intent.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

peanut- posted:

All it does is point out that the Tory party finds the current Labour party, who are basically espousing Cameron Era policy, a comfortable switch. It unfortunately also means that the people in charge of Labour will feel becoming the new Tories was the correct strategy.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Jedit posted:

It's not really funny that a Tory voter finds Labour an acceptable alternative for the r policy.

https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1583348881039187971?t=u-DbXtxpwIePtawDH1evQA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
I’m starting to settle on a scenario where Boris wins, calls a snap general election, and wipes the floor with Keith.