Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Average Lettuce posted:

What's the best way to follow MotoGP news?

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

Motomatters.com is my favorite. A lot of his deeper stuff is paywalled but I think it’s worth it, I’ve been reading his coverage since I got into MotoGP back in like 2008. Mat Oxley at Motorsport.com is also good, the-race.com has some good news coverage if a little clickbaity, and all of these are active on Twitter which is great.

Dave from Motomatters does a good podcast with a bunch of other journalists and Neil Morrison who commentates on the moto3 and 2 qualifying. They also do a lot of WSBK news.

https://twitter.com/PaddockPassPod/

echomadman fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Thanks, I'll check Motomatters!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Haha holy poo poo Rins! Riding it like he stole it the whole way.

Great fun in Moto3 as well, well done Guevara. Can't remember Moto2 but that's the fever talking.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

italian quid posted:

I honestly think the Nakagami thing happened purely because Ogura very wisely realised that the more time Honda has to sort out their poo poo show before he gets on the bike the better he will look so he isn't in a rush to grab that seat.

Yeah this is how it feels to me too, Honda want a Japanese rider and Ogura isn’t ready/wanting to step up yet.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I'm so happy I didn't spoil this race before watching it.

Miller getting taken out in his own corner was :discourse:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Sucks for Miller, I was hoping he'd stay in the champion points. Though with him going on mediums and knowing how he tends to chew his tires up he probably wouldn't have been able to keep up to the end anyway. Wonder how harsh they'll get on Álex.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I hope the stars align and Aleix wins the championship.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Collateral Damage posted:

Sucks for Miller, I was hoping he'd stay in the champion points. Though with him going on mediums and knowing how he tends to chew his tires up he probably wouldn't have been able to keep up to the end anyway. Wonder how harsh they'll get on Álex.

Long lap pinger at sepang was the verdict

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:
I know they're trying to dissuade bad behaviour but that's a pretty bullshit penalty for what was clearly a racing incident. Alex got it wrong, went straight over to check on miller, them went to apologise after.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Long lap feels consistent with other incidents this season.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Oh no, so Alex will finish 14th instead of 9th next race?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The stewards having no consistency, transparency or competence has been a running theme for a few years now.

Russian Bear posted:

Oh no, so Alex will finish 24th instead of 19th next race?

Fixed

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Ever since Freddie Spencer took over its just been a poo poo show. something is a racing incident one weekend, next week its two long lap penalties. It sounds like he refuses to talk to anybody about his decisions so maybe its an ego thing

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:
Michael Masi was at the track this weekend. Just make him the race director/chief steward/whatever. What could go wrong?

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

KodiakRS posted:

Michael Masi was at the track this weekend. Just make him the race director/chief steward/whatever. What could go wrong?

This is bad. F1 should not be allowed to diffuse its evil non-racing ways into this sport

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

KodiakRS posted:

I thought he’d gone back to the Supercars in Australia, where he was before Formula 1 and (in fairness) getting promoted too early because Charlie Whiting died.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Lol at Crutchlow being tops at the end of FP2.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Q2 never disappoints.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
who wants to win this championship?

<crickets>

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

My schadenfreude for Pecco losing this while so close is at an all time high.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The Yamaha is too slow and it's cost them the championship.

But one of the ways it did that was by undermining Fabio psychologically - I can't imagine any other reason for him qualifying so badly when morbidelli got on the second row besides having already decided his bike is too slow; he's lost in his head.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

most of the top runners did badly in q2...are they running race/dry spec setups maybe?

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

I'm guessing it's just the pressure, pushing hard to be on the front row. Unless it's actually wet the bikes are always setup for dry, as far as I know anyway. Once the race starts I think most teams change the second bike over to wet, just in case.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It's psychological pressure in difficult conditions, the guys with nothing to lose conversely did well

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I’m also happy that Marq is back near the front being an annoying buzzy bee following people.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Is that kid in Moto2 that got seriously hosed up at PI doing okay?

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Good job Fabio :unsmith:

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
yep both riders did what they needed to do.

Enea’s got some balls though!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That was a bloody tense race

Would love to know whether bastianini couldn't or wouldn't pass bagnaia at the end there

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
He was saying he had some grip issues near the end, so who knows the real story.

Great result from Rins, even though it doesn't matter overall, he's still got the race in him.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Slavvy posted:

That was a bloody tense race

Would love to know whether bastianini couldn't or wouldn't pass bagnaia at the end there

Felt like he made that pass ten to go to let Pecco know what’s up and then dropped back like a good boy. So excited to cheer for Enea next year.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Great to see Fabio get on the podium. Dude in the cool down room with his hand in a literal bag of ice cuz of the broken finger.

Enea is really fun to watch.

Moto 2 and 3 were no slouches either. Some pretty brutal crashes particularly the highsides.

E: almost forgot. Lol @ Martin crashing out with a comfortable lead.

SocksAndSandals fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 24, 2022

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Toe Rag posted:

Good job Fabio :unsmith:

Super intense race. Glad I didn't know the results.

Out of the Ducati half of the grid, I'm pulling for Enea next year.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

SocksAndSandals posted:

E: almost forgot. Lol @ Martin crashing out with a comfortable lead.

Martin seems well placed to inherit Miller's crown of "Ducati rider who constantly blows good results by crashing out or just abusing the poo poo out of his tire in the first half of the race"

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

It's easy to cheer for Enea he's awesome and I think it's rad he's going Full Ducati but I am enjoying watching Pecco a lot more the second half of the season.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Enea is much more likeable because he's his own man and seems to just get on with the job. Pecco is constantly talking about consulting Stoner and Rossi which to me very much says he lives in the shadow of giants and is gonna get rolled psychologically by Marc next year.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

italian quid posted:

Enea is much more likeable because he's his own man and seems to just get on with the job. Pecco is constantly talking about consulting Stoner and Rossi which to me very much says he lives in the shadow of giants and is gonna get rolled psychologically by Marc next year.

just lol at consulting stoner the textbook example of someone who can't explain what they're doing hope rossi makes more sense in Italian

dema
Aug 13, 2006

I took the "consulting Stoner and Rossi" stuff as an attempt to curry favor with fans of those riders.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

the paradigm shift posted:

hope rossi makes more sense in Italian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ecs0xG2uaU

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

italian quid posted:

Marc and bastianini yeah.

TBH I think Marc will crush all these young upstarts if HRC can pull their head out their rear end but I'm also wary of sounding like the rossi tragics did in the mid 10's. I can't see anyone but bestia and maybe fabio being able to withstand the psychological onslaught of the great one.