Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
oh hey it's time for your unscheduled autumnal flavour nature break with a selection of fine images from the farm

bonus badgers too, 'cause times are hard

https://twitter.com/TheFiveAcres/status/1574330820180967424?t=OdEOfU9C94tTJRyUtoWwJQ&s=19,

alright then, back to the stupidest possible apocalypse with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:
For people who are thick as gently caress, Boris coming back is even an easy sell.

"I remember Boris was a laugh, they locked him out because he liked having a bit of fun, now look at the state we're in! Never should have kicked him out, he was just having a laugh!"

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Just in time for Halloween, here he comes, that rough beast, his (second) hour come round at last, shambling towards Westminister to be reborn

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/MattChorley/status/1583181570445217792

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1583371168723001344

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Mouthing my arse I can hear him on the mic lol

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

What happens in the comedy case where no candidate gets over a hundred supportimg MPa?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

they'll do that thing where the ones with less backers are progressively eliminated and their supporters redistribute among the remaining runners

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

What happens in the comedy case where no candidate gets over a hundred supportimg MPa?

if the rule they just made up doesn't work I guess they can make up a different one

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Truss gets brought back, whether she likes it or not.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Brady goes round the locker room with a hammer and breaks kneecaps until they get two candidates. They're supposed to have the field in place by Monday, so not going to let it drag out.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Payndz posted:

Truss gets brought back, whether she likes it or not.

Her being too useless to even resign successfully is definitely the comedy option.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Rustybear posted:

the extent to which boris leads a charmed life is insane, he literally took a 45 day interregnum to have a honeymoon and he comes back refreshed and with a get out of jail free card for why everything is poo poo now. unreal
I want to laugh and laugh and laugh.

Except a similar event will occur in 2024 when we reelect Trump.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Wizard Master posted:

What are your blokes thoughts on Liz Truss resigning as Prime Minister after just 44 days following a disastrous budget and subsequent poor approval ratings

Coming over here after being probed in the GBS thread for your repeated, unfunny schtick I see?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

His personal lovely behaviour aside, I feel like Boris wasn't that bad by the standards of modern Tory PMs. Mostly he preferred popular measures and at least an appearance of caring for the poors.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

kecske posted:

they'll do that thing where the ones with less backers are progressively eliminated and their supporters redistribute among the remaining runners

And if that doesn't work, then they actually do have to give Starmer the chance to form a government. If he can't do so either, then a General Election is automatically called as nobody has the confidence of the House.

The comedy option is that Starmer does form a government. He'd be in such an extreme minority position that he'd have to call an immediate GE himself, and the Tories would do everything in their power to oppose it.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
The grip Boris has on the media is astonishing. He's splashed across the front of every newspaper, all the breakfast radio and TV news shows were almost exclusively about him. Sunak might as well not exist, even Truss barely squeezed into the coverage.

Feels inevitable already.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Private Speech posted:

an appearance of caring for the poors.

Erm, do you have any evidence of this?

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Mourning Due posted:

For people who are thick as gently caress, Boris coming back is even an easy sell.

"I remember Boris was a laugh, they locked him out because he liked having a bit of fun, now look at the state we're in! Never should have kicked him out, he was just having a laugh!"

Oh yes, absolutely. I think he's got momentum and is coming back. Those dumb balding shitheads, will as always dance to the Mail/Express/Sun's tune, and will be cheerful that such a mischievous character and scamp who livens things up is back.

Previous indiscretions will be buried under the table, and any attempt by the privileges committee or whatever to suspend him will receive massive coverage framing it as an attempted 'WOKE REMOANER STITCH-UP', and Tory MPs will wilt under the public pressure (and desire to appease their base/appear unified).

The question is how widely the current level of anger toward the Tories for loving the country up will remain, and how they are able to pin exclusively onto Truss and jettison with her.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Wow. Lin Trust, eh? Worrwerealltharrabout? Heard she was a bit of a goer. Not surprising. You know what they're like. And now she's gone! Oh! Ha ha, bit of a goer, now she's gone. Ha! Just came up with that myself. Yeah, this is it. Anyway, what about this Joris Bohnson guy, brand new, nothing sticking to him. New blood, all that. I had that Nigel Farridge in the back of the cab once, a very clever man, some good ideas.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

fuctifino posted:

Erm, do you have any evidence of this?

All the talk about "levelling up" and everyone having a chance.

As I said, an appearance, but definitely preferable to "tax cuts for the rich, austerity for the poor" Truss or "austerity for everyone except businesses" Sunak.

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Sunak and Mordaunt both got over 100 last time. Boris (lol, lmao) is probably going to end up over 100 once the ERG inevitably swings behind him.

My guess as to how things play out is that Sunak and Mordaunt come to a carefully, painstakingly negotiated agreement, one of them ends up with the backing of 2/3rds of MPs... then Boris inevitably wins the members' vote and chaos reigns. :sickos:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Labour being gleeful at the return of boris is going to bite them in the arse when he makes starmer eat poo poo on polling day. This is the democrats donating to fascist GOP candidates campaigns situation all over again.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
A labour MP has resigned due to being a sex pest so we're getting at least one by-election

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

a pipe smoking dog posted:

A labour MP has resigned due to being a sex pest so we're getting at least one by-election

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1583410029348020224

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Chinese Gordon posted:

Sunak and Mordaunt both got over 100 last time. Boris (lol, lmao) is probably going to end up over 100 once the ERG inevitably swings behind him.

My guess as to how things play out is that Sunak and Mordaunt come to a carefully, painstakingly negotiated agreement, one of them ends up with the backing of 2/3rds of MPs... then Boris inevitably wins the members' vote and chaos reigns. :sickos:

According to those keeping count, Mordaunt is struggling to get many backers, so the way it's playing out is it's going to be Boris v Rishi, or Rishi is crowned without it going to the members.

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

And while its true that Boris will be able to reverse *some* of the polling damage, he is still wildly unpopular and will also have to deal with 2/3rds of MPs outright hating him, even if very few/none are brave enough to actually resign or cross the floor. Also he will almost certainly be found to have lied to parliament and *definitely* not resign over it, so that'll be fun too.

Oh and the pound/gilts will tank again. Pound's already down quite a lot over last couple of days as the Return Of Spaffer looks more and more likely.

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

ukle posted:

According to those keeping count, Mordaunt is struggling to get many backers, so the way it's playing out is it's going to be Boris v Rishi, or Rishi is crowned without it going to the members.

Yeah but if Boris gets 100 noms (and he very well might) then it doesn't matter if Rishi gets 265, the members still get the final say. And they *will* pick Boris (lol, lmao)

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Private Speech posted:

His personal lovely behaviour aside, I feel like Boris wasn't that bad by the standards of modern Tory PMs. Mostly he preferred popular measures and at least an appearance of caring for the poors.

you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to him"

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Chinese Gordon posted:

Mordaunt is a member of the ERG and stepped aside to back truss as the continuity boris candidate, she got her numbers early and is way more likely to end up backing Boris

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Boris is going to win and it's going to be yet more chaos with the Tories.

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Spangly A posted:

Mordaunt is a member of the ERG and stepped aside to back truss as the continuity boris candidate, she got her numbers early and is way more likely to end up backing Boris

Mordaunt is a Brexit psycho, yes, but she has very little appeal among the proper nutters on account of being slightly less of a massive bigot than the average Tory. She's also probably not quite stupid enough to completely blow up the NI Protocol, so that again severely restricts her pull with the lunatic wing. They will fall in behind Boris, I think, if only to Stop Rishi.

And I don't think Mordaunt herself particularly hates Rishi and would probably prefer to be Chancellor under him than a clown show Boris II admin.

Chinese Gordon fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Oct 21, 2022

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

It'll end up being a two way race between Boris and Rishi, and we all know how that'll turn out if it goes to a members vote.

In other news: https://twitter.com/Claire_Phipps/status/1583408322627371009

:toot:

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Oct 21, 2022

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fuctifino posted:

It'll end up being a two way race between Boris and Rishi, and we all know how that'll turn out if it goes to a members vote.

In other news: https://twitter.com/Claire_Phipps/status/1583408322627371009

:toot:

Suella in tears

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1583417680216096769

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Boris really is our Berlusconi.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The Boris second coming is going to be very funny if nothing else.

Lib brains will melt en masse, pouring out of their ears. Gammons will be so red you could fry eggs on them.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Private Speech posted:

What, you mean like "Out of the blue"? Because, uhh, might be a bit late for that.

No, I meant the former PM style memoirs, what pigfucker did in his secret sty shepherd's hut. To, like, announce her entrance to the paid speaking circuit gigs.

My £.02 is that £114k annually is a great deal on not having Liz Truz for PM

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Wonder what it'll cost to bring an end to BoJo 2--Prime Ministerial Boogaloo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Eager to find out what insane infrastructure projects Boris intends to promise and never deliver this time round.

A dam between Bangor and Portpatrick to lower the Irish sea and reclaim new land to build British / Irish freeport charter cities.